Final

I Think I’m Falling in Love

Note : Text messages and phone calls are in bold , past situations/memories in italics ,song lyrics in both bold and italics.

Hope you all will enjoy

 


 

 

“Kim Chaewon”,Eunbi screamed as soon as she saw the younger entering the school premises.This is also the first time our protagonists meet each other for the first time.

 

It was chaewon’s first day at her university as a music major. Even though she had many worries built up ,seeing eunbi made her feel comfortable and happy. Eunbi and Chaewon grew up together in the same neighbourhood.Even though Eunbi was one year older than chaewon,both got along well. Because of the duo, the parents got along well too. It’s like they were sisters .

 

“Unnie'',chaewon replied with a wide smile. Eunbi was with Yena and Hyewon,her college mates. Eunbi and Yena were dance majors while Hyewon majored in engineering. The trio met each other on orientation day for the first time but clicked so fast than the light.

 

Chaewon approached Eunbi with quick paces.

 

“How do you feel? “, Eunbi asked. She knows the younger one is skeptical and nervous. Chaewon rarely tells her feelings and Eunbi knew it. But with time Eunbi got used to it and was even able to tell how chaewon feels just by seeing Chaewon.

 

Chaewon only replied with a smile. “Don’t think much, just go with the flow. It will all be okay”,Eunbi advised.”Also be sure to get some good friends, that’s really IMPORTANT”, eunbi said while emphasizing the word ‘important’.

 

“Btw this is Hyewon and this Yena”, Eunbi introduced her friends while turning to the friends. “Hyewon is from the Engineering department and Yena is a dance major just like me”, Eunbi continued.

 

“Nice to meet you”,Hyewon said. “Me too Unnie ”,Chaewon replied a little bit shyly.

“Hello, I am Yena. Let’s get along well”, Yena said while giving her hand. Even if it’s just the first time, she felt that elder’s bright energy. “Yes, unnie”,Chaewon said while giving her hand.

 

“Actually she is not just Yena, she is our ace and a duck”, Eunbi said with a smirk. She was proud how she complimented and teased Yena at the same time.”Yaah” , Yena said in an angry tone but in reality she just looked so cute and like a baby.

 

“A duck?”, Chaewon asked in a confused tone.Eunbi pointed at Yena’s mouth and Chaewon got it instantly.

“Yaah , don’t laugh”, Yena whined. Chaewon gave an okay sign but continued to laugh.

“It’s time for you to go Chaewon. Let’s meet during lunch” They bid goodbye and went on their own ways to the respective departments. Eunbi and Yena went together while Hyewon and Chaewon went together. Engineering department was just close to the Music department. Hyewon and Chaewon barely spoke, they just walked silently. Hyewon said ”Bye” and went on her own way at the intersection.

 

“Let’s get this done Chaewon, You can do this”, Chaewon thought to herself while standing in front of the department.

 

Her first day is not bad like Chaewon expected it to be. She quickly became friends with Yuri and Yujin. Chaewon was a little bit surprised by how loud and outgoing Yujin is. But she enjoyed Yujin’s presence. She found Yuri’s accent very charming. Chaewon also talked and shared some general stuff like about her family and where she lives. She enjoyed listening to the other two talking with each other more.

 

The lunch break came and Chaewon texted Eunbi.

 

C: Unnie are you at the cafeteria?

E: Yes, Chaewon. Come.

C:Unnie….I made some friends. Can they come too please?

E:Sure, come with them.

 

Yujin ,Yuri and Chaewon arrived at the cafeteria. Eunbi saw Chaewon and waved at Chaewon. Chaewon returned the wave. The six girls introduced each other and settled to have lunch. Chaewon shared about her day with Eunbi eagerly. Yujin and Yena clicked so fast. Actually everyone clicked so fast. Hyewon and Yuri talked with each other and found out they are from the same town. The girls exchanged their numbers and chatted happily while having fun during lunch.

 

Chaewon was done for the day but decided to wait until Eunbi was done with her meeting. After lunch the girls bid goodbye and went their separate ways. Chaewon waited outside the dance department for Eunbi.Yena got done with her meeting sooner than Eunbi and came out. Yena came and sat near Chaewon. Yena realised the younger was not that talkative. She didn’t want to talk and make the younger feel burdened. So she took her mobile phone and started to play. Chaewon wondered why the older didn’t talk with her. She later noticed that the older one was playing games. She slowly peeked. Yena noticed it and slowly turned her phone to Chaewon’s direction. Chaewon felt embarrassed but continued to watch.

 

After a while Yena asked,”Do you play games?”.

“I do, but not much unnie”, Chaewon replied. “I sometimes play battlegrounds and kart rider”,chaewon continued.

“I play those two too”, Yena replied enthusiastically.”Let’s play together”. Yena created a room and added Chaewon to play kart rider. Yena showed a car and said ,“That’s my friend sakura.Me ,Hyewon and Sakura play together a lot.Sometime my brother joins too”, Yena continued while changing the settings.

 

“You have a brother?,” Chaewon asked. Yena nodded.

“What about you?”.

“I have a sister”,Chaewon replied.

Yena stopped playing and scrolled through her gallery and found what she was looking for. Yena showed her phone in front of Chaewon’s face.It was a picture of her and her brother.Chaewon was surprised. Younger thought that they could be passed as twins.

“You look like twins”, Chaewon commented.

“I get that alot”,Yena said with a laugh. They continued playing and talking in between until Eunbi came. Yena never failed to make Chaewon laugh a lot in between. Chaewon also felt very happy while talking with Yena. The trio left and bid their goodbyes at the school gate.

 

 


 

 

The girls got closer soon and easily. They always hang out at the IZ cafe every Saturday and just talk or even sometimes they do homework together. Sometimes Hyewon’s sister Wonyoung will join them too. Yena ,Eunbi and Hyewon used to hangout there since their first year. Everyone became friends with the part timers there.

 

The older trio introduced the younger trio to the part timers . Sakura,Nako and Hitomi.

When they introduced Sakura,Chaewon looked at Yena and Yena nodded. Yena has mentioned how Sakura is one of her gaming buddies.

 

Everyone was done with the first semester exams and projects. The group gathered at the IZ cafe as usual.

 

After some catching up, Hyewon suddenly said,"Guys let's go somewhere during the vacation break". Even the older trio has never gone on a vacation by themselves so far. Eunbi and Yena looked so happy because of the suggestion and nodded in agreement. Even the younger trio looked enthusiastic. They decided everything on the spot itself. Since the school will give the first semester break next week . So the squad decided to go on the day itself. Further they all agreed for two nights and three days easily. They decided to rent a van. Eunbi, Yena and Chaewon all have licenses ,therefore driving was not an issue. Yuri said about a holiday home owned by her uncle. It was a two hour drive away from the University. She called her uncle and got it book when the girls approved. The squad dismissed happily that day than other days . They all were enthusiastic by the idea of going on a vacation and couldn’t wait till next week.

 

Eunbi, Chaewon and Yena left together as Yena and Eunbi wanted to discuss more about a dance project. By this time Yena and Chaewon have gotten close a lot. During free time even when the rest of the squad don't meet up, they will meet. They were like two peas in a pod. They both also felt very comfortable with each other. When Yena feels troubled and wants to rant , she will always go to Chaewon. She used to hide her emotions well. But with Chaewon she felt she could show that side of her. Not just her bubbly and happy side.

 

Chaewon also felt grateful that older trust and comes to her for solace. Others noticed how close the two have gotten. They even noticed how Chaewon has become more talkative and playful than she used to be. Eunbi knew this side of Chaewon after knowing her for a long time. But Chaewon rarely shows this bubbly side of her. Chaewon had become more comfortable and lively than she used to be in the public. Eunbi was worried about Chaewon initially. She was not sure how Chaewon would settle knowing the younger's personality. But she was more than convinced and contended that Chaewon will be all okay.

 

It's not that everyone has to be bubbly and talkative all the time. Eunbi knew it more than anyone. Chaewon refused to get help and to rely on others since their childhood. Eunbi was worried about it. As much as she also doesn't trust many, Eunbi knew with experience that we need help from people at least once in our life. But the Chaewon back then refused help from her own family. But now she saw how Chaewon asked help from others when needed.


 

The trio reached their destination.

 

"Unnie can I come to your place too?,"Chaewon asked Eunbi, running back from her house . For some reason she didn't want to go home. She wanted to spend more time with Yena and Eunbi. But little did she know what she wanted was to spend more time with Yena in reality.

 

While Eunbi and Yena are discussing ,Chaewon got her homework done. Once in a while she would look at how smart and awesome her seniors were . Seeing them was like a motivation for her to do well. After the discussions,Yena and Chaewon left Eunbi’s house together.

 

When Yena was about to go, "Hmm ,Unnie you want to come inside?", Chaewon asked with her puppy eyes. She has always been weak to Chaewon’s puppy eyes.

 

Yena agreed instantly . Once they reached the door and rang the bell, Chaewon's mom welcomed them warmly. It's the first time Chaewon has brought a different friend home instead of Eunbi.

Chaewon introduced her mom and Yena to each other.

"So this is Yena. I have heard about you", Chaewon's mom said with a huge smile. Yena smiled shyly. Yena realized Chaewon got her beautiful eyes as she kept looking at Mrs. Kim.

 

Yena and Chaewon went to Chaewon's room until her mom prepared some snacks . On the way to Chaewon's room, Yena saw the photographs hung in the wall. She realized that beauty definitely runs in the genes. First thing she noticed when she entered Chaewon’s room’s smell. Her room smelled like baby powder. That was very Chaewon-like. Chaewon room was very tidy. Chaewon made her way to Yena and both settled on Chaewon's bed.

 

"Your room is just like you", Yena said. Chaewon laughed at the remark. "What does that mean Unnie?"

"I don't know, it feels like you", Yena commented while shrugging.

 

Chaewon didn't know how to comment on it. Even though she invited the elder, she has no idea what to do. While the two were talking about random things, Mrs. Kim called the girls to eat. Yena found out how ticklish the younger on this day. Yena took a quick two-shot of them before going down stairs.Yena took her bag and left to the downstairs with Chaewon. On the way out,Yena saw Chaewon's baby pics and paused a little to check them. Chaewon got embarrassed a little bit but let the older one continue. Yena smiled and said how cute Chaewon while checking every single pic of baby Chaewon. Yena asked permission to take a pic of Chaewon’s baby pics, to which Chaewon nodded as a reply. After that the duo left to eat.

 

Mrs. Kim had prepared some sandwiches, cake and apple juice. Yena and Chaewon sat across each other. While eating Mrs. Kim shared stories of young Chaewon . Yena got to know how Chaewon’s competitive self. She never expected that side of Chaewon. Yena was actually very surprised to hear it. Mrs. Kim also shared how they always have to buy ice cream separately for Chaewon because she eats mint-choco ice cream. Then Yena commented, "Mrs.Kim can buy her toothpaste to eat then". Chaewon welcomed Yena’s arm with a slap. Mrs. Kim laughed at them. She also noticed how Yena's voice becomes like a child when she talks fast. She became fond of Yena instantly. Mrs.Kim also happened to notice how Chaewon listens to Yena with a huge smile and attentively. From her motherly instincts, Mrs. Kim knew that it was different than usual. Mrs. Kim was so happy to see that Chaewon has got a good friend. Chaewon has always shared how Yena helped her.

 

After the meal, Yena said goodbye to Mrs. Kim. Mrs.Kim invited Yena to visit them soon again, to which Yena replied that she will .Chaewon came with Yena to the gate.

 

"Unnie thank you for coming today", Chaewon said while opening the gate.

"No,no thank you for inviting me",Yena said in her kind of baby voice.

"See you tomorrow ", Yena said .

"Drop me a text when you go home, definitely Unnie", Chaewon said while waving her hand.

 

Yena's heart filled with happiness. She is happy to hear it from the younger.

Yena texted as soon as reached home.

 

Y : I just got home. Sleep now. Good night Chaewonnie

C : Chaewonnie?

Y: You don't like it?

C : No I love it Unnie. Sleep well Unnie. Good night.

 

The two went to sleep with the biggest smiles on their face that night.

 

 


 


 

The D-day finally arrived. As agreed before,once the school was over they will start their journey in the afternoon. After getting done with the University for the semester the girls gathered at the gate.

 

While Eunbi was waiting for the rest of the squad with Yena, she saw the rented van parked at the other side of the road. Once everyone came, they approached the van. Eunbi took the wheel while Hyewon took the front seat. Yujin and Yuri took the first seat at the back .Chaewon and Yena took the back seat. Nothing much happened on the way. Everyone was exhausted after the long day. The younger ones fell asleep.

 

Chaewon just fell asleep while in her sitting position. Once the van passed a bump, Chaewon’s head inclined a bit and was about to hit the Vvan's window. But Yena saw this and kept her hand at the window, so Chaewon's head will hit her hand rather than the window. After that she slowly made Chaewon sleep on her lap. After sometime Yena took the wheel from Eunbi.


 

After 2 hours the girls arrive at the holiday house. Everyone was awake . It was a little dark outside. Once they got down from the van, everyone just started roaming around the complex. They noticed it was actually a very luxurious place. There was a large swimming pool and even a place to hold a barbeque .There was a mini bar ,three bedrooms with attached bathrooms. They did rock, paper, scissors to decide the roommates. Hyewon and Eunbi,Yuri and Yujin and finally Yena and Chaewon became roommates . Even if they didn't do the game to choose the roommate, Yena was already planning to ask Chaewon to be her roommate.

 

Everyone went to their rooms and unpacked. After changing the clothes and resting a bit, everyone gathered at the living room.

 

"What do you want to eat tonight?", Eunbi asked from the rest.

There were various suggestions. Pizza, pasta and ramen were some of them. Everyone agreed on pizza. She went and informed the chef.

"Let's make a plan for tomorrow" ,Eunbi suggested after she returned.

"Let's go to the pool tomorrow and have a barbecue at night,''Yujin said enthusiastically.

"Let's sing and dance too", Yena suggested after Yujin.

Everyone nodded in agreement .

"Okay then,in the morning let's have a swim. Then after resting let's do the barbecue in the evening",Eunbi sayed while looking at the girls.

"Sounds like a plan", Yujin said while playing with the couch’s pillow .

 

Until the food arrived the girls started to talk about the things that happened at the university.After the dinner everyone left to their rooms.

Chaewon called her mom and told about the day. Yena, who saw this smiled ,finding what the younger one did cute. Yena also later called her mom to say about the day.

After the call Yena and Chaewon decided to play kart rider. The two were being loud. Even Eunbi who was next door asked them to lower their voices. After playing for sometime, the girls decided to sleep.

There were two single beds . After some time, "Chaewonie are you sleeping?",Yena asked in a shaky voice.

"What Unnie?", Chaewon asked sleepily.

 

"Just",Yena replied. The truth was it's too cold for Yena. But she didn't know how to bring it up.

Chaewon turned to Yena's direction and opened her eyes. She saw that the elder is actually shivering. She quickly got up and went to Yena's bed to hug Yena tightly.

“Chaewon is warm” , Yena thought. That's the warmest hug she had from someone who is not her family. She wanted to feel it as long as she could. Yena snuggled towards Chaewon's body. Chaewon was a little taken back by the elder's action but she liked it. She decided to wait until Yena fell asleep to go back to go back to her own bed. But Chaewon fell asleep next to Yena while hugging the elder tightly.

 

Morning arrived and Eunbi knocked at everyone's door to wake them up. Yujin answered with a good morning. Eunbi got no reply from Yena’s and Chaewon's room. After knocking a few times she turned the door knob. She was welcome with the sight of Yena and Chaewon soundly sleeping while hugging each other. Eunbi let out a soft chuckle and left the two alone .

It was Yena who woke up first. Yena felt that someone was next to her. At first she couldn't recall what happened last night. Then she remembered how Chaewon came to her bed and hugged her tightly because she was shivering. Replay of last night’s happenings made Yena smile. She didn't notice how the younger one was awake.

 

"Why are you smiling like that?",Chaewon asked with a soft chuckle. Yena turned her eyes towards the younger girl and kept staring at her.

 

"Good morning to you too",Yena said with a soft smile. Chaewon's eyes beamed when she saw Yena's smile. It looks so caring and warm.She was fully content with the first sight that she saw that morning.

 

"Good morning Unnie. Are you okay now?" chaewon asked, referring to last night.

"I am all good now,'' Yena said, waking up. "Let's wake up now,we need to go swimming".

Chaewon also got down from the bed. Since there are two sinks, they went to brush together. After that ,until Yena finished washing ,Chaewon came out and prepared the bed .Once Yena came out , Chaewon went and washed. After the morning routine they girls went out to the living room. They were welcomed by the rest of the squad.

 

"Good morning sleepyheads", Eunbi greeted them. "I knocked on the door many times but none of you replied. "Must have had a very good sleep then", Hyewon said while winking. When Yuri asked Eunbi earlier where Yena and Chaewon are, Eunbi told the girls what she saw and said she decided to let them be.

"Yaah Hyewon what does that wink suppose to mean?", Yena asked in a teasing, angry voice.

 

The girls settled for breakfast. After that everyone changed into their swimming suits and met at the pool. The girls enjoyed it so much. They played games like octopus and pool volleyball. They even played a game to see who held the breath longest underwater and Yena became the MVP. Everyone forgot everything else. They were all in the moment. A feeling they didn't experience for a very long time. After spending like three hours at the pool, everyone is very exhausted now. The girls returned to their room and cleaned themselves.

 

They had a mouth watering lunch which all of them thoroughly enjoyed. For dessert everyone had ice cream. Except for Chaewon who settled for mint choco , everyone ate chocolate ice cream and.

 

Yena who saw this said," Why don't you just go and have some toothpaste instead". Yena felt the wrath of Chaewon's eyes even though they were on opposite sides of the table. After sometime Chaewon directed a spoon of mint choco at Yena. "Unnie try a bit", Chaewon said with her deer eyes. Yena couldn't say no because of the way the younger one asked. She tasted one spoon and almost felt like she was eating toothpaste but kept that to herself.

 

Younger one was happy to see that face of the elder even though her precious choco mint was attacked with the elder’s comments. After their mouth watering lunch, the squad decided to chill. All went outside for a walk. The front yard and back yard was huge. There was even a small stream by the side. Yena and Yujin tried to climb a tree, which they succeeded. Eventually Chaewon also joined them. The scenery was so beautiful. They didn't forget to take pictures too. Hyewon was the squad's official photographer. It's like she has a hidden power. Every picture she took was so beautiful and immaculate.

 

Yujin noticed that there was a shooting range. The girls got excited and ran to the shooting range. Yujin succeeded instantly. Chaewon's competitive self got the best of her and once she saw Yujin succeed, she did her best and eventually succeeded. After a few tries everyone managed to hit the target. The sun slowly started to set down. They returned to the room and got ready for the barbecue night. Yena got her guitar and Yujin got hers too. Eunbi and Hyewon took care of the barbecue. While they get done with preparing, the rest prepared the table and set for the night .

 

Later everyone sat in their comfortable positions to begin the fun. Chaewon sat next to Yena. Hyewon and Eunbi sat next to each other. Yujin and Yuri sat across Chaewon and Yena. They all made a small circle from the way they sat. The girls slowly started to sing. First Yujin and Chaewon sang across the universe by Baek Yerin while Yena was strumming her guitar. Everyone listened to their voices attentively. They felt comfort and sadness. It's like the duo sang to their souls. Eunbi recorded them performing. After it was done everyone complimented how their voices complement each other. Then Yuri sang a song she wrote called someday. Everyone was literally in tears when she was done. Hyewon recorded and uploaded it to Instagram tagging Yuri.

 

After that everyone sang songs randomly and even danced. When Eunbi and Yena took the spotlight,everyone was in awe. Chaewon took her phone and recorded them. But after a while even without her knowledge, the camera has only captured Yena. When Eunbi saw it said in a fake crying tone, "Chaewon-ah I am sad. I know Yena is your favourite person but to cut me off like this". Chaewon was baffled. She doesn't know how to reply . Eunbi noticed and confirmed the younger one that it was just a joke. After enjoying it a little bit more , the girls decided to call it a day. Everyone had dinner and went to sleep because they will leave early in the morning the next day.

 

Everyone was satisfied with the vacation. They had a good time with each other. Got to know each other well too. And specially our protagonists got closer than ever. Did pull random pranks on others. Yena felt like she found her other half. Chaewon also felt the same. But none of them became vocal about it. None of them wondered if this was more than a friendship ever. They just found solace and comfort with each other. But to the contrary, the rest of the squad began to wonder how close the two are. For now they decided to keep it to themselves, until Yena and Chaewon figure it out by themselves.

 

That night Chaewon went to Yena's bed even before Yena invited her. Later that night , Yena turned to Chaewon's direction and put her arm around the younger one's waist. Both slept soundly and woke up to Eunbi knocking. When Yena saw Chaewon as the first thing early in the morning, was very pleased to see Chaewon’s face as the first thing in the morning.

 

Girls packed and got themselves settled in the van and returned home safely.

 

 


 

 

It was one of the regular Saturdays where the squad met up at the IZ cafe.Since the second semester started all have been busy. The workload has increased. Exams, projects and most importantly the school festival. Every Year school’s second and third years take part in the school festival. Since it’s the most popular and extravagant event of the year, the girls get prepared since the semester before. Music department and Dance department get involved with the festival more than other departments because of the final show on the final day of the festival.

 

“What’s your department planning to do this semester?”,Eunbi directed her question towards the younger ones. “My professor has seen that video of me and Yujin singing when you uploaded it unnie,so she asked if we can do a duet”, Chaewon replied.

 

“Well Yuri also got invited to sing someday”, Yujin added after Chaewon.

“Wow that’s great”, it was Hyewon. “They don’t usually allow second years to do solos or duets”,Hyewon continued.

“This year they are planning to do a collaboration stage with music and dance departments. A senior said it will be the highlight this year”, Eunbi said.

“Oh my god,that’s going to be great”, Yena and Chaewon replied together while scratching their face simultaneously.

The rest of the squad who noticed this laughed. Yena and Chaewon looked at each other as if questioning among themselves what they did so funny.

“It seems they don’t know”,Yuri commented.

“We don’t know what”, Chaewon asked.

“Well you have this scratching habit.Yena used to have it but it seems like Chaewon has also got it now”, Eunbi explained.

 

“Just how much time are you two spending together? ”, Hyewon just asked to emphasize that the duo spend a lot of time together. In free time you can always find the duo together. Even other students knew how close they were. Their favourite spot was the rooftop. Whenever they are at the rooftop , Yena always lies down with her head on Chaewon’s lap. They also talk a lot about different things.

 

One day Chaewon asked while playing with Yena’s forehead,”Unnie if you get to erase something in this world, what will it be?”.Yena thought for a while and said,”sadness”.

Chaewon was impressed by that answer.

“Why?”.

“Then people will stop suffering. All will be good”. Yena explained. ”What about you chaewonie?”

“Hmm….for me greediness”,Chaewon said, “I feel like that’s why many are suffering. People are way too greedy ‘, Chaewon answered. Yena didn’t question more. She understood what the younger one was implying.


 

While continuing their own work,Eunbi said,”Why don’t Yena join Chaewon and Yujin’s duet stage then. I think you all will be able to come with something really good and cool.”

 

Everyone stopped their work and looked at Eunbi, as if they didn't believe her. “No I'm serious”, Eunbi replied to the confused looking faces.

 

After processing Eunbi’s suggestion,“I will talk to professor Minju and see unnie”, Chaewon said. After that the squad splitted.When Yena noticed that Chaewon was not returning home with Eunbi,

“Where are you going Chaewonie?”, Yena asked.

“To see the prof”, Chaewon replied.

”I will join you too then. I need to get some materials too”.

Chaewon said,“Ok” and both went to the bus stop.In fact it has become a routine for Yena to tag along with Chaewon whenever Chaewon and Eunbi were not leaving together.

 

On the way Yena shared stories about how her and her brother used to prank their parents.

After sometime,”Since when did you start to dance unnie?”, Chaewon asked.

 

“As long as I can remember'',Yena said. “Me and my brother both used to dance from a young age. He even took part in idol training. But he stopped after some time.”Yena continued. It made sense because the ’Choi siblings’ as dubbed by the squad, has many viral dance tiktoks.

“Why?”, Chaewon questioned.

Then the next second Chaewon again said,”Sorry it’s not my place to ask”.

“It’s totally okay. You are Chaewon”, Yena said, indicating that Chaewon can ask anything from her. Chaewon smiled at the remark.

 

“Well it took a long time and he lost his passion with time.”

“I see”, Chaewon said.

 

“What about you?How long have you been singing?”, the elder asked.

“Just like you unnie. As long as I can remember”, Chaewon replied. “But I never thought, I will major in it , but here we are”. Chaewon said with a chuckle.

 

“It really suits you well. Your voice can move people’s hearts”,Yena said. Chaewon didn’t know how to respond to the sudden compliment. Instead of acknowledging the compliment, Chaewon said,”I can say the same for unnie too”

 

“About my voice?”, Yena asked while winking. She knew that younger one was talking about her dancing.“No, unnie about your dancing”, while hitting Yena’s shoulder. “Ok..ok stop hitting. I get what you mean”, Yena said while defending her from Chaewon’s attacks.

“Unnie’s facial expressions are on point”, hearing it from Chaewon made Yena a lot more happy. “Like a pro”, Chaewon continued. Yena wanted to change the topic because she knew she would burst with more compliments and luckily she saw a cute dog.

“Chaewon look”, Yena said while pointing at the dog.“It’s so cute. It reminds me of you”, Yena said.

“Yaah unnie”.

“But it’s true”, Yena said in a cute and baby voice.

“Unnie please”. The duo bickered more for a while and arrived at their destination.

 

Chaewon went to meet the professor and Yena went to get her materials.

“Chaewon what brings you here today”?, professor Minju asked.

 

“Eunbi unnie said that the music and dance department are planning to do a collaboration stage this time”, Chaewon continued,”so she suggested that the duet stage professor suggested it could be done with the dance department's collaboration stage”.

“That’s actually a really good idea. Let me discuss with Chaeyeon and let you know. Will most probably drop mail. Check it.”, MInju said.

“Thank You”, Chaewon said and waited for Yena in front of the dance department.

“What did she say?”, Yena asked once she returned.

“She said she will talk with your professor Chaeyeon and let me know”

 

They both reached home safely after.


 

Chaewon could have easily dropped a mail to her professor and get through with her message. But today maybe she wanted to spend more time with Yena knowing the older will tag along so she decided to ask the professor in person.

 

Yena also didn’t only go to get her materials. It was not urgent. Maybe she also wanted to spend more time with Chaewon .

 

 


 

 

“So what do you three plan to do now?”’Eunbi asked from the collaborating trio aka Yena, Chaewon and Yujin. Chaewon got the confirmation mail that night itself from the professor. Since then the collaborating trio has been trying to come up with a good performance idea.

 

“Well we thought of letting Chaewon and Yujin sing while I dance,” Yena said.

“Well wasn’t it the plan always?”,Eunbi questioned. Yena’s answer indeed suggested that the trio haven’t got any plans yet.

 

“We have a bunch of songs actually”, Chaewon said. “Some by Soyou and Junggigo, Some by BOL4 and some more songs by artists like 15&”, Yujin shared the songs and artists they were considering.

“So you are considering duets?”,Hyewon asked and Yena said,”Yes”.“Ok then. We will also tell if we come across a song”,Eunbi said. “Okay Eunbi”, Yena said.

 

After that the squad parted ways. The collaborating trio decided to go to the university’s practice room.

 

They three cracked jokes and were being loud on their way. Seniors and Juniors both greeted the three on the way. The squad was popular in the university. Yena and Eunbi have always been popular as dance aces. Hyewon was the Goddess of the Engineering department. Ever since the performance by Yujin, Yuri and Chaewon in the first semester ,they also got popular.

 

They finally reached the practice room. To make it more lively,Yena started to play songs in the background. After sometime the trio started to dance along. Yena noticed how great dancers Yujin and Chaewon are.They danced to songs like BTS’s dope, Wanna one energetic and some more songs.

 

When they finally decided to rest,they all sat down comfortably. As per habit Yena naturally kept her head on Chaewon’s lap and lied down.

 

“You two dance well”, Yena said.

“We do?”,Yujin asked.

“Yeah, pretty good actually”,Yena said while looking at the duo.

“How about you two also dance with me?”, Yena added.

“We can?We are from the music department”, Chaewon reasoned.

“Well nobody said you all can’t dance and nobody said I can’t sing either”, Yena replied.

“Are you serious?”, Yujin asked.

“I am very serious”. Yena’s tone second her statement.

“I need to think”, Yujin said. Chaewon said,”same here”, after Yujin talked.

“Sure take your time but please think soon too”, Yena said with a cute and pleading voice.

“Guess I will have to pray everyday for you all to accept my offer from now onwards”,Yena said.

 

“So what now?”, Yujin asked.

“Let’s go home now, things depend on your answer”, Yena said.

 

“Guys let’s have some fun because we have more time”, Yena said while winking after coming out of the university. They all decided to hit the arcade.

 

They had so much fun while playing the games. They played shooting games, dart games, basketball, even xbox games. Furthermore they played with the dance game and claw machines. Yena also shared with the younger ones that she has one in her room.

 

Younger ones' reaction suggested that they didn’t believe. “It’s real ,okay”, Yena whined. Yena’s cuteness got the best of it and the younger ones said they believe her because Yena was way too cute.

 

While having fun they forgot the time and it was already 6p.m. Once they came out of the arcade, Yujin received a text. After checking it, Yujin said,”Unnie, my mom is close by and she said she will pick me up”.

 

“Okay they , I will drop Chaewon”. Yena said looking at Yujin.

“No, it’s okay unnie. I can go”, Chaewon said.

“I will drop you”, Yena said in a stern voice. This protective nature of Yena made Chaewon blushed. But no one noticed because it was dark.

Chaewon agreed reluctantly. She didn’t feel good about Yena having to travel in the opposite direction just to drop her.

“Bye Yujin-ah. See you tomorrow”, then Chaewon and Yena bid goodbye and left for the bus stand.

 

“Thank you for today unnie”, Chaewon said while on the bus. “It’s been a while since I had this much fun”, Chaewon continued.”School and everything is becoming overwhelmed but I got my much needed rest”. Yena liked it when Chaewon said her thoughts loudly with the elder. These kind of moments she feels good about herself too. The thought that there was someone to trust her with their innermost thoughts made her happy. And the fact that it's Chaewon made Yena even more happier.

 

“I am glad”, Yena said. At that moment,both interlocked their eyes. But none of them wanted to look away. Recently the duo had many occasions where they experienced these kinds of situations. But no one became vocal about it. But deep down they knew something was happening between them.

Yena’s phone buzzed and Yena had to look away. Yena and Chaewon secretly thank God for it .

It was Eunbi.

 

E : Are you still with Chaewon?

Y : Yes. Wassup?

E : Her parents are worried. She is not answering her phone.

 

“Chaewonie where is your phone?’, Yena asked.

”In the bag, battery dead unnie”

Y: Her phone is dead. Don’t worry. We are close by. I am dropping her off.

 

Yena stopped texting and looked at Chaewon.

“It was Eunbi. Your parents are worried and have called her”, Yena said.

 

They arrived at their destination.

“Unnie, it’s so late. I am so sorry”, Chaewon said.

“No worries. I am glad you are safe and oppa said he will pick me up from the bus stand”,Yena said. Chaewon blushed when Yena said how Yena was glad that she was safe. These kinds of comments from Yena have started to make Chaewon feel something in her heart.”Your oppa will be here then”, Chawon said while lost in her own thoughts.

 

They both arrived at Chaewon’s gate.

“Bye, good night unnie. Please go home safely”, Chaewon said looking at the elder. Chaewon didn’t want to go inside. Yena didn’t want to go home either. Suddenly Chaewon and Yena felt shy. Recently these situations were getting even more intense day by day.

 

“Take care Chaewon”, Yena said finally. Chaewon turned towards her gate. When she was about to go inside, she felt Yena’s right hand holding her right hand, while directing the dog plushie Yena won at the arcade earlier. Yena suddenly felt the urge to give it to the younger one.

 

Chaewon looked at Yena with a questioning look.

“I don’t know. It looks like you. So keep it”.

“So I look like every dog you see?”, Chaewon whined .

“No only the cute ones''. Chaewon blushed at the older's comment.

“So I am cute?”, Chaewon questioned.

“Maybe...”, Yena said.


 

“If it looks like me , keep it with you and look at it when you miss me”.Chaewon didn’t know from where she got the courage to say that. “I am sorry”, Chaewon said next second.

“Why?”, Yena questioned.

“No it’s just….”, Chaewon stuttered.

“You keep this. I have enough pictures of you to look at when I miss you”, Yena said shyly. After Chaewon’s comment Yena also felt bold.

Chaewon was happy to know that Yena also misses her like she does.

 

“Thank you unnie”, Chaewon took the dog plushie shyly.

After that Chaewon rushed inside without saying anything. Yena was about to go home but she felt some hugged her from the back. She was about to attack her hugger but she felt that she knew this smell. It was Chaewon’s smell. Baby powder smell.Her favorite smell in the world. Her heart started to beat fast and she stood still. After her hug, Chaewon rushed inside.

 

Chaewon blamed herself for doing it. She didn’t know what got into her. Even before she could think, all she knew was that her body was running towards Yena's to hug Yena. Yena’s heart didn’t return to its normal rate for a while. Same for Chaewon too.

 

But they didn’t know Eunbi saw all these from the other side of the road. ”It’s time they finally realized” , Eunbi thought to herself.

 

“Were you here all this time?”, Yena asked when she finally saw Eunbi.

“No”, Eunbi lied.

“We went to the arcade and got late. Sorry unnie. I will be careful next time”, yena said.

“So there will be another time?”, Eunbi asked in a teasing manner. Before Yena could answer,”Her parents were worried. That’s why I came”.

“Go home safely”, Eunbi continued.

 

When Yena was about to sleep, her phone buzzed.

Chaewon sent a picture of the dog and herself thanking Yena. Chaewon wanted to text the elder but she didn’t know what to do. This has never been the issue for her. But after the hug she was confused because she didn’t know the elder’s reaction.

 

Y : Looks just like you even more

C : LOL...If you say so. Sleep well Unnie. Good night

Y: You too. Sleep tight and Good night. I miss you

 

Only after pressing the send button she realised what she did. She mentally slapped herself many times. The ticks turned blue suggesting that the younger one read it. Yena patiently waited for Chaewon’s reply.

 

C: I miss you too.

 

When Chaewon saw Yena's “I miss you”, she felt a rush of adrenaline that she has never experienced. She got even more confirmed that she likes Yena more than a friend.

That night Eunbi received a message from Yena and Chaewon both.

 

C: Unnie I think I like someone

 

Eunbi just smiled and slept.

 

 


 


 

It didn't take much time for Chaewon and Yujin to say yes to Yena's suggestion. Meanwhile Yena also convinced her professors and the rest of the squad too.

 

Today the squad and the professors gathered at the practice room to see the skills of our two music majors .They played some kpop songs and the duo danced very precisely with very clean moves. Everyone was impressed. No one expected them to be that good. The professors also had this very satisfied look in their faces. Professors left after saying to come up with the performance and complimenting the duo.

 

"Actually I thought of something",Yena said.

"Wait before that, why don't Unnie also sing?" Chaewon questioned .

"Actually right now I can’t decide, so let's see it in the future ", Yena said and no one else commented on it.

 

"Let's first have us three doing a solo dance to a piece and then we come together and dance. This will happen for like 60 to 90 seconds. Then you two can sing while I dance. " Yena presented her idea.

Everyone applauded after she was done.

 

"So what's the song?",Hyewon asked.

"Actually I found this song. Wait let me play it. "

Yena took her phone and played it. Everyonewas so immersed and listened. The song was indeed so beautiful and the lyrics touched the heart.

 

The chorus came ,

 

I think I’m falling in love, I think I’m falling in love, I think I’m falling in love, Oh how did this happen?

 

And Yena secretly looked at Chaewon. But it was not only Yena who was looking at Chaewon but Chaewon was also looking at Yena. Unknown to them Hyewon and Yujin both saw it. Chaewon and Yena slowly looked away from each other blushing.

 

The song continued to play and after it ended, Chaewon commented,

"That's so beautiful, Unnie.". Everyone nodded in agreement.

"I didn't know you like these kinds of songs ." It was Hyewon.

The truth was Yena has been into these kinds of songs recently.

" What's the name?", Yuri asked.

"I think I'am falling in love by SHN", Yena responded.

 

Honestly everyone loved that song so much.

"Good choice", Eunbi commented.

"Yujin-ah, why no comment, you are going to sing this.", Yena said.

"Of Course I love it so much", Yujin replied with a huge smile.

"Okay then it's set. Are we hanging out tomorrow ?",Yena asked.

Yujin and Yuri said they won't be able to.

Other four decided to meet anyway.

 

Chaewon and Yena arrived early. After 10 minutes of their arrival, Eunbi messaged that she and Hyewon won't be able to come.

It was just Chaewon and Yena. Yena was secretly happy that she could have Chaewon to herself. After that night, they didn’t mention anything about it with each other. But they definitely have more intimate moments than before.

 

"That's a bummer.What are we gonna do now?", Chaewon asked in a sad tone. She didn't want to go home.

 

"You want to visit my place?",Yena asked after thinking for a while. Chaewon's eyes sparkled. Yena thought how beautiful Chaewon's eyes were.

"Yes Unnie", Chaewon said.

 

They reached Yena's house in an hour by bus . On the way Chaewon shared how she and her sister had a quarrel last night over the last spoon of mint choco. "So your sister also likes it?"

"No Unnie, she just wanted to annoy me".

"Nobody is perfect after all," Yena said in a teasing manner referring to Chaewon’s obsession with mint-choco.

"Yaah Unnie", Chaewon hit Yena's shoulder. “But yeah after eating it with you all this time, it’s not that bad”, Yena said while acting like she was severely hurt after Chaewon’s hit.

“You finally acknowledge it. I wish I recorded it”, Chaewon said

"Unnie stop joking," Chaewon said when Yena continued her acting. It made Chaewon.

"Unnie what's wrong?," Chaewon asked worriedly. Yena noticed how close Chaewon was to her and got flustered. Yena suddenly dropped her acting and said "I was just fooling around."

"You scared me there unnie"

 

"Unnie is sorry",Yena said and pouted. Chaeown couldn't resist the cuteness and said in a baby and teasing tone ,"Ohh unnie is sorry " and tickled the older . Yena started to shout ,pleading to stop. Chaewon suddenly realized that they were on the bus and stopped. Luckily there was only one more person. Chaewon also registered the fact that Yena was very ticklish .

 

When they reached Yena's home only Yena's mother was at home. Mama Choi warmly welcomed Chaewon. "So this is Chaewon? I have heard a lot about you ." She said.

" Hello aunty.....Thank you for having me here ", Chaewon bowed and said.

The two went to Yena's room after. It's just like Chaewon expected. Little bit messy but at the same time not. The room was painted with one wall in yellow color and other walls in white. Yena had her closet and the study table next to each other. At the corner of the room it was the claw machine Yena mentioned before and her gaming PC. Beside the bed , it was the projector and the guitar.

"Unnie play the guitar a bit please", Chaewon requested. Chaewon found that Yena was very attractive when she played the guitar. Yena hasn't touched the guitar for a while but she also wants to impress the younger. She took the guitar out and tried some cords. Chaewon started to video Yena. Yena didn't object.

"What do you want me to play?"

"Hmmm.....anything actually. Unnie knows perhaps love?". Yena proceeded to play without answering. Chaewon started to sing along with Yena. While singing both of them felt like they were singing to each other.

 

Is this love? And if you feel the same way, is this the beginning?

 

They kept singing looking at each other. They were in their own world.

 

Yena’s heart was beating so fast. She also noticed how the younger one was blushing. On the other hand, Chaewon was going through her own crisis. She was new to what she was feeling. But she also felt very happy.

 

I'm loving you (until then)

Like this (only you) already


 

They finished singing. They didn't stop looking at each other. Yena's mother knocked at the door that very moment and they had to stop. Chaewon stopped the recording. They went downstairs to eat after that. Yena's mother has literally prepared a feast. There was vietnamese roll, stir fried octopus and kimchi mainly.They kind of felt awkward but that only lasted a second. Yena cracked a few jokes and it's like what happened a few minutes ago didn't happen.

 

The two came up again and decided to watch ‘sweet home’. Both of them settled on Yena's bed with few snacks. They watched silently but when a monster appeared Yena would snuggle between chaewon and the pillow, it was fun and Chaewon enjoyed these moments with the elder. Chaewon realized Yena was a scaredy cat. That made her want to protect the elder.

 

While watching both fell asleep. Yena's mother knocked at the door as it's late and no answer came. She opened the door and saw the two were sleeping soundly. She didn't want to wake them up. It's like they are so comfortable and peaceful with each other. She softly called Yena. Yena woke up after a few callings and her mom left after.

 

Yena has had arm around Chaewon's waist and her leg around Chaewon's leg. Actually they were used to these a lot. Even though they are used to these, since she realized her feelings ,Yena felt nervous. Yena slowly removed her leg from Chaewon and woke Chaewon up.

 

"Chaewon-ah, wake up, it's getting late. "

Chaewon woke up and she felt she was in Yena's embrace. She didn't want to leave. She just wanted to stay. But she slowly got up and turned to Yena's side. Yena said "You need to go home", Yena said softly. " I don't want to, I want to stay like this" . Yena was taken back back. She didn't know how to respond.

 

Yena thought maybe the younger one was sleepy and tired . Chaewon was still sleepy but she also meant what she said. It's been while she had that good of sleep. Sleeping with Yena next to her made her feel happy and cozy. And she knew she could only experience this with Yena.

 

Chaewon woke up and left before it got too late.

She bid goodbye to Mrs. Choi and followed Yena to the gate.

 

"Call me when you go home ", Yena said to Chaewon while unlocking the gate. Chaewon nodded.

"Take care Unnie, now go inside." Even though the younger one said so, Yena didn't want to. She just wanted to spend as much as time she could with Chaewon. Yena was new to this feeling. She didn't know exactly what she was feeling even though she knew she likes the younger more than a friend.

 

Yena was not alone feeling this. Chaewon was feeling the same. She didn't want Yena to go. But since it's getting late, she couldn't help it. They said good night to each other after a while . Chaewon went to catch a bus and Yena went inside her house with a sad face.

 

Chaewon called Yena as soon she settled on her bed to sleep.

 

C : Unnie I got home and now I am about to sleep

Y: this early???

C : Yeah little bit tired today

Y : ohh....my mom seemed to like you a lot.She literally prepared a feast for you.

C: I am glad to know that

Y : Even ganjang likes you. You know what you two look alike

C: Unnie please

Y : I am serious

C: He is cute just like you said in your episode

 

Chaewon got a notification from Instagram. Yena posted the picture of Chaewon and Ganjang as a story and opened a poll. Yena was asking if Chaewon and Ganjang look alike .


 

C : Unnie your story

Y : let me prove my point

 

After that two started to talk about random stuff. After a while Chaewon didn’t hear any from the elder.

C : Unnie hello

No answer . She tried again and no answer. Chaewon realised that the older had fallen asleep. They spoke for two hours. Chaewon fell asleep as soon as she closed her eyes.

 

 


 

 

A new year started for the girls. Yena, Eunbi and Hyewon are in their final year while Chaewon, Yuri and Yujin started the second year. Everyone got busier with academics and with the festival. But they all made sure they met on Saturday and got their own time with each other. It has become everyone's favorite day and time. After a very stressful week, spending time with your favourite people is something everyone wishes for.

 

Since the day Chaewon visited Yena , it was like things changed but at the same time didn't. The time Yena and Chaewon spend together significantly increased. It's like they were only apart during their lectures . Everyone noticed how they were closer than before.

 

Yena knew she liked Chaewon. She also knew Chaewon likes her back. Especially when Yena almost kissed Chaewon when Chaewon visited her place after two weeks since Chaewon's first week at her place.

 

Yena noticed the close proximity of her and Chaewon when playing with Ganjang. Yena's heart started to beat fast. She was so close to Chaewon that she couldn't control herself. Chaewon noticed that the elder was looking at her lips, which made Chaewon get butterflies. Chaewon smiled at Yena ,as if it's a cue to Yena. Yena mouthed," Are you sure?". Chaewon nodded innocently.

 

Yena put her arms on Chaewon's shoulders and slowly turned the younger to her direction. She wanted to do everything right with Chaewon. Yena closed her eyes and Chaeown did too. Chaewon waited for the elder’s lips to collide with hers. But it never happened. Chaewon finally opened her eyes and she saw that the elder's eyes were filled with tears.

 

"Unnie why?", Chaewon asked worriedly.

"I don't know? Chaewonie ,I don't know",Yena said while sobbing. Chaewon has never seen the elder in this much of a vulnerable state. Chaewon slowly went towards Yena and hugged her. Even though she felt a little bit disappointed about the kiss that could have happened, her heart worried for the elder more. Yena didn't know what to say. She felt so embarrassed about her. She didn't want to appear weak in front of the younger. But she felt overwhelmed.

 

She has gone on a few dates only with guys but all of them ended with only one date . She has never been in a relationship before. She never wanted one either.

 

This was the first time for Yena. She never knew she like girls too until Chaewon. Ever since she started to experience the butterflies when she was with Chaewon, she felt scared at first. But Yena never showed any indifference to the younger one or the other girls. Yena thought she fooled everyone but she failed to fool one person. Her brother. Sungmin approached Yena one day.

 

"Hey little ducky", Sungmin said cheerfully. Yena knew what was coming. "Yes oppa", Yena said in a questioning tone. Sungmin understood the tension with Yena. He made Yena sit beside him slowly. With that one action, Yena broke. She started to cry while holding her brother tightly. Sungmin waited for Yena to calm down. Seeing this side of Yena broke Sungmin's heart too. He patted her sister and waited. She knew she could trust Sungmin . But she couldn't speak her thoughts out loud . She didn't know where to start.

 

"You like Chaewon right?," Sungmin said after a while. It took Yena by surprise. She knew Sungmin knew about her well. "How do you know?'",Yena asked between her crying. "Anyone who has seen you two together knows it.", Sungmin said while implying the way Yena looked at Chaewon.

"It's that obvious?" , Yena asked. Sungmin nodded.


 

"You know you have me right? Chaewon likes you back too right? So what's the issue? What's that big deal about it? Just know I am here" ,Sungmin said like a river which was flowing vigorously .

"If you are worried about mom and dad, don't be. Trust me on this .They are fine as long as you are happy.", Sungmin continued as if he read Yena's mind.

"But oppa p -"

"No but oppas. You never cared about what others thought and told about you. Hold your head up and do what you want. Your family is what matters to you", Sunmin said, cutting off Yena in the middle. Yena felt relieved.

 

But her eyes were still engulfed with sadness and confusion. Sungmin who noticed this asked Yena,

"Does this harm you?"

"No oppa"

"Does this harm people around you? No, I am not asking about their approval. Does this harm them in any way?"

"I don't think so oppa"

"Then finally, does this affect the environment?"

"Not at all"

"See then no issue. I am pretty sure mom and dad knows too. Like I said before, anyone who has seen the way your eyes look at Chaewon knows it." Yena hugged her brother tightly. She knows words are not enough to thank Sungmin. Since that day, Yena was able to accept everything slowly ,at her own pace.


 

Chaewon was also experiencing this for the first time. She knew she likes girls for a long time. But she never liked someone this much or loved. Chaewon's family knows and fully supports her. Her cousin Winter had two mothers. So for Chaewon it was a normal situation. She didn't even think about that as something different like others. She never understood other's when Winter got asked questions about having two mothers. She always wondered why she was never asked why she has a mother and father instead of two mothers. Chaewon never had to worry about what others think . Even though she seemed timid and shy, she was strong. She knew how to dodge the unwanted.

 

One day Eunbi said to Yena,

"So...."

"What do you mean so?", Yena asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You know what I mean. Stop avoiding this anymore. Every Time I am about to ask this ,you avoid it", Eunbi said with a hint of anger. Yena looked down. She didn't know how to talk about it.

"When do you plan to ask her?",Eunbi asked.

"Why so soon?"

"What do you mean soon? It's almost a year. Don't mess with her heart Yena. You know how much I care for Chaewon right? I won't let her get hurt", Eunbi said in a very calm tone but also threatening.

"She is waiting for you", Eunbi said and left.

 

Yena stayed there for a while and made up her time. Chaewon also made up her mind when she saw the older sitting on the bench.

 

 


 

 

After preparing for months the d-day finally arrived for the festival. Everyone was excited. They all worked so hard and now they wanted to end everything smoothly and well.

 

After a long day filled with various events, students gathered for the final and signature event of the festival, which was the concert. Eunbi did the opening act with other dance majors. Everyone was left in awe like always. When Yena and Eunbi took the stage, the cheers became louder.

 

In the backstage, Yuri was getting nervous for her solo stage. It was her first time in front of this large crowd. It has also always been her dream to perform in front of a large crowd. It was finally coming true. Hyewon took Yuri's hand and caressed Yuri's hand to calm her down. When she was about to go on stage, Hyewon tightly held Yuri as if to assure her.

 

Yuri's performance blew everyone's mind. Her voice made everyone fall in love with her. When she ended her performance the audience was cheering her loudly. Once she left the stage, everyone congratulated her. Finally she came to her squad and they did a group hug.

 

Eunbi, Hyewon and Yuri went to the audience. Next stage was the collaboration stage between dance and music majors. Yena noticed the nervous faces of the younger ones. She hugged both of them tightly. Yujin and Chaewon both felt relieved and calmed down a little. The announcer called their names. Yena and Chaewon looked at each other and smiled before they took the stage.

 

Once Yujin took the stage, instructions by Demi Lovato and Jax Jones started playing . Yujin's solo dance impressed everyone. No one expected such clean moves from a music major. Then Chaewon appeared in the spotlight. Her clean ,knife like moves mesmerized the audience. Finally Yena took the spotlight . As always the crowd cheered and showed their enthusiasm for Yena. After the solo parts, they came together and danced together. The crowd stood up while shouting.They were that impressed. This went on for like a minute. Then the stage went dark. When the lights were again, Yujin was seated in front of the piano, Chaewon who was next to Yujin was holding the guitar. Both started to sing .While they were singing, Yena matched her steps to the beat.


 

I think I’m falling in love, I think I’m falling in love, I think I’m falling in love, Oh how did this happen?

 

Chaewon's eyes were fixed at Yena while singing. Her feelings all started to flow out like a river while singing. Chaewon and Yujin both got loud cheers. When the song's end came closer,the spotlight was on Yujin. After a while when they showed the stage, Chaewon was next to Yena. While Yujin played the piano Chaewon and Yena took the stage. They were singing and dancing while Yujin played the piano.


 

It don’t make sense and I don’t wonder anymore

 

Chaewon looked into Yena's eyes directly. Even though they were singing in front of a large crowd, they felt like it's only them there. The words they sing felt like a confession. Yena felt very ecstatic. It's like she wanted to call the younger her as soon as possible.

 

(I think I’m falling in love, I think I’m falling in love)

I think I’m falling in love

Oh how did this happen?

 

They both gracefully ended the performance gracefully. The three of them left the stage after bowing in the middle of the loud cheering. Yena didn't let go of Chaewon's hand. She held it like the most precious thing in the world. All three of them were welcomed with congratulations by everyone who met them. Eunbi, Hyewon and Yuri went backstage and waited for them to come to the waiting room.

 

The truth was everyone was unsure how the response would be for the collaboration stage. It was something that has never been done before. Music majors dancing and dance majors singing. But it became the most talked stage of the festival. Yujin and Chaewon were praised for their dancing . Everyone said Yena proved she really was the ace and face of the dance department.

 

The show ended around 1 a.m. . As per tradition, they went to the after party next. The girls enjoyed as much as they could. Except for Chaewon and Yena everyone got wasted. They both had their own secret plan. After eating and drinking,no one was in a state to leave by themselves. But Yena and Chaewon were in their own world. Once they got the other four to Yena's car, Yena said, "I want to show you something, let's go" , Yena said to Chaewon.

"It's 4 a.m. unnie"

"It's even more perfect then"

 

While others were sleeping in the back , they hit the road. Yena slowly pulled the roof down. It was cold but they felt like they were flying and finally free. Yena stopped the car and put a blanket over the sleeping girls because it was cold. Then they started to drive again. This time Chaewon took the wheel. They didn't talk. Just played music and drove. Sun light slowly started to show it's way on Earth. Yena finally asked Chaewon to stop the car near a cliff. They both got down the car. Others were sleeping soundly still.

 

Yena took Chaewon’s hand and went near the cliff. Yena checked her phone to see how many minutes left for the sunrise. Only five mins more according to google. After talking for a while, Yena closed Chaewon's eyes from behind.

 

"Unnie why?"

"Just a minute " Chaewon didn't object.

"Okay now Chaewonie open your eyes"

 

Chaewon opened her eyes and she couldn't believe what she was witnessing. The sunrise. She was awestruck. Chaewon in her life never witnessed the sunrise like this before. It gave her a feeling of new hope and happiness. The air felt different. Yena was happy to see Chaewon was enjoying it.

Yena hugged Chaewon from the back after a while. Yena's sudden action took Chaewon by surprise. But she definitely loved it. Seeing the sun rise with the love of her life. She felt everything was perfect.

 

"Chaewonie" , Yena said while hugging Chaewon.

 

"I am sorry for taking this long. I know I messed up that day. But you understood me and gave me space. You consoled me when it should be me. I have never met someone like you. Someone I felt like I can be this transparent and vulnerable. Someone who I can share my crazy ideas without judging me and most importantly someone doing them with me no matter how crazy it is. A partner in crime. Thank you for waiting for me", Yena slowly released Chaewon from her hug and turned to her side.

 

She saw how Chaewon's eyes were filled with tears. She slowly wiped Chaewon's tears from her hand and looked directly at Chaewon.

 

Yena after taking time asked the magic phrase, "Will you please let me be your girlfriend?".

 

Chaewon has rehearsed this moment thousands of times. She rehearsed her own confession and her saying yes ,both just in case. But none of them helped Chaewon at that moment. She hugged Yena tightly as she can while crying even more loudly now. After crying for a while, Chaewon whispered "yes" to Yena’s ears. Yena felt like the whole world was on her palm. Chaewon broke their hug. Chaewon asked "Can I?" , while looking at Yena's lips. Yens nodded her head.

 

Chaewon slowly crashed her lips on the elder's lips. Yena's lips were soft. She kept slowly exploring every corner of Yena's lips. Yena started to kiss back. They felt like they could be like this forever. It was like their mouth finally found their missing piece. They couldn't get enough of each other. Both only stopped when they felt out of breath.

 

Chaewon looked at Yena's eyes and said, "I love you". Yena couldn't believe her ears.Yena’s eyes sparkled.

"I love you too", Yena said with a huge smile and kissed the younger. Chaewon reciprocated the kiss.

After that they turned backwards to the sun and took a picture. Yena just wanted a picture to remember the moment.

 

After enjoying the scenery some more they came back to the car .”I was actually planning to confess to you tomorrow Unnie”, Chaewon said while holding Yena’s hand. Yena mouthed a “ohh” and both laughed. Other four were still sleeping when they returned. They got in the car and drove back home.

Thank you so much for reading. Sorry for my grammar mistakes. English is not my first language. Special shout out to the gc and catto for helping me. and Mugs too for helping me to proof read. I would love to know you thoughts .