One

Coffee Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

I can still remember the first time I laid my eyes on you. I was with Yuri at the smoking area of our office building. Yuri and I were chatting  when you walked in, asking if she has spare cigs  since you lost yours a while ago. You and Yuri chatted for a minute or two before excusing yourself saying you have a meeting to catch. I noticed how cute your eyes turned when you smiled at Yuri, how smooth your hair looks like..I wished I could gently touch; how melodious your voice was just by a small word of ‘yes’ coming out of your mouth; how pinkish your lips and how sweet your perfume scent is. It was at that moment I realized I may have a crush on you.

Days passed by with nothing much but beating deadlines after deadlines. I'd see you talk to some of my teammates  and would even joke around with them. I wanted to say hi but I figured you might not remember me, for we were never really introduced to each other. I blame Yuri.

Days became weeks, I figured I have to do something to cure my curiosity because it's now killing me. So finally after battling with my reasons, I was able to ask Yuri about you. The smirk never left Yuri's face after I asked her about you. I was embarrassed but the idea of finally knowing your name beats the teasing and her knowitall smirk.

Tiffany. What a beautiful name. It fits a jewel like you. 

Yuri said she'll help me with you, I'm not really sure how she'll do it but figured why not? It's better than nothing.

It was that Thursday afternoon, just right after lunch when Yuri rushed to my desk while trying to catch her breath, she mumbled a few words that did not really make sense to me. I held her arm and gestured to take a seat.

"Okay, what happened to you?" I asked after telling her to inhale and exhale a couple of times to calm her down.

"Coffee." She mumbled after taking a sip from my water bottle.

"What coffee? What are you talking about?" 

"I told you I'll help right?"

"....Okay?"

"Damn Taeng! I'm talking about Tiffany. She loves coffee, I ran into her at the smoking area and told her that there is someone who I'd love to introduce to her so I asked her...What would she like?"

"And she just said...coffee?" My heart beat started racing and my knees felt weak like a jelly.

"Yep. Coffee...She said black coffee would do."

"Just coffee? Black coffee?" Yuri nodded her head while I just leaned  my lower back against my desk as a support for I have no idea what to say or how to react.

"So....." Yuri stood up and held my shoulder, "when do you want to give her coffee?"

That's the thing...I don't know when and most specially how?

How will I give her the coffee?

 

***

 

The next day.

 

“Hey!” greeted Yuri.

“Hey! Good morning!” I greeted back without removing my eyes from the computer screen.

“So…?” I saw a shadow beside my desk and knew right away that it's Yuri.

“Hmmm?” 

“You didn't answer my question yesterday Taeng”, I turned my eyes towards my friend and saw her pulling a chair and sat just beside me, “when are you giving her coffee?”

“Yuri can we not talk about this right now?” I gave her a small smile, “I need to finish this report by 9am.” I gestured towards my current workload.

“Oh c’mon Taeng! I know you! I’m pretty sure you’re just proof reading it for the 5th time already.” she gave me an ‘are you serious’ look.

“Fine,” I sigh before turning my chair to face her, “what do you want?”

“Coffee dude. When will you give her coffee?”

“Yuri…” I turned towards the empty office desk just to make sure that none of our officemates can hear me, “I don't know..I mean...” I sigh as lack of confidence hits me, “I don't think I’ll be able to actually give her a coffee..I mean I can barely look at her..what more giving her a coffee...I mean- me? Standing in front of her? To offer coffee?” I shook my head and blushed at the idea of actually walking and making a move towards her.

“You stupid!” Yuri hit the top of my head and gave me an ‘are you kidding me’ look, "who do you think I am?” she pointed towards her, “didn't I tell you that I’ll help? I’m your friend Taeng! I know you don't have the guts to talk to her, what more to offer a coffee..” she sat straight and smiled “you go buy the coffee then I’ll go deliver it...I can tell her that its from a secret admirer or…” her eyes glimmered towards me, “I can immediately tell her that it's from you.” 

“Hmmm…” I bit my lip thinking that it might actually work, “okay...ummm you go and deliver the coffee but you can’t tell her that it's from me okay?”

“So we’ll go with the whole secret admirer thing huh? I like it!” she said excitedly, I can't help but to chuckle at her reaction, she was like a kid who was given candy.

“How long do you think i should do it?” I asked innocently.

“The coffee thing?” I nod my head as I try to come up with an idea on how I should introduce myself to her once I’m done with the whole coffee thing..I mean I can't just give coffee right?

“Well, probably after 2 or 3 more coffee? I mean do you plan on doing it everyday or like spontaneously?”

“Umm...I think I can go by...say... once a week? Like maybe every Friday? What do you think?”

“Weekly is good..that’ll do..” she nodded her head and smiled, “you better come up with an idea on how you’ll introduce yourself by the time that w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter