Let Me

Wasn't Expecting That
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

If you think about it carefully, you'll understand that this world is run by money, not love, fate or justice, just plain money. It may come from decent work or filthy hands but in the end, we'll all agree that without it, no one can survive. 

 

Not the poor, definitely not the rich. 

 

Jongin had to learn that the hard way, his father had to drill it into his mind the hard way. He had to lose a lot of things to accept the value of money. He never wants anyone to suffer the same way he did so he chose to be alone, to ignore everyone who made advances and just focus on one thing, his empire. 

 

Kim Jongin, multi-billionaire, bachelor and a successful business tycoon rose to the top exceedingly fast. At the young age of 22, the young CEO of KAI Enterprises surprised not only the local market but also the global business market. If you’d read his life story in all the magazines and interviews that he graced, it’ll only tell you one thing, he doesn’t  believe in luck, he believes in hard work. KAI started as a small AI start-up company, he was the underdog and he didn’t have the backing of investors but he had the skills of 10 engineers and a mind of 5 business analysts.

 

Now at the age of 26, with his hands dipped in almost every industry in Korea and International, industrial, medical and even entertainment. He’s a wanted investor and Jongin makes sure to keep it that way. He values his hard work and values his money too. He’s at the top of his game and he knows that from here on he’ll just continue rising

 

Jongin thinks that this is the time where he can take a step back a little. No one forced him, no one suggested it but in his world where everyone is expecting something from him, Jongin decides to do the opposite. 

 

On his 25th birthday, in a private medical facility in Switzerland, the person who will bear his child with the help of artificial insemination willingly accepted his terms and conditions to allow the procedure to push through. As an investor, Jongin's hand-picked medical team chose the perfect candidate that matched his requirements. He specifically told them that discretion is priority which is why he didn't meet the person and didn’t allow the person to know who he is. 

 

A year later, he’s now bringing home his 3 month old son, Kim SooHyun born on October 12th. He wasn’t there when the person gave birth and he didn’t go when he turned a month old. He had much to prepare for his son because in a few years, everything Jongin has will be his. 

 

No one knows about this other than the people involved and his secretary, they made sure to do it discreetly, made sure that the medical facility and team involved signed an NDA and of course the person who bore his son. He’s not frightened if it comes out, he just doesn’t want to expose his son to the vultures of this awful world. 

 

“Hey Soo, you’re home” he breathes out softly, placing a soft kiss on top of his son’s head.

 

-


 

Three short knocks followed by a quick ‘Excuse me, sir’ before the door to his office opened, his secretary walked in with a small smile on his face “Mr. Kim, have you picked one?”

 

Jongin gives him a brief nod before glancing at the folders seated on the corner of his desk, he went through it last night before he went home and he already asked his security team to do a background check just to be sure. “Yes, the youngest, he has the most experience, he’s currently on a break and he needs money, he’ll be focused on taking care of Soo-hyun”

 

“Okay, Sir. I’ll make sure he comes in tomorrow”

 

“6 am, sharp” he adds quickly before he brings his attention back to his laptop. 

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim” Secretary Lee bows before exiting the room. 

 

Truthfully he has time to take care of his son but during times like this where he needs to be at the office to attend stupid meetings, his only option right now is to hire a babysitter. There’s a nanny taking care of SooHyun but Jongin doesn’t trust her, her skills or lack thereof. 

 

He asked his secretary to search for a babysitter and the man narrowed it down to 4 applicants, 3 of them are older than Jongin, well-versed in childcare but none of them fits his needs. The fourth one however, had a very interesting profile. He’s not only experienced in babysitting, he volunteered at a couple of orphanages and does weekly volunteer work at a soup kitchen. There’s not much to look at in his background, he has a couple of loans to put himself through college, working three part-time jobs to pay for those loans and without support from his family.

 

Seems perfect for him, no attachments. Just like him.  


 

---


 

Kyungsoo jolts at the chorus of Candy playing so loud on his phone. He curses himself for putting the volume too high last night when he was watching a drama and then forgetting to lower it down before he slept. He grabs his phone and answers the call, a frown threatening to grace his precious features when he remembers the Unknown number written on the call screen. What if it’s one of the loan sharks???

 

But it’s too late, he already answered the call and is now waiting for the person on the other line to speak up. “Good morning, is this Mr. Doh Kyungsoo?”

 

“Ky-Kyungsoo is fine, may I ask who this is?”

 

“This is Lee Taehyun, it’s regarding the job application that you sent. I sent you an e-mail yesterday to confirm if you’re still interested in the position?”

 

“Uh--Can you give me a sec?” Kyungsoo says hurriedly and without waiting for an answer, he puts the call on speaker and checks his mail, damn his internet is so slow. 

 

There’s a lot of spam mails that makes him question why there’s a separate junk/spam folder when they can’t segregate the messages in his inbox. After a couple of scrolls he finds the email and almost squeals when he sees the official job offer.

 

“Fuc--Oh my gosh I’m so sorry. You mentioned here that I’m supposed to come in at 6 am? I just read the email, I was a bit preoccupied yesterday and wasn’t able to check my phone the whole day” he reasons out too fast for his own sake. How the hell did he choose to watch Kim Seonho the whole day yesterday when he could’ve gotten some brownie points if he just answered the email immediately. 

 

Mr. Lee chuckles softly on the other line and Kyungsoo feels that the other man must’ve seen through his lie. He’s so dead. It’s just a babysitting job but he’s going to fail it. 

 

His heart almost stops when he hears the next words that came out of the man’s mouth. “It’s alright Mr. Doh. I apologize for the late notice as well. If you’re free today, I can ask someone to pick you up and we can talk about the details of your contract. May I ask when is the earliest date that you can start?”

 

Kyungsoo immediately sits up and kicks his sheets away. “Now! I mean today! I’ll just get ready!”

 

“Noted. I’ll send a car right away. Thank you for accepting my call. I’ll see you later” Mr. Lee says before dropping the call.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t waste any more time, he quickly went to the bathroom to take a quick shower, get himself ready and make sure that he’s dressed well. 


 

-

 

He must’ve cashed in all his luck because why in the world is he here at the pristine lobby of KAI Spiral Tower, it’s a high-class, very expensive, wait did he say high class? He meant exclusive like  high-profile people live in this building, two in each floor except for the top three floors, two middle floors and two floors above the lobby. He doesn’t know why but what he knows is that they all pay for security too. 

 

He snaps out of his thoughts when a man neatly dressed in a suit stopped right in front of him “Mr. Doh, I’m Lee Taehyun, we spoke on the phone” the man says, reaching out a hand

 

Kyungsoo takes it, firmly shaking the hand of his future employer. He puts on his best smile as he answers with a clear voice, “It’s a pleasure to meet you”

 

“I hope you haven’t had breakfast yet, I asked the restaurant to reserve us a private room for breakfast so we can discuss the little details afterwards”

 

This Lee Taehyun guy is a savior, Kyungsoo’s savior, he already saved him twice today, first the job offer and now the breakfast, maybe he can be his sugar daddy as well? If he lives in a very expensive building, looking for a babysitter which means he's probably too busy for his family or maybe he's a single dad. 


 

Breakfast was more than amazing, his que

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter