One

What are we gonna do?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon wasn’t sure when it started, all she knows is that it happened and now she’s stuck here in this situation. Well it wasn’t really much of a situation, up until Momo pointed out the obvious and Jihyo confirmed it. It didn’t help her further when even Mina and Sana didn’t take a second to vouch the reality of things.
 

And what was that reality you ask? Well Im “Gorgeous” Nayeon fell in love with her so called Best Friend. 
 

She calls it “so called” because according to Mina and Jihyo, they seem to either only bicker or throw insults at each other whenever they are together.
 

“You know you look like a creep right now?” Nayeon turned her gaze to the short haired woman beside her, “Let me be Mo, besides don’t you want to know how Dahyun is?” Momo only scoffed at her, but the red tint on her cheeks gave away her true emotions. 
 

“You told me we were going to try out that new shaburi place...””And we are-“”But we’ve been tailing those two for an hour now. I didn’t eat lunch with Sana because you said we were going to eat as soon as we got here.” Momo huffed and stomped her feet a bit. She was starting to get annoyed as an automatic response to her hunger. Nayeon sighs and takes one last glance taller girl and turns to look at Momo, “Okay okay let’s go I’m getting hungry too”
 

The two left their spot and proceeded to walk in the direction of the restaurant. On their way, they spotted Jihyo walking hand in hand with a blonde girl who looked like a hamster. Nayeon wanted to call the younger, but when she saw her companion give Jihyo a kiss on the cheek, she decided she won’t be the one to ruin a very obvious date.
 

“Why can’t we all be that lucky?” She hears Momo mutter beside her, but the woman just shrugs her shoulder when Nayeon faces her. “Let’s just go, I feel like you’ll render the place out of stock if we stayed out any longer...”
 

With one last look at where she saw Jihyo and the girl, Nayeon couldn’t help but silently agree with what Momo said.
 

‘ Why can’t we all just be that happy? ’
 

🐰—————————🐶
 

As soon as the two girls were settled in their own booth, both attended to their own bearings until half way through their meals, Momo decided to be her curious self for the day. 
 

“Say, I got a question...” Nayeon only spares a glance at her as a sign that she’s listening, but proceeds to continue eating.
 

Now in all the years Nayeon has known Momo, the girl has never really been good with timing her words. Well there were good times, but most of the time her thoughts just slipped out so casually that people would either turn to the black haired girl in surprise or they’d choke on whatever it is they were consuming.
 

In Nayeon’s case it was the latter, “How did you end up loving Jeong?” Momo handed the poor girl the tissue dispenser but her gaze never left Nayeon. Meanwhile the older girl was looking everywhere but the person sitting in front of her.
 

“Love? I don’t love Jeongyeon” Nayeon said as soon as she collected herself, although hearing the words coming out of made her internally scowl at herself at how stupid she sounds. ‘ Oh screw me, I deserve to have a little dignity to myself ’ But who was she kidding, the only person who bought what she said was herself since Momo was looking at her like she was an idiot.
 

“I like Jeongyeon, okay?” Nayeon almost spats out, and judging by Momo’s body language, Nayeon could swear the Japanese girl was fighting to roll her eyes at her. “Well sorry your highness, let me rephrase that, how did you end up liking Jeongyeon”
 

Momo plays along with her lie and Nayeon processes the question in her head. It didn’t take long to think of an answer, considering Mina asked her the same question last week albeit in a more fitting setting and with no food being stuffed in Nayeon’s mouth.
 

“To be honest I don’t know...” she starts, “What do you mean you don’t know?””Well you know how me and Jeong are, we bicker and fight a lot. She gets on my nerves and vice versa. We’re like water and fire. When I first met her, she really turned my tables around... and I mean that literally!”
 

Momo chuckles at the memory of Nayeon and Jeongyeon’s first encounter. She remembers it well since she was the one sitting behind Nayeon in class. It was the first time the Ace student was challenged in a way that she couldn’t prepare for.
 

“Somehow, in some weird way, my perspective of her started to change. Although she annoys me, I miss it when she doesn’t do it. I miss it when she doesn’t take care of me even though all she does is scold me. I never expected to end up having my heart beat so fast around her that it makes me question if she can hear it.
 

“And it’s not like I never tried to shake the feeling off. Like rationalizing it in my head thinking that maybe I just like her because she’s constantly around me. But these past few months we’ve all been so swamped with work and we just stopped talking in general. But despite all of it, I can’t shake her out of my head. It’s like what you guys told me, all I ever say is either about her or myself. Even when she stopped being around me, it’s just her I keep thinking about like she’s... she’s...”
 

“A whole other universe?” Momo added.
 

“Exactly” Nayeon nods at the statement and continues eating, letting the information simmer in Momo’s head, “Do you plan on telling her?””You think I’m nuts?” As quickly as Momo’s question left her lips, Nayeon’s response was just as quick.
 

“Why not?” Nayeon looked at Momo as if she was toying with Nayeon, but the Japanese girl only raised an eyebrow at her and continued eating. Silence consumed their table for a few minutes before Nayeon broke it again.
 

“I don’t know how? And it’s kind of embarrassing to begin with. All we did was bicker and insult each other and get on each other’s nerves. Then all of a sudden we just stopped talking, and then I would just tell her that I like her? Isn’t that weird?” 
 

“And staring at her every time you have a chance isn’t?” Momo deadpanned. “You guys said it was sweet!””Yeah for the first three times! After that even Mina said you were starting to look like a creep. Heck, Mina scored Chaeyoung faster than any of us did... and that’s Mina!” Momo exclaimed.
 

“Yeah that really was a surprise, wasn’t it?” Momo nods her head in agreement, “I mean Chaeyoung doesn’t even work for us. Everybody was surprised... i wish she could ask Chaeyoung to hook me up with Dahyun though...” Momo murmured the last part to herself.
 

“What’d you say?””Nothing... look at least you got a better chance. She works in the same office as us, all you need to do is approach her and ask her for a lunch out.” Momo explains.
 

“You say that like it’s as easy as cooking ramyun” Nayeon rolls her eyes, “Well if you were Sana or Yongsun unnie then it’d be a different case” Momo reasons.
 

“I’ll think about it okay?””Sure, think about it now and then later when she’s dating someone else maybe you’d want to get a drink and nurse yourself for being so picky and nitty gritty” Momo continues to shoot down her statements that Nayeon decides to stay quiet and finish her meal. 
 

“Finish eating, we still need to go to Jen’s house for Mina’s proposal plan””I still can’t believe she’s getting married soon... and I’m here still single” Momo grumbled, “Well maybe if you focused less on your food and made an effort to ask a pale girl’s number, maybe then you wouldn’t be single” Nayeon smirked but it soon turned to a scowl at Momo’s comeback.
 

“At least I don’t lie to my friends in saying I don’t love a certain someone but proceed to stalk said someone like a creep”
 

🐰———————🐶
 

Nayeon was sitting on one of Jennie’s couches (yes couches, their team leader was that rich) with one arm resting on top of the couch while her other hand was nursing a glass of wine.
 

There was a light buzz and chatter within the room as the girls in it exchanged different stories, thoughts, and opinions to one another. At some point she didn’t notice that Hyejin sat beside her and only fully got her attention when said woman tapped her knee.
 

“You look like you’re deep in your thoughts, want to share?” If Nayeon wasn’t familiar with Hyejin's slow and husky tone, she’d assume the woman was drunk given that they’ve been drinking since 4 in the afternoon and that was 4 hours ago.
 

“There is something on my mind unnie, but I don’t know how to phrase it” It was true, she wasn’t lying. It was quite easy to tell people her own personal dilemma if she could actually put it to words. 
 

But the only words consistently running in her mind whenever she thinks of her feelings for Jeongyeon are “What am I gonna do?”
 

“Well what do you want to do?””Huh??” Nayeon’s eyes widened when she processed that she had been speaking her thoughts out loud, thus letting Hyejin hear everything. But it was a first for her to be asked that directly, what else could she expect from her Hyejin-unnie though.
 

“I asked you a question Yeonie””I know unnie, honestly I don’t know.” Nayeon paused, “I’ve never been in this situation before. It was always them interested in me, and not the other way around”
 

Hyejin took the bottle from the table and refilled their glasses before turning to face Nayeon again, “Well if you want, we can dissect it... for starters, can you tell when it started?” Hyejin took a sip from her glass and watched as Nayeon’s expression turned into that of a far away look.
 

“Well I can’t say exactly when, but I remember when I acknowledged it to myself fully” Hyejin hummed, “We can start with that, how did it feel and what happened for you to be able to acknowledge it”
 

*______________*
 

“Will you just stop?!”
 

“Oh come on! You said you wouldn’t mind posing for a few shots”
 

“When you said few I thought you meant just a handful, we’ve taken photos at almost every spot in this park Jeong and I’m hungry!”
 

“I promise I’ll treat you some barbecue once we’re done”
 

“I don’t want barbecue, I want pasta”
 

“Okay we’ll get pasta-“
 

“And ice cream”
 

“And ice cream-“
 

“And bread”
 

“And bread-“
 

“And maybe a movie-“
 

“Okay okay we’ll do whatever you want, eat whatever you want, just help me finish all the photos that I need, deal”
 

Nayeon flashed the tall blonde a smile that showed her bunny teeth and just as quickly as that smile appeared, a flash came with a shutter noise. And quickly after, her smile was replaced with a scowl directed to her now grinning companion.
 

“See that wasn’t so hard?” Jeongyeon states, “Hey I wasn’t ready!””What’re you talking about? You look pretty here”
 

And just like that, Nayeon felt her cheeks warm up. She turned her face away from Jeongyeon, and tried to control the color of her cheeks. “Cat caught your tongue?” She could feel the smirk on Jeongyeon’s lips as she heard the words from the blonde.
 

“Chaeyoung isn't here...” she mutters, and Jeongyeon gasps before bursting out laughing. The blonde doubled over laughing out loud, and normally Nayeon would be embarrassed by those around them looking at them weirdly, but today felt different.
 

Today felt refreshing for her. Today the blonde made her feel all kinds of emotions that she refused to acknowledge before. But today is the day that Nayeon concedes to her  her denial.
 

Today Nayeon declares that she is in love with the blonde who’s laughing her off beside her; the blonde who despite the teasings, never forgot to compliment her in between; the blonde who knows her even when she doesn’t say anything; the blonde who would bend over backwards to make her laugh when she’s down; the blonde who makes her heart flutter for every single thing she does; the blonde named Yoo Jeongyeon .
 

*______________*
 

“That is so sweet unnie!”
 

Nayeon and Hyejin jumped hearing a loud coo beside them, and they quickly took notice that the rest of the girls settled themselves and were listening to her story of admission.
 

“It took you that long to acknowledge it?” Rosè’s smirk indicated that the girl knew more than what Nayeon shared. Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows and glared at her bunch, “did you tell everyone??”
 

Jihyo shrugged,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter