Fin.

Try

 

The Myouis and Hirais family are business partner. Their parents already planned to merge their company later when their children old enough & even want them to marry.

Although both of them only have daugthers, they dont really mind.

But when the Myoui and Hirai seniors told their daughter–Myoui Mina and Hirai Momo, about what they've planned ahead for them... the youngsters disagree with this.

Those two didnt want their life to be "fixed" by their parents especially their love life. So although both still try to maintain good relationship between them as a bestfriends who will be there for each other, they agreed not to follow what their parents told them to do because they believe romantic relationship wont work for them. Especially forced one.

><

As they grew older, they met different people and caught in few romantic moments..

They found their own crush and even had their own relationship. Through those times, they always shared their experiences to each other, just like what best friend usually do..

But unfortunately.. None of their relationship worked. Their first relationship ends soo quick and when they found another one, it still didnt work.. no matter how many people they met, no matter how "great" the person they met, no one matched. All always end up as a sad ending..

Momo, was the first one who gave up on her love life. It was during university era where her crush end up being relationship with other person. Due to that unrequinted love, she choose to focus on her campus, career, be the best daughter, and be the best of the best friend mina would ever have.

For mina, her last relationship ends on her senior year at campus. She caught her partner cheated on her. That sad ending somehow made her think that she was noy worth enough.. and since that tragedy.. mina nvr even consider to find any partners and just focus on her future career..

And through those hard time, the one who always stayed by her side, gave so many strenght and distracted her from the bad memories.. was only Momo.

><
 

Years passed by, long after they graduated from campus... Few of their friends already married and their parents urged them to do the same or else, they proceed their plan to marry them together.

But one day, Momo brought up a conversation that both of them never ever touched before.

"Hey Mina" Mina who was reading some files, just hummed at momo's call.
"Why don't we.. Try?"
"Try what?"
"Try to find out whether our parents were right or not.. you know.. about us, being together."

Hearing Momo said that, made Mina dropped her file on the table and looked at Momo with a confused yet surprised look.

"You...are joking right?" Asked Mina
"No.. no I'm not, mina.." momo paused a bit then continued, "You see I've been thinking about this a lot"
"About....what?"
"About us. If we in relationship."
"Momo. We agreed that it wo—"

Before Mina could finish her words, Momo already cut her.. knowing well what kind of words Mina about to say

"Yea yea i know.. but it was back when we were kids right? We were at the stage of wanting to shape our own life. Didn't want to be controlled, especially our love life. But look at us now. We soon will inherit our company, although back then we said we didn't want it.. We've been uncounciously followed what our parents wanted us to achieve and look where we are now.. We did it exactly like what they planned and it wasn't that bad right? So.. maybe they were right.. maybe we should be together."

Those words made Mina drown in her thought for some moment.. She agreed with some points that Momo said. But there was some part of her that still not ready and not sure about this..

"I... i dont know momo.. u know how my last relationship ends.. I was being cheate—"
"I won't do that" Momo cut Mina's word with such confidence and determination.
"I... I know but.. i dont think im wo—"
"You are worth enough for me, Mina."

Hesitancy was sooo evident in Mina's face, totally different with Momo's determined one.

"Mina. We both know each other well. What we like and hate.. our bad habit and such.. so why don't we try? we love each other right?" Asked Momo
"Yeah.. a-as... friends.."
"Then why don't we try to be more than that?"
"Y-you know its not that easy.."
"I'll try to make u love me."

Again.. Words came out so easily from Momo and she looked like she already made up her mind since long time ago. There was no hesitance on her face. On the other hand.. Mina still not sure about everything and ended up making more and more excuses..


"But.. but i dont know if i can make you lo—"
"You dont need to do that."

What momo just said surprised Mina as she quickly threw her sight away from momo, didn't even dare to look at momo's face. She was afraid that momo was gonna say something too shocking for her to handle.

"You dont need to try make me in love with you.." momo gently touched mina's chin and slowly dragged it to face her..
"Because i already did."

Mina gulped nervously and somehow the way momo said that with a kind of stare that mina never saw momo looked at her like that.. stare of adoration..

Mina didn't know why her heart felt warm yet tighten because of it and also seeing Momo acting this forward and determined, kind of made her nervous.. Don't know why.. so she just forced herself to look away from Momo, made the latter let go her gentle grip on Mina's chin.

Yes... Mina still warry. No matter what, her previous experience where she got cheated, will always haunted her.. It made her doubt other's sincerity and she ended up doubting momo again and again..

"Y-you are saying this because you just tired of being single. You just want me as a shortcut.." it was sharp words. But momo's warm smile still there and after a light exhaled, momo said,

"If i told u that my last crush, the one that i had unrequited love with... was you, will you believe me?"

Mina automatically looked towards momo. never ever she could imagine that momo would say something like that.

"Y-you're.. lying right?"
"You know when i lie and when i'm not." Said momo

Sure did. Mina could see that there were no lies written on Momo's face. Although she knew that, she still doubted it. Couldn't believe that her best friend–childhood best friend, was secretly in loved with her.

"But... but you said that she—"
"She was a close friend of mine. I knew her well and she knew me well too. I also told u that we knew each other for a long time.. Did i ever tell you her name? No right? I always hid her identity from you.."
"But—"
"Remember the day you told me your crush confessed to you? The next day, i told you that mine was unrequinted right?"
"So.. it was...me?"

Momo gave mina a warm smile and a soft nod.. and that made mina ensured.. that it was her.. momo had been in loved with her without Mina even noticed.


Mina looked suprised.. Momo knew this would happen and Mina probably needs time to process everything. But Momo didn't want to waste more time. She didn't want to wait anymore.. she didn't want to hide her feelings anymore.

Momo then slowly reached Mina's hand, hold it softly and said,

"I know i have many flaws and i know probably it'll be hard for you to accept my sudden confession or even to love me and i can't guarantee you either that we will work.. but why don't we learn together.. Let's try to make us work, mina." Momo paused a bit, scoot closer to her and asked,

"Would u be my girlfriend.. mina?"



AUTHOR NOTES:

THE END AHAHAHAHA
Sorry it was really short since this was supposed to be posted only on twitter.. But i don't know why i wanted to post it in here to anyway.. 

It's a cliffhanger i'm sorry.. Maybe if i had more idea next time, i'll make a sequel.. but who knows.. I can't really trust my own brain. sometimes i got idea, sometimes i don't.. lol ^^"

anyway.. thank you for always reading my stories and like usual.. if you guys like it, please upvote and you can yell at me (i don't mean harsh comments okay ^^") for this short yet cliffhanger story in the comment bar or you can go to my twitter akkergo5 hehehe~

OH!!!
This could be counted as New Year gift too right?? HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! MAY THIS YEAR BE MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN PREVIOUS!!! 

Stay healthy, stay happy, stay safe everyonee!!!





Kamsahamnida~