Christmas Chocolates

Christmas, is only Christmas when I'm with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I did want to write something with chocolate making in mind, seemed like a very holiday thing to do, at least I think it would be fun to do with someone’s significant other. This is for you, MeloMera, my dear friend. I know it’s not much, but maybe it’ll make you laugh/and or smile, and Merry Christmas to you ^^ thank you for being such a great friend



 

The feeling of a soft body collapsing on top of her, woke Bae Joohyun up. Or rather, Joohyun pretended to still be asleep. Maybe she was enjoying her fiancé’s body on top of hers. There was then the feel of impossibly soft lips against Joohyun’s cheek. It was getting much harder to pretend to be asleep now. Not when all Joohyun wanted to do was turn toward the love of her life and kiss those lips.

 

“I know you’re not sleeping, Hyunnie.” 

 

Joohyun still doesn’t move yet. If her fiancé wanted her to wake up, then she’d have to work for it. The next thing she knows she feels a hand onto her chin and another soft kiss to her lips.

 

“Come on, Baechu.” The nickname is teased, and that has Joohyun open her eyes to see the warm smile of her other half. Joohyun gets lost in those pretty and bright monolid eyes. How could she even pretend to be asleep when she could wake up to Kang Seulgi. The very love of her life, her other half, and soulmate. Soon to be wife, when they get around to actual wedding plans. One step at a time, though. Joohyun already had the ring and that was the main important step.

 

“There you are.” Seulgi whispers and pushes her dark locks away from her pale cheeks. “I knew you weren’t sleeping.”

 

“Oh, but what if I was. You would have ruined perfectly good beauty sleep, Kang Seulgi.” Joohyun teases and reaches over to touch the side of a tanned cheek. How many times has she looked at this beautiful yet handsome face? How many times had she touched Seulgi’s round and cute cheeks before placing kisses onto them. Countless, probably. Maybe it’s different because this woman she loves so much is going to be her wife? Or maybe, Joohyun just can’t help that she stares at Seulgi as if committing every detail of her to memory.

 

“You’re already beautiful, you don’t sleep for that. I’m glad you’re up, Hyun. Because we have plans today.”

 

Seulgi does move off of her and sits down on the bed next to her love. Joohyun looks so cute with a slightly puzzled expression. It’s clear that her other half probably forgot about their plans.

 

“The party at Yerim and Sooyoung’s?” Joohyun mentions, since she is sure the younger couple are doing their annual Christmas party they do every year.

 

“No, they postponed it to Sunday, so it’s not that. Want to take another guess, I’ll give you three, so this will be your second.”

 

Now, Joohyun pouts for another reason. She wasn’t informed this was to be a guessing game. So it’s not all that fair she only has two guesses left. However, the warm and tender smile on Seulgi’s face. Makes her feel better, and deep down Joohyun knows there won’t be any real issue if she doesn’t guess right. If anything, Seulgi might lightly . But nothing major.

 

“Dinner with your parents?”

 

That had to be it. She and Seulgi always go over to her parent’s place before Christmas, for dinner and gift exchange. Seulgi’s parents have always been so lovely and kind to her, and anytime she spent with them made Joohyun feel as close to her own family as possible. Since she doesn’t always get to see her own family as often, since they live a bit further away. And it’s more special this year, going to have dinner with Seulgi’s parents, since they are engaged now. They will all officially be family soon.

 

“Yes, but that’s not it.”

 

“What?” Joohyun laughs. “Are you messing with me?”

 

“No, we really do have dinner with them. But that’s not the main plan for today. Hyun, did you seriously forget.” Seulgi pretends to wail and wraps her arms around the shorter woman, who simply hugs her and pats her back.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Seul? What did I forget.”

 

The monolid woman looks at her then. “I only had one request, Hyunnie. It was for us to make chocolates together this year, or at least try to. Don’t tell me you forgot today is the day. We even put it in red marker on the calendar so no one could back out.”

 

Or in other words so you wouldn’t back out. Joohyun remembered their discussion about attempting to make homemade chocolates for the holidays. Seulgi was simply so excited about it, particularly after watching a series of baking shows, and Joohyun naturally didn’t have the heart to tell her no. Despite the fact that Joohyun was sure as hell worried about what kind of state their kitchen would be in. Seeing as how neither one of them had never even attempted to make chocolates.

 

“No, I remember. But are you absolutely sure you want to make chocolates, Seul? Wouldn’t it be safer to just buy chocolates.”

 

“What do you think will happen, Hyun? It’s not like we’re going to burn the kitchen down or something.”

 

“Not again, you mean.” Joohyun teases her and Seulgi’s face gets red from embarrassment.

 

“That was a one time incident, besides the fire didn’t spread too badly or anything.” it wasn’t exactly the best moment, of course. When the meals they were trying to prepare for one another somehow caught fire in the process. It was almost like a chain reaction of sorts. Seulgi’s rice burned first and then Joohyun’s shrimp too, it was an entire mess. They did make the most of it, by ordering takeout and spending that evening playing video games and having a much needed date night in. So the mess aside, they made the most of it. Which Seulgi is sure they can do again, in the event the chocolate making should somehow turn disastrous. Seulgi chooses to remain optimistic.

 

“Can we please make chocolate together, Hyun?” Seulgi looks so hopeful. There was simply no way Joohyun would actually turn her down. She could not ever really say no to the woman she loves.

 

“Alright, let’s make chocolates.”

 

The way Seulgi excitedly jumped up from the bed. Almost like a kid on Christmas day to open presents. Yeah, there was no way Joohyun would have actually told her no. Not when Seulgi looked so happy and grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers, in the way Joohyun loves. They head for the kitchen together, and now Joohyun feels excited in a way she wasn’t earlier. All thanks to Seulgi who’s general excitement has rubbed off on her. That was how it always was, however. Seulgi had such infectious energy that whenever the other woman was excited. Joohyun could become so as well. Joohyun has a seat at the kitchen island while Seulgi starts collecting ingredients they need. 

 

Cocoa butter, cocoa powder, milk powder, honey, confectioners sugar. Even extra of those ingredients in case something should go wrong. 

 

“Where’s your kiss the cook apron?” Seulgi turns when she hears Joohyun ask her that. 

 

“Oh, and why would I need that, hm?” She smiles knowingly, because she knows exactly why her fiancé is asking her that. Oftentimes, Joohyun will simply take full advantage of the words, ‘kiss the cook’. To the point where Seulgi knew it was just an excuse to kiss her. Not that Seulgi ever complained about it. 

 

“Because you look so cute in it. I bought it especially for you, you know.”

 

She really did. It was a sweet gift, when Seulgi had expressed an interest in cooking more and learning new things. Seulgi really liked the apron because it was black with orange letters, and she could tell Joohyun probably had it custom made no doubt. Because there was a cute bear symbol on it. She liked it so much that she went and got one similar for Joohyun too. But Joohyun’s apron has purple lettering and bunny symbol on hers. A nod to the fact that everyone suggests they look like a bunny and bear.

 

“It’s like we have a real life Cony and Brown.” Or so they’ve heard. 

 

“Is that all, or do you want to just use the chance to kiss me?”

 

Joohyun has this soft smile on her face. Seulgi isn’t entirely wrong or anything. On more than one occasion Joohyun had kissed her plenty of times while she wore her apron. Seulgi did really look cute in that apron though, not that her other half wasn’t always so cute to her. Because she was. 

 

“Hey, do you see this?” The dark-haired woman shows off her hand in a dramatic manner. “This ring on my finger means I can kiss you whenever I want, because I am going to be your wife.”

 

Seulgi walks over to her and grabs a gentle hold of her hand that has the engagement ring. The gorgeous cushion-cut ring that she knew Joohyun personally had her eye on whenever they would pass the jewelry store. It was her then-girlfriend’s not so subtle way of hinting to her that she would like a ring like that should they get married. The thing that always really got to Seulgi was how Joohyun picked the perfect ring for her, without even having to hear any hints. Joohyun just paid attention to all sorts of tiny details, and Seulgi always appreciated that about the woman she loved. Then again, there was a connection that often didn’t need words for the other to understand them.

 

“That’s true, you do have those soon-to-be-wife privileges. Okay, how about I wear my apron if you wear yours? This chocolate making is a team effort after all.”

 

Joohyun agrees, and so she goes to get her apron too. Seulgi already had all the ingredients ready, having looked up quite a few recipes after she watched so many baking shows that one weekend. Joohyun never forgot that weekend, as it was hard to get Seulgi’s attention. The woman sat there in their living room, literally binge watching show after show. It got to the point that Joohyun sat there w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter