First Human Friend

Hello, humans!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Clearing , the radiant raven-haired vampire stood tall at a podium in front of a small crowd of students and a few police officers. “Hello, Humans! Welcome to the Integration of Vampires in Society Project,” greeted the woman in a cheerful voice.

 

“For twenty years, humans and vampires have been living peacefully in society. Here at Vamp Academy, we intend on contributing to this unity. I am grateful and thrilled to see new volunteers. Has everyone filled in the indemnity forms and emergency contact details?”

 

The raven-haired woman peculiarly glanced sympathetically at the vampires; not at the humans. All five humans shared the same thoughts. What happened here, and why do the vampires look gloomy?

 

Standing among her rebellious friends, Wendy was awestruck, not because of fear, but by the absurdity of the raven hair’s statement. None of us volunteered here. We actually flirted our way here with the very same policemen standing around us. It was either 7 days of community service or 2 weeks serving as an unpaid intern in the police station.

 

Accidently listening to Wendy's private thoughts, the raven-haired forgot her own train of thoughts, pausing awkwardly while gazing towards the sky. It appeared that Sunmi was paying respect to the students involved in the incident a few months ago - only causing the humans' hearts to beat faster.

 

Sensing the nervousness, the raven-haired gazed softly at the humans in reassurance. “I am Sunmi, the mentor in charge of these five precious vampire graduates as well as the rest of you. None of them know who is their assigned human partner; only you know this information. I need the five of you to think of only your vampire's name and nothing else.”

 

Sunmi quietly addressed the vampires as she expected them to use their sense of hearing. “Your very first task is to find your human using mind-reading ability. There will be a penalty for the losing team. Best of luck. Begin!”

 

The rebels behaved like...well rebels, purposely letting their mind wander.

 

Is this included in our 50 hours? I'm going to kill as much time as I can, Seulgi thought to herself while bobbing her head to imaginary music.

 

They don't look anything like the glistening vampires from the movies. Where are the werewolves? Yeri frowned in disappointment to herself.

 

I should have eaten earlier, Hwasa thought to herself while hearing her grumbling stomach. Is there any normal food nearby?

 

Moonbyul smirked to herself, rating the vampires based on their appearance. The vampire with sleek black hair looks bang-worthy fang-worthy. I'd rate her as a 9 out of ten. Her only flaw is being a vampire.

 

Wendy puzzled to herself. Besides their need for blood, do vampires still have ual needs? The brunette with the porcelain skin looks like a feisty vampire.

 

The vampires grew more and more frustrated upon hearing the irrelevant thoughts and uncomplying attitude. An idea sprung to mind when Irene heard the word “feisty”.

 

The brunette winked at Sunmi to show that she has a plan and is in a sound state of mind. As the class president, Irene had to do something to help the other vampires. Within seconds, her eyes blinked red while her claws and fangs retracted simultaneously and she had feigned a menacing look on her face.

 

There's no time like the present, Nayeon. Seulgi tried to charm Nayeon with her thoughts into finding her. Joy, I'm sure you look even better than the vampires in the movies. Prove it to be true and show yourself. Yeri's hoped that the vampire would be vain.

 

I hope the scary vampire won't make a meal of me. I'm still hungry too. Where are you Wheein? Hwasa looked around.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter