Chapter 5

UNSEEN (Male Version)

I wasn't ready with all the stuff I didn't know, I would leak it one by one in ways I can't predict. The more I got into something, the more I got all the detailed stuff that is hidden from me even though I don't put my effort much into it. It was nice to know it without trying but at the same time, it stressed me much when I found out bad things happened caused by me without I was realizing it. 

Like this moment. 

When I was trying to find out the truth about my drunken state that got me stuck into the blood on my sheet. The woman that I thought would never be coming to me that I thought the one I slept with, suddenly appeared in the hospital where Chaeyoon was. The slightest thing that I would pass it if I don't get into her. 

'Chaeyoon'

Scared of the woman would hurt her in the hospital at first, but it turned out I was the one who hurt Chaeyoon. Through the footage in my house, I found out that Chaeyoon was the one who laid on my bed. The truth that put my hope high because she was still into me but also the regret after seeing the blood that haunted me after knowing it was Chaeyoon's. 

And this day was the worst. I lifted her weak body who was ready to collapse anytime in her apartment. The apartment that she hid from me but at the same time she told me when we were together but I didn't catch her attention. 'Stupid me!'

Her weak body stumbled and I caught her in bridal style. Hopefully, It wasn't caused by me too. But, the more I thought about it. I was so sure it was caused by me. A mature woman, engaged and doing kinds of stuff with me. Only a stupid wouldn't get the thing right. I do really hope my feeling was wrong about the blood. 'Was it only my denial to cover my wrong into something?'
After putting her on her bed I dazed for a while. Awkward was the right word to describe what we were right now. No one started the conversation and I silently helped her to take a meal. Sometimes, I saw her trying hard not to puke the meal that knitted my brows into one.
 
'Am I right about the thing I expect?'

Struggling with her meal, she tried hard on finishing it. I took a deep breath after helping her to take a meal. She was so pale enough to make my heart thorn into parts. My gaze always caught her hand on her belly in a subtle way, giving rubs slightly while I was feeding her. The view itself got me speechless. I felt like something holding my heart until it would explode. If it was true, I can't forgive myself who harmed the two souls I love.

Can't help the situation which raised my feeling for her, I went out of her room after she finished her meal immediately. I needed to talk with her. Without wronged feelings or anger to get the misunderstanding between us cleared. Leaving her bedroom, I passed her. The woman who led me closer to Chaeyoon. Only her the one who can I trust in the apartment to be on her side right now. The sudden appearance of me or the sudden appearance she actually didn't want to happen. She must be shocked by me, the man who hurt her. 

"Just come inside first! I will be back after I am calming myself. I need to talk to her."

Without a reply, she nodded and went inside. Taking a seat on the couch in the living room I rubbed my face frustratedly. Trying to calm me after knowing her condition,  I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself first. If I wasn't in the apartment, I would break anything in front of me right now without caring about my surrounding. My mistake was unforgivable. 

Not long after I came out, I heard her cry which hurting my heart more. 

"Why?" I exhaled my breath deeply only listening to her cry in silence. The more I heard her cry, the more I scrunched my face in pain. Clasping my hands tightly and hitting my forehead, I prayed that she would be fine. 

"Please, don't cry! It hurts me!" I mumbled. An hour of crying I listened to stories she told Hari which I never heard before. It might be my worst choice to stay in her place, because every time I heard that, I felt like I don't have another heart to be break anymore. My heart totally wrenched.

"So, do you still love him?" A slight voice of Hari froze me. Unconsciously, I clasped my hands tighter in hope that I really want to hear. 
"I do, I love him but I don't know that he will forgive me for what I have done. And I don't have a right to appear in front of him after the mess I made..."

'!' I grabbed my chest tightly. 

"If he forgives you, would you come for him again?"

I bit my lower lip when I heard her cry louder instead of answering her question. The question that put her in doubt. Sobbing and crying, the only sound I heard. She lost her words, also me. 
'Does she still love me?"

That was the only thing I needed to hear that time from her. I would try to forget what had happened between us. Actually, it wasn't us. It is our company. 

-----

I grabbed Hari's hand right when she walked out of the room. She looked calm and followed me to move far away from Chaeyoon's bedroom. 

"Hari-ssi, Is she..." 

"Yes, she is pregnant." 

That was right and I harmed them that night and I was so stupid to ask the thing that was opened book like that. Holding my hair tightly to ease the ache in my head I exhaled my breath loudly. 

"Why does she look so weak? Why she left the hospital if she is still unstable?" I raised my tone in anger after knowing that. Her condition was no joke. With my child inside, she needed a place to recover. The view of her collapsing in front of me messed my mind and it was enough to make me choke someone who was standing in front of me. Instead of choking or putting the blame on her, who was with her since Chaeyoon was hospitalized, I hold my anger. I still needed to know what was her explanation about the incident.

"Someone tried to stab her, yesterday."

'What the hell is that?'

Something was out of my sight once again and it also harmed her and my child. The news turned me into a bastard who couldn't protect his beloved one. 

'One? Two!!'

Making me speechless, she looked at me firmly. I didn't know what to say after looking at her keen gaze. I deserved that. She was the one who helped Chaeyoon and also my child, and I was the one who doesn't have a right if she told me to stay away from Chaeyoon. Her sincere looks in her eyes convinced me that she does look like she is reliable for Chaeyoon. At least for this time. 

"Stab? What the hell in the..." I rubbed my hair frustratedly. 

"I don't know who is it but, she seems to know who is the one. I thought you should be here for her for some time. Because I don't know what the person wants. I almost couldn't save her yesterday if I didn't push the emergency bell. And I hope you can..."

"Hari-ssi," I exhaled my breath deeply couldn't get enough with all those s that happened out of my sights. Honestly, it was too overboard when the bad things came up at the same time and I couldn't handle it at once. "Is she sleeping already?" I asked. 

"Yes..."

"Just give me a moment!" 

*****((()))*****

Entering slowly to her room, I looked at her angelic face holding her womb possessively with her hand in her sleep. I looked down at myself. She endured it by herself. And I was standing there and just knowing the news a while ago frozen couldn't do anything. She passed the bad things by herself to protect herself and my child. Stopping at the edge of her bed, I roamed her bedroom thoroughly.

Looking at her makeup stuff and an opened drawer full of her y clothes reminded me of when she came to me full makeup which wasn't her. The only memory that could make me smile since the bad news flooded me that day. I walked toward her opened drawer which shows the gown that she wore at the meeting in the hotel. The first backless gown she wore in front of me and almost involved wolves like me. Roaming the simple room and apartment also made me in a daze. The heir of Ridge that easily took over Wooden only lived in this kind of place. It seemed impossible. I sighed with a smirk mocking at me. 

'You don't even understand her, and you couldn't easily judge her as you did before!' 

My brows knitted into one when I remembered the day I had a bad thought about her. It wasn't her who did bad to me. Actually, I didn't know the whole story behind it. Slowly, I reached for her side and seated beside her sleeping body. My eyes roamed to her puffed and pale face with her calming breath.
 
"Have you felt free, Honey?" My heart scrunched while wiping her cold sweat all over her face. Mesmerizing her peaceful face after letting out her grudges to Hari also lessened my worry about her. My woman who kept it herself for times I don't know for how long. I still remembered when I caught her fakeness under that makeup. Like just I heard, she also cried out loud that time even though I didn't know what was the reason. She was still keeping it until today by herself.  

"Looks like I am not your reliable person to lean with..." my heart thorn after saying those words. "I don't know every single thing about you. I don't know that you are keeping something dangerous by yourself. I am sorry." 

Sighing, I tried to smile and I held her hand on her belly. She was possessively holding our child. My lips tugged into a faintly smile while grabbing her hand. 

"Thanks for keeping our child," I pulled her limp hand to my lips giving my gratitude to her deeply. Her soft hand that I miss for so long.

Putting her hand back to her belly, I saw her scrunching her face, my hand turned from holding her hand to caressing her knitted forehead. Even from the start, I couldn't guess what was something burdening her the whole time, but as the times passed by, I am sure that slowly I will know it. Her habit when she was having a bad dream. Back in time when I didn't know those s between our companies happened, I would hug her tight and giving soft taps on her shoulder until I heard her calming breath inhaled and exhaled on my chest, not like this moment when s things started showing their existences.

"Sssttt... I am here," I calmed her. 

Suddenly, my eyes fell on the twinkling thing on her neck. Furrowing my forehead in confusion, I looked into it and slightly pulled it from her neck. The other blinked thing was shown and making me rub my face in relief. The ring that I was familiar with. The ring that I thought she had thrown it after she left me. She still keeps it. Holding my tears that almost burst, I bit my lower lip in relief. 

"Thank you..." 

*****((()))*****

My eyes strayed away from the ceiling in the dim light in the living room. My hand was knocking on my forehead trying to connect what was happening. She came to Mount to be my secretary and trying so hard to be the one. 

'Ridge'

I have never known anything about Ridge before but, I never heard the connection between Ridge and Mount. 

'Or I missed the news?' 

I looked at the news on the internet about Ridge and it showed nothing that connecting to Mount until a piece of news attracted me. The news of her parents' death five years ago. The news showed nothing other than praying for their death but it actually tickled me. The cause of their spontaneous deaths at the same time was strange for me. It looked so clean. The investigation was stopped by the doctor's explanation who said that their deaths were caused by cardiac arrest and they were late to be brought to the emergency room.

'It is strange.'

-----

The throwing up sound woke me up from my sleep. Turning to the left side where the bathroom was, I saw the light from the lamp that blinds me. The sound of Chaeyoon threw up suddenly stopped and she turned the lamp off before leaving. 

From my vague sight, I saw her back to her bedroom. Putting my sight of, I tried to get asleep when suddenly, I felt something warm around me. And I felt her soft hand caressing my forehead that I missed for so long.

"Thank you," I heard her whisper and she woke up to leave me. Grabbing her hand tightly I hold her from leaving me. I still needed her to be with me.

"Sit..." I said softly. Pretending she didn't hear my order, she tried to leave me again. 

"Please, sit!" I ordered softer and obediently she took a seat beside me. 

"Why don't you go home?" her ridiculous question made me smirking while shaking my head in disbelief with the thick wall she had built for me.

"How can I?" I laughed at her and myself. At her, who firmly pushed me away, and myself who felt like a loser who just knew another one I needed to protect just a moment after I harmed them.

"You shouldn't be here..." 

"Why?"

"Because..." I dragged her closer, tired of her rejection. At this moment, we shouldn't put our egos first than our child who was in danger. 

"You still love me?" I wanted to blurt it as a statement but I didn't know it turned into a question. It almost turned into a beg. Begging for her love and asking her to stay with me. Holding myself before knowing it from and her deepest heart. I needed to hear from her, not my suspicion even though the shreds of evidence told me so. Such an Irony, the Cassanova who didn't care about others feeling turned out to be fell too deep to woman. My lips trembled to try to hold my tears which were coming out of nowhere. 

"Jisung-ssi..." Slowly, my hand covered her cheek softly, giving her soft and broken kisses. My longing to her and the incidents grew my wrong feeling as I felt my tears wetting our cheeks. With her being frozen I kept on deepening the kiss gently while caressing her cheek softly to convince them that I need her. Broken. That was what I felt when I heard all the facts. From the incident in my house until the day when she was almost stabbed by someone. I am as a man who should be the responsible man wasn't there when she almost lost her life. The pain aroused from my heart as I  pulled out the kisses, I wiped my tears that streamed all over my face which was I shouldn't have a right to do so. "Jisung-ssi..." 

"Chaeyoon-ah..." I paused as closing my eyes deeply before taking a deep breath. I d my pocket and pulling out my left hand. And put it on her ring finger as it should be. The engaged ring we have. I am still sure she would still accept me no matter what.

Looking at her busy hand tried to look for her necklace, I smiled faintly. 

"You never wear a necklace," I tightened my grip on her left hand. 

"Please, stay with me!" 

"I can't..."

"I can't let people harm our child..." I whispered in sincerity while I saw she was petrified on something I don't know in her mind. 'Why should she ever feel like that?'

"Jisung-ssi..." she tried to snatch my hand but I  never let my hand go.

"Please!" I stared at her eyes sharply. "Or let me stay with you here!" 

"I can't..."

"How can I let you are wandering alone and knowing someone wants to stab you also my child?" My tone suddenly raised while looking at her seriously.

"Even the one that wants to stab me, might be in Mount?" 

Shocked, her question got me speechless. Another truth from that actually connected the dots I found. Even though I couldn't believe it myself. My company killed her parents.
 
"What?" I narrowed my eyes in disbelief. 

"Would you really protect my baby?" she asked with her wet eyes desperately. Looking at her seriousness, I couldn't even move. She looked in despair. 

"Tell me something to understand what you mean!" I asked her in puzzled. 

"My parents, my brother, and now my child?" her words twitched my heart in a sudden. 'Stab' the word that Hari had told me about yesterday's accident that almost made me lose her and my child. The word that also came from her. 

"Are you sure that Mount did that?" I asked her gingerly when I suddenly saw her facial expression changed. She suddenly covered her ears frustratedly while screaming. She screamed louder and tried to cover her ears tightly like something bothered her mind. Instead of saying a word, she let out a scream which scrunched my heart. Embracing her, I tried to let her screaming in my embrace. My hurt was so much in pain hearing her sob on my chest. 

'Just please let out your pain to me so I can understand!'

*****((()))******

Our steps rushed to the hospital where her brother was treated. The hospital called her because her brother's condition suddenly dropped that day. She ran to her brother's room as fast as possible with Hari beside her leaving me behind.  

I held my pace when I saw someone familiar around the bedroom. The presence made me raise my brow in disbelief. 

'Why is he there?'

I flinched knowing his sudden presence there and he left after seeing Chaeyoon with someone beside her. With his black attire and hat, he covered him well. But, I can see him. 

'Is that true? Mount really did that to Chaeyoon's family.'

A group of doctors came out from Chaeyoon's brother's room after a while. Without thinking much I got in their way.

"I am sorry, can I ask you?" I asked the doctor who led the way. 

"What is it?" 

"Is the patient named Ha Jonghyun can survive?"
 
"Pardon me?" The doctor scrunched his brow in suspicion looking at me.

"Please, announce his death!" I asked him. 

"But, we shouldn't..."

"Please!" I begged.

-to be continued- 

A/N
Hi my beloved reades ^^
Here is an (late) update ^^
Heheh Mian (^.^")
Hopefuly, you can enjoy this update ^^ 
Thanks for supports, votes and comments ^^
I do really hope you all don't get tired with those things heheh ^^ Because it makes my days (9^.^)9

With Love, 
Byeol-nim ❤