SOMEONE IS SUCH A HUGE BA~KA!

MATCHMAKER MARU-CHAN : My Forever Match

Famous mangaka Miyawaki Sakura and her popular barista girlfriend Kwon Eunbi are going strong together, thanks of course to a certain something. Maru-chan wonders when they are settling down together. She was lounging on her small bed when she heard a sound.

 

"Psst. Psst. Oi. Maru-chan," Sakura whispered aggressively.

 

[Argh okay what is it.] Maru stood up on all fours and approached Sakura. "Meow."

 

"Hey, we'll be doing a big project, okay?" Sakura said, still in a whisper, as she crouched down and her pet's back lovingly.

 

"Meow?" [What the heck are you even whispering for?]

 

"Shhh. You’ll see," Sakura answered, placing her index finger in front of her lips.

 

"Kkura, I'm leaving!" Eunbi yelled from their bedroom.

 

Sakura seemed to be in her own little space with Maru, as she didn't hear Eunbi. After a few moments, Sakura felt a weight on her back and arms wrapping her from behind.

 

"Kkura," Eunbi mumbled through Sakura's neck.

 

"Oh yeah?" Sakura is now out of her reverie. She faced Eunbi and they stood up together.

 

Eunbi cupped her cheek. "I'm leaving now," she said, smiling.

 

"O-okay..." Sakura only got to say. Eunbi found her a little bit weird, but shook the thought off from her mind. Instead, she just kissed her girlfriend's cheek, and after a few seconds... didn't get any kiss back unlike any other day.

 

"See you later, Kkura," Eunbi walked to the doorway and before finally stepping out, took a quick glance on Sakura who seemed to be out of the ordinary today.

 

Once Eunbi was out, Maru immediately called for Sakura's attention.

 

"Meow."

 

Sakura didn't respond. [What's the matter with this woman?]

 

"Meow." Maru called once again, tapping Sakura's ankle with her paw as she looked at her owner.

 

"Huh? Oh. Maru-chan," Sakura finally noticed and responded, staring at Maru. Maru tilted her head curiously at Sakura's odd self today.

 

Meanwhile, in Yena's café...

 

"Unnie? Eunbi-unnie!" someone yelled from the screen.

 

"You're saying something Yena?" Eunbi asked as she's drying the dishes while having a video chat with Yena.

 

"Yes unnie. As I was saying—" Yena went a bit more forward near her screen— "I'm planning to propose to Yuri already," she said in a whisper.

 

Eunbi just stared in awe at how fast Yena had thought about it. "Wow... congrats..." was all the woman could utter.

 

Yena noticed her unnie's unusual tone. "Why unnie? Is there something bothering you? I noticed you've been sighing a lot since we started the video call," Yena questioned.

 

Eunbi let out a sigh once again. She's been drying the same plate she's holding since a few minutes ago. "Sakura's been acting weird lately," she revealed, and pouted.

 

"What?" Yena questioned in disbelief. "Sakura is the clingiest of them all, so what could be the problem?"  She thought aloud with her chin held up with her fingers.

 

"Psh, 'clingiest of them all,' but look, she's becoming like Maru-chan. I guess owners now take after their pets," Eunbi retorted.

 

"Oh c'mon unnie, I'm sure it's nothing. Don't worry about it~" Yena tried to reassure Eunbi. Eunbi didn't respond with anything but only a pout.

 

"Why unnie? Is there anything you want from her?"

 

Eunbi kept her eyes on the ground, until she suddenly looked up on the screen and into Yena's eyes, as if staring through her soul. With her eyebrows formed into a knot and lips puckered, she said, "I also want Sakura to put a ring on my finger! The way that I don't wear anything on my ring finger should be a sign to her that I want to step it up already!" whining.

 

"Unnie! How would she know that— Oh I know! Why don't you try and drop subtle hints?"

 

-----+-----+-----

 

Back to Sakura.

 

"How am I supposed to propose? This is like— the first and last time I'd do this."

 

Maru looked at her hooman who is once again in a huge dilemma. She secretly went to the living room and took something with , bringing it over to Sakura's bedroom.

 

"Meow."

 

Sakura looked at Maru and saw a magazine issue that is very much familiar with. She took the magazine and flipped its pages until it stopped on a particular page. She stared at the pages and smiled at the nostalgic yet is still a fresh memory for her.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

"Kkura, I'm home!" Eunbi shouted as soon as she entered their apartment. Yes, Eunbi decided to move into the mangaka's apartment and even redecorated Sakura's geeky interior space.

 

“Maru-channie~” Eunbi went over to Maru who’s lying on the floor and herself relaxingly. Maru just stared at her briefly, then went back to her business.

 

“Hmph, tsundere,” Eunbi muttered.

 

"Hey Eun," Sakura welcomed Eunbi as she emerged from the kitchen. The couple exchanged smiles before Eunbi went to the bathroom to wash up.

 

After washing up, Eunbi found Sakura already setting the table. They both sat down with Eunbi on Sakura's right side adjacent to her. Maru jumped onto the table and sat down in the middle of it.

 

"Itadakimasu!"

 

“Meow~”

 

After giving thanks for the food, Maru and Eunbi immediately dug in. Sakura watched her girlfriend for a bit before finally taking bites for herself too. They eat in comfortable silence.

 

“How’s Maru-channie’s day?” Eunbi turned to stare at Maru expectantly. She’s been trying to see Maru’s aegyo even for a short while and…

 

 

[You’re not getting it, Eunbi-chan.]

 

Eunbi’s nth attempt to see Maru’s aegyo, failed. She glared at Maru softly, which the cat didn’t mind.

 

[Heh. You know that won’t work.] Maru just hummed inside her mind as she ate her dinner.

 

Sakura was watching and chuckled at the side. Eunbi turned to look at Sakura eagerly and smiled.

 

"What about you Kkura, what did you do earlier?" Eunbi asked as she took some of the kimchi fried rice.

 

"The usual. Draw some stuff, while waiting for you to come home," Sakura answered, looking at her with a pout on her face.

 

Eunbi chuckled. "Yah, you really did? You could've just come over to the café whenever you miss me," she stared at her knowingly.

 

"I don't want to go out alone. You are the only one I'd go out with."

 

Eunbi snickered. “Geez. Still the homebody Sakura, I see.”

 

Sakura just gave her a toothy smile with her eyes forming crescents.

 

"Oh yeah, have you heard about it?" Eunbi asked another question, excited to break the news.

 

"What is?" Sakura asked back as she drank her water.

 

"Yena will propose to Yuri!" Eunbi said with so much excitement. She clasped her hands and propped her elbows on the table, propping her chin on her hands, and stared on the ceiling dreamily. "Aww~ I really wanted to get married now— to a fisherman!"

 

And with that Sakura choked on the water she's drinking.

 

Maru who’s also eating stopped abruptly and looked at Eunbi. [N-NANI!?]

 

"W-what?" Sakura managed to say. Eunbi looked at her with enthusiasm.

 

"I want to marry a fisherman, then have a simple life in the countryside," Eunbi smiled at the thought.

 

"Y-you want a fisherman?" Sakura asked, not believing what her ears just heard.

 

Eunbi tilted her head and smiled full of glee. "Un!"

 

Maru kept staring alternately at Sakura and Eunbi. [Yabai… Sakuchan better make a move.]

 

Sakura suddenly fell silent and continued finishing her food. 

 

[My poor hooman… sigh…] Maru looked at Sakura and chortled inwardly.

 

Eunbi noticed Sakura being much quieter and smiled within herself. Maru caught the meaningful stare Eunbi is giving Sakura.

 

[Heh~ Eunbi-chan got some tricks up her sleeves, huh.] Maru went back to eating and shook her head. [This couple really.]

 

After dinner, Sakura went back to work in their room, while Eunbi stayed in the living room watching television. Maru is laid down on Eunbi's lap, with Eunbi giving gentle on the cat's back.

 

[This is so relaxing.] Maru thought as she enjoyed just hanging out with her other (soon-to-be?) mommy.

 

"Maru-chan," Eunbi called on her in a hushed tone.

 

"Meow," Maru responded in a beat, stretching her limbs from satisfaction.

 

"Have Sakura told you anything?" Eunbi asked.

 

Maru shifted from her position and looked up at Eunbi whose stare hadn’t left the television screen.

 

[Why is she asking me that? Does she think I can answer her?]

 

"Geez, am I that bothered about Sakura's plans for us? As if Maru-chan will answer me," Eunbi shook her head in disbelief. She remained her stare at the screen for a few seconds more, until she yawned, taking it as a sign that it's time to call it a day.

 

[If only I can talk Eunbi-chan. Sakuchan's acting weird sometimes too.] Maru scratched her neck.

 

"Let's sleep, Maru-yah." Maru immediately jumped off Eunbi's lap. Eunbi turned the television off and stood up. She walked over to their bedroom and saw Sakura immersed in her work. She approached Sakura and took a peek at the drawing her girlfriend is finishing.

 

"Kku~ ra~ yah," Eunbi peeked beside Sakura, showing the Japanese her cute pouty face.

 

"Hm?" Sakura is still drawing something with her pencil.

 

"Let's sleep," Eunbi said, followed by a tired yawn. Sakura looked at her and smiled. She put down her pencil and started to tidy up her work space. She spun her chair to face Eunbi.

 

"I guess we really should sleep," Sakura responded as she chuckled at Eunbi's sleepy eyes.

 

They walked over to the bed and settled down. Sakura nestled Eunbi in her arms with Eunbi leaning her head on Sakura's chest. Maru followed and settled in the small space between Sakura and Eunbi's feet.

 

"Sakura," Eunbi called her.

 

"Hm?"

 

Eunbi asked the question she's been dying to know the answer to as they stay in their position.

 

"What do you see in the future?"

 

There was a brief silence.

 

"Well, just... this. Still the same," Sakura answered nonchalantly.

 

Eunbi felt a little down from Sakura's response. She wanted to ask Sakura to elaborate but something in her heart is telling her not to. Instead, she buried herself into Sakura's chest and tightened her hug to Sakura.

 

"Hm? Are you asleep already, Eun?" Sakura asked softly after a few minutes of waiting for Eunbi's voice. She didn't hear a thing after.

 

Sakura gently kissed the crown of her head and without knowing what Eunbi felt, ended the night with, "Good night, Eun. Love you."

 

Good night… Kkura… I love you too…

 

-----=====+=====-----

 

The next day, Sakura woke up without Eunbi on her side of the bed. She went out of the bedroom and saw a note on the dining table.

 

Kkura-yah~

You must’ve been shocked waking up without me beside you.

But don’t worry! I cooked you breakfast :)

I just wasn’t able to say this yesterday but I’m gonna hang out with Sae~

You can also hang out with Hyewon too, if you’d like :D

Enjoy your day without me

Eun-chan ;*

 

Sakura stared at the paper. S-Sae? The café’s regular customer whose sideline is to flirt with my cutie bunny girlfriend. That woman─

 

“Meow.”

 

Sakura groaned softly and looked down on Maru.

 

“Okay Maru-chan. Your breakfast comin’ right up!” she said brightly, laced with sarcasm. She went to one of the shelves from the kitchen and took the cat food. She grabbed Maru’s bowl and started to pour the food a little bit aggressively. “Really? Sae? For all I know she might’ve─” Sakura started grumbling when her phone rang.

 

“Ugh. Nice timing…” She picked up the phone and answered. “What do you want Kangchan?” she asked with an unenthusiastic tone.

 

“Oh hey—! Kkura… what’s wrong with you?”

 

Sakura frowned. “Er, you were the one who called, right? Why you callin’?” She finally finished preparing Maru’s food and served it to her. She walked away from the kitchen counter and sat on the dining chair. She unwrapped the plastic wrap Eunbi used to cover the platter of kimbap.

 

“Well, nothing, just felt like you need someone to talk to,” Hyewon answered with nonchalance. Sakura's annoyance somehow dissipated because of Hyewon's concern.

 

“Eunbi-unnie told me you might need someone to talk to,” Hyewon added. Sakura's taking back what she thought earlier. It felt like the annoyance she's feeling didn’t really dissipate but rather intensified. What the heck Kangchan? I thought it got better but it got worse.

 

“Really. She's with someone else. How considerate of her to get me some ‘companionship’,” Sakura rolled her eyes.

 

“Technically not a companionship, coz I'm not there.”

 

“Gosh Kangchan! You don't know how much I wanted to go out and search the ends of the city just to find where Eunbi is!”

 

“Woah. You're jealous?”

 

“Who wouldn't!? With that girl!?” Sakura reasoned. Sae, though a famous fashion designer, is also an infamous womanizer.

 

Hyewon hummed from the opposite line. “Hm. Understandable.” There was a pause, until Hyewon suggested something. “You know what, I'll leave you to yourself, and let you do whatever you want.”

 

Sakura rolled her eyes. “Wow. Thanks Kangchan,” she thanked sarcastically.

 

Hyewon chuckled. “You're welcome!” And just like that, the call ended.

 

Maru who's now eating in front of the television after pushing her bowl to the living room is eating with the remote beside the bowl (Maru can really do a lot of things without Sakura noticing).

 

[There's nothing worth watching on the television!] Maru kept scrolling through the channels until…

 

“Hey! What are you waiting for? Let’s go to Kagoshima!”

 

Sakura heard the name of the Japanese prefecture and ran over to the living room.

 

“Oi Maru-chan. Gimme dat.” She took the remote from Maru and turned up the volume.

 

[Ei~ I’m trying to get my lovely breakfast here!] Maru sulked and looked at her hooman. Sakura looked engrossed in watching the show on the television.

 

[Hm. Looks like I’ve done some miracle again, huh.] Maru took one smug glance at Sakura then returned to eating her breakfast.

 

[I’m such a genius.]

 

Sakura suddenly turned the television off and stood up immediately.

 

“Let’s go Maru-chan. Pack your bags.”

 

Maru looked up shockingly at Sakura who’s walking away to the bedroom.

 

“MEOW!?” [NANI!?]

 

-----+-----+-----

 

“Kkura~ I’m home!” Eunbi greeted as she opened the door. She’s back late, which is something she didn’t expect would happen. Well, Sae invited her to look into the new clothes she designed, and fashion is one of her interests too so… She took off her shoes and walked through the short hallway. She noticed that it was awfully quiet.

 

“Kkura? Maru-yah?” She looked around and no one comes to welcome her. She went over to their bedroom and saw nothing. No traces of anyone. She went over to their closet to take a bath first and saw that the number of clothes decreased and the suitcase was gone too.

 

“S-Sakura?” Eunbi mumbled. She suddenly felt sad. She doesn’t know why the Japanese was gone, but then remembered what she just did.

 

“Oh .” She must have taken it seriously─ She was about to panic when she thought of someone. She fumbled for her phone inside her jeans pocket and fished the phone out to dial a number.

 

“Moshi moshi.”

 

“Oh my, thank goodness you answered immediately Sashihara-san,” Eunbi sighed in relief as Sakura’s editor answered her call in a bit.

 

“Hey Eunbi! What can I do for you?” Sasshi asked.

 

“Uhm, I’m sorry for calling you at this hour but, you’re the first person I thought of,” Eunbi responded nervously.

 

“Oh? Why? Is there something wrong?” Sasshi expressed with concern.

 

“Well, I just got home here, and Sakura is gone. Maru’s not here too.”

 

“EH!?”

 

“Yeah… Can I ask if you know where she could have gone to?” Eunbi now dropped the question.

 

“Well, Sakura doesn’t have a lot of place to go to, and I can only think of one place she could have gone to, if it meant not being home yet at this hour,” Sasshi then started to give Eunbi some directions.

 

-----=====+=====-----

 

Eunbi finally arrived in Kagoshima after almost 5 hours of plane travel. She never expected this. This is on a totally different level. But for Sakura, she’d go over the sea just to find her. She followed Sasshi’s advice to go to Kagoshima Bay since the patriarch of the Miyawaki family is known to spend his day-off there, so the people there probably know the daughter too.

 

“Ohayo ojou-chan! How may I help you?” a middle-aged man welcomed her as he walked from the dock. She didn’t notice the man but instead had her eyes locked on the person she’s looking for.

 

“Sakura!?” Eunbi gasped in shock as she found Sakura holding a fishing rod and wearing a proper fishing outfit.

 

“O-oh… oh!” Sakura rolled the reel back and pulled the rod up, revealing a huge sea bass. “YATTA!” she expressed in victory.

 

Sakura turned around to see Eunbi staring at her incredulously.

 

“Hi ma'am! Welcome to Kagoshima Bay!” Sakura enthusiastically greeted the newly arrived woman, who is now confused of what she is witnessing.

 

“Uh… Sakura?” Eunbi called.

 

“Ma’am?” Sakura asked back.

 

“Sakura…” Eunbi called once again.

 

“I’m sorry ma’am but… who are you?”

 

Eunbi was taken aback by Sakura’s question.

 

“W-what are you saying…” Eunbi stared at Sakura who's looking at her as if she's a stranger.

 

“Sakura-chan!” a woman shouted as she approached the ‘couple’ who met each other here. “You got a lot of catches?” The woman slid her arm on Sakura’s waist.

 

Sakura looked at the woman beside her and smiled. “Yup. I just caught a big one.”

 

Eunbi looked at the two women in front of her. One is her lover, while the other one is acting lovey-dovey on her, right in front of her salad. She gritted her teeth in irritation, and was about to stomp her way towards the woman when she felt a shake.

 

“Ma'am?” she heard faintly. She felt someone shaking her again softly. “Ma'am?”

 

Eunbi finally opened her eyes, and saw a flight attendant in front of her.

 

Huh? It’s just a dream… Oh right… I took a plane.

 

“Ma'am? I'm sorry for interrupting your sleep, but you need to get off this aircraft as we have already arrived at our destination.”

 

Eunbi stared at her blankly. “O-oh… okay…” Whoever that woman is I’ll make sure I remember that face— grrr.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

Eunbi immediately hurried to Kagoshima Bay and saw an array of fishing boats. As soon as she got out of the taxi, she was welcomed by a middle-aged man.

 

“Ohayo ojou-chan!” the middle-aged man greeted her. She stared at him for a second and found him familiar. Oh. Déjà vu. The man stared at her expectantly. “How may I help you?”

 

“Ah. Uhm, do you perhaps know a woman named Miyawaki Sakura?” Eunbi got to the point.

 

The man lit up. “Ah, Miyawaki-sama!” Eunbi furrowed her brows. “-sama?”

 

“Uhh… yeah, Miyawaki Saku—” she was interrupted when she heard someone shouting excitedly. She slowly walked towards the shouting.

 

It's Sakura.

 

“O-oh… Ah!” After turning the reel back, Sakura pulled the rod up and revealed a huge red sea bass biting the bait. “YATTA!” she exclaimed in victory.

 

“Sakura!?” Eunbi widened her eyes at the sight. Sakura is wearing a bucket hat, with a long-sleeve polo, and a vest, with jean shorts and a pair of boots.

 

The woman Eunbi is looking at right now turned towards her after one of the men on the boat removed the fish out of the hook.

 

“Oh? Hi!” Sakura held the rod in one hand, looking like a cool fisherman. “Welcome to Kagoshima!”

 

Eunbi approached Sakura and stared at her from head to toe. “Why are you dressed like that?”

 

“Hm?” Sakura looked at herself and stared back at Eunbi. “I’m fishing, so I need to look the part. I am right now, Fisherman Kkura!”

 

She does look like the part. Wait… she looks like a fisherman─ what? Is she planning to─?

 

“Eunbi?” Sakura called her girlfriend’s attention. Eunbi pushed away those thoughts for a while and continued her questions.

 

“And you, you were suddenly gone.”

 

“Well, my Dad suddenly called and asked me to visit.”

 

“Without saying anything? Call or text?” Eunbi asked, pouting her lips.

 

“Well…” Sakura scratched her nape because of guilt.

 

“You made me worry. I’m here to take you home.” Eunbi added.

 

“Eh?” Sakura was perplexed. “But I’m not leaving until next week.”

 

“What!?”

 

“Yup. It’s actually a last-minute planned family get-together Dad arranged,” Sakura nonchalantly answered. Eunbi stood stiffly, not knowing how to react. “Would you like to stay? Since you’re already here?” Sakura waited for Eunbi to answer.

 

“I didn’t bring anything with me─”

 

“Oh I know. I’m gonna introduce you to my family!” Sakura suggested enthusiastically.

 

“A-an impromptu ‘m-meet the parents’!?!?” Eunbi seemed to have malfunctioned.

 

“Eun?” Sakura waved her hand in front of Eunbi.

 

Maru entered the scene. [What the heck is wrong with Eunbi-chan?]

 

“Eunbiiii. Yoo-hoo~”

 

“Meow!” Maru tapped Eunbi’s foot.

 

“Sakura’s girlfriend: Kwon Eunbi?” As soon as Eunbi heard the label Sakura uttered, she snapped back to reality.

 

“Yeah?” Eunbi looked at Sakura, nervous.

 

Sakura flashed a gentle smile. “Eun.” Sakura placed her hands over Eunbi’s shoulders. “It’s gonna be fine.” She squeezed her girlfriend’s shoulder in assurance. Sakura stepped back a bit. “Let’s go?” She asked, holding a hand out.

 

Eunbi loosened up and huffed one deep breath. “Okay,” she responded, taking Sakura’s hand. Sakura intertwined their fingers and squeezed her hand lightly.

 

“Maru-chan, get the bucket!” Sakura orders Maru as they’re walking away from the dock.

 

[Tss.] Maru took the bucket, biting over the handle, and started walking begrudgingly as she carried the bucket with Sakura’s only catch for the day.

 

After walking for a few minutes, Sakura opened a traditional-looking gate. When Eunbi entered, a two-story traditional house was revealed. It looks sophisticated, and the house looks quite big.

 

“Sakura… you never told me you were… rich,” Eunbi mumbled as she marveled at the house's great architecture.

 

“Not really rich Eunbi. And it's not mine, it’s my grandparents' house.”

 

They walked through a marble path. As soon as they reached the doorstep, Sakura slid the door open.

 

“Tadaima!” Sakura immediately announced that she's back.

 

Eunbi took off her shoes as Sakura did the same. They heard footsteps approaching until a woman emerged from the hallway.

 

“Saachan. You're back.” Sakura just smiled, and the woman noticed that she's not alone.

 

“Oh, you got a visitor,” the woman said as her eyes met Eunbi's. Eunbi felt nervous once again but Sakura her back reassuringly. Eunbi walked forward.

 

“O-ohayo gozaimasu. Eunbi-chan desu,” Eunbi smiled slightly and bowed. She looked back up and the woman smiled at her too.

 

“I'm Sakura's mother.” Mrs. Miyawaki introduced herself.

 

“Let's go inside. Your grandmother and brother are in the living room.” Mrs. Miyawaki walked away to lead them deeper inside. Maru-chan walked ahead of the couple and caught up with Mrs. Miyawaki.

 

Eunbi looked around and observed the hallway with different fishing rods hung around in a line.

 

“Why are you carrying the bucket, Maru-chan?” Mrs. Miyawaki chuckled and Maru stopped in her tracks. She put down the bucket and pointed her head towards the couple's hands that are intertwined together.

 

“Meow.” [They're lovey-dovey and they don't care about me.]

 

Mrs. Miyawaki looked back stealthily on her daughter and their newly arrived visitor. They're busy talking to each other while walking until they don’t realize Mrs. Miyawaki stopped and Sakura bumped into her mother.

 

“W-what the— Mom!” Mrs. Miyawaki snickered.

 

“You should pay attention to where you're walking, Sakura. You've got plenty of time with her later,” Mrs. Miyawaki said knowingly. Eunbi felt her cheeks heat up.

 

Maru grinned inwardly to herself. [Heh. Payback.]

 

-----+-----+-----

 

Mrs. Miyawaki was wrong. Sakura's alone time with Eunbi is nowhere to be found. It's already dinner time, and though they are seated for a hearty meal, Eunbi felt like being interrogated in a hot seat.

 

“So, Eunbi, how did you get here?” Mr. Miyawaki asked. Eunbi stiffened from the man's stern voice.

 

“Uhm… I went home with Sakura nowhere to be seen and some of her clothes gone and I asked your daughter's editor and told me she could be here. Sakura didn't tell me she'll leave so I thought she left me already and immediately flew all the way here.”

 

“What? My daughter here didn't tell you she'll go here?” Mr. Miyawaki asked for confirmation. Eunbi shyly nodded. Mr. Miyawaki looked at her daughter, frowning.

 

[Oops. Someone's gonna get scolded.]

 

“Sakura, why would you do that?” Her father asked questioningly.

 

“Wha— I—"

 

“Sakura? How could you do that to a frie—” Mr. Miyawaki blurted out. “Wait… Eunbi? Finding you nowhere at your house—” Mr. Miyawaki paused. “It’s not what I think it is isn't it—”

 

“Yes Dad,” Sakura huffed a breath. She took Eunbi's hand on hers and raised it up. “She's my girlfriend,” she declared bravely. Everyone, including Eunbi, stared at Sakura in shock.

 

Eunbi felt her cheeks heat up.

 

Did Sakura drop it just like that?

 

Her brother, Sosuke, just stared at them curiously. While all the adults were staring at the couple intently.

 

“Saachan, you never told me you have someone in your life already.” Her grandmother, Misaki, was the first one to break the silence.

 

Mrs. Miyawaki smiled softly and finally spoke. “I told you Sho,” she looked towards her husband's direction and grinned.

 

Mr. Miyawaki Shohei looked at the couple seriously, until he let out a hum, before continuing to eat. What does that mean?

 

The whole family was engulfed in silence, a confusingly comfortable silence, as they continued their dinner, yet Sakura felt like her father was brewing something in his mind.

 

“Kkura… your hand…” Eunbi whispered. Sakura looked at Eunbi and to her hand, which is still holding her girlfriend's hand tightly.

 

“Oh.” Sakura removed her hold on Eunbi's hand. Eunbi giggled softly and went back to her food.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

“Eunbi, you'll sleep in the guest room for tonight.”

 

Sakura was about to protest.

 

“Nah-uh, Sakura. You're not getting it.” Mr. Miyawaki raised a brow at her daughter. He then turned to Eunbi and smiled a bit. “You're a guest, so it is only proper for us to provide you with comfortable lodging.”

 

Eunbi can't do anything and just smiled. “T-thank you very much, Mr. Miyawaki.”

 

“Jaa, Eunbi-chan, I'll let you borrow Saachan's clothes. Follow me,” Mai led her to the guest room she had already prepared.

 

“A-ah Eunbi!” Sakura managed to utter. Eunbi paused on her tracks and looked back.

 

“Good night, Kkura. I'll see you tomorrow,” she said while giving her a smile.

 

“Good night Eunbi.” Sakura waved her hand and let Eunbi enter their guestroom.

 

Mr. Miyawaki cleared his throat. He's been watching his daughter and her girlfriend interact, and it's very hard to see what goes on in his mind.

 

“Dad, how could you~” Sakura whined at her father for not letting Eunbi stay with her.

 

“Why Sakura? Is there something wrong?” Shohei asked, acting clueless.

 

“Seriously Dad, you're so hard to read.” Sakura grumbled.

 

“Well, so are you.” Her father retorted.

 

Sakura caught her father's comment and was about to ask him back when he's already walking away from her.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

Sakura finished her evening routine before sleeping and entered her bed. She was reading through her latest manga update until a notification popped up on her phone.

 

EUNBI: I miss you :(

 

Sakura felt her heart flutter just from the simple message.

 

SAKURA: I miss you too :’(

 

EUNBI: I feel like we're teenagers separated by our parents.

 

Sakura chuckled at the thought.

 

SAKURA: Except that it's only my parents.

 

Eunbi stopped typing. She suddenly felt sad. She was thinking about what to reply when Sakura started calling.

 

“Hi, Eun~” Sakura appeared on the screen looking all pouty and cutie.

 

“Hello Kkura,” Eunbi giggled thinking how ridiculous this is that they're doing.

 

“We're only a few rooms away from each other but here we are video calling.” Sakura chuckled at their silliness. Eunbi could only do the same too.

 

“I'm sorry for bringing that up, Eunbi,” Sakura said apologetically.

 

Eunbi sighed, sad in the thought. “It's okay Kkura. I know I've ran away from them after having them know my uality and my dream which made them kick me out, but I’m not regretting any of that now, because I have you.” She smiled tenderly at Sakura and Sakura did the same too.

 

“I love you so much Kwon Eunbi.”

 

“I love you more Miyawaki Sakura.” Right after that, Eunbi yawned, and Sakura chuckled at the sight.

 

“You need some sleep, Eun. Get rid of the tiredness and jet-lag.”

 

Eunbi’s eyes fluttered open and pouted sadly. “But I want to hear more of your voice.”

 

“I know you need sleep Eunbi, and I want to run over there and cuddle you to dreamland but I think we need to get away from this first.” Sakura looked at her regretfully.

 

“Okay Kkura. Tomorrow should be a day where we can spend a lot of time together, right?” Eunbi asked.

 

“Of course. Good night Eunbi. Dream of me later, love you.”

 

“Good night Kkura. Let’s meet later at dreamland, love you.”

 

After the call, Eunbi tucked the blanket on her, letting the jet-lag from earlier morning be her fuel to sleep.

 

-----=====+=====-----

 

Another day starts in the Miyawaki residence. Eunbi woke up with birds chirping and the sunrays seeping through the window. She stretched her limbs, wiped the sleep away and got out of the bed, fixing the blanket and lining up the pillow orderly and finishing it neatly. She went to the bathroom to freshen up, and went out of the guestroom as soon as she finished. She arrived in the dining room with just the ladies and Sosuke present.

 

“Ara, Eunbi-chan, ohayo,” Sakura’s grandmother, Misaki greeted her.

 

“Ohayo, obaa-san.” Eunbi bowed after greeting the old woman.

 

“Onee-chan, take a seat. Breakfast is ready.” Sosuke pointed to the seat next to him which Eunbi gladly took.

 

Breakfast is finally served, but Mr. Miyawaki and Sakura are not yet there.

 

“Itadakimasu!” the Miyawaki family started digging in without even waiting for the father and daughter.

 

“Uhm, excuse me, but where is Sakura and Shohei-san?” Eunbi finally asked.

 

Mai stopped eating. “Shohei took Sakura somewhere.”

 

This time, Eunbi was wrong. Even today, it seemed that she and her girlfriend won’t have time to spend with each other.

 

Mai noticed Eunbi’s subtle sadness. “Eunbi-chan, don’t worry, Sakura’s probably having fun with her father.” Mai flashed a reassuring smile to her, before adding, “And I’ll bring you to the city later to shop for clothes.” Mrs. Miyawaki smiled with her eyes forming crescents. The mother looks a lot like her daughter. No wonder where Sakura got her looks.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

“Okay, Sakura. Just steady yourself, and be alert.” Shohei watched Sakura intently as he gave instructions on fishing.

 

“This is taking too long,” Sakura gritted her teeth as she felt antsy from waiting.

 

“Baka. You need to learn how to wait, Sakura. That’s one of the things you’ll learn from fishing.” Shohei lectured. Sakura didn’t say any word after that and just focused on fishing.

 

“By the way, are you sure about what you’ll do?” Shohei asked. “That is going to be a huge decision to make, Sakura,” Shohei asked since they are on the topic of waiting.

 

Sakura kept her stare on the water. “Of course, Dad. I want to settle down with her already. It’s been 3 years, and I think she does think the same about it.” The fishing thread suddenly showed slight movement which turned into abrupt ones, making Sakura widen her eyes.

 

“Sakura! There it is! Okay, just like what I taught you.” Shohei reminded his daughter and watched expectantly. After a few struggles with the rod, Sakura was able to pull the rod up, revealing a medium-sized red sea bass.

 

“Woah! I caught it!” Sakura exclaimed as she held the fishing line.

 

“Great job Sakura.” Her father complimented her. Sakura then started to take the fish out of the hook when Maru suddenly appeared.

 

“Meow, meow!” [Hm~ looks delicious!] Maru started to jump lightly around the bucket, eyeing the fish ready to devour it.

 

“Oi Maru-chan. Yamete yo. You can't eat this,” Sakura scolded Maru, taking the bucket away somewhere else.

 

“Let's go back to the dock for a while Sakura,” Shohei commanded. Sakura immediately went to the steering wheel and steered the boat back to the dock.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

“Eunbi-chan, let's hurry. Those two might be starving already.” Mai went to the doorstep and wore her shoes. Eunbi is already ready and so she opens the door for them and closes it, following Mrs. Miyawaki who's gone ahead a bit.

 

They walked briskly through the warm morning of the town, to the docks of Kagoshima Bay. They finally arrived on one of the docks when Mai saw their boat approaching.

 

“Anata (dear!)!” Mai waved her arm up, which immediately caught the attention of Shohei.

 

Eunbi watched the boat sail closer when she saw Sakura driving it. gaped apart as she saw Sakura driving it coolly, with her bob hair flowing through the wind. Sakura parked it cleanly, and they got off the boat with Shohei approaching them first.

 

“How's fishing?” Mai asked.

 

Shohei shrugged his shoulders. “It's fine. Sakura's getting better.” Shohei turned to Sakura and flashed a proud look on his face.

 

“Woah, really Sakura? If you're getting better, don't tell me you'd even switch professions, huh,” Mai joked.

 

“What!? Of course not, Mom. I'm just trying what Dad has been bugging me to try ever since.”

 

“Oh right! We cooked some lunch for the two of you.” Mai handed the lunch box to Shohei. Sakura looked at her parents with Mai acting sweetly to her husband.

 

“Kkura-yah.”

 

Sakura felt her sleeves being tugged by someone. She looked away from her parents and found Eunbi handing a lunch box too, followed by a can of cola.

 

Sakura brightened up at the sight of her favorite cola. “Thank you, Eun,” she thanked the older woman, flashing a sweet smile.

 

“You’re always welcome, Kkura.” Eunbi smiled at her too. “Oh, let me─” Eunbi raised her hand holding a handkerchief, and used it to wipe Sakura’s forehead. Sakura watched her girlfriend as she’s busy wiping the sweat off her forehead. Right after that, Sakura stole a quick kiss on Eunbi’s forehead which surprised the shorter girl. She jokingly hit Sakura on her chest with the mangaka suppressing her laughter in a wide grin. Eunbi looked carefully around her and caught a glance of Sakura’s parents talking. She faced Sakura and tip-toed quickly and gave Sakura a peck on the lips. Sakura was left dumbfounded. Eunbi giggled at Sakura’s reaction until their moment was once again interrupted with someone clearing their throat. It was Mrs. Miyawaki this time.

 

The young couple looked at them like deer caught in headlights.

 

“Uhm, Eunbi-chan—” Mrs. Miyawaki smiled, her lips curving upwards and eyes forming crescents— “it's time for us to go,” she said in a subtly teasing tone.

 

Eunbi realized she was clutching onto the sleeve of Sakura's long-sleeve shirt near her hand and let go hurriedly. “Hai,” she responded and the couple looked at each other again.

 

“See you later, Eun.”

 

“See you later, Kkura.” Eunbi smiled before turning to walk away. After a few steps, she felt another surge of courage overwhelm her. I don't care if they already saw us kiss, I want to add this up. She turned back briefly and yelled, “I love you!” with a flying kiss.

 

Sakura was surprised at Eunbi's boldness in front of her parents. Eunbi… Before Eunbi turned back to look at where they're going, Sakura responded with one quick sentence. “Love you too, Eun!” she yelled as she waved her hand lightly bidding them goodbye.

 

The father-daughter duo waited for them to disappear, with Sakura watching Eunbi walk with her mother is a cute scene for her to see.

 

“Ehem.”

 

Sakura rolled her eyes. She didn't need to see who it is so she just turned around to walk back to their boat when she realized something, halting her in her tracks.

 

“Where's Maru-chan?” she asked no one in particular as she stood frozen.

 

“Maybe she’s already feasting on our catches. We left her there for too long,” Shohei responded after catching up with his daughter.

 

“Oh no. Yabai.” Sakura ran as fast as she could back to their boat.

 

Maru-chan, you've been left out in the scenes again, right? I know it's your name on the title so…

 

Where's Maru-chan?

 

[Grandpa Shohei really letting me stay here, huh.] Maru roamed around the boat like a boss.

 

[Gotcha!] Maru finally found the bucket full of fish. She reached for the lid of the bucket and stood up, knocking the bucket off until it tumbled down.

 

[Hm~ looks delicious already!] Maru her lips before going inside the bucket to dig through Sakura and Shohei's catches that morning.

 

[Ooh~ the perfect catch for me!] She finally found a fish she wants to eat and started to bite on it.

 

[U-umai!] Her eyes sparkled in a newfound taste of freshness. [I could eat this all day. No more store-bought cat food! I'm so fed up eating those.] She continued to munch on the fish, expertly (though this is her first time eating it) taking the bones and the gut out until…

 

“MARU-CHAN!!!” Sakura ran over to the bucket and grabbed its handle to stand it back up.

 

[Oop—] Maru flipped over inside the bucket. [W-what the— Oh .] (Maru-chan… language :<) Maru found herself lying over on top of some fishes, with a few covering her, her limbs stretched out and her eyes widened in shock, realizing who just arrived.

 

“What did I tell you Maru-chan?” Sakura's deadpan face came into view from the lid of the bucket. Maru still looked shocked. Her eyes seemed to have been bigger than they can already be.

 

“Meow.” Maru could only squeak out with a chunk of fish she was about to eat that fell off from .

 

“Seriously Maru-chan,” Sakura uttered exasperatingly. She took Maru out of the bucket and had her stand back up on the floor. “You can't eat these Maru!” she scolded her cat, bending down with her hands on her waist.

 

Maru’s head hung low. [It looks delicious. And cats should eat fish.]

 

As if Sakura just read Maru's mind, she added, “What if these got some parasites? These are not even cleaned yet. You might get an infection!”

 

Shohei walked over to them.

 

“C'mon, it's just a fish, they're naturally accustomed to them, let her eat it.”

 

“But Dad! She's not used to it,” she retorted. She turned away and went to the water hose hookup. She pulled it towards Maru and carried her from her belly on one hand, extending her arm away from the interior of the boat to prevent flooding, then sprayed the water all over Maru's body.

 

[Ack—] Maru squinted her eyes from the pressure of the water coming from the hose.

 

After spraying Maru with water, Sakura instructed, “Shake the water off,” sounding serious. Maru obliged. Sakura dried her off further with a dry towel. Still carrying Maru, she walked towards the exit of the boat.

 

“Where are you going Sakura?” Shohei asked the girl with a hint of worry.

 

“I'll go to the vet to have her checked.”

 

“Meow!” Maru exclaimed, terrified upon hearing the word “vet”. [YADA! Ahhhh Mommy Eunbi help T^T]

 

“No Eunbi to help you today, Maru. You're stuck with me,” Sakura said in a low tone.

 

“I'll come with you Sakura.” Shohei followed his daughter out of their boat and asked someone to watch it over for them. They walked to the vet not far from the bay.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

Eunbi and Mai finally arrived at one of the biggest malls in Kagoshima.

 

“Okay, Eunbi-chan, let's start shopping!” Mai pulled Eunbi with her towards a fashion boutique. Eunbi almost yelped because of how excited the mother is but it made her smile unconsciously.

 

“Eunbi-chan! Try this one!” Mai started showing different types of tops. Eunbi scanned around them, and somehow felt shy as it looked like Mrs. Miyawaki would treat her for their shopping spree.

 

“Eunbi,” Mrs. Miyawaki called the younger woman softly. Eunbi turned to look at the woman, who's looking endearingly at her. Mai held Eunbi's arm lightly. “Don't feel shy around me, hm? I'm just glad I’ve got someone to shop with,” she chuckled, and started to roam around the shop more, with Eunbi trailing behind her.

 

“Sakura hates shopping and every time I'd try to dress her up, she hates it.” Eunbi laughed at Mrs. Miyawaki's remark.

 

Eunbi followed it up with her own testimony. “You're definitely right, Mai-san. I have no choice but to drag her around anywhere I go cause if I don't, she might just sit somewhere and wait for me playing with her lovely—” she rolled her eyes— “game console she adores so much.”

 

Mai nodded her head enthusiastically. “Right?” she expressed, feeling her daughter's girlfriend's sentiment. “And when I had a son after her, she played so much with him they vibe so well together, so this lady right here doesn't have anyone to share her hobbies with,” Mrs. Miyawaki pouted. “So, don’t be shy anymore and hang out with me freely, okay?” Mrs. Miyawaki asked, looking at Eunbi expectantly.

 

Eunbi nodded firmly. “Hai, Mai-san.”

 

“What ‘Mai-san’ are you saying, Eunbi-chan?” Mai waved her hand once dismissively. “Call me okaa-chan!” she added with joy. Eunbi stared at her for a few seconds. “Hm?” Mai tilted her head to the side slightly, expecting for the girl to respond.

 

“A-alright… okaa… chan.”

 

“Say it again, Eunbi!” Mai told her in an inviting tone. Eunbi gained more confidence and smiled.

 

“Yes, okaa-chan,” Eunbi finally said, feeling more natural and comfortable.

 

The shopping continued, and Eunbi was prompted to try lots of clothes. Throughout the whole shopping, Eunbi felt something blooming in her heart, something heartwarming. Perhaps because of motherly affection?

 

“Oh! Okaa-chan, this one would definitely look good on you!” Eunbi took a white blouse from the clothes rack and showed it to Mrs. Miyawaki.

 

“Wow Eunbi-chan, you’ve got good eyes in fashion!” Mai complimented as she held the clothes by its hanger, looking at it through the mirror as she covered her top with it. “Since you suggested this, I’ll get this one!” Mai smiled gratefully.

 

“Now, Eunbi, try this on.” Mai handed her a light, floral dress. Eunbi took it and entered the fitting room. After a few minutes, Eunbi swept the curtain away and showed herself to Mai.

 

“How do I look, okaa-chan?” Eunbi twirled around once, making the hem of the dress flow lightly from the action.

 

Mai gasped, clasping her hands dramatically, and looked at Eunbi from head to toe, and back up again before finally saying, “Eunbi-chan… you look so good! Beautiful. Gorgeous. Amazing!”

 

Eunbi felt her cheeks blush from the compliment. “Thank you, okaa-chan.”

 

Mai chuckled at the girl in front of her getting shy from the compliments. “You look perfect, Eunbi-chan. Now, let’s get this piece!” Eunbi went back inside the fitting room and changed back to her original clothes. They paid for the clothes they shopped, with Mrs. Miyawaki paying for everything.

 

After the fashion boutique, they decided to take a break and went to a nearby café inside the mall.

 

“So Eunbi-chan, how did Saachan and you meet?” Mai asked as she took a bite of her muffin. Eunbi paused on taking a bite of her macarons.

 

“My apartment unit is in front of hers, and then while I was moving my boxes inside of my house, I heard a scratching on my door and when I opened it, Maru-chan was there. Apparently, her yarn ball accidentally rolled towards my open door, and then when Sakura tried to take her back to her apartment, she scratched Sakura and then I tended to her wound. Since then, we would meet up in the café I’m working in where she’s also a regular, and, well, the rest is history.” Eunbi finished telling her story and drank her iced coffee. You can read the rest okaa-chan. It’s titled, Matchmaker Maru-chan on AFF. (pardon me for the shameless plug ksksksks)

 

“Oh~ so Maru-chan was the one who definitely let your paths cross,” Mai commented.

 

“Well, I guess so. That cat might be Kkura’s cupid. They’re partners in crime too.” Eunbi retorted as if she’s a little bit jealous of the cat.

 

“Are you getting jealous, Eunbi? But I agree with you. Also, having the cat with her made her life more like a hermit.” Mai laughed at her own comment. Eunbi couldn’t agree more. They continued to eat and talked about girl stuff, and also random things. After clearing their plates and their drinks, Mai decided to say something to Eunbi.

 

“Eunbi,” Mai called the younger girl seriously.

 

“Yes, okaa-chan?”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“For what, okaa-chan?”

 

“For being with Sakura.” Mai shifted on her seat slightly and took the last sip of her hot tea. “I have to admit, when she said she wanted to be a mangaka, we opposed it at first, especially her father. We’re both doctors, and my husband wanted her to take the same path, or at least something professional other than that. The first years after she started pursuing it were filled with uncertainty, but she never gave up. I saw how hard she’s working, so I eventually decided on finally coming to terms with what she wants. It’s her dream after all, and she succeeded in it, so I’m proud of her. To have her finally found someone who will support her no matter what, with no reservations, I’m very grateful she got you, Eunbi. I had the hunch she’s different from other girls when she was younger, but I just wanted her to be happy, and live freely. Thank you so much Eunbi for giving her more than the love that we gave her back then. You embraced her everything with pure love.” Mai smiled gratefully. Eunbi has been holding back the tears throughout Mai’s thoughtful words, but she couldn’t take it anymore and finally broke down into tears.

 

“Eh? Eunbi-chan?” Mai asked Eunbi, filled with worry.

 

“I should be the one to thank you okaa-chan,” Eunbi said between sniffles. She wiped her tears with the back of her palm and continued. “Thank you for raising such a wonderful person. I myself thought that I don’t deserve her for how much she loves me. I mean, when I opened up about my uality and my dream to my family, they straight up threw hateful words at me and kicked me out of our house and our family for good. Ever since then I lived with only myself to hold on to, and when I met Kkura, she indeed showed me what love is, and I felt happier since. And you, Mai-okaa-chan, you even have me call you ‘mom’ when I’m just a mere stranger you met yesterday but you accepted me into your home with open arms.” Eunbi cried again. “Thank you so, so much, okaa-chan.”

 

“Aww… Eunbi…” Mai cooed and stood up from her seat, and scooted over Eunbi’s side, and hugged the younger woman. Eunbi bawled her eyes out and hugged the mother tightly as if she’s her own. Mai gave gentle on the girl’s back as if Eunbi is her own daughter. Well, Eunbi will most definitely be her daughter in the near future, right? After a few more minutes of crying, Eunbi and Mai broke away from the hug. Mai stared at Eunbi tenderly, cupping her cheeks and wiping the tears with both of her thumbs.

 

“You’re already my daughter, Eunbi-chan,” Mai uttered lovingly, having gained a new daughter. Eunbi smiled, delighted that she gained a new mother.

 

“Now, let’s end this already, and have you undergo a transformation!” Mai said excitingly, leading them to a beauty salon Mai is a regular in.

 

“Atsuko-chan, please make Eunbi-chan prettier!” Mai made a request to her friend, who’s also her favorite hairdresser. Eunbi is already seated on the chair a little bit nervous since she asked for a short-length haircut.

 

“Don’t worry Mai-san, she’s in good hands.” Atsuko started working on her next masterpiece which is Eunbi. Mai decided to wait by the waiting area and killed time by reading a magazine inside. More than half an hour passed, Atsuko started to work on Eunbi’s face with light make-up.

 

“Eh? Atsuko-san? What are you doing?” Eunbi asked curiously.

 

“I’m applying make-up,” Atsuko murmured as she busies herself with the mascara. “Don’t worry, this is on the house.” After working on the mascara, she stepped back away for a bit, staring at her newly finished masterpiece. She smirked. “Whoever has your heart, young woman, will definitely fall in love with you all over again,” she uttered confidently, followed by a wink. Eunbi felt heat crept up her cheeks. “Okay, to finish that off, let’s get you changed with some clothes. Don’t peek on the mirror Eunbi-chan!” Atsuko walked towards Mai to search through their new purchases and found a set that’ll totally suit Eunbi’s new hairstyle. Atsuko came back to Eunbi who had her eyes closed shut and pulled her towards the fitting room in the beauty salon, which was there for special occasions. Eunbi changed into the clothes Atsuko chose from her and Mai’s shopping spree earlier.

 

“I’m done Atsuko-san!” Eunbi went out of the fitting room. Atsuko and Mai were talking when Eunbi went out.

 

“Yeah, it was such a great— wow…” Atsuko trailed off as she halted the conversation and turned to look at Eunbi from head to toe.

 

“You look amazing, Eunbi-chan!” Mai exclaimed. “You should see yourself in the mirror.”

 

Atsuko led Eunbi to a full-body mirror. Eunbi looked at herself through the mirror. She's well aware that she's beautiful and gorgeous, but she never thought she could see a new side of herself.

 

“Do you like it?” Atsuko asked. Eunbi is currently wearing a ¾ long sleeve, white crop top, topped with a black denim overall crop top and wide-legged black denim jeans with sneakers.

 

“I love it…” Eunbi murmured as she still can't believe how good this new look is on her.

 

Atsuko chuckled at the young woman’s reaction. “I told you Mai.”

 

“I know you are the best Atsuko-chan.” The two friends gave each other a high-five.

 

“Now Eunbi, this whole transformation is not done if we don't do some photoshoot!” Mai suggested, which led them to an impromptu photoshoot in the fire exit inside the beauty salon.

 

“YES EUNBI-CHAN, THAT POSE IS TOTALLY LIT!” Atsuko exclaimed as she took some shots with Mai's phone.

 

“Your angle here on my position looks good Eunbi-chan!” Mai mused as she too takes photos with Eunbi's phone.

 

Eunbi continued striking some poses and even went back to the salon to shoot herself some close-up selfies. While browsing through her photos, she's already curious how Sakura would react to her new hair-do.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

“You don't have anything to worry about, Sakura. Fortunately, Maru's perfectly fine.” The doctor finally declared after a series of tests.

 

[Whoo. Thank goodness to myself.] Maru sighed in relief inwardly and stared at Sakura with her puppy (cat) eyes. Sakura seemed to have noticed her cat's stare and returned it with a brief glare.

 

“But still, it's dangerous, right?” Sakura looked back to the doctor with a worried expression.

 

[Eye—] Maru gawked at how Sakura acted all good to the doctor while she looked angry at her.

 

“Cats are naturally fine with fishes as it's a great source of protein, but not raw ones as they have an enzyme that can destroy the Vitamin B in cats which can cause damage to their health. You can feed them canned ones, or cooked, tuna, sardines, or salmon. If you’re really worried, just check her out throughout the evening if there are any changes with her.”

 

“Thank you so much, sensei.”

 

Sakura and Shohei finally left the veterinary clinic, with Maru trailing off behind them like a child who was denied of her toy. They went back to their boat and sat on their foldable camping chairs with Shohei opening the lunchbox his wife gave him.

 

“Sakura.” Shohei tapped Sakura's arm with the lunchbox Eunbi gave her earlier. Sakura took it, feeling tired from all the ruckus Maru did.

 

[I must’ve made Sakuchan worry so much.] Maru thought as she observed Sakura.

 

Sakura opened the lunchbox and felt her heart swell in happiness. There were slices of kimbap and rolled omelets. As soon as she took a piece of kimbap, she immediately recognized that it was indeed Eunbi's cooking. She closed her eyes in bliss and hummed in delight.

 

“Meow.” Sakura looked down and saw Maru leaning towards her, her cat’s forelimbs paws almost on her knees.

 

Sakura cut a small piece of the rolled omelet and held it out on her palm. “Do you promise you won’t do that again, Maru-chan?” Sakura asked, eager for the cat’s answer.

 

“Meow,” Maru responded in a beat.

 

“Alright.” Sakura showed her palm in front of Maru and Maru took the rolled omelet with and munched on it with gusto.

 

Sakura smiled and the irritation finally melted out of her system from Maru’s cuteness. “Good girl, Maru-chan,” she complimented, petting Maru’s head as the cat savors the omelet. Sakura carried Maru in both of her hands and raised her up.

 

“You made me worry so much, Maru-chan.” Sakura pouted. “Don’t do that ever again, hm?” Sakura looked into Maru’s eyes with genuine concern.

 

[I hate to say this, but I love you Sakuchan.] “Meow!” Maru responded positively.

 

“Ahhhhh kawaiiii!” Sakura brought Maru close to her face and rubbed their noses against each other. Maru cooed happily from the gesture. Another rare moment of Maru being showy of her feelings. Sakura eventually prepared a serving of cat food for Maru and the father-daughter duo finished the rest of their food in silence. They decided to drive towards the middle of the sea, but not too far away from the docks, and just enjoyed the view of Mt. Sakurajima with a can of beer each.

 

“You know what Sakura, I never thought I would be able to do this with you.” Shohei broke the silence. They kept their eyes on the volcano as Shohei continued to speak. “I know I've been particularly hard on you while you were growing up, but that's just because you are my first-born and you're my daughter. I may have been against some of your major decisions in life back then, but seeing how you are doing right now, makes me so happy and relieved that you've got everything you have right now.” Sakura turned to look at her father with a soft expression. Shohei also turned to look at Sakura. “I can see you are already content with your life, but one thing I know can make it better, much happier, is this.” Shohei took something out of his pocket and showed it to Sakura.

 

Sakura was in awe of what Shohei showed her. A box, with a Sakura diamond ring inside. She observed the ring and saw a small cherry blossom flower inside the diamond. The box is not ordinary either. Though in the classic red color, there is an embroidery of cherry blossoms in its surrounding. One can tell it was custom-made.

 

“Your grandfather had this made for your grandmother when he proposed. He noticed Mom loving the view of Mt. Sakurajima, and would take her to boat rides like this. He proposed in a park overseeing the volcano. When it was my turn to propose to your mother, I knew I had to do it in a park where the cherry blossoms were in their full bloom. Your mother loved it so much, and you were born in Spring when the cherry blossoms bloomed, so you coming into our lives meant opening a new season for us. A new beginning. That's why you’re ‘Sakura’.”

 

Sakura stared at him, amazed at his stories. She took the box from his hand and kept it in her own pocket.

 

“Thank you for this, Otou-chan.”

 

“Anything for my lovely girl,” Shohei responded warmly. “Right, as a family coming from a clan of fishermen, you know what to do, Sakura,” Shohei smirked knowingly.

 

“I'll definitely make sure I catch her ‘yes' with this, Dad.” Sakura returned the smirk confidently.

 

Shohei laughed heartily in his deep voice. “That's a Miyawaki!” He mused. They clinked their canned beers and drank more in happiness and excitement for Sakura's proposal.

 

“Dad, thank you.” Sakura suddenly said.

 

“Hm? For what?” Shohei asked as he sipped his beer.

 

“I initially came here on my own accord. All of you were shocked that I suddenly came home, but you never asked anything.”

 

Shohei chuckled. “That look on your face when you came home, was something we never saw. Your mom even told me she bets it's a love thing, and she's right.”

 

“I never asked for the fishing lessons, but you pushed me and dragged me here only to leave me until I caught my first catch,” Sakura pouted. “But thank you, otou-chan.” She smiled, grateful.

 

“I don't know anything to teach you other than fishing, Sakura. As a doctor, it's therapeutic and full of value and heart in it.”

 

“You’ve taught me a lot other than that Dad,” Sakura assured. They continued their conversation with fishing tips until Sakura heard a notification popping out of her phone.

 

“Wait Dad I’ll just look through this notification.” Sakura excused herself for a while. She opened her phone and saw that it is Eunbi who posted something on her IG account. She opened her phone and couldn’t believe her eyes from what she’s seeing.

 

 

This woman, really… You caught me falling once again Ms. Kwon Eunbi. Sakura grinned widely with Eunbi’s caption. She knows what she needs to do and comments something in return. She kept on staring at her phone with lovestruck eyes.

 

“Oi. Sakura.” Shohei elbowed Sakura on her arm. “If you want to catch up with her, get off your phone and start driving back to the dock.”

 

Sakura widened her eyes in realization and jumped off her seat to the steering wheel.

 

She ran to their house for an appropriate change of clothes that can match her girlfriend's outfit. The sun's almost setting and she needs to go to where Eunbi is A.S.A.P.

 

2 new messages

 

MAMA

Left Eunbi in the mall entrance.

You know what to do ;)

 

Sakura immediately went downstairs and out of the house when she realized she didn’t have her own ride.

 

“Oops I forgot to—”

 

“Here Sakura.” Shohei tossed his car keys which Sakura almost missed.

 

“Arigatou otou-chan!” Sakura yelled as she went to their driveway for the car and finally drove away after a few minutes.

 

[Eh? SAKUCHAN LEFT WITHOUT ME!?] Maru realized after hurrying to get outside.

 

“Meow!” Maru meowed, disappointed at Sakura for actually not considering her to come with her. [MIYAWAKI SAKURA! I ALREADY SAID IT THAT IT'S MY NAME ON THE TITLE!] Maru felt devastated. [My precious screen time (a/n: this is not a movie) T^T]

 

“Maru-chan.” Maru immediately turned back to see who called her. It was Misaki, Sakura's grandmother.

 

“Third-wheeling, hm?” Misaki asked.

 

“Meow.” [I must see what they're doing.]

 

Misaki laughed softly at her granddaughter's pet. “Go ahead. I think you know where to go,” she said knowingly and winked.

 

“Meow!” she responded like a soldier being commanded by the captain. She ran away out to the streets and began her journey to find her owner.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

Eunbi has been waiting for Mrs. Miyawaki for more than an hour.

 

“Mai-okaa-chan told me to wait here… I don’t know where else to go if she doesn’t come to pick me up…” Eunbi muttered to herself. Mai just asked her to wait here because she forgot to buy something very quickly, but it seemed that Mai’s meaning of ‘quickly’ is something incredibly longer than an hour, is it?

 

“Okaa-chan must be having trouble somewhere I should call her─” Eunbi was about to dial a number when she heard a sound of the car engine getting nearer and looked up, finding a black sedan approaching her. The car pulled over in front of her, and the door of the driver seat opened, revealing a chic-looking Sakura wearing an oversized ACDC shirt tucked in on her denim jeans.

 

“Mom told me you could use a ride?” Sakura asks as she approaches Eunbi in a cool manner.

 

Eunbi found this quirky and chuckled at Sakura’s silliness. “Yah Kkura, why are you acting so cool today?”

 

Sakura shrugged. “Well… of course I need to look good for my baby too.”

 

“Aww,” Eunbi cooed lovingly at Sakura’s reply.

 

“Before I even forget─” Sakura straightened up and smiled─ “you look great with your new hair, Eun.” She walked to the door of the passenger’s seat. “Now, are you ready for a ride, Kwon Eunbi-san?” She asked, her hand gesturing for the door, while she uses her elbow to lean on the car.

 

Eunbi snickered. “Of course, Miyawaki-san.” Sakura opened the door for Eunbi and Eunbi hopped in the car. Sakura walked to the driver’s side and opened the door before finally hopping in.

 

“What did you mean ‘before you forget’ Sakura? You mean you’d forget complimenting me for this?” Eunbi asked as she gestured to her new transformation.

 

“Who wouldn’t forget? When this certain Kwon Eunbi would just allure a certain someone, really getting that certain someone reeled in in a trance by her beauty,” Sakura smoothly answered.

 

Eunbi hissed at how smooth Sakura answered. “Geez Kkura, who taught you that kind of thing? You were never greasy!”

 

Sakura answered indifferently. “No one. Maybe it’s the fishing? I get to catch some tricks here and there.” Sakura winked despite struggling in doing so.

 

“Oh my gosh Kkura, I’m not used to this! Oh─ ah my neck hurts! Greasy!” Eunbi started acting, holding her nape with a hand as if it hurts.

 

“Well, you need to get used to it from now on,” Sakura retorted. Eunbi stopped from her act and looked at Sakura seriously.

 

“What did you say?” Eunbi asked.

 

“Nothing! Let’s go!” Sakura started the car engine, leaving Eunbi hanging with the question. “From now on?” Is it what I am thinking?

 

Sakura started driving off to somewhere, with light music accompanying a relaxing cold night. They didn’t take more than half an hour and finally arrived at Shiroyama Park overseeing Mt. Sakurajima. They got off and found a bench where they can sit so that they can eat the take-out they bought on the way here.

 

-----+-----+------

 

Now, where is Maru?

 

Ah, she’s currently riding a tram to the mall where Eunbi and Mai shopped in. The passengers are staring at her in wonder.

 

[It’s just me, everyone. Don’t bother and mind your own businesses.]

 

Well, who wouldn’t look at you, Maru? You’re a cat. Riding the tram alone.

 

When the tram finally arrived at the station near the mall, Maru got off.

 

[Okay, where to go?] Maru looked around her surroundings and realized one thing. [You stupid cat. You never pay enough attention to details!] Maru scolded herself. Between the two choices she mentally noted, there is only one plausible answer.

 

She started her journey once again to find the couple.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

“Eun, try this one!” Sakura took a piece of a popular Kagoshima delicacy and fed it to her girlfriend's mouth.

 

“Hm! This is so good!” Eunbi exclaimed as the flavors started to have a party inside .

 

“Glad you like it, Eun,” Sakura smiled as she can see her girlfriend enjoying the local food they've been sharing together.

 

Should I try it out now? Sakura started thinking of her first move. She looked down and noticed Eunbi's shoelaces loosened from its ties. Chance! Sakura mentally prepared herself before starting her act.

 

“Oh, Eunbi, you got your shoelaces loosened.” Sakura pointed out Eunbi's shoes.

 

“Hm? Oh let me—”

 

“No, I'll do it,” Sakura cut her off and stood up from the bench before kneeling down on one knee to fix Eunbi's shoelaces.

 

Eunbi watched Sakura do this until Sakura finished.

 

“Eunbi,” Sakura called as she looked up to her girlfriend.

 

Eunbi looked at Sakura before answering. “Yes?”

 

Sakura took a moment before asking, “Will you…”

 

Eunbi’s heart rate started to quicken. OMG Eunbi, is Sakura gonna do it now? She remained her stare at Sakura's eyes, full of anticipation, until Sakura finally ended it with, “go with me to a date by the bay tomorrow?”

 

Eunbi felt disappointment wash over her whole being. “What?” She wasn't able to prevent slipping out of . She just couldn't believe she started to assume things already.

 

“I said will you—”

 

“Meow!”

 

Sakura was startled by that familiar meow. The couple both turned their head in the direction of the sound and found Maru standing a few feet away from them.

 

[Stop the proposal!] Maru trudged her way towards Sakura who's still kneeling in front of Eunbi. Maru went to Sakura's back and started to bite onto Sakura's shirt, trying to pull her away from Eunbi.

 

“W-what are you doing Maru-chan?” Sakura asked her cat.

 

“Grrrrr,” Maru growled as she struggled to pull Sakura's weight. [Just come with meeee.]

 

Sakura knows she couldn't do anything with this forceful side of Maru so she just gave in to her cat. “Okay, okay, where do you want to go,” Sakura whined as she stood up. Maru then bit the hem of Sakura's jeans next.

 

“I'm sorry Eun, I'd just have to deal with this grumpy kitty for a sec,” Sakura smiled at Eunbi apologetically.

 

“Sure Kkura,” Eunbi answered softly with a smile, a response that is secretly laced with disappointment.

 

Sakura smiled once again apologetically before following where Maru's going. Eunbi watched the partners-in-crime walk a little bit far from their bench and stared at Sakura's back with a deadpan expression. “Stop assuming, Eunbi,” she grumbled to herself. She crossed her arms and looked away from them, upset for thinking of it.

 

Once Maru thought that their distance away from Eunbi was enough, she stopped and looked up at Sakura.

 

[You got a lot of explaining to do, Sakuchan.]

 

“What do you think you're doing Maruuuu!?” Sakura asked in a hushed whisper.

 

“Meow.” [You need to stop the proposal.] Maru responded nonchalantly.

 

“If you're saying I should stop the proposal, I didn't do it,” Sakura said in a beat.

 

[Oh.] “Meow?” Maru tilted her head to one side.

 

Sakura crouched down and put a hand beside her lips as if about to tell a secret where their lives depend on it.

 

“I'm just teasing her.” Sakura giggled with her plan.

 

Maru smirked at her owner's naughtiness. [Damn. Sakuchan got some tricks up her sleeves, huh.]

 

Unbeknownst to them, Eunbi turned her head on their way to check them out for a second, finding Sakura suspicious.

 

“What is it that they're talking about!?” Eunbi whispered to herself, annoyed that she can't make up of anything out of their actions. She decided not to bother herself with it and just looked away again. Don't bother, Eunbi.

 

Back to Sakura and Maru.

 

“Okay, Maru-chan?” Sakura asked. She lowered a hand down and showed its palm in front of Maru as she remained crouching down.

 

Maru stood up a little, as she gave Sakura her paw in a high-five. “Meow,” she uttered determinedly.

 

“Now let's go back to Eunbi-chan.” Sakura and Maru turned their way back to their bench and found Eunbi crossing her arms and her head turned away to the opposite side.

 

“Alright! Let's continue eating!” Sakura hopped towards Eunbi's direction. “Oh? What do you say, Eun? Are you up for tomorrow?” she kneeled down and looked up at Eunbi.

 

Hold it in, Eunbi. Eunbi smiled softly and finally answered, “Hm. Sure.”

 

Sakura smiled widely and got back to her seat excitedly. “Okay! Tomorrow's a date!” Sakura said with anticipation. Eunbi saw how excited Sakura was and felt her irritation gone by the second. But still, Eunbi. You're still annoyed at that almost moment earlier, okay? Okay.

 

They continued eating, with Sakura feeding Eunbi, and Maru joining in on the scene, freely third wheeling on the couple. [Heh. For me, this is the best date they ever had. Free food!] Despite that, the cat also felt Eunbi's hidden feelings. [Which makes me the best cat Sakuchan could ever have!]

 

Oh Maru-chan, try searching online, other cats know how to too. But shhhh!

 

After eating, they just looked at the scenery in front of them, which is the most active volcano in Japan, Mt. Sakurajima.

 

The ride back home was quiet, with only the cool breeze of Kagoshima hitting against the car accompanying them. Maru had herself lie down on Eunbi's lap, while the woman would give her gentle from time to time.

 

After finally arriving back at the Miyawaki Residence, Sakura, Eunbi, and Maru are welcomed by the rest of the Miyawakis.

 

“Oh, you're back, the two of you,” Shohei said as he saw the two emerging from the hallway entrance.

 

“What did you guys do? Did something happen?” Mai asked excitedly.

 

Eunbi took the chance to answer first. “Nothing really, okaa-chan,” Eunbi smiled, trying to not sound bitter. “We just ate in Shiroyama Park and looked at the volcano, which was a relaxing sight to see at night.”

 

Mai must have noticed Eunbi's tone and looked at Sakura. Sakura caught her mother's stare at her and looked like the two are having a staring competition.

 

“What did you do, Saachan!?”

 

“What!? Nothing Mom!”

 

Mai raised one of her brows subtly.

 

Sakura's corner of her lips twitched before answering. “I just asked her out for a date tomorrow by the bay, that's all.”

 

“Well, if you're going for a boat ride tomorrow, better take a rest now, you two,” Shohei advised.

 

“Eunbi, wanna sleep and cuddle with me?” Sakura asked, expecting her girlfriend to say yes because of how much they missed each other since last night. But Eunbi seemed to differ.

 

“Uhm, no thanks, Sakura. I'll sleep by myself in the guest room,” Eunbi answered coldly. She turned to Sakura's parents and grandmother. “Good night, Misaki-san, Shohei-san, and… Mai-okaa-chan,” Eunbi mumbled the last part and bowed her head before disappearing from the scene by going upstairs.

 

Eunbi slowly walked upstairs until she saw Sosuke going out of his room.

 

“Oh, Eunbi nee-chan! How's… the date?” Sosuke muttered the last part softly as he saw how Eunbi is looking in a bad mood.

 

Eunbi decided to spill one sentence to Sakura's brother as she doesn't really know where to pour out her frustration to.

 

“Kkura is such a huge baka,” Eunbi said grumpily and crossed her arms, turning her head away from Sosuke, and walked out towards the guest room.

 

Sosuke was left alone dumbfounded. “Wow. Saku-nee… tsk tsk,” He mumbled to himself as he walked down the stairs aiming for the kitchen.

 

They heard the door of the guest room close and all the adults of the Miyawaki household darted their eyes to Sakura questioningly. They pulled Sakura towards the living room and pushed her to sit down on a couch, while the three of them sat on the sofa in a line.

 

“W-what is it?” Sakura asked nervously.

 

“You. What did you do, huh?” Mai asked her daughter. Sakura scratched the back of her head.

 

“Well… I thought I'd do it now but I…” Sakura trailed off.

 

“Answers, my child. We need answers,” Misaki pressed on the question.

 

Sakura looked at them one by one who's looking at her with furrowed brows and curious ears. Sakura sighed before finally answering. “I kneeled down and asked her… for a boat date.”

 

All of their eyes widened in shock. “You did what!?”

 

“SHHHH! Quiet down, guys!” Sakura shushed them out.

 

“You did whaaaaat!?!?” They asked again in hushed whispers.

 

“Ugh.” Sakura groaned from their corny behavior and face palmed herself.

 

“Why did you do that?” Shohei asked seriously.

 

“Well… I don't know… isn’t it more thrilling to a bit?” Sakura responded, unsure.

 

“What the heck Saku-nee, that's not manly!” Sosuke suddenly butted in after coming from the kitchen holding a canned soda.

 

“I'm not even a man, Sou-chan,” Sakura retorted, rolling her eyes.

 

“Ey, I'm sure you get the point, nee-chan!” Sosuke spat back. He leaned towards the sofa and whispered. “I bumped into Eunbi-nee-chan upstairs and she looked grumpy. I asked her how the date was and you know what she said?” The rest of the family are looking at him in anticipation. Sosuke cleared his throat and said, “Kkura is such a huge baka,” in his attempt to imitate Eunbi.

 

Silence filled the living room until Mai snorted and the rest of them laughed. They realized how loud they're becoming and so they all chastised each other to lower down their laughs but they’re all struggling to do so.

 

“Ugh, stop it, guys,” Sakura begged. “Are you making fun of Eunbi?” She asked ready to defend her girl.

 

Mai tried to suppress her laughter and wiped the tears b in her eye while waving her other hand in denial. “Of course not Sakura. It's just that your brother— pfft.” They continued laughing stiffly for a while and when they noticed Sakura's silence, they looked up at her and saw her looking serious, which prompted them to stop laughing.

 

“Saku-nee, you messed up. Big time,” Sosuke said in exaggeration.

 

[But really, you messed up big time, Sakura.] “Meow,” Maru meowed in agreement. Sakura turned to look at her cat.

 

“Even you? I thought we were in this together.” Sakura couldn't believe that Maru would just ditch her just like that.

 

“Even the cat? Really Sakura?” Shohei asked.

 

Misaki hummed after some thinking. “Hm. But I think what Saachan did is fine. You don't want her expecting immediately, right?”

 

“Yes, obaa-chan.”

 

“But don't drag this out for too long. You don't want to face the wrath of a lover,” Shohei added as if speaking from experience.

 

“What did you say, dear?” Mai was quick to ask her husband.

 

“Hm? Nothing!” Shohei answered, feigning innocence. Mai narrowed her eyes at her husband.

 

Sensing that her parents are going to have an “argument,” Sakura sighed and stood up. “I'm going to sleep now. Good night everyone,” she tiredly bid them and tapped Sosuke's back so that they’d go upstairs together. Maru followed after her.

 

“Hey, you two. If you're going to bicker, bring that elsewhere,” Misaki told the older couple.

 

“Oh, we'll bring it to the bedroom,” Shohei uttered in nonchalance. Mai stood up with him and playfully hit him on the chest.

 

“Keep it subtle, dear,” Mai chimed in playfully.

 

“Stop acting like you guys are any younger,” Misaki told the pair, shaking her head at their playfulness.

 

The night ended well for everyone, except for a certain couple.

 

SAKURA: Good night Eun! See you tomorrow ^^

   Love you! <3 ;*

 

  Unread

 

-----=====+=====-----

 

Another day, another chance for plans to be fulfilled! Eunbi woke up early because of excitement— Nope! Because I'm naturally just an early riser! (okay Eunbi whatever you say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and immediately ran to the bathroom to get ready for the day, deciding to wear the light floral dress she and Mai bought after finding it newly laundered and hung on the clothes rack.

 

After getting ready, she her phone and saw a new message… from Sakura. She unlocked it and saw the message Sakura sent her before sleeping.

 

Reading the message, Eunbi’s lips tugged into a smile unconsciously. She realized she was when her jaw started to hurt already.

 

C’mon Eunbi, don’t tell me you’re gonna melt because of Sakura’s charms?

 

Eunbi is having a mental debate inside her mind. “Argh.”

 

Meanwhile Sakura… is still in bed. Maru jolted up from her sleep. [WHAT TIME IS IT!] She looked over Sakura’s balcony door and saw that the sun was already up and shining. [SHET!]

 

Maru jumped onto her owner’s bed, and without further ado, did what she does best. Smack the hell out of the sleepyhead woman.

 

“MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!” [WAKE UP SAKUCHAN! WAKE UP SAKUCHAN! WAKE UP SAKUCHAN!] Maru hit Sakura straight on her cheeks with her mighty paw.

 

“ahHhHhHhHhHHHHH!” Sakura screamed so loud. “I’m awake Maru-chan. I’M AWAKE!!!” Sakura flailed her arms as she tried to escape her pet’s wrath. Maru stopped immediately.

 

With a deadpan expression, she said, “Meow.” [Good.] She stood beside Sakura, waiting for her owner to get up.

 

“Ugh,” Sakura grumbled from grogginess. She ran her hand through her face and combed her hair with her fingers. “What time is it?” she asked no one in particular as she yawned and stretched like a cat.

 

“Meow.” Maru answered anyway, trying her best to express, ‘You’re late Sakuchan. Awfully late.’

 

Sakura shot her eyes open and darted her eyes towards her alarm clock. She held it with both hands and almost shoved it towards her face. “!” she cursed as she realized what time it was already. She got out of her bed and fixed her blankets and dashed her way around the bedroom, almost zooming in and out of the bathroom, the closet, and her vanity table. “Damn it, Sakura, this isn’t cool at all!” Sakura muttered angrily at herself. She dried and styled her hair fast and got a small duffel bag ready in a beat. Checking herself out on her full-body mirror for the last time, she smirked at her own reflection.

 

“Sakura, you gotta do this right this time, or else─” she paused and stared harder at herself. “You’ve got one chance to reel her in and catch her big ‘yes,’ okay?” She huffed one breath of encouragement and nodded her head in determination. She twisted the doorknob open and was about to go out when─

 

“MEOW!”

 

“WHAT IS IT MARU-CHAN!” Sakura exclaimed in shock as she turned back to her cat.

 

“Meow meow.” [You forgot this!] Maru held with the most important bait─ the all-familiar red box decorated with cherry blossom embroidery.

 

“Gosh, thanks Maru-chan,” she took the box from her cat and placed it safely inside the zipped pocket of her duffel bag. Sakura sighed in relief and looked at Maru with gratefulness. “What would I do without you?”

 

“Meow.” [Well, my existence in your life is that essential.]

 

“Heh. Acting all smug I see,” she said, eyeing her cat with the same attitude. “Well, we have no time for this Maru-chan. Let's go and do it later.”

 

“Meow!” [Roger that, Captain Miyawaki!]

 

They went down to the first floor and were immediately greeted by the Miyawakis who are gathered by the living room.

 

“Sakura, you overslept.” Misaki scolded her.

 

“I'm sorry obaa-chan,” Sakura scratched her nape in embarrassment. “By the way, where's Eunbi?” she asked, looking around.

 

“She forgot something upstairs so she went back up briefly to get it,” Shohei answered as he emerged from the kitchen. “Here, Sakura. Various fishing baits, the cooler, and your lunch basket.” He handed all of it over to his daughter. “Don't play around this time, okay,” Shohei whispered.

 

Sakura took everything both her parents had prepared and nodded determinedly. “Yes, Dad. I'll make sure to succeed.”

 

Shohei tapped her shoulder. “Good,” he complimented with a curt smile.

 

“Oh, Sakura, good thing you're finally awake,” Mai's voice ended the conversation of the father and daughter.

 

“Yeah, Mom. I'm sorry I overslept,” she said apologetically.

 

Mai smiled before playfully hitting her daughter on the shoulder. “Don't apologize to me, silly. Apologize to her,” Mai said as she looked back and the main character of today's show has finally appeared.

 

Sakura stared at Eunbi in awe as she was all dressed up in the light floral dress Mai bought with her, with her head beautifully adorned with a floppy hat to surely protect her from the scorching sun of Kagoshima.

 

“You look… beautiful…” Sakura mumbled as her eyes kept on staring at her.

 

Maru was also in awe, but sane enough not to fall too much on Eunbi's charm. [Sakura's too whipped for this woman.] She thought as she spared a glance at her hooman.

 

“Hey, Kkura,” Eunbi smiled sheepishly as she felt like she was about to melt from Sakura's loving stare.

 

Sakura noticed the mild tone Eunbi is using, which doesn't have any hint of coldness from the woman. Did she forgive me already? She pushed those thoughts aside and grinned widely.

 

“Let's go,” Sakura gestured for Eunbi to walk with her to the doorstep. They wore their shoes with Eunbi in her sandals and Sakura in a black, knee-high boots. Maru followed after them.

 

Sakura loaded their things in the trunk and ran to open the door to the passenger's seat for Eunbi.

 

“Come here, Maru-chan,” Eunbi tapped the space on her lap and Maru gladly jumped onto her and settled before Sakura closed the door. She walked to the driver's side and hopped in immediately. She lowered down the car windows and made final checks with their things and herself. She started the engine and before finally driving out of the residence, Mai and the rest of the family walked out of the door to bid them farewell.

 

“Enjoy, the two of you!” Mai shouted in a cheerful tone.

 

“Nee, okaa-chan!” Eunbi answered.

 

“Go home with lots of fish, Sakura!” Shohei said with a slight grin plastered on his face. Sakura’s ears reddened a bit.

 

“Yes Dad, I will.”

 

“Saku-nee, don't be such a huge bākā!” Sosuke reminded his sister with a teasing grin. Sakura threw him a threatening glare, wanting him to shut up. Eunbi felt a little bit flustered from Sosuke's “reminder" to Sakura. I shouldn't have told that to Sosuke.

 

“Sosuke!” Mai threw an abrupt slap on the back of her son's shoulder as she called his name in a hushed whisper. Sakura snorted upon seeing her brother being scolded.

 

“Why Mom?” Sosuke returned it with a soft glare and a pout as he tried to ease the slight pain on the back of his shoulder.

 

“Have fun and come home safely,” Misaki reminded with a gentle smile on her lips.

 

“We will obaa-chan! Bye guys!” Sakura waved her hand and Eunbi did too, with Maru standing on Eunbi's lap and peeking from the window. “Meow~!” [Bye bye!]

 

The car ride to the bay was just brief. After half an hour, they finally reached the docks and hopped off the car.

 

“Let me carry all of that Eun,” Sakura said as she tried taking the lunch basket and cooler from Eunbi's hold.

 

Eunbi turned her body away slightly to avoid Sakura from having to get the things she's holding. “I'm fine, Kkura-yah. You've got enough on your hands.” She smiled reassuringly at Sakura and they walked together until they saw the family boat.

 

They hopped on and settled everything in their respective places.

 

Sakura started the engine of the boat.

 

“Hold tight, guys.” Sakura started to drive away from the dock to the middle of the sea.

 

Eunbi looked at the sea and the image of Mt. Sakurajima getting closer until her head just turned unconsciously away from the natural scenery to her girlfriend who’s focused on driving and having a tight hold on the steering wheel. Sakura is standing up while driving and leaning back a bit and everything from her outfit to her posture just made Sakura look cool. She has always seen Sakura looking cute and nerdy because of her tracksuit get-up mostly and her baggy clothes, but after discovering a new thing about Sakura, she also discovered along with it a new side of her adorable cherry blossom. The boat finally came to a halt and Sakura got off the steering wheel.

 

Sakura walked over to her fishing rod and started preparing it.

 

“Would you like to try Eun?” Sakura asked after setting up her equipment.

 

“Maybe after seeing you first,” Eunbi said in a challenging tone.

 

“Oho… you wanna see me boast my skills in fishing, huh?” Sakura threw back with a smug expression.

 

“Well, take it away, Kkura.” Eunbi gave her signal for Sakura to start. The mangaka immediately started and threw the fishing line into the water.

 

Please let me catch one…

 

The fishing line suddenly moved, and they both widened their eyes.

 

“Oh! Kkura, it’s there!” Eunbi cheered. Sakura got fired up and timed herself before pulling the rod up.

 

“Ya!” Sakura said as pulled the rod up with her eyes closed.

 

The rod feels surprisingly light.

 

Don’t tell me…

 

“Pfft.”

 

Sakura slowly opened her eyes and saw… a seaweed.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Eunbi laughed boisterously as she saw Sakura’s failed attempt. She looked at Sakura’s disappointed expression and giggled. She felt bad for her girlfriend and tried stifling her laughter.

 

Sakura tried to regain her composure and cleared . “W-well, not every try is successful,” she retorted in a sulky tone.

 

“Oh Kkura-yah, you’re so cute!” Eunbi almost squealed at Sakura’s adorableness.

 

“Teach me, senpai,” Eunbi said to stop Sakura from sulking further, which worked as Sakura brightened up at her girlfriend’s show of interest.

 

“Sure, Eun! Here,” Sakura said and she handed another fishing rod to her. She demonstrated tying the bait on the fishing line which Eunbi was able to do.

 

“Okay, Eun, just swing the rod and let the fishing line fall into the water a little bit far from here, leaning the rod forward away from you.” Eunbi successfully passed the step, and they waited patiently.

 

“Oh?” Eunbi noticed a slight movement which suddenly got stronger.

 

“Okay Eun, roll the reel back!” Sakura instructed her. Eunbi seemed to do it slowly so Sakura held Eunbi’s hands and helped her do it.

 

“Yeah! I got one!” Eunbi exclaimed as she saw a sea bass that she just caught.

 

“Congrats on your first catch, Eun!” Sakura congratulated her girlfriend. Eunbi enthusiastically jumped into Sakura and wrapped her arms around her neck, squealing happily.

 

They continued fishing alongside each other with Eunbi getting the hang of it and Sakura getting catches consecutively due to Eunbi offering a reward earlier.

 

“A kiss for every catch, Kkura.”

 

Sakura got fired up and didn’t back down on the challenge, getting 5 catches and Eunbi getting 3.

 

“What are we going to do next?” Eunbi asked as she sat down on one of the foldable camping chairs they set earlier.

 

Lunch time passed by, and they had a hearty meal with Mr. Miyawaki's cooking. Eunbi had completely set aside her disappointment from assuming too much yesterday night. That's what you get for getting your hopes up, Eunbi. Sakura too, forgot the pressure and nervousness she felt ever since she made up her mind of proposing to her girlfriend, and just enjoyed her time with Eunbi.

 

“Eunbi,” Sakura called. Eunbi turned to look at Sakura, whose stare has not left the volcano.

 

“Yes, Kkura?” she patiently waited for Sakura to speak.

 

“I never thought I'd get to do this with you. I still remember the time that Dad would bring me here, and try to get me to fish, but I didn't want to, because I'm not fond of standing for a couple of minutes, sometimes hours, just for a fish to bite its bait. I grew up living my life my own way. It seemed normal, abnormally normal, I think—” she chuckled— “to the point that it seemed boring.” She shifted on her seat a bit to find a different comfortable posture to sit. “I'm not vocal about it, but loneliness is almost about to eat me up fully because of my personality. I don't want to admit it at that time but I have been desperate for someone to enter my life and show me love, until you came into my life.”

 

Eunbi just listened to Sakura and stared attentively at the woman.

 

Sakura turned to her side and faced Eunbi fully. She took Eunbi's hand with her and took the remaining one to place it on top of the rest of their hands. “You came, and you finally showed me how it is to fall in love. I may have been tired of waiting, but truly, when I met you, truly, the wait has been perfect.”

 

Sakura stood up from her chair and put her arms on the back, breathing in the sea breeze. It's now or never. She took the small box out of the pocket of her vest. She felt her heartbeat quicken.

 

Eunbi somehow felt Sakura's nervousness and stood up, walking over to her. “Sakura—” Eunbi called as she tapped on Sakura's shoulder.

 

“Eun.” Sakura immediately turned around and took Eunbi's hand from her shoulder. Their eyes met and stared at each other as if drowning in each other's pool inside their eyes. Sakura smiled softly.

 

“I don't need any more words to say this, I can't wait any longer,” Sakura chuckled. She let go of Eunbi's hand and proceeded to kneel on one knee.

 

This is what I think it is, right, Kkura?

 

Sakura revealed a red box adorned with cherry blossom embroidery and opened it.

 

With a smile, and a look full of hope in Sakura's eyes, she finally threw the question.

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

Eunbi grinned widely, nodded, and finally answered, “Yes,” sweetly.

 

Sakura grinned as well, taking the ring out of the box and held Eunbi's hand delicately, and then finally sliding it into her finger.

 

Seeing the ring perfectly fitted on her finger Eunbi couldn't contain her joy anymore and broke down to tears. She hopped and wrapped her arms around Sakura's neck, while Sakura s her arms around Eunbi's waist, and kissed each other sweetly and deeply.

 

Maru has been there, watching everything take place.

 

[Finally. Sakuchan proposed!] The cat stared at them in contentment.

 

They were immersed in their own little world when a strong wind blew and Eunbi's hat was blown away by the wind.

 

“Ah! My hat!”

 

“Meow!” [Eunbi-chan's hat!] Maru ran and jumped to the highest that she could.

 

“Maru-chan!” Sakura stretched out her hand to stop Maru.

 

[I got it—! Oh no.] Maru was able to catch the hat with , but when she looked down, realized that she's way beyond the boat already. [Oops.] She finally fell on the water.

 

“Maru-chan!” Sakura didn't hesitate and dove into the water. She immediately swam to get Maru along with the hat that Maru successfully retrieved.

 

“Sakura! Maru-chan!” Eunbi walked over to the fishing boat ladder where Sakura swam to.

 

“Are you okay, Kkura?” Eunbi asked as Sakura finished climbing back up after letting Maru get out of the water first. She held out her hand which Sakura took and stood up.

 

Sakura smiled reassuringly. “Yup, I'm fine.”

 

Eunbi ran towards Sakura's duffel bag for a towel and luckily, there was. She took it and went over Sakura to wrap it around her shoulders.

 

“Let's go back now Kkura,” Eunbi said worriedly.

 

“Okay, Eun.” Sakura, despite her wet clothes, still went to the steering wheel and started their drive back to the dock. Eunbi meanwhile was busy fixing their things so that they'd be able to immediately load their things into the car. She didn't forget to wrap Maru with a towel.

 

Finally arriving at their car after making sure that the boat is fine and safe, Sakura hurried in loading their things in the car with the help of Eunbi. Despite getting a little bit cold, she still ran to the passenger seat and opened its door for Eunbi.

 

“Kkura, you don't have to do that. We need to go back as soon as possible or else you'd get colder,” Eunbi pouted as she looked worried for Sakura.

 

They hopped in the car and are seated just like before.

 

“It's fine, Eun.” Sakura smiled at Eunbi. “Achoo!”

 

“Sakura!” Eunbi whined. Sakura could only smile as she started the engine and drove back to the house.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

As soon as they stood in front of the door, it slid open, revealing an eager Mrs. Miyawaki.

 

“So? How was it?” Mai asked.

 

Eunbi smiled sheepishly and revealed her hand that has the ring on one of its fingers.

 

Mai shrieked in happiness. “Oh my gosh finally!” Eunbi cannot help but giggle at her soon-to-be mother-in-law's reaction.

 

“Achoo!”

 

“Oh my, what happened, Sakura?” Mai stopped from celebrating and focused on her daughter for the first time and saw her drenching wet. “Why are you wet?”

 

“Meow.” Mai looked down at Maru.

 

“And you Maru-chan? What did the two of you do?”

 

“We wanna tell you Mom, but can we please have our bath first so we can change our clothes?” Sakura finally asked.

 

“Oh yeah, yeah, come inside now,” Mai moved away from the door and Sakura zoomed into the house right after taking her boots off. Eunbi just laughed at how Sakura hurried up and disappeared from the hallway.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

Sakura was done showering and went downstairs to the living room with a towel on top of her head. She found Eunbi seated on the couch with her phone, probably checking out on the café. She’s also done taking a shower and is now in comfortable clothes.

 

“Hey,” Sakura called Eunbi and sat on the end of the couch. “What are you doing?” Sakura asked as she wrapped an arm to her shoulder.

 

“Just checking out on the café,” Eunbi answered and looked up at Sakura. “You're not drying your hair again, Kkura,” she pouted. Sakura gave her an innocent smile.

 

“I'll do it for you,” Eunbi said as she already knew what the younger woman wanted. She took the towel off Sakura's head and changed her sitting position. She kneeled on the couch facing Sakura beside her, then sat on her legs. She reached out to her fiancée's head and started drying her hair. Sakura slowly changed her position too by folding her leg and faced Eunbi, when she suddenly wrapped her arms around the older's waist and pulled her with a little force.

 

“Ah!” Eunbi yelped and fell on Sakura. Her chin is nestled on the younger's chest.

 

Sakura is staring down at her lovingly and stole a kiss on Eunbi's forehead. She moved away and smiled sweetly at the woman. Eunbi grinned at Sakura's action. With her hands on Sakura's head, she caressed the younger's face down and cupped her cheeks, then gave her a chaste kiss on the lips. Eunbi separated from Sakura and they stared at each other for a while. Sakura tightened her arms around Eunbi's waist and closed their distance again to kiss.

 

“Ehem.”

 

Sakura and Eunbi immediately moved away from each other and saw Sakura's grandmother, Misaki who caught them in the act. Eunbi felt her cheeks heat up, flustered.

 

“I'm just fooling around, girls,” Misaki grinned and giggled. “But you two wouldn't want to get caught next time,” she added and winked before turning away from them.

 

“Dinner's ready everyone!” Mai shouted across the whole house.

 

“Hey Saku-nee and Eunbi-nee-chan, let's go eat!” Sosuke passed by the living room and invited his flustered sister and her fiancée with him.

 

They all sat, just like how they were seated always. When everyone had settled, Mr. Miyawaki cleared his throat which had all eyes focused on him.

 

“Before we start eating, I would just like to say a couple of words,” Shohei started. “This is a special day for our family, especially to this young couple over here.” He then looked at the newly engaged couple. “Congratulations, on your engagement,” Shohei smiled endearingly at his daughter and soon-to-be daughter-in-law. “Cheers,” he raised his glass of wine, and the others did too, except Sosuke who has his juice.

 

“Congratulations, girls! I'm so excited for the both of you!” Mai exclaimed.

 

“Congratulations, Saku-nee and Eunbi nee-chan.”

 

“Congratulations, Sakura and Eunbi.”

 

“Meow!”

 

“And Eunbi, one more thing,” Shohei interrupted before they started dinner. He looked at Eunbi. Eunbi tensed up a bit because of the man's sudden mention of her. “Call me ‘otou-chan’.” Shohei smiled, genuinely.

 

Eunbi stared at him unsure what to do, but the man's stare at her was soft and endearing. After gaining a new mother, she has now gained a new father. She smiled and finally called him. “Yes, otou-chan.”

 

“What the Dad! You never show us that smile!” Sosuke suddenly complained.

 

Shohei turned his gaze at him and his eyes changed from a slight glare to a slight grin. “Well, kid. I'm sure me and your mom have a new favorite child now.”

 

“Eh? What, Dad?” Sakura joined in. “How could youuuuu!”

 

Mr. Miyawaki broke into a cackle. “HAHAHAHA seriously, you two. Stop that whining and let's eat.”

 

They all started digging in with dinner and had conversations in between, teasing Sakura and Eunbi. They enjoyed one whole hour of good food and joyful interactions. Eunbi felt like it was indeed a newly gained family.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

After a few more hours of family bonding in the living room, the Miyawaki family decided to call it a day. Everyone went to their respective rooms except for the young couple.

 

“So, Eun, wanna sleep with me tonight?” Sakura asked as they arrived on the second floor. Sakura has her hand and Eunbi's hand with the ring held together with fingers intertwined with each other.

 

“You don't need to ask,” Eunbi answered knowingly. They both know two days without by each other's side is more than enough. Eunbi finally got to enter Sakura's room for the first time. She looked around and noticed video game posters on the wall, with old Anime figurines kept inside a shelf of glass display, along with a separate shelf full of manga and other comic books.

 

“Wow… definitely an otaku's room,” Eunbi mumbled as she observed her lover's room.

 

“Geez, Eun, don't mind those and come here now. I want cuddles… and you want them too,” Sakura whined as she is now settled on the bed, patting the space she prepared for Eunbi.

 

Eunbi threw an excited grin at her. “Okay baby~” She walked over to the bed and immediately scooted closer to Sakura, with the younger spooning her in her arms. Eunbi also wrapped her arms around Sakura's waist. They hummed in satisfaction as their bodies finally mended together. They stay in their position, with Eunbi feeling Sakura's steady heartbeat through her head.

 

“I've been thinking these past few days… that it would be nice to live here, again.” Sakura suddenly said, keeping her eyes on the ceiling.

 

Eunbi felt surprised, then she cautiously asked, “You mean, moving here?” without moving away from Sakura.

 

“Yep. Settling here. For good.” Sakura seemed serious. “You told me that you want to marry a… ehem— fisherman, and live a simple life by the countryside.”

 

Eunbi hit Sakura's chest jokingly. “What the Kkura-yah.” Her expression then changed quickly. Sakura can't see Eunbi's face as Eunbi's head is nuzzled on her neck, but she can picture the older making the expression. “But what about your work? And the café?”

 

“Work? I can do it here, and… the café… I figured there are no coffee shops near here so I…” Sakura trailed off.

 

Hearing Sakura's hesitance, Eunbi pulled away from Sakura and sat up, facing the woman. “Did you do something, Kkura-yah?” Eunbi asked, curious.

 

Sakura shut her eyes closed for a bit and sat up too, leaning against the headboard. “Well—” she scratched her nape— “I asked Yena if the possibility came that we might move out, can we take the café with us.” Eunbi kept her eyes on Sakura, waiting for Sakura to continue. Sakura huffed a breath. “She told me we can, she totally agreed, so I… bought the café to fully transfer the ownership to you,” Sakura ended in a slightly soft volume.

 

Eunbi was left dumbfounded. The café was originally Yena's but since she decided to move to Korea for Yuri, the café was entrusted to her and Eunbi started to co-own the business. Knowing it's hard to find someone they can easily trust to handle the business, they decided to go along with that set-up. Realizing the weight of Sakura's decision and action, she felt speechless.

 

“Sakura…” Eunbi sighed, as she slackened her shoulders and slouched her back. She picked up Sakura's hand and clasped it with one of hers, resting it on her thigh. “You didn't have to do that.”

 

Sakura shifted a bit and placed her remaining hand on top of Eunbi's and squeezed Eunbi's hand with reassurance.

 

“I did it because I love you. Wherever it is, all I want is to be with you. Moving in here is just an option. I would still buy the café anyway.”

 

“Hmm.” Eunbi is deep in thought and stared down at Sakura’s hands holding hers. She looked up at Sakura, ready to answer. “Well, let's move here then,” she answered, certain.

 

“Eh? You’re not feeling forced, are you?” Sakura asked, baffled at Eunbi's impulsiveness.

 

“Wherever it is is fine with me, too, as long as you're with me,” Eunbi smiled affectionately. “Maybe the fresh air and the picturesque scenery is also a plus,” she added, shrugging her shoulders.

 

“Eunbi,” Sakura called with seriousness.

 

“Hm?”

 

“You remember when you asked me what do I see in the future?” Sakura asked cautiously.

 

Eunbi scoffed. “Yeah. And you told me, ‘still the same.’” She rolled her eyes, remembering how she felt. “It made me think what do you really plan for us or are you even thinking about it.”

 

Sakura just smiled. “What I meant that time was…” Sakura rubbed soothing circles with her thumb on the back of Eunbi's palm. “It's just the same because you're the only constant in my life. I know we'll end up together forever.”

 

Eunbi's mouth gaped. “Sakura…” Eunbi felt herself melt with just that simple yet sweet statement her fiancée had said. Sakura brought Eunbi's hand to her lips, kissing the back of her palm.

 

“I love you, Eunbi,” Sakura said affectionately.

 

Eunbi smiled and pulled Sakura to hug her. She buried herself into Sakura's chest before saying, “I love you, Sakura.”

 

-----======+=====-----

 

Hey, we can't forget the wedding planning.

 

The engaged couple is currently in the empty two-story house Sakura bought to be transformed into the café. Renovation for today is being wrapped up early as the couple is waiting for a visitor.

 

Maru was hanging out outside since she hated the loud sounds of different construction equipment being used. She’s lying on her side under the shade when she saw a pair of feet in front of her.

 

[Huh? Who's this…] She slowly looked up, trailing her eyes from the person's feet up to their head and when she finally saw the person, her eyes widened in shock.

 

[OMG. It's her.]

 

“Hm?” the woman looked down and smiled brightly upon seeing the cat. “Maru-chan!” The woman crouched down and started to pet her, giving her gentle on the back.

 

[Ugh. I don't like it.] Maru stood up and stepped away from the woman, leaving the woman dumbfounded. She stopped wondering about the cat's attitude and stood back up to open the door to the café.

 

When the bell on the entrance made a sound signaling the door had opened, Sakura looked up as she was coloring a drawing for their poster.

 

“Jurina!” Sakura walked away from her station and welcomed the woman who just entered.

 

“Sakura-chan.” Jurina smiled brightly in front of the woman.

 

Eunbi heard the door open earlier and walked out of the kitchen.

 

“Kkura-yah, is the wedding planner already… here?” Eunbi trailed off in asking as she looked at the woman who just came. She stared at the woman intently, and she will never forget who is the person standing beside her fiancée already. It's her! That woman in my dream!

 

Sakura didn't realize the stare Eunbi has been giving Jurina and proceeded to introduce her friend.

 

“Hey, Eun. I would like you to meet, Matsui Jurina.” Sakura gestured for Eunbi, and continued, “And, Jurina, this is my fiancée, Kwon Eunbi.”

 

Eunbi sighed in relief inside her mind that Sakura did introduce her as her fiancée, but there's still a hint of jealousy brewing inside her.

 

Jurina smirked as if knowing what Eunbi is thinking. “Hey Eunbi, I'm Jurina. At your service,” she held out her hand and Eunbi took it, shaking it with a little bit of force.

 

“Wow… strong grip… hehe,” Jurina murmured awkwardly as they separated from the handshake.

 

“So! Let's get to the point, shall we?” Sakura asked and eventually led Eunbi and Jurina to one of the tables overlooking the window.

 

They all sat down with Eunbi making a segue to the kitchen to get their snacks and drinks she prepared for them. Jurina took out her notepad and laptop for her to show them some themes they can use for their wedding. Eunbi put the plate of macarons in the middle of the table, and their cups of tea in front of each of them. Maru went back inside the café and Eunbi prepared a bowl of milk for her and placed it on the table. Maru climbed up the table and sat down to drink her milk. Right after Eunbi settled down on her chair, Jurina turned the laptop screen facing the couple with a slideshow.

 

“So, before we start, do you have any ideas in mind? Things you want to do at your wedding?” Jurina started to ask. The couple looked at each other, both looking clueless.

 

“Oi, Sakura-chan, did you just propose yesterday?” Jurina asked.

 

Sakura chuckled, scratching her nape, “Yeah.”

 

“Geez, Sakura, so that's why this is short notice, huh,” Jurina chuckled, finding it unbelievable how things took a turn. “Okay, don't worry lovebirds. This is why I have prepared a slideshow since Sakura mentioned yesterday it's short notice.” Jurina started to click next on the next slide, showing a price chart depending on the scale of the wedding.

 

“Before we dwell on the theme, have you already thought about how much the two of you would spend for this?”

 

“Well, I'm thinking of something simple so I guess something not that expensive—,” Eunbi answered first.

 

“I wanna go all-out,” Sakura interjected.

 

Eunbi turned to Sakura and looked at her in surprise. “Yah, Kkura, you wanna go all-out?”

 

“Why Eun? I just want to give you the best wedding you want,” Sakura smiled thoughtfully.

 

“Aww Kkura,” Eunbi felt her heart melted just with Sakura's small thought. They stared at each other lovingly, until…

 

“Ehem.”

 

Eunbi heard it first and turned her attention back to the wedding planning.

 

“But I think we'd only have a few guests, probably not even 50 people yet, so I guess we still won't spend that much.” Eunbi voiced out.

 

“Oh, okay. Now, I have here a compilation of themes you guys can avail of. Just to be sure, I actually compiled them regardless of the prices so, yeah. Feel free to choose and I'll do my best to get the theme to come to life according to the budget you decide later on.”

 

The couple began looking through the slide, with Jurina explaining the theme every now and then. They were almost done when Jurina's phone suddenly rang and she left for a while to answer the call. While waiting, the couple turned to look at each other.

 

"Did something pique your interest already?" Sakura asked.

 

Eunbi shook her head. "Nothing yet."

 

Maru seemed to be getting bored already as she thinks they're taking too long to decide. She decided to walk through the table and approached the laptop, clicking the right arrow key, resulting for the slide to go next.

 

Sakura heard the key getting pressed again and instantly brought her back to that one memory.

 

Upon hearing the keyboard clicked, Sakura jolted up from her bed and hurried to her desk.

 

"What did you-"

 

"What did you do Maru-chan?" Sakura asked Maru as she looked back to her cat who's now in front of them facing the laptop.

 

Maru faced them and said, "Meow," before stepping away from the screen, showing the next slide.

 

Sakura and Eunbi stared at the slide for a moment then looked at each other.

 

Jurina came back from her call and approached the couple. "So, have you already picked your theme?"

 

The couple looked at Jurina and answered at the same time. "Beach wedding."

 

Jurina grinned. "Great choice."

 

[Heh. Special thanks to my paw.] Maru complimented herself.

 

-----=====+=====-----

 

The wedding preparation is going smoothly. Sakura and Eunbi went back to Tokyo and arranged everything they needed to finally move to Fukuoka. Eunbi is finally back in Fukuoka, but without Sakura who met with Sasshi to discuss arrangements for her future manga releases since she's working far from the city.

 

They have a dress fitting for today, and Eunbi insisted to do it alone without Sakura as it'd be better too to surprise her fiancée on the wedding day. She's accompanied by the ladies of the Miyawaki family, along with Jurina who's in charge of checking everything.

 

"Next up, Eunbi-chan." The owner of the boutique, which is Sae, called Eunbi for her to fit the dress. A few minutes later, Eunbi walked out of the fitting room and received great praises from everyone who's waiting for her.

 

"You look great Eunbi-chan!" Mai complimented her soon-to-be mother-in-law.

 

"Thank you, okaa-san." Eunbi responded shyly. After a brief talk with Sae about the dress for further adjustments, their appointment ended, and the two Mrs. Miyawaki bid farewell to Eunbi as they will visit the salon to have their own transformations, leaving Eunbi and Jurina alone together.

 

"Uhm, Jurina-san."

 

"Yes, Eunbi-san?"

 

"Come with me to the cafe. I'll treat you to some tea or coffee." Eunbi offered, smiling.

 

"Okay."

 

After almost an hour of travel, they arrived at the cafe, wherein the construction workers were still working.

 

"You guys can take a break for a while!" Eunbi said to everyone. They all stopped finishing their tasks and indulged in the snacks and drinks Eunbi gladly prepared for them. She then prepared for her and Jurina's drink and afterward went out of the cafe where Jurina was.

 

"Here you go, Jurina-san." Eunbi handed the huge cup of frappe.

 

"Thank you, Eunbi-san." Jurina immediately took a sip of the beverage and hummed in its flavor. "Hm~ it's creamy and savory. Not too sweet, it's satisfying."

 

Eunbi chuckled. "Thank you."

 

After that brief exchange, they both fell silent, with a hint of awkwardness.

 

"You know what, Eunbi-san, if you wonder about something, you can go ahead and ask me," Jurina said, breaking the silence.

 

Eunbi looked at her. "Was I that obvious?"

 

Jurina chuckled. "To me, yes. But Sakura, as always, she's never changed that oblivious side of her."

 

Eunbi laughed at Jurina's remark about her cherry blossom. She took a sip of her drink before talking. "When I flew here, I dreamt of a woman acting lovey-dovey to my Kkura and when I saw you, you looked just like that person."

 

Jurina turned to face her. "Ehhhh."

 

Eunbi found Jurina's reaction funny and proceeded with her story. "Yeah. Same as how you're reacting right now. I was baffled because the Sakura in my dream doesn't remember me. It was a very silly dream, I don't even think about those kinds of things."

 

"That dream seemed very absurd hearing it from you," Jurina commented. "And what I think you were thinking about me was a little bit absurd too."

 

"What?"

 

Jurina turned away from Eunbi and stared at the Kagoshima Bay in front of them. "I have known Sakura since middle school, and she was so popular. Of course, she thinks she's not and that her school life is just a normal person's, but even in the past, a lot of people admire her for her artistic skills and quirkiness. She's not sociable too, and only had a few friends that I think I could even count with my fingers. Anyway, long story short, yeah, I was one of those people who admired Sakura, but more than the superficial aspect of a person. Since I'm one of those few friends, I grew close to her and I guess that's where the crush started. I was actually planning to confess to her but—" Jurina chuckled and turned to Eunbi again— "her cat, Maru-chan, when I was about to go to our classroom, was suddenly there and blocked my way from seeing her. She just let out a stern, 'meow' and I don't know what came over me and only one thing came to my mind when I thought about what it meant."

 

Eunbi slowly got the idea of what Maru meant, but Jurina still continued. "Sakuchan's not for you."

 

Eunbi was left in awe but snorted and suddenly laughed.

 

Jurina looked at Eunbi laughing hard and pouted, "What the Eunbi-san. I'm serious! Maru-chan really meowed in such a serious tone!" Eunbi laughed harder because of that until she realized something.

 

"Eh? No way... so Sakura doesn't know?" Eunbi asked.

 

Jurina nodded. "Uh-huh."

 

"Heol... I'm sorry for acting jealous, Jurina-san."

 

"Geez, don't worry about it, Eunbi-san," Jurina waved off the apology as it wasn't really necessary. "So, can we be friends?" Jurina held out one of her hands.

 

"Yup, friends," Eunbi responded, accepting the hand of Jurina and shook it for a brief handshake. "Whenever I need additional secret intel on Kkura..."

 

"Sure Eunbi. You can count on it." Jurina whispered. They snickered at their funny exchange and laughed out loud. Turns out Eunbi was just thinking too much, and Jurina will surely be a dependable ally when needed. They continued drinking their beverages under the afternoon heat of Kagoshima.

 

"So, any funny stories of teenager Sakura?" Eunbi whispered, grinning.

 

Jurina returned the grin. "Oh ho ho, I suddenly remembered..."

 

After Jurina finished her story, Eunbi cackled so much she got teary-eyed. Jurina told her more funny stories, laughing as she was telling them.

 

"Are you guys talking behind my back?"

 

Eunbi and Jurina stopped laughing and talking upon hearing the voice. They both turned back and saw Sakura standing behind the bench they're sitting on.

 

"Well, you're technically not in front of us," Jurina said.

 

Sakura snickered. "Psh. Still the same as always Jurina." She approached Eunbi and sat on the bench beside her. Eunbi silently offered her drink and Sakura didn't hesitate to take a sip from it.

 

"So, how did the preparations go?" Sakura asked.

 

"What do you think, Miyawaki-san? Of course, it's all good." Jurina grinned.

 

"I really wanted to see you wear the wedding dress," Sakura pouted at Eunbi.

 

Eunbi laughed softly. "Nah-uh, Kkura-yah. It's gonna be a surprise." Eunbi winked at her. Sakura felt her cheeks heat up and the tip of her ears reddened just from the cute action of her fiancée.

 

"Okay lovebirds. Kindly refrain from the sweetness?" Jurina interrupted. Sakura tilted her body to the side to see Jurina.

 

"Oh come on, as if you're not like this yourself."

 

"Hey! I'm a confident gay!" Jurina defended.

 

"If you say so." Sakura shrugged playfully.

 

"Wha— You're taken already, Jurina?" Eunbi asked.

 

"You didn't know? I thought I told you already. She got married way earlier than everyone else."

 

"Ehhhhh!?"

 

"Yup. 5 years and we're going strong."

 

Heol.

 

-----=====+=====-----

 

The day before the wedding.

 

The sun is already shining, and yet, she is not yet awake. Well, blame it to her hustling in finishing all of her upcoming manga chapters that would at least last for a month of update.

 

[She's still asleep.] Maru said as she entered her hooman's bedroom. She was able to jump onto the doorknob and turned it open because she's too hungry, but she wasn't successful in finding her own food. Sakuchan you're gonna get it for real.

 

"Meow." She tried to call Sakura. "Meow." She let out again in a more stern tone. Maru started to get annoyed. She starts to garner everything to and breathe in once before finally letting out a loud, "MEOW!"

 

 

[WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!?] IT DIDN'T WORKK! ARGH! This woman's asking for it, huh. She walks to the bed and jumps to it. She approached her sleeping hooman's head, and you know what's next.

 

"AH!" Sakura exclaimed after feeling Maru's upgraded version of what we will now call 'Maru's Godly Smack'.

 

[Good.]

 

"You must be enjoying doing this a lot, huh, Maru-chan," Sakura grumbled.

 

[Oh yes. I could only do this here in this fic, that's why.] You're welcome Maru-chan ;).

 

"Meow." [Feed me first.]

 

After giving Maru her late breakfast, Sakura finally went on to prepare for their week-long honeymoon. She packed a suitcase and rolled it out of her room. Sosuke got out of his room too at the moment and noticed that Sakura was about to carry the suitcase downstairs.

 

"Onee-chan let me help you." Sosuke offered her sister.

 

"Oh, it's fine Sou—"

 

"Please, I insist." Sakura let Sosuke help her out and they both took the stairs down.

 

“Onee-chan,” Sosuke called her sister after putting the suitcase by their doorstep.

 

“Hm?” Sakura looked at her brother who's staring at her right now.

 

"Thank you for being a loving sister to me."

 

Sakura felt herself cringe a little from the affection her brother us showing her.

 

"O-oi, I'm not gonna leave or die or something, why are you suddenly thanking me?"

 

Sosuke felt his cheeks heat up a bit. "Eunbi-nee-chan is right. You're such a huge bākā." Sosuke retorted.

 

Sakura scoffed. "Hey!"

 

Sosuke groaned in wanting to end this exchange quickly. "Oh, c'mon Saku-nee! Just let me speak, will you?" Sosuke whined. Sakura automatically fell silent and stared at her brother.

 

"You're gonna be a wife and a mother, well not a mother yet but you know what I'm saying. I'm just thanking you because you're finally entering a new chapter in your life and your focus would now be the family you will form with Eunbi-nee-chan." He looked at Sakura with stern eyes. "I promise I'll grow very well and I'll do better in helping Mom, Dad, and Grandma here since I will be the only one you could trust in watching over them." He paused and suddenly felt shy, looking away from her as he lightly scratched his nape. "I look up to you not only as a sister but also as a person for being courageous in chasing your dreams and now you've fulfilled it and are starting to dream more for the future so I wish you all the best in everything." He finally ended in one breath, his eyes still away from Sakura.

 

Sakura approached him and ruffled his hair. "Thank you, Sou." She smiled at him as her brother looked at him.

 

"Geez, stop it, you're gonna ruin my hair." He moved Sakura's hand away from his head. One thing he got from Sakura is the big ears which makes him adorable seeing him being affectionate for once. He totally grew up like their father. Curt and yet, wise. They speak more through their actions, not through their words. Sakura's sure her brother will grow into a fine man someday.

 

"Oh, c'mon little bro. I just want to bond with my little Sou-chan!" Sakura teased. She hasn’t done this in a while.

 

"I'm almost taller as you Saku-nee!"

 

Sakura didn't mind his response and draped an arm over his shoulder and ruffled his hair playfully.

 

"Argh, onee-chan!" Sosuke whined and tried getting away but stopped for a bit to ask something, looking up at her. "Oh yeah, Saku-nee, can I have your room?"

 

Sakura stopped and pushed Sosuke away from her. "You… you were acting like that earlier coz you wanna ask for something huh," Sakura said with a straight face.

 

“Of course not!”

 

“Hm. Well, I think I’m fine with it. Just ask Dad if he agrees.”

 

“Yes!” Sosuke pumped his fist up.

 

"Heh. Too excited aren't we, Sou-chan?"

 

"Was it too obvious?" Sosuke asked. Sakura grinned and after a moment they laughed together.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

Sakura, Sosuke, and Shohei arrived at the hotel by dinner time. They decided to eat after stopping by their rooms to settle their luggages.

 

"Hey, Sakura!"

 

"Unnie!"

 

Sakura heard those two voices and looked up to see who they were.

 

"Yena and Yuri!" She called to the two women approaching their table.

 

"How's everything, unnie?" Yuri asked. Sakura invited them to sit down.

 

"Well, all is fine…"

 

"You're nervous," Yena smirked.

 

"Yah, of course, I am! What about you, you didn't?" Sakura questioned.

 

Yena cocked an eyebrow and smiled smugly. "Hm. Of course not," she answered as she swept her long gray hair back.

 

"Tss. Really, huh." Sakura side-eyed her. She decided to change the topic since she never saw them for a year. "How about the two of you? How's the honeymoon?"

 

"It was great. She drove me around Jeju. It was nice staying there for a month," Yuri answered as she reminisced those days.

 

"After that, we just worked so much and now we're almost done in building our own house." Yena followed.

 

Sakura was amazed. "Wow. You guys are fast."

 

"What about you, Unnie? How's the café going?" Yena asked.

 

"We changed its name, a total makeover. Construction's almost done so probably after our honeymoon it's ready for business."

 

"That's great! We’ll visit at the opening."

 

"Woah, really?"

 

"Of course! As Eunbi-unnie's former boss, I'm glad that my former employee got to build her own café." Yena responded. Sakura laughed at Yena's comment. Silence filled them after their exchange.

 

“I can’t believe it’s going to happen tomorrow...” Sakura murmured. The Yulyen couple just looked at their unnie, smiling at her happily.

 

The night before the wedding is really nerve-wracking. It’s past midnight, and Eunbi is still wide awake. Well, she’s not the only one, as Sakura is experiencing the same. They both stared at their own rooms’ ceilings, actually thinking of calling the other. Sakura cannot take it anymore and reaches for her phone. She was about to message Eunbi when her phone was suddenly taken away.

 

“W-what the heck? Maru-chan?” Sakura looked at her cat in disbelief.

 

“Meow.” [No.] She said as she stepped over Sakura’s phone.

 

“Sheesh. Alright, Maru-chan, I won’t do it.” Sakura immediately gave up and forcefully closed her eyes trying to get the sleep she needs for tomorrow.

 

[Err, what should I do with this?] Maru still had Sakura’s phone and was looking at the screen. She pressed aimlessly at the screen and suddenly saw herself.

 

[Oh.] She tried to press the circular button in the middle of the screen and pressed another circle. When it does nothing, she tilted her head in confusion and kicked the phone away from her lightly. She walked over to Sakura and enveloped herself in her hooman’s arms.

 

Eunbi was about to close her eyes when she heard a ding from her phone. She wondered who it was at this hour and can’t believe the name that her lockscreen showed her. She immediately opened the message and saw what she least— never expected.

 

A selfie of Maru the cat didn’t realize she took herself.

 

"Awwww." Eunbi cooed anyway regardless of how Maru looked. Wanna know how she looked like? She looked straight on the screen with a small frown and gaped a bit. She felt her nervousness dissipate a little bit and turned off her phone before settling it on the bedside table.

 

-----=====+=====-----

 

"MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!"

 

"OOOOOUCH!!!" The mangaka finally got up.

 

[Hm. Nothing really beats my mighty paws as the ultimate Miyawaki Sakura power raiser.] Maru smugly blew on her paw that she used to smack Sakura as if she just shot a gun in a Wild Wild West film.

 

“What time is it?” Sakura murmured as she reached for her phone.

 

“NANI!?!?!?”

 

Yup. Even on this important day, Sakura has overslept. It’s gonna be total chaos on her end.

 

Meanwhile~

 

“Eunbi-chan, let’s get you dolled up.” Atsuko immediately got her makeup and hairstyling tools set up and started to apply makeup on the bride’s face.

 

“Everything’s going smoothly, huh." Mai mused as she got out of the dressing room, all finished up.

 

“Oh definitely, Mai-chan.” Atsuko responded while applying eyeliner on Eunbi’s eyes. “You wouldn’t want to know what’s happening next door,” Atsuko chuckled upon remembering the moment she checked on Sakura’s side.

 

“Onee-chan, hurry up!”

 

Everyone in Eunbi’s room stopped momentarily upon hearing a shout.

 

“I think I really wouldn’t want to know HAHAHAHA,” Mai said, breaking the silence, prompting everyone to laugh with her.

 

Eunbi’s mind drifted to Sakura (did her mind even drift to somewhere else?) and how she might have been doing. Sakura acting like Sakura. She giggled, imagining how Sakura might be fumbling around right now.

 

After 2 hours of preparation, Sakura barely made it. She immediately walked out of the small cottage where they made final checks on everything and walked towards the shore where the altar was put.

 

“Feeling nervous, Sakura?” Jurina asked as she came up to her to check everything on Sakura’s end.

 

“Yeah… can’t believe it,” was the only thing Sakura was able to say.

 

Jurina chuckled. “That’s natural. Just don’t forget your vows.” She made one last look at the setting before tapping one of Sakura’s shoulders reassuringly before walking away to check on Eunbi. All of the guests which contained only their closest friends and relatives are here and they are all waiting along with Sakura for Eunbi to come.

 

“Eunbi, do you feel comfortable with your dress?” Sae asked after checking Misaki’s outfit.

 

“Yup! Thank you so much for this, Sae,” Eunbi thanked Sae, smiling gratefully at the woman.

 

“No problem! Just let me make you a model again for my next collection,” Sae responded.

 

“Of course!” Eunbi immediately agreed.

 

“Oi, Eunbi-chan, Sakura-san might already be out hunting me down,” Sae said as she rummages through the clothes rack for an outfit Eunbi could try next.

 

“Don’t worry Sae-chan, I’m sure she’s just staying at home,” Eunbi answered, stifling her laugh. Eunbi just went out to try out Sae’s newest collection, and was suddenly asked to model for it too. Well, fashion is one of her interests, so she didn’t hesitate taking it on.

 

“Oh? You design wedding dresses too?” Eunbi asked as she found a line of mannequins wearing wedding dresses. Sae stopped looking through her newest collection and walked over to Eunbi.

 

“Yeah, I just started last year. No one has asked me yet to design one for them but I’m thinking of launching my own line of those next year or so.”

 

“They’re so pretty~” Eunbi muttered as she marveled at the simple yet elegant designs.

 

Sae grinned at the sudden idea she came up with. “Wanna try one?”

 

And that’s how Eunbi ended up wearing Sae’s design. She’s definitely the first woman who’s able to try the upcoming wedding dress collection of the famous designer.

 

After making sure everything’s set, Eunbi was already led to the arc where she will be entering. Mai and Shohei are standing each on Eunbi’s sides as they will be the ones who’ll walk Sakura’s bride through the aisle.

 

If Eunbi is not feeling anything back then, now she does as she feels thrilled thinking about how Sakura would look and be able to finally marry the love of her life. Classical music started playing, and the curtains hanging on the arc finally opened. Shohei and Mai started to lead Eunbi whose grip on her bouquet tightened. She saw Sakura wearing a simple long-sleeved polo tucked inside a beige slack.

 

Sakura is just watching Eunbi approaching her slowly. She remained standing straight trying to hide her nervousness. Eunbi noticed this and smiled softly, which seemed to be effective as Sakura relaxed a bit. Eunbi and Sakura’s parents finally reached the altar, meeting Sakura.

 

“Sakura, take care of her,” Shohei said as if he is Eunbi’s father.

 

“Eunbi, feel free to scold Sakura whenever she’s being naughty,” Mai reminded her future daughter-in-law which made Eunbi giggle softly. Sakura rolled her eyes at her mother but chuckled nonetheless. Eunbi linked her arm around Sakura’s and walked the remaining steps toward the altar together.

 

“Miyawaki Sakura, do you take Kwon Eunbi to be your wedded wife? Promise to love, comfort, cherish, and honor her for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?”

 

Sakura grinned widely, and said, “A thousand percent I do.”

 

“And you, Kwon Eunbi, do you take Miyawaki Sakura to be your wedded wife? Promise to love, comfort, cherish, and honor her for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?”

 

Eunbi smiled as widely as she could. “I certainly would.”

 

The time for them to say their vows arrived and Maru walked down the aisle by herself biting the handle of a small basket that contained two rings for the couple. They both took the rings that they’ll slip on each others’ fingers and stared at one another again. The presider prompted them to start reciting their vows.

 

“Kwon Eunbi, thank you for everything. For showing me what love is, and for being my one true, perfect match. I won’t make this any longer as I know you know the rest, but I would just like to promise that I’ll be your forever love. I love you so much, Eun.” Sakura slipped on the ring to Eunbi’s finger and brought her hand to her lips, placing a chaste kiss near where the ring was.

 

“Miyawaki Sakura, we just started off as neighbors, and if it weren’t for your cat, I don’t think we’d even be here standing together saying each other’s vows.” The guests chuckled along with the couple because of Eunbi’s remark.

 

[Uh-huh. I technically matched them together, everyone. You’re all welcome.]

 

“Thank you for accepting me as I am, thank you for all the love you’ve given me, and I promise to return it thousand times more, but I bet you’d shower me with more than that. Let’s just shower each other with so much love until who-knows-when. I love you so much Kkura-yah. Let’s draw a great picture of our lives together, forever.” Eunbi slipped the ring into Sakura’s finger, keeping her loving stare on the taller woman.

 

“I now pronounce you, wife and wife. You may now seal your marriage with a kiss.” As soon as the presider finished, Sakura pulled Eunbi towards her and kissed her sweetly, with Eunbi returning it right after.

 

The reception was set by the shore also, where they had a simple barbecue party and some acoustic singing courtesy of Yuri and Yena. It ended early, with Sakura taking Eunbi straight to her surprise for their honeymoon.

 

“Woah… Sakura…” Eunbi trailed off as she marveled at the yacht, slightly bigger than the Miyawaki’s boat in front of them.

 

“C’mon, Eun, before the sun sets!” Sakura tried pulling Eunbi to walk with her, but she was still staring at the yacht, and so she carried Eunbi in a bridal style.

 

“Kkura-yah!” Eunbi yelped and immediately wrapped her arms on her wife’s neck.

 

Sakura put her down after hopping into the yacht. Eunbi looked around, speechless at the scale Sakura went with just for their wedding.

 

“Yah, Kkura, where did you get this?” Eunbi asked.

 

“I just borrowed it from a family friend, Eun.” Sakura walked over to the cockpit and started the engine.

 

“You better not buy one of these, Kkura.” Sakura heard Eunbi as she was checking the yacht before driving.

 

“Now that I think you like it I think I might,” Sakura answered. Eunbi turned to face her and glared at her.

 

“Don’t you dare, Kkura.”

 

“But you’re my Queen Bee. A queen deserves all great things.” Sakura pouted. They waved happily from their family and remaining guests who’d been watching the newlyweds and waiting for them to leave. Sakura drove away from the dock and Eunbi walked over to Sakura and hugged her from behind.

 

“The only great thing I need is you, Kkura,” Eunbi muttered, looking at Sakura’s face, who was focused on driving.

 

“Aha, you’re starting already, huh.” Sakura grinned and looked at Eunbi briefly who’s still clinging to her like a koala. The yacht drives towards the middle of the sea as Sakura fastens its speed so that they’ll have enough time to wait for the sunset.

 

“We’re here,” Sakura said as she stopped and turned off the engine. She held one of Eunbi’s hands and broke off the hug, then led themselves to the deck. She sat down first and patted the space in front of her to which Eunbi gladly sat on. This time, it was Sakura who wrapped her arms on Eunbi’s waist, hugging her lightly, nuzzling her chin on the older woman’s shoulder.

 

“The view is perfect, isn’t it?” Sakura asked as they looked in the distant sky.

 

“Uh-huh—” Eunbi raised her arms and spread it, feeling the gentle cold breeze— “indeed it is,” she hummed in satisfaction, closing her eyes as she savors this moment.

 

“I love you, Mrs. Miyawaki,” Sakura said as she willed Eunbi to turn and look at her. She cupped Eunbi’s cheek and caressed it with her thumb.

 

Eunbi smiled at her before finally saying, “I love you too, Ms. Miyawaki.”

 

Sakura pulled themselves towards each other and kissed as the sun began its farewell, with the newlywed couple starting the new chapter of their lives as each other’s forever perfect match.

 

 

 

 

“Meow!” [Everything’s perfectly matched! Success!]

 

 

 

“Maru-chan!?” “Maru-channie!?”

 

 

 

Let’s just give that to Maru-chan since she’s the titular character.

 


The end~ I can't believe I can write something this long. I can't get over Maru-chan and so I decided to bring her back and write a sequel. Along with this, I have a Yulyen spin-off of this story in the works which I was originally planning to publish before this, but due to my writer's block I can't, so maybe on the 15th of April which I discovered that every 15th of the month is Yulyen Day. I'm also thinking of making shorter one-shots for the members who own pets within this series also. I can't say when but, I'll definitely do it. No matter what happens I will still continue to write for the girls until I run out of ideas hehe.

Thank you to you, the one who's reading this for sticking around and finishing this. Till the next read!