A Christmas full of miracles

Christmas Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I don’t believe I ever wrote a Christmas au in omegaverse. But I think something like this would be nice, since sometimes we’re all in need of a miracle. So let’s join our Kang family as they go through some average tough times and still try their best to have a good christmas together. Please enjoy



 

With the streets alive with people walking around, shopping for Christmas gifts, or singing Christmas carols as they walked. Kang Seulgi found herself staring into a toy shop window at all the bright and colorful toys on display. Toys that any child would want, talking dolls, toy cars, keyboards, stuffed animals of every variety from cats to large giraffes even. The alpha smiles a bit, rubbing her hands together from the cold. She had forgotten her gloves this morning, even though her wife had reminded her about five times to not forget her gloves. Seulgi can kind of hear Joohyun’s voice now, sort of teasing, but mostly worried as she gently berates her for not taking her gloves.

 

At least she did have her scarf though. A beige hand stitched scarf that Joohyun had made for her last Christmas as a gift. It was special too in the sense that her wife made one for herself, and so they had matching scarves. Probably why Seulgi never forgot it during the colder weather. The alpha then turns her attention back to the store. Her kids would love some toys out of there, no question. They have been not so subtle about Christmas and hinting around about what they’d like Santa to bring them. Her smile fades when she checks her wallet.

 

“Not nearly enough…”

 

It’s not payday yet, and even still her wage has been shortened at the warehouse where she’s currently working. Not that she’s the only one, other employees have been getting less hours and less money too. Some people have flat out lost their jobs due to cutbacks within the company itself. Seulgi should count herself lucky that she still has a job still, at the same time she has been weighing her options. Money is getting tight and that has been clear since her wages have been shortened. She and Joohyun have been doing the best they could, to simply make sure they had essentials and food in the house. With Joohyun not only taking care of their kids while she’s working 10 hour days, but doing side jobs for others for extra cash. Whether it was doing small tailoring jobs, laundry, or being asked to cook meals for parties. Joohyun did it without any complaint, and Seulgi just thought her mate was the most amazing person in the world.

 

Which is why she had to figure something out here. With less than a month before Christmas she wanted to make sure her family had a good one. Not easy to do when you don’t have a lot of money. However, Seulgi was nothing if not determined and resourceful. She’d figure it out. For now, she really did need to get home as she should have been home an hour ago. She knows Joohyun will be worried soon if she doesn’t show. Seulgi made a mental note to start looking in the paper tomorrow for a second part-time job, maybe something she could do on the weekends to make some extra money.


 

Meanwhile, a dark-haired woman sat in the living room of her house, knitting a pair of socks. Neutral-toned socks, that she had started on because she was nervous. Sometimes, whenever Joohyun is nervous she knits and it eases her anxiety. That and two small children running over to her with hugs.

 

“Mama…” Her eldest gets to her, her firstborn daughter who has her wife’s pretty monolid eyes, and cheeks. Though Seulgi swears she hasn’t passed her round and adorable cheeks onto their eldest daughter. 

 

“Eunjoo, hi, sweetie.” She kisses the top of her daughter’s head. “What’s wrong?”

 

The small child bites down on her lip in a worried way. She doesn’t get to speak yet because her little sister is hurrying over too, and running into Joohyun’s arms. Joohyun holds the little girl in her arms protectively, big brown eyes staring up into her own.

 

“Oh, and Jin-ae too. You two ran over here so fast, did you finish all those cookies I made for you?”

 

“No, mama.” Jinae shakes her head in a cute way. Eunjoo is her oldest at seven and Jin-ae is the baby of the family at five. Both of her daughters are the sweetest, most respectful children she has personally encountered, though she might be a bit biased as they are her pups. 

 

“Then what’s wrong?” The omega asks again. Placing her needle and thread down along with the unfinished sock. She has Eunjoo sit down too with her on the couch and gives her girls undivided attention. Both of her babies look worried now and that only makes Joohyun engulf them in her lavender scent. The two settle down almost instantly as they are comforted by their mom.

 

“It’s just...mommy’s not home yet.” Jinae speaks softly.

 

“It’s late and mommy didn’t get to have dinner with us. Jinae and I tried to make her a plate for later.”
 

Joohyun smiles at the thoughtfulness of her babies. No doubt, the kitchen might be in a bit of a mess. But she doesn’t even mind that part now. She has the sweetest most wonderful children.

 

“I’m sure, mommy is on her way home. I know she’ll appreciate you two making sure she has dinner too.”

 

The two girls lean further into their mom’s embrace. They do miss Seulgi when she’s working and they can’t see her as much. Though, Seulgi always makes up for any lost time on the weekends spending as much time with the two of them as possible. Joohyun herself has often wished that Seulgi didn’t have to work as many long and hard hours as she does. Especially as these days it’s only hard work without nearly as much of the wage it should be. But she loves her wife very much and knows how hard she works to take care of them.

 

“I have an idea, how about we go into the kitchen and make sure mommy has cookies to go with her dinner. Does that sound good?”

 

“Yes!” The children seem to perk up about that, and they all head into the kitchen. Truthfully, the omega was kind of nervous too. Because Seulgi should have been home by now. Joohyun hopes it wasn’t anything with work keeping her back. There are times her boss does ask her to stay extra or pick up more shifts. Seulgi will normally do them too, in the case of overtime pay. And with the holidays coming up soon. Joohyun knows her wife is doing her best to make extra money. She has been picking up extra odd and end type jobs too. Joohyun wants the girls to have a nice Christmas even if their own financial situation isn’t the best. By the time they all set aside cookies for Seulgi too. They can hear the front door opening. Joohyun smiles and turns to her daughters.

 

“Looks like mommy’s home. Let’s go say hi.”

 

Seulgi tiredly leaned up against the front door. Everything ached, her fingers, arms, and legs. All the alpha wanted to do was crawl into the nearest space and fall asleep. She was so exhausted. However, at the sight of her two little girls running over to her was enough to give her an added boost of energy. 

 

“Mommy.” Eunjoo and Jin-ae speak together holding on tightly to their sire. “Welcome home, mommy.”

 

“Hi, babies.” Seulgi whispers softly. Kissing both of them on the cheek. She can see Joohyun standing there too with a warm smile on her face. Nothing was better than coming home from a long day of work to her family. Despite how bad her body feels she picks both them up. The girls let out excited giggles. 

 

“How was your day, girls?”

 

“Good now because you’re home.”

 

“We made you a plate for dinner, mommy. Mama helped us make you a plate of cookies too.”

 

“That’s very sweet, Eunjoo, Jin-ae. I will eat well, but I’m sure that mama and I have to get you ready for bed.”

 

Joohyun loved how devoted Seulgi was to their family. No matter how tired her mate was from work. She always made sure to be there to help her get the girls ready for bed, taking care of bath time, brushing teeth, getting them into pajamas, and bedtime stories too. By the time Eunjoo was asleep in bed, because Jinae was already fast asleep. Seulgi looked quite exhausted, though she still managed to smile anyway.

 

“Hi,” Seulgi finally greets Joohyun properly with a kiss to her lips. “How was your day, Hyun? Did you have to do a lot of odd…” The alpha yawns and Joohyun simply hugs her and gently pats her back. 

 

“No, it was a slow day for me. Just me and the girls, now come on. I need to make sure you eat something.”

 

The alpha honestly wanted to sleep so badly. At the same time, she hadn’t eaten since lunch and that was hours ago. Joohyun holds one of her hands and leads her down into the kitchen. She kisses her cheek softly before heating up the plate of food the girls put to the side for her. Joohyun grabs a glass and fills it with lemonade she had made herself.

 

“Here, honey. Please eat something.”

 

“Thank you, Hyun.” Seulgi gently squeezes her hand before starting to eat the vegetables, rice, and stew beef on her plate. It amazed Seulgi how her mate could stretch their budget so well and still managed to have a complete meal for everyone. Most of the vegetables and fruits did come from Joohyun’s own garden on their property. It did save them some money as far as certain food went.

 

“Before we go to bed, I’ll rub your shoulders and back down in some of that mint oil I made. It should help with some of those aches.”

 

“I’m not…” Seulgi can’t even lie to her mate. She never could lie to Joohyun. The omega who frowns in a slightly worried way.

 

“You’re on your feet for most of your work day. I know you’re in pain.”

 

“Just a little. Thank you, Hyun.”

 

“We are a team, no? We do whatever we can for our family and one another.”

 

The couple held hands for a moment. Seulgi caressed her knuckles in an absentminded way. Joohyun could tell Seulgi was thinking hard about something. She had a feeling it had to be about Christmas. Their girls were hinting about certain things they would like from Santa. Not in a pushy or overbearing way, but in that sweet innocent sort of way that the couple would give them the entire world could they afford it. 

 

“Seul?”

 

“Yes?” The monolid woman looks up from her plate, meeting those pretty big brown eyes of her other half.

 

“I’ve been saving up money too, so I’m sure we can give the girls a lovely Christmas. I don’t want you to worry about it too much. What matters most is us being together as a family.”

 

While that was certainly true. The most important thing was them being together, and fortunately she would have the holiday and weekend off. Seulgi couldn’t wait to spend those days with her favorite people in the whole world.

 

“I can’t help to worry a bit, Hyun. Things aren’t getting easier at work. I saw at least two people let go today.” The alpha sighs. Her biggest fear is being one of the employees let go. Sure she’s a hard worker with a family. So are other people too who were laid off. Being out of work isn’t an option. Not when she has a family to take care of.

 

“I know, Seul.” Joohyun has not only been hearing about it from her wife. She keeps up with the news too, and how the main company is making a lot of layoffs just to stay a float. The thought of Seulgi being out of work has crossed her mind too. They rely a lot on her paycheck. “Let’s think positively, honey. It’s soon going to be Christmas, so we do have that to look forward to.”

 

“Yeah, you’re right, Hyun. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Seulgi.”

 

After Seulgi ate her dinner and got a bath. The alpha changed into her pajamas and together with her mate they did their last check on the girls. Both who were sleeping soundly in their room. Little Jin-ae clutching her stuffed bunny and Eunjoo wrapped up in her fluffy orange blanket. The parents share smiles and then heed to their room down the hall. Joohyun tells Seulgi to sit while she gets the mint oil she was talking about. On many nights the omega has rubbed her down in the areas that hurt the most. She sits behind Seulgi and rubs her shoulders first.

 

“When your next pay day comes, after we’ve set aside some money into the house safe. Let’s see what we have so far combined. I know we can give the girl’s a nice Christmas.”

 

“Alright, that sounds good, Hyun.” Seulgi closes her eyes and leans back against her other half. Taking in that calming lavender scent that relaxes her instantly. “Oh, Hyun?”

 

“Yes, honey?”

 

“You never said what you wanted.”

 

Joohyun goes quiet and thinks. She hasn’t really thought about anything in particular as everything she wants she already has. Her wife, their kids, this life they have built together. She responds with a kiss to her alpha’s soft pink lips.

 

“I don’t need anything I don’t already have, Seul. Ready for bed?”
 

Seulgi still felt like she wanted to give Joohyun something, anything to show her appreciation to her, the love of her life, mate, and mother of her pups. Maybe, she can surprise Joohyun with a nice gift too. She did want to tell Joohyun she planned to get a second job. Maybe not now, though. The alpha gets into bed and wraps her arms around Joohyun who leans into her embrace. 

 

“Hey, Seul.”

 

“Yes, Hyun.” 

 

“We’re going to be okay. No matter what happens, we’re always a team. We can face everything as long as we do so together.”

 

Seulgi smiled and nodded as she gently cupped the side of Joohyun’s face. Her other half was right. There was nothing the two of them couldn’t do together. They had always been a team in everything they did. Nothing would change that no matter what challenges came their way.

 

“I am so thankful it’s you that’s by my side, Hyun. I can’t imagine going through life with anyone else.”


 

And Seulgi meant that. She would also do anything for her wife and pups. Anything at all, and so when she had a break at work the next day. Seulgi opened up the newspaper to the classified sections. All she needed was something to do on her weekends, at least to make some extra cash. The alpha wasn’t even picky either, as long as it wouldn’t clash with her current job. Before Seulgi could circle a few of the jobs she found interesting. She hears a loud commotion and several workers looking at one of the mechanics coming in from talking with the boss.

 

“Oh yeah, well you too!” Park Sooyoung shouts and gives the middle finger as she walks off. Seulgi has spent a few lunches with the taller alpha. She’s funny and a damn good mechanic. The redhead walks over to her and smiles.

 

“Hey, you’re on a break right, Kang. Come on, I could use the company.”

 

“Oh, but…”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m fired so who the cares. I’ve got all the time to waste now, thank god too. This company can’t afford me anyway. Come on.” 

 

Seulgi can’t even say no anyway as the taller woman is already dragging her outside. Well, Seulgi supposes she can get some fresh air for a few moments. However, if someone like Sooyoung can be laid off, who is actually very good at her job. What’s stopping her from being laid off too. The taller alpha sighs in a relaxed way and leans against the railing. She doesn’t strike Seulgi as someone who has just lost her job. In fact, Sooyoung doesn’t seem that worried at all.

 

“Um…”

 

“Feels good to be free.” Sooyoung admits. “This place is going to fast, Kang. You might want to get out now when you can.”

 

Seulgi knows that the company isn’t doing as well as it had been when first opening. She’s been here for the last five years and the differences from then to now are eye-opening.

 

“Aren’t you worried about work? You’ve got a wife and a child, right?” Seulgi is sure she’s heard Sooyoung mention her family before.

 

“Oh yea.” she nods. “I’ve got a wife and kid.” She opens her wallet and shows off a picture of a pretty blonde-haired omega who reminds Seulgi of a baby turtle in the face, and a little boy who looks very much like Sooyoung. Big brown eyes and cheeks and a similar smile too.

 

“So you’re not worried about being out of work?”

 

“No,” Sooyoung shakes her head. “I’ve got a ing degree to fall back on. Besides, I’ve been applying to places months in advance in case. What about you? I hope you’re making your escape plan, Kang. They’re just firing people left and right.”

 

Seulgi had a feeling that Sooyoung wasn’t wrong as far as needing an escape plan. She needed to put in some applications now, it didn’t matter what the job was at this point. No one’s job was guaranteed at this point, and though she knew she wouldn’t be as calm as Sooyoung is right now. She still needed to be prepared for the worst scenario.

 

“Well,” Sooyoung stretches a bit. “I’ll see you around, Kang. Maybe, we can go for a beer or so. You’ve got a mate and some kids too, right? Maybe, we’ll all meet up and have dinner together or something.”

That sounded nice and Seulgi told her so. It sounded like a good idea, and maybe before the holidays they could plan something. There was never anything wrong with having some actual friends. For all she knew Joohyun and Sooyoung’s wife might end up getting along well and being friends too. Plus, she could get to know Sooyoung better. She always did appreciate how bold and honest the other alpha was.

 

“Yeah, I’d like that Sooyoung. Happy holidays to you and your family though. In case, we don’t get to meet up soon.”

 

“Yeah, same to you, Kang.” Sooyoung nods with a salute. “Now, I’m off to tell my wife I’ll be home a bit early today, and maybe the next day too. See you.”

 

Seulgi laughs despite herself. She has no idea how the other alpha can be so nonchalant. Either way she does respect it to a certain extent. Seulgi opens her newspaper again. She better call a few of the places she circled in case.


 

Joohyun had opened the door to see her and Seulgi’s close friend Seungwan. The beta smiled tiredly as she greeted her with a hug and a bag.

 

“What’s this for, Seungwan?”

 

“Oh, I got some gifts for the girls.” The beta shows her the prettily wrapped blue and silver boxes. Two each for Jin-ae and Eunjoo. Seungwan without fail always makes sure to give the girls gifts for all important holidays, and birthdays too. Their friend is honestly pretty well off and has offered to help should they ever need help financially. Joohyun has even had Seungwan ask her for help with some odd jobs too. Not because Seungwan needs the help. She was just trying to help her friends out, and Joohyun always appreciates it.

 

“They will love them, thank you, Wan. I’ll just put them upstairs until Christmas.”

 

“Where are my adorable nieces anyway?”

 

“My friend Jennie and her wife Chaeyoung took them out for the day. I couldn’t say no because they had a fun day planned. And it gives me a little time to finish these socks and blanket. Then make dinner by the time the girls and Seul are home.”

 

Seungwan frowns in concern. She knows how very hard her friends work to support their family and it’s quite admirable. It’s why she helps out when she can. 

 

“Hey, let me make dinner. You’ve got enough going on, it’s the least I can do. If you check the bag there’s some gifts in there for you and Seul too.”

 

“Wan, you didn’t have to.” The omega says sincerely. “You know Seul and I can’t afford to give you…”

 

“Hey..” She gently cuts her friend off. “I’m not giving you guys gifts for you to pay me back. It’s nearing Christmas and I don’t mind. You have enough worries on your plate as it is, with taking care of your family, one another, and I’m sure Seul’s worried about her job. I’ve read about more layoffs expected.”

 

“Yes, she’s worried about it. I am too, honestly. I actually saw her this morning at breakfast looking through the work ads. So I am worried she’s looking for another job now. She already works so hard to take care of us, a second job would just exhaust her even more.”

 

Joohyun knows that Seulgi didn’t see her there when she noticed how she was looking at the help wanted ads in particular. It means Seulgi is looking for extra work and that saddens Joohyun in a way. Because her mate must be so worried about being able to take care of their family. Joohyun would prefer her to not exhaust herself as she already works very hard as it is. The omega doesn’t even realize she’s crying at first until Seungwan gives her a hug.

 

“What’s wrong, Joohyun? This can’t all be about Seul’s work, or even Christmas. The girls will have a good Christmas that I’m sure. You both work so hard to make sure they have everything they need. And you know I am more than glad to help.” Seungwan had even put it out there to Seulgi if she needed work. She would be more than happy to assist. Because Seungwan knows people and could help her out there. Seulgi had politely declined though, which Seungwan did understand. Part of it was that alpha pride and not wanting to feel like they can’t support or provide for their family.

 

“I just have to finish these socks and..” She sighs and sits down on the comfortable rocking chair by the fireplace. “Alright, I’ll tell you, but I’m going to need your word you won’t tell Seul.”

 

Now the beta was worried more than ever. She hated to keep anything from Seulgi, as she is her friend too. And yet she can see how distressed Joohyun is actually, and so she agrees to not say anything.

 

“Sure, Joohyun. I won’t say anything, what’s going on?”

 

The omega takes a breath and settles her nerves. She has to say something to someone, preferably her wife would have been the first. Yet, at the same time Joohyun knows she’s very stressed as it is, and maybe Joohyun needed to say it out loud just so she can deal with her first before telling her mate.

 

“I’m pregnant.”

 

Seungwan’s eyes are about to pop out of her head. She surely wasn’t expecting to hear that at all. This is of course wonderful news, but the timing must sure be awful in Joohyun’s mind if she’s this worried. Seungwan smiles anyway.

 

“That’s a good thing though, right? Are you unhappy about another baby Kang?”

 

Joohyun smiles a bit, uneasily. “Of course I’m happy about this. I just have no idea how to tell Seulgi. She’s already stressed mentally trying to make sure our girls have a good Christmas and her job.” The omega nervously holds her needle and socks she was stitching. Socks that Seulgi just assumed were for one of their neighbors. When in reality there were for their new pup to be. She had wanted to tell her mate several times. Only could never bring up the courage she needed to do so. Joohyun knows Seulgi will be happy. They had talked about at least one more child to complete their family. Though this latest pregnancy hadn’t been officially planned by any means. She worried about when and how to tell her wife anyway.

 

“Hey, Joohyun.” The beta speaks with a kind tone in her voice. “I know you’re nervous. But Seul will be so happy about the baby, and I think as soon as you can try and tell her. You don’t want to be clearly showing and still trying to hide it or anything like that. Everything will be okay.”

 

Joohyun thanks her for the comforting words and she does feel a bit better. Seungwan sticks around to help with dinner and naturally the omega asks her to stay. The girls would no doubt be glad to see her and Seulgi as well. Of course, to no surprise the girls are back home before Seulgi is. Eunjoo and Jin-ae hurry to Seungwan and give her such big hugs. Seungwan adores the girls and treats them very much like her nieces for real, if she were to have any.

 

“Hi, Auntie Wan. Are you staying for dinner?” Eunjoo asks with a bright smile that’s all Seulgi’s, eyes forming crescent shapes and all.

 

“Are you staying?” Jin-ae smiles too, though her face and features are more that of Joohyun’s. Both of them adorable and well-behaved kids.

 

“Yes, that’s right, I’m staying. I also might have made some chocolate cake for dessert too.”

 

“Yay!” Two excited girls cheer out, probably for the chocolate cake most of all. But Seungwan is not offended.

 

“Okay, girls. Time to wash your hands and get ready for dinner, alright.” Joohyun tells them with kisses to their foreheads.

 

“We have to wait for mommy.”

 

“Yeah, we have to wait for mommy. She can’t miss dinner again.”

 

It breaks her heart to hear how her girls speak sadly then. She wants Seulgi to be home too for dinner as well. She doesn’t like the times when she has to work extra hours and misses dinner with the family. 

 

“Mommy will be home soon, we’ll wait.”


 

 

Seulgi had gotten off work in a reasonable hour. Tired and achy from standing up and moving boxes for a large part of her day. The alpha was so ready to go home and see her family she loved. Pay day was soon enough and she looked forward to being able to get gifts for her kids and something special for Joohyun too. She’s been doing a lot of overtime and there should be a Christmas bonus of some sort, even if it wasn't going to be as large as the previous ones. But because the alpha was so tired she was a fair target for other alphas, larger and bigger alphas, who cornered her and tried to mug her.

 

“I don’t have very much money on me.” Seulgi tried to explain. They didn’t want to hear that, however, and Seulgi did try to defend herself. She might be on the smaller side for an alpha but she has strength. It wasn’t enough to overpower the two others who were taller and not exhausted like she was. Seulgi was beaten and mugged anyway for whatever she had, which wasn’t much money. They probably got away with ten dollars at most and by the time Seulgi had come to. She could hear a familiar voice calling out to her.

 

“Kang, what the hell!” Sooyoung noticed her former co-worker and helped her to her feet. “What happened?”

 

“I fell.”

 

“You fell, really? I had no idea the streets were fighting back these days. Come on, let me help you at least get some ice for now. My wife’s a medic she can…”

 

“Soo?” The blonde omega who is in the photo of Sooyoung’s wallet comes over and pauses when she sees the alpha beaten up. “Hey, let me take a look. I’ve got a first aid kit on me.”

 

“I don’t want to trouble you, uh…”

 

“Yerim.” The omega smiles kindly. “Come on, sit. Let me at least clean up the blood. You don’t want to go home to your wife looking like , do you?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter