Final

My Santa

MY SANTA!

 

Seoul, 23rd December 1996

“Don’t you think it will be cool if Santa comes and gives us many presents?” The brunette-haired little boy said in his cheerful voice whille his eyes fixed on the big Christmas tree in front of their school. No one knows how bad he wished he could touch the star that hang on top of the tree and how he wanted to bring all the snowman dolls home.

But well…

Santa doesn’t like naughty kids. I have to be good so Santa will come and give me many gifts!

He unconciously clapped his hands which lead the older kid shook his head. His eyes never leaves his best friend’s excited face and he didn’t even care with how beautiful the Christmas tree is.

Because Donghae is cuter.

And with that, he said casually, “My sister said Santa isn’t real. It’s just a… tale? Yeah, it must be that. Santa isn’t real.” He regret it immediately when he saw how Donghae –the brunette-haired kid– pouted with his slightly teary-eyes. His long curly hair moved when he stomped his feet.

“You don’t have to say it like that! I still believe Santa is real!” He stomped his feet harder before passing Hyukjae, his best friend.

The weather was too cold for them to walk only with coat as their protection and Hyukjae knows his best friend very well. In a mere three seconds, he caught the brunette-haired steps and took out his gloves. It’s only a pair but he didn’t care. He put one of the gloves to Donghae’s hand and the other to his. Without any doubt, he grabbed their bared hands and intertwined it before he put their hands on his coat’s pocket.

“Don’t be sad, Haehae. I’m sorry.”

Lee Donghae smiled widely with his red cheeks. Though his eyes still looked a bit teary but one thing he knew, Hyukjae always brings happiness to him.

As best friends especially in their age, of course they fought sometimes but no one can part them. No one because in the end, they will seek for each other and forget their fights. It’s always a small fight that didn’t last for even an hour.

For Hyukjae, Donghae is a bright sunshine that loves to bring happiness and spirit to him.

For Donghae, Hyukjae is a moon that always shines no matter how dark the sky is. 

They are still too small to know what they relationship would be in the future. They are still too young to think how they will spend their lives together. They are still to far to even know they are meant to be together forever.

 

.

 

Seoul, 25th December 1996

6 PM, Hyukjae's house

“Pffttt,” Hyukjae pierced his eyes to the other side of his room.

“Ignore her, Son. You look great!” Mrs Lee pats her son’s shoulder as she helped Hyukjae to wear the Santa Claus’ hat. She smiled lovingly as she arranged the special-prepared gift for Donghae, his son’s best friend who lived only five houses apart from their own.

It’s not only content the special gift but also a handwritten letter that Hyukjae wrote.

He sat on his chair, facing his mom who is finally giving the perfectly present. “Now, are you ready to meet your best friend and surprised him, sweetheart?”

“Yes!”

“You look so funny, Hyukjae~”

The last thing Hyukjae gave to his sister before he left was a snort. Lee Sora can’t make him bad mood because hey, he dressed like this too cheer someone. How come that person feels happy if he is not in a good mood?

Mrs Lee screamed a “Fighting!” and Hyukjae replied it with a nod. The walk wasn’t taking a long time as he pressed the bell, waiting for a familiar 30s woman to open the door and squealed as she stared at him.

“Oh my, Hyukjae? Aww, come in, Son. That costume is so good on you!” She hugs her son’s best friend but quickly pull herself as her gaze was replaced by a worry. “Don’t you feel hot or heavy?”

“No aunty. I am totally fine! Can I meet Donghae?!”

If he can look at the mirror now, he will find how his eyes sparkled just with the thought of Donghae. He quickly ran to the stairs when Donghae’s mom answered a yes and promised she will prepare a lot of chocolate cakes and strawberry milks –his favorite.

Only when he was in front of the familiar room, he slower his steps and knocked the door. When Donghae opened the door, Hyukjae started to act like a Santa Claus he had seen on the TV. He faked his voice, make it huskier and touched his fake white beard.

“Hohoho, merry Christmas little Donghae! You’ve been a good kid for this year! Here is a gift from Santa to you!”

Donghae blinked his eyes several times. Trying to disgest what is happening before he threw himself to hug Hyukjae and laughed happily. He even snuggled to Hyukjae’s shoulder and said, “It’s you, Hyukkie! I know you’re cosplaying as a Santa!”

“Huh? How did you know?”

“Because Santa is taller, have a big tummy, and comes with a big big bags!” Donghae laughed again, pull himself and staring at his best friend with a giggles. “I don’t need Santa anyway. As long as I have you, Santa isn’t important! You are the best gift!”

And Hyukjae was more than happy to hear that.

“Really? Do you love me?”

Donghae answered with excited nods and convincing face.

“How big your love for me?”

Donghae pretends to think and with a teasing smile, he tiptoed, raising his hands up and motioned it like a circle while saying, “This big! So big and even bigger than our school, mountains, and Han river!”

Hyukjae smiled proudly, taking-off his fake beard and stared at the mistletoe that hang on top of the door. He leaned closer, surprisingly placing a light peck on Donghae’s lips. The younger one blinked his eyes, tilted his head because he was so confused but Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders and said casually, “My dad always kiss my mom under that plant from yesterday. Since Haehae is so cute, I want to kiss Haehae too”

Little did they know, Lee Donghwa –Donghae’s brother– was hiding behind the wall and saw what they have done with big wide eyes.

“I have to tell mommy!”

 

.

 

Seoul, 25th December 2020

Donghae smiled when he saw the person he has waiting. He approached the man, jumping excitingly as Hyukjae showed what he bought for them, Donghae’s favorite cake and bubble tea. He even placing a light kiss on Hyukjae’s lips which make the older chuckled.

“You are so excited aren’t you?”

Donghae didn’t reply as he walked closer to the Christmas tree they have arranged together. It’s very big since the brunette-haired man wanted the big Christmas tree (saying maybe Santa will come for real if they have big Christmas tree which is such a cute thought in Hyukjae’s mind) and they bought a lot of ornaments to decorate together.

And same like the previous years, Hyukjae embracing the younger from behind letting Donghae to fully lean against his body. The Christmas song was playing as the backsound but he didn’t really pay attention to it. Instead, he inhales the vanilla smell that came from Donghae’s hair. Sweet and calming.

“Merry Christmas, Hyukkie~” Donghae whispered which made Hyukjae smiled. He took Hyukjae’s hand, rubbed it softly as he uttered, “I still remember that day when you came to my house and dressed as a Santa.”

Hyukjae laughed as the memories also came to his mind. Of course he couldn’t forget it. Back then, he didn’t know why he wanted Donghae to be happy. Why he wanted Donghae to always give him his cute smile, why he always felt so ease beside Donghae. Luckily, as he grew up, he found the reason.

“We even had our first kiss on Christmas Day.”

Donghae humming, let Hyukjae to put his hand on his tummy. Twenty four years have passed but they are still together and even as boyfriends who live together. Fortunately, both of their families are open-minded and accept their relationship well.

This year, they can’t celebrate it in another country but Hyukjae has planned what he will do and where they would go on the next Christmas. There is something special he has prepared but sadly it has to be postponed for now.

But it’s okay since he has longer time to prepare for the best present his boyfriend will love so much. And he can’t wait for that day to come.

 

 

Hi!!! Omg, long time no see T_T I miss writing so much and miss this place so muchT_T Sorry for being disappeared for a whileT_T Anyway, merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a cheerful and jolly Christmas!❤️❤️❤️ I hope you enjoy this super short fic and I'm sorry if this is weird fic hahaha. I just can't let this Christmas day pass without posting a fluffy fic ^-^ And yeah, about 'Can I Stay?' I'm still writing it (no, I won't stop or discontinued it) but I'm sorry if I take such a long time, it's because I feel confuse on what I should write for the next scenes kkk. But still, I won't stop and let it hang so I want to say thank you for those who still waiting this fic^-^ And if you need another good fic, I will recommend this fic that written by Kiwicolada, go and check this cute fic!^-^ Last but not least, stay safe and healthy!❤️❤️❤️