001

Can I Make It Any More Obvious?

 

 

You

We just finished our first performance as a dance crew/group. It was cool that there were kids that would almost recognize us from school & now know me as a dancer. I recognized one of the guys, kind of like a popular one, that looked my way but I disregarded it by brushing hair out of my face. There’s no reason he’d have to get to know me anyway.


Him

Wow

That was all I could think of as one of the girl dancers passed me. 

She looked like someone I go to school with, but I'm not sure. As a 'popular' kid, I only knew the people I hung out with. I felt bad I didn't even recognize her. But I'd remember her face now. And the only other thing she was wearing: a silver bracelet with leaves on her wrist when she brushed her hair back.


You

It felt good to be back on campus as people started to do double takes at me. I saw him look my way, but I'm sure it was nothing. 

"Lani!!!" I could hear someone call out to me.

 I turned around, only to be tackled by my best friend Gina. 

"Sorry!" She exclaimed as she helped me get up, "I'm just trying to get to you, you celebrity!"

"I'm nothing close to a celebrity," I smiled. "But maybe a little more recognized." I referred to some guys doing the ‘call me’ gesture as we passed.

I made no intention to, but smiled at them anyway. As school came to an end, I couldn't wait to get to dance class. I mean, that's the place I am most myself. I met up with Gina and we drove there.


Him

She looks like her, but it couldn't be her. The girl from that performance had confidence and spice. This girl at my school is simple and… just like the girl but it couldn't be! All the other guys had thought it was her but i'm sure they were mistaken. I saw the girl from school leaving the student parking lot with a friend of hers. On the car there was a sticker that said "Dancer for life <3" I thought that maybe if I followed them, I might run into THE girl.


You

“Is Taeyong following us?” I asked Gina after seeing a familiar, really nice car behind us.

Looking at the rearview mirror she answered, "Why would he do that?" I shrugged really not knowing why but maybe it’s just the same car. 

Entering the studio, I was happy to see the rest of my friends: Key, the GBF; Minzy, the b-girl; Shownu, the b-boy & leader. We're tight as far as friendships go, & we are pretty much family. 

Seeing my sister at the reception desk, I waved at her since she was on the phone. She danced when she could but she was mostly busy with her boyfriend and work. I see her wave and our sister/friendship bracelet shimmer as her wrist moved.

I turn my head to the door as I hear the entrance bell ring, only to see Taeyong and his friend come in.


Taeyong

"What are we doing here?" asked Jaehyun, my best friend. 

"Just gimme a sec," I brush off. "The girl from that performance dances here I think." 

"Oh my go-… the girl! The girl from last week? That's all you got? No name or face?" 

"Well she was wearing a bracelet…" 

"Oh yeah. A bracelet. That narrows down to… all the girls who wear jewelry!!!" he laughed.

"Let me finish," I glared at him. "It was silver with little leaves on it or something." 

"We're never gonna find her," sighed Jaehyun slapping his forehead. 

I finally decided to get out of the car and make my way into the studio with Jaehyun not far behind me. I was hoping I could come in without disturbing, but I didn't realize there was a bell to let the receptionist know people were coming in. 

"Hi! How can I help you?" She greeted, putting down the phone. 

"Umm," I got flustered. 

I didn't know what to ask for. I looked down at her pen & noticed she had THE bracelet on! But then I looked at her and knew it couldn't be the girl from the performance.

"Does anyone else in the studio have that bracelet?" 

She looked taken aback but then she answered, "My sister does. Would you like me to get her?" 

"That would be great! Would you please?" 

She went to get her sister, whoever she was, but she stopped in the middle of the dancefloor. She whispered something & all of the dancers looked our way. I just looked away but then i noticed that the girl walking with the receptionist was the girl from school.


You

Why would Taeyong want to see me? 

I looked at my friends & they were all making kissy faces at me, especially Key, who earned a slap in the back of the head from me. Ryujin looked curious when she came to us so I just rolled my eyes to see what he, of all people, would need from me. Once I came out of the dance room, I could tell it was not me he was expecting.

"So… whats up?" Knowing I could be the of some joke or prank or something.

His friend, who the whole school knew as Jaehyun, looked at him and punched him in the arm. 

Taeyong immediately said, "What's your name?" 

"Lani," I replied simply.  


Taeyong

"Lani… hmm," I repeated so I wouldn’t forget. "Did you dance last Friday? With a group?" 

She nodded. 

"Seriously?" I needed to be sure. 

She nodded again, "Why do you wanna know?"

Umm… was all that was going through my head. Why couldn't I talk to her? Why did I want to know? Maybe I wanted to go out with her or something… I'm not sure! "I wanted to invite you to a party I'm having Saturday, if you wanna come." I hoped she wouldn’t think I’m stupid, asking a question like that. 

"I really wish I could… but I can't. I'm busy. Sorry." 

Before I could say anything else, a guy from the dance room called her, & she apologized again and just left. I can't believe I was acting like an idiot!


You

I could not focus on dancing. Why would a guy like Taeyong want me at his party? I mean, I was nothing of their type. His typical girlfriend was a queenka cheerleader or something. Not me. I didn't care though. I was happy where I was. I don't need a relationship bringing me down right now, when I'm at a peak in my life.

After practice everyone wanted to know what was going on between me & Taeyong. I told everyone nothing but they didn't believe me. Those jerks… 

Anyway, Gina dropped me off at home afterwards which meant coming home to do the chores and taking care of my younger brothers. I came in and found the two boys having a pillow fight in their bedroom. 

"Did you guys do your homework yet?" I leaned on the doorframe.

"Maybe…" my youngest brother sassed. 

"Well turn that maybe to a yes. How bout you Joo?" I point at the other boy.

"Yeah I’m done. Not much today." He takes a whack at the face since he was distracted.

I laugh at the attack. "Alright, well I'm going to see if there's food cause I'm starving." I turn for the kitchen.


Taeyong

I finally know her name! Lani… that's a name.

She seemed pretty cool to hang out with but I guess I'm just going to have to find another way. 

Anyways, Jaehyun dropped me off at home after the studio. As I got up to my room, I couldn't help remembering how her smile looked, how great she danced, and… she barely cared to know me. I hoped she didn't think I was just a jerk, brushing off people who weren't, you know… known. Okay fine, what I meant to say is cool. 

Man I need to find a way to talk to her, I thought as I fell onto my bed.


You

School could not be going better. Oh, there was heavy sarcasm there, in case it wasn't obvious.

First, I wake up late and then Gina tells me her car broke down so I had to ride my bike to school. Then I get there and all these kids are whispering to each other, pointing at me as I pass. 

One of the queenkas comes up to me and says, "Hey, we heard you hooked up with Taeyong yesterday." 

"What?!" I yelled. "Who said that?!"



Well thats that! I did like what I wrote I just fixed some wordy parts but in general it wasn't too bad. hmm maybe this one will work...