Only if you knew

Heather
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tell me again why i should follow you in this freezing weather kim heechul?” Jungsoo said, trembling as he feel the snow flakes sticking to his clothes.

 

“Because i have a date” Heechul told him, straight at Jungsoo. Jungsoo merely stared at Heechul “Exactly. You have a date and what does it have to with me?”

 

“Because i have promised my bestfriend to treat him delicious food. And i also want you to meet her Jungsoo. You gonna love her” Heechul enthusiastically told his bestfriend.

Jungsoo keep his gaze to the slippery road. Yeah, Heechul has promised him to go eat at their favorite restaurant. But never he expected his bestfriend would bring someone over. More specifically his girlfriend.

“I’m not hungry Heechul and i would rather sleep on my warm bed”

 

“Oh Jungsoo come on cheer up. Its the first snow and who would want to spend the first snow alone?”

 

“Me,duh. I told you just a while ago”

 

“It’s cold Heechul. You know i hate cold”

 

“Stop complaning, i bring you my sweater now you can wear it and you won’t feel cold anymore” Heechul handed him the red-knitted sweater. Jungsoo know this sweater very well. It’s one of Heechul’s favorite, he always seen him wore it since they were sophomores in high school and now they’re in university counting the days to their graduation.

 

“Ew I don’t want it. It still have your smell” Jungsoo which later followed by light smack from him.

 

Jungsoo always been a fool for Kim Heechul. He would say yes to everything that the beautiful man offered him. And tonight he couldn’t say no when heechul put the sweater on him.

 

“I always knew you would look good in it” satisfaction written on Heechul’s face. “Now let’s go, i don’t want to make her wait”

 

And so Jungsoo is being a third wheel now. Sit in their regular restaurant with the couple in front of him.

“Jungsoo, this is Yeo reum. Babe, this is Jungsoo my bestfriend”

 

Jungsoo just smiled, there’s nothing he can other than being nice towards his bestfriend’s lover.

Yeoreum, a beautiful name for a beautiful person. He gotta admit his bestfriend always have a good eyes, each of heechul’s exes are all pretty. Though for Jungsoo, Heechul is the most pretty.

Jungsoo is a fool for Heechul. He didn’t remember when did this feeling bloom but he is aware, he loved him and still love him. Maybe it started when they were freshmen? Or was it when they were in senior year? But all these times he keep it to himself. And he didn’t plan to tell the latter either.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

“Erm Jungsoo? Please don’t be mad but I don’t think i can go to your place to watch. I’m sorry but Yeoreum was mad at me for the whole week because i forgot our anniversary so i called her to make it up by throw a surprise for her and i forgot the day is today”

 

“It’s okay. We’ve been doing this for 6 years and besides i have to work overtime. Team manager offered me a promotion if i could finish this project before deadline”

 

“I knew you would be understandable. Thank you Jungsoo. Good luck with your promotion”

 

“Stop talking to me and go to your girlfriend. Have fun with your date and don’t forget to wear protection. I’m not ready yet to meet my nephew or niece”

 

“Yah don’t you remember how kids always called me kim ? I won’t have kids before you”

 

“You know I won’t get married Heechul and even if i did you know i’m gay. I don’t think my partner would like to have kids”

 

“Wait do you mean you have a boyfriend now? Yah how come you didn’t t— ah i’m gonna be late. Talk to you later Jungsoo”

 

Jungsoo is a fool for Heechul. He lied for saying he had to work overtime. To tell the truth, he already got promotion. The project he mentioned has finished month ago and he has told Heechul but of course, Heechul was too busy for his girlfriend to pay attention to him. So now Jungsoo alone in their usual in the bar, chugged the beer.

 

“What’s with the long face? Where’s that rude bastard, a boyfriend of yours?” a man suddenly approached him, take a seat beside him.

 

“He’s not my boyfriend, Kyu”

 

“Yet” Kyuhyun take his glass and chugging it down.

“How long are you gonna keep it to yourself Jungsoo? For god’s sake everyone knows you have feeling for him. The only fool here is him”

 

“I don’t know, maybe until the day i die” Jungsoo chuckles.

 

“Don’t you want him to know?”

 

“And ruin our friendship? Ruin his relationship? Kyu you have to see how his eyes sparkle whenever he talk about her or with her. I never seen him like this ever since i met him”

“I don’t have a heart to break his happiness”

 

“And how about your happiness? You deserve it too Jungsoo”

 

“I am happy as long as he is happy”

 

“Cut that bull Jungsoo you make me cringe” Kyu ask for another bottle. “But seriously don’t you hate it when he spends more time with her? He missed your birthday, your baseball tournament tradition, and i bet he also did not know you got promotion”

 

“It’s normal Kyu, he is in love of course he gotta choose her girlfriend over me. I’m just his bestfriend”

 

“You’re being too naive Jungsoo”

 

He smiled down. He wished he could hate Yeoreum but she’s nice. She makes him happy. She was there when the man he loved broke down because his family going bankrupt after his dad died and he had to work harder for his little sister and his mother. How can Jungsoo hated her?

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

 

“Hi heechul do you have time to go out? Maybe we could go to chicken restaurant that we used to go?”

 

“Hi Jungsoo. I’m not in the mood for chicken right now”

 

“How about we go to the pop up bar? Or a bar we used to go? You can have soju”

 

“No Jungsoo i’m not in the mood for anything. I want to be alone right now. Going outside would just remind me of Yeoreum”

 

“Oh okay buddy. I understood. Yeah break ups hurt. Call me when you feel better”

 

And for the thousand times he try to understand him.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

“What the hell Jungsoo why didn’t you tell me beforehand that you’re gonna move outside country?”

“You didn’t tell me about your promotion either”

“I thought i’m your bestfriend?”

Heechul throw a fuss towards him after he learned that Jungsoo gonna leave him. After the breakup it took Heechul 2 months to recover and contacted him again as the Kim Heechul that he knew. But sadly, they have to be apart again.

 

“I’m sorry everything happened too fast. They want me to move to the branch company as soon as possible and the director thought agreed. I can’t take down the offer. They give me lot of good offer” Jungsoo try his best to calm his bestfriend and give him a reason. He didn’t want to go but he doesn’t have much chance to say no. They say it’s time for him to go.

 

“Where are you gonna move?” Silent is what Heechul got from him.

 

“You don’t want to tell me? Fine!”

 

“Please don’t be mad. You will know it later”

 

“Okay but promise me to keep in touch”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter