End

Worth It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon got a problem and it's not that complicated really if you'd ask her friends, Jeongyeon would just say she's being a dummy, Jihyo would insist she's being a coward, because how will something happen if she's not going to do something to make it happen, right? 

The thing is, Nayeon has a crush on Mina. Out of all people in their class, she tripped over the serene Myoui Mina; which shouldn't be an issue because Mina is single, liking her is not crossing some line, Nayeon is single as well, only hindrance is that Nayeon gets tongue-tied whenever she's with Mina. Imagine, the all so loud and confident Im Nayeon gets easily shy around Mina, someone who barely say a word unless you talk with her, or you're friends with her. Mina is composed, proper, the total opposite of Nayeon and just thinking about how they're like north and south poles when it comes to personality, makes Nayeon doubt if she even has a chance. Maybe Jeongyeon is right, she's indeed a dummy, Jihyo is right too, she's a coward.

"This won't do. I won't just sit here and watch you stare at her secretly." Jeongyeon announced, not so subtle that it made the other people in the cafeteria look at them, even Mina, so Nayeon got caught staring and as lame as it is, she immediately looks away, feigning ignorance.

"Thank you for saying that out loud, I think the guard on the front gate didn't get to hear it so might want to repeat it louder." Nayeon sarcastically replied.

"Sure." Jeongyeon stood up and was about to open when Jihyo pulled her down. "Babe!" she whines.

"Shut it, it's not like you also didn't have trouble confessing to me." Jihyo eyed her.

Nayeon chuckled and sticks her tongue out to tease Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon did the same thing and murmured, "silly."

"Anyway, I do agree with Jeongyeon, we need to do something, the year is about to end, are you not planning something new? New Nayeon?" Jihyo turned her body to fully face Nayeon.

Nayeon rolled her eyes. "Of course you'll side with your girl."

Jihyo glared at Nayeon. "That's not the point here."

"I am scared okay! I'll just confess when I'm ready." Nayeon sighed.

"Goodness that line, I've been hearing that since the start of the year, the year is now ending and still the same line. Are you waiting for someone else to get her?" Jeongyeon scoffs.

"Of course not!" Nayeon quickly denied. 

"You don't want that, right?" Jeongyeon asked, to which Nayeon automatically nods. "Then do something."

Nayeon sighs again and rests her head on the table. "I'm trying okay."

"Nayeon, staring isn't actually what we call trying." Jihyo butts in.

Jeongyeon suddenly slaps the table which startled Nayeon and made her shriek. "What the heck? That hurts!"

"I have an idea." Jeongyeon ignored her complain.

"Oh no, I can already sense trouble for it." she instantly shook her head as a disagreement even before hearing what Jeongyeon has to say.

"Dummy! You know that we have an upcoming exchange gifts for new year right?" Jeongyeon continued.

Nayeon nods her head but frowned. "And?"

"We need to make sure you're the one who's going to gift her so that you'll have a reason to talk to her, sounds nice right?" her friend giggled.

The frown on Nayeon's forehead became more evident. "How the hell would you do that."

Jeongyeon moves closer to Jihyo and puts an arm over her. "That's where my girl comes in."

"Oh God…" Jihyo sighs. "Don't tell me you're gonna ask me to rig the names so that Nayeon will get Mina's."

"Exactly, your intelligence is really attractive I must say." Jeongyeon grins before leaning in to place a kiss on her girlfriend's cheek.

Nayeon rolls her eyes at the scene unfolding in front of her. 

"Okay." Jihyo agrees, with no complaints. 

"Whipped." Nayeon murmured.

"We heard that and we are doing it for you." Jihyo glared at her. "A push can do the trick, trust me." 

Nayeon didn't say anything after that. Did she fully understand the proposition? Yes. Is she sure it will work? No.


~~~

Later that day, they did the drawing of the names for whom they should buy the gift for. Their gift concept is consists of two things, first is that it should be related on the current year that you'd like to let go and the second is that one you're looking forward to the next year.

'What the hell.'

"Jihyo who actually came up with this idea? This is harder than math!" Nayeon whines.

"Mina did." Jihyo answered in a bored tone. "So you have anything else to say?"

"Ah, it's actually brilliant." Nayeon zipped while Jeongyeon laughed at her.

"Who did you get by the way?" Jeongyeon asked Jihyo.

"It's a secret. Ssshh." Jihyo smiled teasingly. "And you Nayeon, do you have a gift in mind?"

They didnt even notice that Nayeon was already on her seat, both hands are on her head, as she slowly rocks herself on the chair. She looks like she's about to break down at any moment. "Holy , now I actually just dont have to think how to talk with her, but also what to gift her that's related to the concept." she whispered loudly.

"This is actually breaking her brain." Jeongyeon said casually before sitting on her spot.

~~~

Basically, what Jihyo did during that drawing of names is that she didn't write Mina's name and didn't ask Nayeon to draw so that automatically, Nayeon will be the one to give Mina a gift. 

So far, that was the only thing on the plan that went smooth, because Nayeon is supposed to talk to Mina, to ask in a subtle manner what she would like, but Nayeon is such a wimp when it comes to that. She just doesn't know how to do that without making herself look like an idiot.

Nayeon having this uncertainty wasn't only because she's shy with Mina but also because of that fact that she tried to have a conversation before and what has happened was beyond embarrassing on her part, she remembers it vigorously, that Mina approached her, asking for a direction because she's a new student, however what she did because Nayeon was basically at awe, she was just admiring the beauty without listening properly, offered to accompany Mina even though she wasn't really sure where to go and she doesn't want to ask again because she wants to make an impression, at the end, Mina smiled when they arrived at the cafeteria, looking so gorgeous than ever. "Thank you, but I'm actually looking for the library." she politely relayed.

"Oh. I'm so sorry, it's this way." she felt her cheeks go hot so she had to quickly look away.

When they arrived at the library, they were greeted by another student who immediately approached Mina. "What took you so long?" the girl asked.

"Ah, I was asking for some direction, we just got lost at some point." Mina chuckled before looking at Nayeon. "Thank you Nayeon for walking with me."

"It's uhh. You're welcome, I'd gladly do it again." Nayeon's voices faltered that it sounded as a question rather than a statement. 'Oh Nayeon you idiot'

The other girl laughed at the response. "Mina, it seems like you charmed someone."

"Sana!" Mina called out the name in a tone. "I'm sorry about her, thank you again!" she smiled genuinely. So beautiful that Nayeon could only stare. She's not functioning properly anymore, that even when both girls walked away, she just stood on her spot and followed them with her eyes.

"I'm telling you, look at her, just standing and looking at you." Nayeon heard Sana before the girl was shushed by Mina, still in a timid way of silencing.

Nayeon blinked in embarrassment. She did make an impression. Just not the impression she was aiming for.


She was brought back to reality when someone tapped her shoulder. If Nayeon was drinking something, she would have spit it out by now, accidentally on Mina's face. She was startled for nothing.

"Did I scare you?" Mina asked.

"No, I'm just thinking about some things." she answered and decided to sit properly.

"I see, I bet you're troubling yourself for the gift?" Mina continued as she sat down on the chair next to Nayeon. "This seat is free?"

"Yeah…" Nayeon trailed off.

"Yeah for the gift or for the seat?" Mina clarified.

Nayeon gulped. "For both." 

'Why is she here? Damn, now I cant doodle her name on my notebook because she might see. What if she'll see the existing ones too? , I can't write anything for the rest of the class, and then she'll think I'm being a terrible student……'

"Nayeon?"

Nayeon blinked before turning her head. "You were saying?" she leaned closer.

"Looks like something is really occupying your mind. I hope you'll solve it soon." Mina smiled. "I was just actually saying that I'm having a hard time thinking for a suitable gift as well."

"I see, it will be easier maybe if the one that you got is your friend right? Because you'll know what they like."

Mina nodded. "I agree, how about you, do you have anything that you want right now?"

Nayeon laughed, even Mina beat her to asking this question when she's supposed to be the one asking her, not the other way around. "Courage."

Mina raised an eyebrow. "That is such a broad word."

"It is what it is. How about you?" Nayeon asked back and was so proud of herself for doing so. 

"I actually dont have a certain thing in mind right now, I believe I'll like any gift to be honest."

Nayeon chuckled. "And you're the one to point what I said was broad huh."

"As you said, it is what it is." Mina answered with a smile.

She didnt really get anything from that answer at all, but it doesn't matter, she talked with Mina without stuttering, that was an achievement.


~~~~

As much as Nayeon hates it, the days flew swiftly. It is now the night for their gifts exchange, the day was 2 days later than January 1st, because it was a holiday so they decided to do it on a weekend instead.

The exchanges were fast because they started a bit late as they wait for everyone to arrive yet it was funny, some people be really just buying gifts without considering the concept. It was difficult, all had agreed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter