Curious

The Curious Case of Bae Joohyun

 

“Seul, Joohyun Unnie is here to see you.” Wendy left the front door open so the guest could come in.

 

“Hey~ Why are you here instead of being with your boyfriend, Unnie?” Seulgi greeted Joohyun in the living room, taking a space beside her, and sat along.

 

“Wait. Let me guess.. Another fight?” Seulgi added. The older woman nodded.

 

“Why all the men are the same? They can only think dirty things and want nothing but , , and ,” Joohyun complained, blurting all of her feelings to her best friend.

 

Seulgi and Joohyun were best friends since the second year of college. Joohyun entered the college late by one year, thus they were in the same year despite Joohyun’s older age. They were introduced by Wendy. Seulgi was Wendy’s housemate and they have lived together since they were in the third year of high school. They were best friends since elementary school so it’s not weird if one day, Wendy decided to be independent and asked Seulgi to live with her. Seulgi didn’t even need to have a second thought and said yes almost immediately.

 

Wendy and Seulgi went to different universities, unfortunately. Seulgi wanted to take Business Major while Wendy was interested in Literature. Wendy met Joohyun and they became close in no time. They had the same passion for fashion and music, making them often hanging out together. Wendy introduced Joohyun to Seulgi. Wendy didn’t know how and when both women with totally different characteristics became close and soon be inseparable best friends. But Wendy knew both Seulgi and Joohyun were good friends so she let them be.

 

“What did he ask this time?” Seulgi stood up, went to the fridge to take two cans of cold beers, and gave one to Joohyun. She knew her friend needed it.

 

“Thanks’. And yeah. What else? I thought he was different. It turned out he’s the same as other jerks I dated before.” Joohyun opened the can and gulped it, drinking half of the can in one go.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“He asked me on a date. He lived alone and he asked me to join him for a coffee. I knew something wrong would happen but since he asked it before and I had explained to him why I couldn’t do it, I thought he would understand.” Joohyun started. She put the can back on the coffee table and leaned back.

 

“We kissed, made out, and it turned hotter by seconds. We proceeded and went to second base. I stopped him and bang. The fight took place. Geez.” Joohyun sighed.

 

“It’s kind of normal, to be honest. You two had been together for one year and a half. If I am not mistaken, he’s the patient one so far. Your exes would have asked it only 3 to 4 months after dating.” Seulgi commented.

 

“Yeah. But still.. Sighed.. Why must I have this kind of phobia? From all kinds of phobias existed, why I have to get the worst one?” Joohyun muttered sadly.

 

Joohyun had a medorthophobia or fear of erected . It was surely odd for her to being scared of her own boyfriend’s but that’s what happened to her. She would run or scream once the revealed before her eyes. Blame it to her uncle who shamelessly showed her his and tried to harass her ually plus mentally when she was still 10 years old. It left her with bad memories and what’s worst was, the fact that she got that phobia that made her unable to proceed to have normal with her boyfriend.

 

“Have you ever tried to consult it to the therapist?” Seulgi asked calmly.

 

“I have. It didn’t change anything. She even showed me a and such, saying it would make me used to the . I threw the and ran away from the room.” Joohyun’s cheeks reddened a bit, remembering that awful event a year ago.

 

“That calamity happened almost 13 years ago, Unnie. You should have moved on from it by now. So why? You have broken up with 6.. wait.. 8 men due to the same reason and Jungkook would probably be the 9th.” Seulgi emptied her beer and squeezed the bottle before dumping it into the trash bin.

 

“I know but if I can, I don’t want to break up with him. He is the best compared to my exes. I happen to love him very much.” Joohyun earnestly said, didn’t notice the change of expression in Seulgi’s face when Joohyun said she loved him.

 

“That’s good for you. I never saw you in love with any of your boyfriends so far.” Seulgi masked a smile.

 

“Isn’t there any way I can overcome my problem, Seul? I wanted to have too. Most of my friends have done it. You too, right?” Joohyun turned to Seulgi.

 

“Yeah. I did.” Seulgi nodded slightly.

 

“Can’t you help me?” Joohyun sounded desperate

 

“It might be silly, but have you ever tried being with a woman instead, Unnie?” Wendy suddenly came, looking fresher after the bath.

 

“Yah! Don’t say weird things to her.” Seulgi exclaimed.

 

“Just saying.” Wendy shrugged.

 

“Anyway, Unnie. Are you staying for the night?” Wendy dried her hair with a smaller towel.

 

“Perhaps. I don’t have any plans just yet. Why is that?” Joohyun asked in return.

 

“I am planning to hang out with my friends in class and I don’t know what time I will be back home so I would be very grateful if you are here to accompany Seulgi.” Wendy smiled.

 

“I am not a kid, thank you. I can sleep alone without any problem.” Seulgi frowned, didn’t like the idea of Wendy asking help from Joohyun just because of that simple reason.

 

“It’s fine. I will accompany you here then. Besides, I am not sure I will reconcile with him any time soon.” Joohyun ignored Seulgi’s remark.

 

“Oh. Do you have another fight? Tsk.. Men are like that; ert, arrogant, and selfish.” Wendy walked to the balcony, hanging her towel, and came back.

 

“I will get ready then. Thank you for the help, Joohyun Unnie.”

 

“No worries.”

 

“But really. I don’t mind staying alone tonight.” Seulgi said.

 

“And I don’t mind accompanying my best friend tonight.” Joohyun retorted. Seulgi sighed for there was no way she could win over her.

 

“Back to the topic. Have you ever watched a movie?” Seulgi asked. Joohyun shook her head shyly. Well, she was 23 already yet she never watched . Yes, she admitted she ever saw a real and ran her life from that thing but she never saw one on TV.

 

“I got a few collections. Perhaps by getting used to seeing it, you can overcome your phobia? Because you are already 23 and eventually you have to have well.. and even put that thing inside you, Unnie.” Joohyun grimaced imagining what Seulgi had just said.

 

“It’s true, Unnie! Unless if you consider what Wendy just suggested.” Seulgi laughed.

 

“It’s not even an option. Yes, what my uncle had done to me left a bad impression and weird sickness but I still like men. Phobia is enough. I don’t want to be gay added to my list down of bizarre things happen in life.” Joohyun became serious.

 

“I see. Well, let’s stuff some snacks into our tummies for now while waiting for Wendy to go. I don’t want her caught us watching that you know.” Seulgi smiled.

 

“Good idea.” Joohyun said in a delighted tone.

 

Little did Joohyun know that the short conversation had made Seulgi’s heart shattered into pieces. Seulgi had liked Joohyun. She was a cool person to hang out with. She never knew when and how it happened; how she like feeling turned into something deeper called love. She thought it was the only infatuation at first, or maybe merely attraction but not to the point that she would be willing to do anything to make the latter happy, even when it meant she had to be hurt in the process. Well, people said that love was sincere and full of sacrifices, right? And that’s what actually happened to her.

---

 

Seulgi’s eyes were watching some shows on the TV but her mind wandered somewhere else. Joohyun just texted her, saying that she had reconciled with Jungkook and they were okay by now. Joohyun still couldn’t have with him but at least she made a progress. She could do to the point he would close his eyes while Joohyun’s name. Her ity hadn’t been ruined but at least her boyfriend didn’t complain as much anymore.

 

“Hey.” Seulgi felt a tap on her shoulder.

 

“Oh. Hey, Wan! When did you come in?” Seulgi lowered the volume of the TV.

 

“Around 5 minutes ago. I went in, taking off my shoes, going to the kitchen and emptying your orange juice, and finally staring at you for the past 2minutes.” Wendy nonchalantly answered.

 

“Uh. I am sorry for not knowing.” Seulgi smiled a little.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing is wrong. How was the exam? Did you do well?” Seulgi tried to change the topic but she should have known that her friend was much wittier and smarter than that.

 

“I am pretty confident.” Wendy shortly said.

 

“Oh, so this is why. Joohyun Unnie had successfully being lovey-dovey with him again thanks’ to you. I assume your help works wonder.” Wendy placed the phone back.

 

“Yah! Who told you to carelessly take a peek at my message?! It’s confidential!” Seulgi protested and quickly hid her mobile phone, away from Wendy’s reach.

 

“Why did you do that?” Wendy asked with concerns mirrored in her eyes.

 

“What did I do what?” Seulgi said in a not so nice tone. She was still being annoyed with what Wendy just did.

 

“Why did you help her? You know it would only hurt you.” Wendy asked more clearly. She cared for Seulgi so much that she felt sad just by seeing her best friend gloomy.

 

“Because she needs help and I know I am in a place to help her. So, why not I help her? It would make her happy.” Seulgi bitterly smiled.

 

“Even when it makes you unhappy.” It was more like a statement.

 

“I will be in no time.” Seulgi turned to Wendy.

 

“You know you have so many chances to make her at least like you that way. She still cannot have with men and feels traumatic when she sees an . You could use that opportunity to prove to her that maybe a woman’s private part wouldn’t be as unbearable as a man’s one or perhaps the fact that we don’t have would slightly make her feel better.” Wendy reasoned out.

 

“She once told me she didn’t want to turn gay. I respected her decision.” Seulgi replied calmly.

 

“And that’s your brake, right?” Seulgi nodded at Wendy’s exclamation.

 

“But you still haven’t tried. It didn’t prove anything. She still hasn’t known your feelings.” Wendy ed the first three buttons on her shirt and took the cushion to place it on her lap.

 

“I rather keep my feelings hidden than losing her due to my carelessness and selfishness for telling her what I am feeling. Besides, I am sure she doesn’t feel the same. So why bother?’ Seulgi took the remote and turned off the TV.

 

“You never know, Seul. She is so dependent when it comes to you. You two are practically inseparable, two peas in a pod. You text and call in the daily term, you exchange questions as lovers do; you know like, have you eaten? Have you bathed? Are you not sleepy? What are you doing? Come on! Which friends are still doing that nowadays? She just doesn’t yet realize what she feels for you.” Wendy debated back; throwing some reasons to strengthen her arguments.

 

“Friends like us as a matter of fact. We are comfortable this way, Wannie. You just said yourself that she is dependent when it comes to me. Imagine what she would think and do if she knew her best friend betrayed her and even has feelings for her? I cannot do that to her.” Seulgi deflated, realizing she had been defeated even before she tried to fight.

 

“I don’t understand you.” Wendy sighed.

 

“You don’t have to. If you are not Joohyun and if you are not me, then you won’t understand.” Seulgi said.

 

“Ugh. Stop it. You know how I hate those words. I wonder why Joohyun said. It’s.. Errr.. I cannot even describe it in words!” Wendy threw her hands on the air, giving up.

 

“Then don’t.” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Can you do me a favor then?” Wendy asked.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Move on, Seul. Go outside and explore. You are wonderful both physical and behavior. I am sure you can get a girl in no time.” Wendy pleaded.

 

“I will try.”

 

“You said the same thing last year. When was the last time you’re in a relationship, huh? 2 years ago?!” Wendy excruciatingly stated.

 

“Yeah. I think so. But really, Wendy. This time I mean it. I have come to accept that Joohyun is out of my reach and that we can never be something more than this; best friends.” Seulgi reassured and smiled.

 

“Can you promise me on it?”

 

“You have my words. I promise to go out, explore, and find myself a good girlfriend. I will introduce her to you as soon as I find it.” Seulgi said.

 

“Swear on it!” Wendy offered her pinky finger.

 

“Such a kid.” Seulgi commented but she encircled her pinky finger with Wendy.

---

 

Seulgi made her promise to Wendy. She went outside; having casual dating, meeting new friends, and let herself be more carefree. When she knew the person wasn’t to her liking, she would end the casual dating on her second date and when she thought the person was worth it, she would go and have more dates with her. Three months after the late conversation she had with Wendy, she finally made a move and confessed to the woman she had an interest in. A month after, she bravely introduced her to Wendy. Wendy was happy and so was Seulgi. But one person was clearly unhappy and that was Joohyun.

 

Joohyun never knew that Seulgi was gay. She wasn’t suspicious of Seulgi’s preference. Whenever Joohyun asked Seulgi why the latter hadn’t had a boyfriend, Seulgi would answer that she didn’t have time to seek one and that she wasn’t interested to have one just yet. Joohyun never pried for it was Seulgi’s right to want or not to want a boyfriend. However, Joohyun ever offered her that should Seulgi seek one, she would be more than happy to help her. Too bad, Seulgi never asked for help even until now.

 

Joohyun didn’t know Seulgi was out there, seeking a potential girlfriend. All that Joohyun knew was the fact that Seulgi got less and less time for her. Seulgi would often say no to her invitations. Seulgi would have various reasons to give her; having to study, having a reunion with high school friends, too lazy to go out, etc. Obviously, Joohyun was annoyed but didn’t go as far as doubting Seulgi’s preference. She thought Seulgi was simply busy and she respected her. She was annoyed and slightly mad. That’s that though.

 

Joohyun never lost hope and kept on being persistent. She kept on trying even though all Seulgi did was kept on rejecting. Joohyun ever confronted Seulgi, crying while asking why Seulgi was avoiding her to the point that she couldn’t even hang out with her once in a week anymore. Seulgi felt guilty and since then, she would try to spare her time with Joohyun. She had told her girlfriend about Joohyun but she never said anything to Joohyun about her girlfriend. The fear to be judged and avoided scared Seulgi so she just hid everything from Joohyun.

 

It was a Saturday afternoon and Joohyun prepared to have a date with Jungkook. Suddenly, a message came from her boyfriend. He said he couldn’t have a date with her as usual because it was he had to go somewhere with his family. Feeling disappointed, she just decided to go to Seulgi’s and Wendy’s apartment. She called Wendy and it turned out Wendy was outside too. Seulgi didn’t pick up her phone but Wendy told her that the latter was at home. Joohyun smiled, determining to just go and play with Seulgi.

 

She drove her car and parked it appropriately. She got off and went to the lobby. She waited for the elevator while smiling. She missed Seulgi so much and thanks’ to their semester exam, she hadn’t met Seulgi for the past two weeks. She arrived on Seulgi’s floor. She walked through the hallway and stopped right in front of Seulgi’s door. She touched the doorknob and it was unlocked. She opened the door and casually entered.

 

Seulgi was happy because her girlfriend would come over. The good news didn’t stop there. Wendy just informed her that she would go out with her siblings. It made the apartment empty which also meant, she could do anything with her girlfriend without any worries. Her girlfriend came at 10. They watched a movie on DVD, baking some cookies, and right now they were making out on the couch. Her girlfriend was sitting on her lap with her hands around Seulgi’s neck while Seulgi’s hands were busy roaming the perfect figure of her girlfriend. Their making out was stopped when Seulgi heard a sound.

 

“Joohyun Un-nie…” Seulgi gasped.

 

“Why.. You never told me that you’re gay.” Joohyun started to cry.

 

“Wait. I can explain it.” Seulgi’s girlfriend knew something was wrong. She got off of Seulgi’s lap immediately.

 

“No.. You lied to me… Why.. I thought you were my best friend.” Joohyun stepped backward as Seulgi tried to approach her.

 

“You are my best friend. Just.. Listen to me first, Unnie.” Seulgi walked forward faster, trying to hold Joohyun.

 

“No. You are not my best friend. Not anymore.” Joohyun ran from the room.

 

“Unnie! wait!” Seulgi tried to catch up but she was late. The elevator door just closed and she didn’t make it on time

 

It was a dreadful memory to remember. A month passed after that and still no news from Joohyun. They studied in different universities so it’s hard for Seulgi to meet her. Seulgi had tried but Joohyun was absent that day, making Seulgi had to go home with an empty heart. She had tried to call but none was answered. She had endlessly texted her, some explained and some just a simple message contained sorry words and how she regretted not coming clean to Joohyun. Again, her messages were never answered.

 

A month soon turned into months. Seulgi had come to accept that maybe Joohyun wanted to end their friendship. Seulgi couldn’t blame her though. It was her fault. She lied to Joohyun. She was caught while kissing another woman. The blames were all on her. Wendy had tried to cheer her up but well, Wendy was not Joohyun. Seulgi was thankful but it still couldn’t close the void inside her heart that got bigger every day.

---

 

“Joohyun Unnie broke up with Jungkook.” Wendy interrupted her alone meal like she often did after her break up not long after the event where Joohyun caught her kissing.

 

“Oh.” Seulgi reacted solely and continued eating.

 

“Just last month. She got bullied. Jungkook turned out to be a jerk. He was caught cheating and Joohyun broke with him immediately. He couldn’t accept it so he spread the news that Joohyun was scared of .” Wendy kept on talking.

 

“He is indeed a jerk.” Seulgi scoped the remaining rice on her plate and got up.

 

“No comment?” Wendy curiously asked.

 

“Nope. It’s her life. I never thought things would be that messy. Poor her. She deserves so much more.” Seulgi tapped the water on and started to wash her dishes silently.

 

“The social butterfly has turned into a loner. Don’t you feel bad for her? She has no friends, Seul. Well, not a good one at least.. Uhmm.. But I am an exception of course. She always eats alone. She goes home when class ends. She is lonely.” Wendy tried again to soften Seulgi’s heart.

 

“She is a strong woman. She will be okay.” Seulgi tapped the water and went to her room.

 

“Sighed. This is harder than I thought. Both of you are too stubborn.” Wendy opened the fridge, stealing one of Seulgi’s beers, and went to her own room.

 

Wendy knew Seulgi didn’t have a class so she invited her to have lunch together with her. She of course hid her real motive. She asked Seulgi to have lunch at her university’s canteen, saying that she wouldn’t have much time to make it to the next class should they go eating outside. Seulgi innocently agreed, totally oblivious to the ulterior motive.

 

“The pasta here is pretty famous. Try it, Seul.” Wendy appointed to one of the food stores in the corner.

 

“Okay. What do you want?” Seulgi nodded.

 

“Spaghetti marinara sounds nice. And.. one glass of orange juice please.” Wendy smiled.

 

“Alright. Be back soon.” Seulgi stood up and went to the queue. Once she got her food, she went back to her table.

 

“Look. Remember I have told you she often eats alone. She is right now.” Wendy showed the direction of using her fork. Seulgi followed the direction and she saw Joohyun sitting alone at a table for two, eating what looked like western food. Maybe Seulgi stared too long or maybe it was just a coincidence that their eyes met. Seulgi was the first to end the staring battle.

 

“Care to join her?” Wendy asked.

 

“No. It’s fine.” Seulgi looked at her food and started to eat again. However, her attention was drawn back to the beautiful woman sat alone across her when she heard a commotion.

 

“Look what we have here? A very beautiful woman but afraid of ! She is smart, intelligent, and a hot chick but scares to . Well.. It rhymes well!” The group of men consisting of 4 men Seulgi didn’t know and one man she had met before. Yes, it was Jungkook.

 

“How could you stand being with her for more than 2 years, Kookie? When she cannot ever be penetrated? Wait! Maybe she has built a stronghold around her womanhood that you cannot enter her!” Another man yelled. Seulgi couldn’t stand it. Joohyun kept being silent. She looked like she didn’t care but deep inside Seulgi knew she was hurt by the words.

 

“Seulgi! Wait!” Wendy was taken aback when her friend suddenly stood up and went to Joohyun’s table.

 

“I don’t even have any idea, Jin. She is so goddamn beautiful but I never saw what she has down there. Maybe she is not a woman~ Oh God! Did I date a woman with for those two years?!” Jungkook added. Seulgi’s anger couldn’t be sustained any longer.

 

“Look who’s talking here? I guarantee you that she is a woman. How can you pity her when you all should have pitied your friend here?” Seulgi spoke while pointing at Jungkook.

 

“Don’t you know that your big Kookie’s has been overly cooked that its size abnormally creased and it traumatizes Joohyun? Wow, that rhymes! She sobbed while telling me the story. Ooopss. I shouldn’t have even said that.” Seulgi mocked further.

 

“Who the hell are you?” The man called Jin asked.

 

“I am Seulgi and let’s just say thanks’ to your buddy, Joohyun was afraid to have another relationship with a man. Jungkook’s is too tiny that even my chopstick is way longer and my hose at home is much thicker.” Seulgi insulted, purposely saying it out loud so other people could hear.

 

“What the hell?! you!” Jungkook’s face reddened due to being angry and embarrassed at the same time.

 

“Hey. Calm down, Buddy.” The man beside him held Joohyun’s ex-boyfriend back.

 

“My is not small, okay and it’s not overcooked! I never even let it sunbathed before?!” Jungkook yelled stupidly.

 

“Then how come it couldn’t even enter her womanhood. She told me you know~ How it’s too short that she could barely feel anything. It was itchy and ticklish she said.” Seulgi humiliated the man mercilessly.

 

“Yah!” Jungkook almost jumped on Seulgi if not because of his friends holding him back.

 

“Let’s just get out of here.” His friend finally said.

 

“It is not over yet, Seulgi! Just wait!” Jungkook’s growl still could be heard even after meters away.

 

“Are you alright, Unnie?” Seulgi sat beside Joohyun. People around were still giggling and laughing even after the commotion had ended. They even gave Seulgi a big applause for humiliating the man that far.

 

“I’m fine. Thank you.” Joohyun smiled.

 

“Good. I am sorry if I said something improper earlier. You know.. It got out of hand. They were just too much and well.. I couldn’t hold back.” Seulgi smiled apologetically.

 

“It’s alright. You did extremely well. I never argued back and always stayed silent when they mocked and teased me. It would be a moment to remember. You have made him angry and embarrassed at the same time.” Joohyun said.

 

“Uhm.. I missed you.” Joohyun added shyly.

 

“I missed you too, Unnie.” Seulgi smiled. That day marked their comeback as best friends. Seulgi finally told Joohyun meticulously about her preference and such while Joohyun could finally accept and respect Seulgi’s decision.

---

 

“Seulgi-aahh~~” Joohyun called loudly from the front door. It echoed until the woman arrived in the living room.

 

“Ugh! Why are you so noisy~ It’s Sunday morning!” Seulgi grumbled.

 

“And that’s why you should wake up and get ready.” Joohyun smiled.

 

“Why should I?” Seulgi cocked her eyebrows.

 

“Because I want to go shopping for new furniture.” Joohyun grinned.

 

“Huh?” Seulgi still couldn’t understand where the conversation would go.

 

“Oh. Wendy hasn’t told you?” Joohyun occupied the single couch.

 

“Tell me about what, Unnie?”

 

“She will move to L.A two weeks from now. Her boss placed her in the Head Office for at least two years. She asked me to live here with you and since my office is only a few blocks from here, so I am thinking… Why not?” Joohyun threw her peculiar smile.

 

“You will live here?” Seulgi gasped.

 

They were back to being okay if not even better since last year. They graduated a few months after that. Seulgi worked in a multinational company as a newcomer. She became a business development coordinator. Joohyun worked as a personal assistant in a developing company. It wasn’t as big as Seulgi’s company but the salary was good enough for her. While as Wendy~ She worked in her uncle‘s company, concentrating on idol recruitment. It recruited potential teenagers and transformed them into idols.

 

Seulgi hadn’t successfully moved on from Joohyun. She thought she had thought when they were in the war years ago. The first weeks without Joohyun were torture for Seulgi but after some months, Seulgi finally adapted to a life without Joohyun in it. Thanks’ to the commotion with Jungkook back then, they became close again.. Or even closer if it’s possible. Joohyun became much clingier and touchy to Seulgi, making it hard for Seulgi’s feelings not to resurface again. Well.. It did and Wendy made it much harder for making Joohyun stay with her. Goodbye heaven~ Welcome hell~

 

“Yep! I will take Wendy’s room. I don’t like the decoration. It’s too… Oldies? I mean~ The room is not purple! How am I supposed to live inside it?” Joohyun whined.

 

“I haven’t said yes to the proposal! Why are you so confident that I will let you live here with me?” Seulgi raised one of her eyebrows.

 

“Really Seulgi?” Joohyun glared.

 

“Well yeah. I mean, Wendy should have told me first, conducting serious discussion before deciding whether you can stay here or not, Unnie.” Seulgi reasoned out.

 

“So you don’t want to live with me?! Fine!” Joohyun stomped her feet and took her purse. She walked angrily to the front door.

 

“I didn’t mean that I don’t want to live with you. I mean.. If Wendy told me earlier, maybe I could plan to have the wall painted in purple sooner. Wendy is abroad anyway and eventually,she would move out. It would ease you.” Seulgi held Joohyun from behind to stop her from walking.

 

“Aww~ That’s so sweet of you. It’s okay, Seulgi-ah~ I want to choose the paint and furniture myself. But.. I will need you to go with me.” Joohyun turned around and kissed Seulgi’s cheek.

 

“Okay then. Wait here while I get ready.” Seulgi blushed. She then brought her body to her room. She closed the door behind her and sighed.

 

“This is gonna be hard.” Seulgi clasped her face stressfully.

 

They went to different stores to satisfy Joohyun’s taste. Seulgi was there to accompany her. They walked hand in hand. Sometimes, Seulgi would hug Joohyun’s waist and brought her closer. They were like this all the time. Strangers would think that they were a couple, but they weren’t. Joohyun was touchy and Seulgi was in love with Joohyun. Who could blame them, right?

 

Joohyun was too tired to drive back home so she decided to have a sleepover. Joohyun had her working attire in Seulgi’s drawer anyway. She also got her toothbrush and towel. She often slept in Seulgi’s place, moreover when Wendy was abroad. She lived alone in a smaller apartment so it wouldn’t be a bother for her to visit her best friend once in a while, right?

 

“You can go take a bath first, Unnie. I will warm the food for us.” Seulgi said as soon as they arrived.

 

“God. I am so tired~” Joohyun complained.

 

“That’s what you get for being too energized in seeking the furniture. I mean, it’s only for a bedroom! Why must we visit 10 stores only for a bed, a drawer, and TV?” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Can’t you be friendlier? I will live there for who knows how long!” Joohyun muttered.

 

“Well~ You will be fresher after a bath. Go, big baby~” Seulgi slapped Joohyun’s and laughed.

 

“ert!” Joohyun mumbled in protest and proceeded to Seulgi’s bedroom to get her things.

 

The dinner went on as usual. They exchanged information about themselves, mostly about things they met at work. Joohyun had a crush on her boss who was older than her by 5 years while Seulgi would only listen to her. She didn’t have a crush on anyone, not when her mind and heart were occupied by the beautiful woman in front of her. How could Seulgi have a crush when she met Joohyun almost every day? Hard.. It’s too unbearable.

 

“Why you never told me about your crushes? Didn’t you meet one in the office?” Joohyun asked. She was always the one to tell the story while Seulgi would merely listen and respond.

 

“I haven’t met one.” Seulgi shrugged.

 

“Oh come on, there must be beautiful women there~ The receptionist or secretaries maybe?” Joohyun pried.

 

“I would have told you if I had one, Unnie. Yes, there are beautiful women but mostly, their habits aren’t as beautiful as their faces.” Seulgi said calmly.

 

“Ah. Clubbing type? Or player ones?”

 

“Both.” Seulgi lied. In fact, she didn’t know for she never once tried to get to know any of them. Joohyun often picked her up at work or if not, the latter would appear at her door bringing food to eat together.

 

“I see.”

 

“How about you? Any progress with your boss?” Joohyun smiled wider and Seulgi knew the answer would only hurt her.

 

“He asked me to have lunch with him last Friday. Omo! He is not only handsome but also smart~” Joohyun started. Seulgi silently sighed, telling her heart to calm down and not to react at the wrong time.

 

Joohyun went on and on with her rambling about her boss and Seulgi could only smile. They ended up falling asleep in Seulgi’s bed with arms around each other. Seulgi would always try to sleep normally while Joohyun would always try to scoot closer to Seulgi, ended up hugging Seulgi. Joohyun said Seulgi’s shoulder and arm were the best pillows she ever found. If Seulgi didn’t respond, Joohyun would lead Seulgi’s arm so it would hug Joohyun’s waist.

 

“If only you knew, Joohyun Unnie. How hard it is for me to have you within my reach physically but out of my reach mentally. I have loved you for the longest but I can only be your best friend.” Seulgi silently cried. She placed her chin on Joohyun’s head while hugging her tightly.

 

“I always cry myself to sleep. When can I get over you?” Seulgi sighed, letting her tears flow down until her finally asleep.

---

 

Seulgi’s nightmare came true while Joohyun’s dream went real. Her boss confessed a month after Joohyun told Seulgi how he often invited Joohyun to lunch and dinner after work. Seulgi’s intuition was already bad; it said that in no time, that man would come out and confessed. It turned out she was right. Joohyun was so happy. She excitedly informed Seulgi about the good news. That night, Seulgi had a sleepless night. She spent hours crying in her room. Good thing, Joohyun didn’t stay for the night. She slept in her own room, just across Seulgi’s room.

 

Months passed after that. Seulgi and Joohyun were pretty much the same in spite of the less time Joohyun could spend with Seulgi. She didn’t appear often anymore; Joohyun rarely appeared in front of Seulgi’s door to bring takeaway dinner and she never picked up Seulgi at work any longer since her boyfriend would always fetch her and had dinner together. Joohyun had explained it to Seulgi and she understood. Who was Seulgi anyway? She’s just a broken-hearted best friend of Joohyun.

 

“Seul!” Joohyun called louder.

 

“What! Yaah! You made me lost!!” Seulgi protested.

 

“Will you stop gaming and pay attention to me? It’s not every weekend I can come and visit you in your room~ Well, even though we practically live together.” Joohyun groaned. She had her arms crossed on her chest while throwing a daggered glare at Seulgi.

 

“That’s right. Why are you even here anyway, Unnie?” Seulgi sighed. She exited from the game and finally turned off the console to pay more attention to Joohyun.

 

“What an appreciation, Kang Seulgi.” Joohyun rolled her eyes.

 

“Why are you not with your boyfriend, watching movies, walking around the town, etc.? I don’t have the intention to go out so please don’t try inviting me to do tiring activities, okay? I am tired of work. This week was hectic.” Seulgi said even before Joohyun had a chance to say anything.

 

“Well. He is out of town and I am bored.” Joohyun stated.

 

“Oh no wonder.” Seulgi scoffed.

 

“What does it mean, Seulgi?” Joohyun knitted her eyebrows.

 

“It doesn’t mean anything. You always come here when your boyfriend is busy. What am I? Your backup plan?” Seulgi suddenly felt pissed. She knew it wasn’t actually Joohyun’s fault for having good intention and visiting her once in a while. But since it had been weeks and Joohyun was always busy with her boyfriend, she felt slightly offended.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?! I am here because I missed you. I admit our time is less because I always spend my time with him but it doesn’t mean I put you aside and place you as my backup plan! I am offended, Seulgi!” Joohyun angrily retaliated. Seulgi was about to argue when she caught tears streaming down Joohyun’s eyes. She gulped and aborted her plan.

 

“I am sorry. I missed you too. But I couldn’t help but thinking that you are here because you are bored. And I.. I.. sighed. I am truly sorry, Unnie. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Seulgi turned and gave Joohyun a hug.

 

“You are mean.” Joohyun growled but hugged Seulgi back

 

“I am always mean. You know that. Now shuhsshh.” Seulgi smiled in relief, knowing Joohyun had forgiven her one way or another.

 

Joohyun obediently followed Seulgi’s plan. They spent their day at home, inside Seulgi’s room. Joohyun prepared popcorns while Seulgi was out to buy colas. They became couch potato, watching 50 first dates in Seulgi’s bed. When Seulgi wanted to play her game, Joohyun joined her and took the spare game controller. When they were hungry, Joohyun whined to Seulgi, asking her to cook something. It didn’t need to be fancy as long as Seulgi was the cook. The night soon came and they were in the living room. Seulgi was sitting, watching the news while Joohyun had her head on Seulgi’s lap.

 

“Yah Kang Seulgi~”

 

“Hmm?” Seulgi asked. She knew Joohyun would always call her by her full name whenever the older woman wanted something from her or when Joohyun wanted Seulgi to do something for her.

 

“I am curious.” Joohyun turned her head around while looking up. Seulgi stopped running her fingers on Joohyun’s hair.

 

“What about?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Things regarding your preference.” Joohyun sat up. Seulgi became tensed. They never once talked about Seulgi’s preference. Well, there were times where Joohyun was curious and asked many things about it but it was years ago. Joohyun came to accept Seulgi’s decision to like women better than men and that’s that.

 

“What about it?” Seulgi asked again.

 

“I have been out with him for several months by now. We have kissed and all but there is one thing in the back of my mind that suddenly popped up.” Joohyun started.

 

“How it is related to me?” Seulgi tilted her head.

 

“I don’t know for real. When I kissed him, I felt his lips. His lips were like any men’s lips I have kissed before. It was firm, slightly rough on the surface, and the kiss felt demanding. It was like I could feel it through his lips how he wanted to go further~ Errr. I know you may think I am rambling.. But it’s what I feel.” Joohyun blushed, suddenly realized she talked nonsense.

 

“O-kay.”

 

“It made me wonder and curious. How does it feel to kiss a woman? You have kissed both woman and man, right?” Seulgi nodded as an answer.

 

“Does it feel different?” Joohyun curiously asked.

 

“It does in a way, Unnie.” A nod and a smile.

 

“What are the differences?” Joohyun pried.

 

“Uhmm.. How can I say this~ Well? For one, a woman’s lips are softer and fuller. The kiss goes with the flow. No demands, no requisition. Of course, at times, there are hints that she wants more but she conveys it differently. Unlike what man does.” Seulgi paused, thinking of what to say next.

 

“It’s like we both understand what we want. You know~ Whether we should proceed or not. No force and no compulsion. While as with man~ Like you said, it’s demanding and full of force. Man is dominant so he likes to show his power, even through a kiss. Man’s lips are firmer too.” Seulgi ended her explanation. She wasn’t sure Joohyun would understand what she just said.

 

“I see. So, can I assume that you prefer kissing a woman then?” Seulgi smiled shyly and nodded.

 

“But still, it cannot satisfy my curiosity, Seul.” Joohyun played with Seulgi’s fingers

 

“Huh? Why is that?” Seulgi asked innocently.

 

“Because I haven’t felt it myself.” Joohyun murmured. Seulgi grew anxious. She predicted something bad would come out from Joohyun’s lips soon.

 

“I want to try it for myself.” Joohyun added. Seulgi sighed. This wouldn’t do her good. Not at all.

 

“O-kay. Why would you try it? You are straight so there is no need for you to try kissing a woman. It won’t change your perspective and preference anyway.” Seulgi reasoned out.

 

“But I am curious.” Joohyun looked down, staring at Seulgi’s lips. Seulgi gulped hard.

 

“Sometimes being curious is not- hmmpp.” It was all too late. Joohyun had landed her lips on Seulgi’s lips. Seulgi opened to protest but it was muffled by Joohyun’s lips that were now kissing her with zest. Seulgi wanted to kiss back, but Joohyun had pulled away.

 

“Wow..” Joohyun expressed. Seulgi blushed.

 

“You are right. Woman’s lips are surely softer and fuller.” Joohyun exclaimed.

 

“Why did you do that, Unnie?” Seulgi sounded angry.

 

“I just told you why. I am curious~” Joohyun didn’t sound guilty at all.

 

“But you should have at least asked for my permission!” Seulgi retorted.

 

“You talked too much. How long would it take to finally get your permission? Besides, you have kissed many women. How does it make me any different from other women?” Joohyun challenged.

 

‘It does make difference. You are different. I never loved any of those women as much as I love you. Seulgi, you are a masochist indeed.’ Seulgi didn’t say anything in return.

 

“I think my curiosity has been satisfied by now. I have to admit, women’s lips are much better.” Joohyun said out loud.

 

“Can I kiss you again?” Joohyun asked politely this time. Seulgi was still lost in her own muse and before she knew it, Joohyun had leaned in and kissed her again. This time, Seulgi reciprocated and kissed Joohyun back.

 

“I like kissing you~” Joohyun said in between their kisses.

 

And so it was started. The normal relationship between best friends had turned into something you could say, abnormal. They would exchange kisses like it was the most normal thing to do between best friends. Seulgi was still single and Joohyun was still dating her boss. Nothing changed except their friendship. Seulgi would be greeted with kisses by Joohyun and vice versa. The normal kisses went worse and changed into something more.

 

They usually kissed not longer than a minute or two. They used to only use lips, nothing more beyond that. It however changed. Joohyun was the one who initiated it. Again, it was caused by her curiosity, something about being curious about playing with a woman’s tongue while kissing. It was a silly reason, but nevertheless, Seulgi didn’t protest when Joohyun suddenly her tongue and played with it. Instead, Seulgi raised the bet and played the game along.

 

Joohyun’s boyfriend didn’t have any idea that his girlfriend preferred her best friend’s lips compared to his. He was oblivious to how Joohyun kissed Seulgi much more passionately compared to how she usually kissed him. Several months passed and Joohyun had been together with him for a little more than a year. It was unavoidable that their relationship was getting more serious.

 

Seulgi had fallen deeper if it’s even possible. How could she not when Joohyun always rained her with passionate kisses every single day? Joohyun almost close to never slept in her own bedroom anymore, unless when they fought and it left Seulgi to receive silent treatment from the latter. Joohyun would hug Seulgi to sleep, give her morning kiss, and passionate one right before she went to work. When Joohyun came home and found Seulgi hadn’t slept, she would sit on Seulgi’s lap and kiss her eagerly.

 

Anyone would label them as lovers that were very much in love with each other. Too bad, Joohyun didn’t see them that way. Joohyun liked kissing Seulgi and since Seulgi never seemed to protest, Joohyun never stopped. Joohyun was still going strong with her boyfriend, making Seulgi’s life even more miserable. Seulgi couldn’t lie to herself that she liked having such intimacy with Joohyun. Yet she didn’t like the idea of being used; of having labeled as friends with benefits. However, she didn’t have the courage to stop what they were doing. Her logic told her to stop it but her heart didn’t want to.

---

 

“Kang Seulgi~” Joohyun mumbled. Seulgi didn’t answer.

 

“I know you are not sleeping.” Joohyun said again. She retracted her body from Seulgi’s hug.

 

“Doesn’t mean I am not trying. I just cannot sleep, not yet.” Seulgi murmured.

 

“Seul~ Do you think what we are doing is right?” Joohyun questioned.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“The intense kisses, hugs, and such.” Joohyun said more clearly.

 

“It’s wrong since the first time. Why? Do you want to stop?” Seulgi’s heartbeat like crazy. She was afraid to hear the answer but she promised she would accept Joohyun’s decision. She was whipped. Yes, that whipped.

 

“Not really. I am comfortable with what we are now, including what we usually do. The kisses and all.” Joohyun scooted closer and rested her head on Seulgi’s shoulder.

 

“He is getting serious. I can sense it from his gestures.” Joohyun changed the topic.

 

“It’s totally normal. He is much older than you. We almost entered the big three while he already entered the big three. If you both aren’t serious, then when will he get married?” Seulgi could feel Joohyun tensed the moment she spilled the marriage word.

 

“You know~ If we got married for real, we will have to eventually do that.” Joohyun sighed.

 

“Huh? That?”

 

“Yeah. That. .” Joohyun breathed deeply. Imagining already made her feel suffocated. She thought she would be cured in time, but even after these years, she was still afraid of an erectioin.

 

“I see. You have to do it with him when you’re married. It’s part of your responsibility of being a wife, Unnie.” Seulgi hid her face from Joohyun. She felt the tears already brimmed, ready to fall down in any seconds.

 

“But I am afraid, Seul. I don’t think I am ready.” Joohyun said.

 

“Don’t you think it’s funny how you almost enter the big three yet you’re still upholding the state of being a ?” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Yah! Don’t insult me~ Besides, only you who know that I am still a . I will kill you if you leak this to anyone, including Wendy.” Joohyun threatened.

 

“Hahaha.. Okay okay~ I promise not to tell anyone!” Seulgi laughed.

 

“Don’t mock me!”

 

“I didn’t!”

 

“You did! Your expression told me!”

 

“Oh God! This is too hilarious. Who could have expected such a beautiful and mature woman as you are still a ~” Seulgi mocked.

 

“See! You insulted me!” Joohyun hit Seulgi’s arm.

 

“STOP LAUGHING!”

 

“Okay okay~” Seulgi coughed while trying to calm herself down.

 

“Seulgi-ah~ Does it hurt?” Joohyun asked quietly.

 

“What is hurt?”

 

“The first time. When you did it. Did it hurt when your hymen is broken?” Joohyun sat up, Seulgi followed.

 

“It did. Only for a while though. It was replaced with pleasure for the next.” Seulgi wrapped her arm around Joohyun’s waist while Joohyun leaned back to Seulgi.

 

“I am curious.” Joohyun stated. Seulgi sighed, knowing that Joohyun’s curiosity never did her good.

 

“Don’t be. Your curiosity always leads me to hell, Unnie.” Seulgi cracked a joke.

 

“I am serious, Seul.” Joohyun frowned.

 

“Well, I am serious too. You were curious how it felt to kiss a woman and since then we can never stop kissing. You were curious how it felt to have another woman’s tongue inside your mouth and since then we always use tongues when kissing.” Seulgi exhaled loudly.

 

“But we both enjoy it, right? Then it means my curiosity does us good.” Joohyun defended herself. Seulgi kept shut. There was no way, she could come out and admit her real feelings for the latter.

 

“What are you curious about this time?” Seulgi diverted the conversation.

 

“Whether it hurt when you did it for the first time.” Joohyun continued.

 

“No, Joohyun Unnie. I won’t do it.” Seulgi quickly understood what Joohyun meant by that.

 

“But I haven’t even finished talking!”

 

“No! We are done with this conversation. Let’s just sleep.” Seulgi raised her hand, telling Joohyun to stop. Seulgi turned around and gave her back view to Joohyun. She couldn’t sleep, but she had to pretend she was sleeping. She didn’t want to have this conversation with Joohyun further. It would only hurt her and she wasn’t that strong to bear it alone.

 

Sobs were heard. Seulgi knew it must be Joohyun. She sighed, telling her heart not to be weak. It was hard though. She kept on moving on her side of bed. The sobs didn’t die down even after minutes. Seulgi scolded her heart but finally, let her consciousness lead her.

 

“Why are you not sleeping, Unnie?” Seulgi hugged Joohyun from behind, kissing Joohyun’s shoulder.

 

“I feel cheap and it’s so embarrassing to have myself being rejected that way. I am sorry. I shouldn’t have offered myself to you. You are my best friend and I have used you too often. I didn’t mean to hurt you, Seulgi-yaa. I am so sorry.” Joohyun sobbed harder.

 

“You didn’t hurt anyone. Wait.. You hurt your boyfriend but we wouldn’t have preceded this far if both parties didn’t want to do it, right? I let you do it to me, to us.” Seulgi ensured.

 

“Did I ruin our friendship?” Joohyun turned around and stared at Seulgi.

 

“No. No matter how much we hurt each other or how often we fight, being best friends is the least we can be.” Seulgi kissed Joohyun’s forehead.

 

“Thank you, Seulgi-ah.” Joohyun finally smiled, still with tears in her eyes.

 

“You are most welcome.” Seulgi smiled back.

 

Seulgi thought the topic had ended right there and then, but oh how Seulgi was wrong when she felt something or more like someone’s lips was nibbling her lower lip. It was none that Joohyun who did it to her. The tugs and towing felt harder and Seulgi involuntarily let out a whimper. She opened her eyes and she could swear she saw lust in Joohyun’s eyes.

 

Hands reached out to Seulgi’s pyjama’s buttons. Seulgi saw Joohyun in horror. She was afraid but lust started to draw her in. Joohyun kept on kissing Seulgi while her hands were trembling and trying to send the buttons fly. She succeeded. Seulgi’s buttons were all opened.

 

“Un-unnie, what are you doing?” Seulgi stammered in panic.

 

“I want you, Seul. I want you to shatter my ity.” Joohyun said before made her way down, kissing Seulgi’s jawline down to her neck.

 

“Wh-what? It’s once in a lifetime chance, Unnie. Wh-why would you do it with me?” Seulgi’s words were incoherent, thanks’ to Joohyun’s attempt to undress her.

 

“Because I trust you the most. I believe in you. I know you won’t hurt me.” Joohyun got off of the bed and removed her clothes, leaving nothing but her undies.

 

‘But you hurt me in the most painful way.’ Seulgi told herself.

 

“Please, Seulgi-ah. I am afraid of an and since you don’t have an down there plus you are my best friend, I know I am safe with you.” Joohyun didn’t know how much her words had shattered Seulgi’s heart.

 

“That’s a silly reason, to begin with.” Seulgi faked a smile.

 

“I know right. So?” Joohyun’s hands were already on the strap of her bra, ready to unclasp it at any moment.

 

“Come here~” Seulgi opened both or her arms.

 

Joohyun smiled and carried on with her plan. She took the remaining materials on her body before crawling toward Seulgi. That night, Joohyun lost her ity to Seulgi. No, Joohyun didn’t feel any regrets at all. She moaned Seulgi’s name when she reached her high. Seulgi cried while trying to pleasure Joohyun, knowing she was only a media used to pleasure Joohyun. Normal best friends wouldn’t do this to each other, right?

 

That night was the beginning; the start of so many nights ended with moans, whimpers, and screams due to unbearable sensuous delight, pleasures. Joohyun and Seulgi couldn’t get enough of each other. Joohyun boldly asked Seulgi to use more daring equipment to tone up their sessions. Seulgi used the chances to overcome Joohyun’s trauma. She chose and strap on. What’s funny was the fact that it could still make Joohyun moan her name while her down area was being entered by a foreign tool.

 

Joohyun didn’t scream because of fear. She didn’t run because of her trauma. Yet, she bravely climbed Seulgi and sat on Seulgi’s lap. Arms around Seulgi’s neck while she moved her waist, jumping up and down on Seulgi’s lap, screaming the latter’s name like there’s no tomorrow. It was weird how Joohyun would confidently grasp the length and the thing up and down while giving the most seductive look to Seulgi.

 

Their ‘activities’ would only stop when they both were on their periods. Tonight was one of those sinful nights where they would pleasure each other. Seulgi was getting used to being hurt and it was like she was already immune to Joohyun’s curiosity and such. She never thought she could be hurt more than this though, not until tonight.

 

“He proposed to me tonight.” Joohyun said breathlessly. Seulgi was surprised. She knew he would do it eventually, but not this soon.

 

“Oh. It’s normal, right?” A small smile was Seulgi could offer.

 

“I think so.” Joohyun stared at Seulgi but she frowned when Seulgi avoided her eyes.

 

“Don’t you want to know what my answer is?” Joohyun provoked.

 

“Not really. I already know what you would say. Congratulation by the way. Unnie. And uhm.. I think we should stop.” Seulgi looked like she was in a hurry.

 

“Where are you going?” Joohyun asked.

 

“I am thirsty.” Seulgi lied. She must not be seen in this state; vulnerable one that Seulgi never showed to Joohyun before.

 

“Wait. Why did you ask for it?” Joohyun held Seulgi’s arm, preventing her from going further.

 

“Ask for what, Unnie?” Seulgi cleared . It was too late, her tears already made its way down Seulgi’s cheeks.

 

“To stop this. Why do you want us to stop?” Joohyun stood up and hugged Seulgi from behind. She rested her head on Seulgi’s bare shoulder.

 

“It’s obvious, right? You will be married soon. How do you think he would say if he knew what we have been doing behind his back? We have made too many sins. I don’t want to add some more.” Seulgi explained.

 

“But we enjoy ourselves, right? He doesn’t need to know what we do behind his back. We will stop in the end, but not very soon. I am not married to him, not yet at least.” Joohyun walked and stood in front of Seulgi. She cocked her eyebrows when she saw Seulgi crying.

 

“Are you crying? Why?” Joohyun touched Seulgi’s face and the latter flinched.

 

“It’s fine. I just.. I can’t do this anymore, Unnie.” Seulgi stepped backward.

 

“No! You are not going anywhere until you tell me why you are crying.” Joohyun reached out and clasped Seulgi’s arm, pulling her toward her that her back touched Joohyun’s front assets.

 

“I can’t.” Seulgi sounded desperate.

 

“Why can’t you?”

 

“I don’t want to ruin what you have with him; what you have with me.” Seulgi cried more.

 

“You know you can never ruin us, Seulgi-ah. I don’t know how your explanation would ruin my relationship with him though, unless if you tell him about what we did behind him. You wouldn’t do that, right?” Joohyun pouted and if Seulgi wasn’t in this state, she would have already jumped and kissed her.

 

“I won’t tell him.”

 

“Then what is it about?” Joohyun pulled Seulgi to sit on the bed.

 

“I still cannot tell you.” Seulgi sighed.

 

“Why can’t you?! I thought we’re best friends!” Joohyun raised her voice tone.

 

“That’s the main reason why I cannot tell you actually.” Seulgi shook her head.

 

“What? Are you pulling a joke here, Kang Seulgi? I truly don’t understand. Didn’t I just say that whatever you do will not ruin our friendship?” Joohyun turned gentle. She rubbed Seulgi’s back.

 

“I… Sighed. Promise me that whatever I am about to say wouldn’t change us?” Seulgi offered her pinky finger.

 

“What are you? five?” Joohyun giggled.

 

“I am serious here, Unnie.” Seulgi stated. Still giggling, Joohyun hooked her pinky finger with Seulgi’s.

 

“Look. I cannot do this anymore not only because it’s wrong. But mostly because it hurts.” Seulgi halted. Joohyun waited.

 

“I don’t know exactly when it happened but.. what I have for you is not only feelings toward a friend. You already know my preference so.. yeah.. However, I know it’s unrequited and I don’t want to damage what you have with him. I.. I understand my place but it will be harder for me to keep doing this, knowing that you are going to be married to him.” Seulgi kept on staring at the uninterested floor.

 

“I am relieved.” Seulgi looked up, to assure she didn’t mishear anything.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I thought it’s only me since I was always being the one to initiate anything between us. I knew your preference but I never thought you feel the same way. I admit I am kind of selfish though. I want you for myself. That’s partially why I never let you out of my sight while I am freely dating outside.” Joohyun smiled brightly.

 

“Eh? What do you mean? Does it mean.. uhm..” Seulgi was a loss for words.

 

“It means what it means, Seulgi. I said no to him you know~” Joohyun shyly admitted.

 

“Why?” Seulgi asked. Suddenly her confidence was boosted, thanks’ to Joohyun's indirect confession.

 

“Because… yah! Did you try to provoke me to say it first, right? Not gonna happen, Kang Seulgi!” Joohyun pushed Seulgi.

 

“I love you. I have loved you much longer since I can remember.” Seulgi shamelessly confessed.

 

“I love you too.” Joohyun leaned in and kissed Seulgi shortly.

 

“More~” Seulgi mumbled.

 

“Later. We need to talk for now.” Joohyun pressed her finger on Seulgi’s lips to prevent the latter from kissing her more.

 

“I still don’t like woman.” Joohyun stated. Seulgi raised one of her eyebrows.

 

“But you are an exception. As for me, I know when I started to feel differently toward you.” They lay back on the bed with Joohyun had her head on Seulgi’s chest, listening to the harmonies of Seulgi’s heartbeat.

 

“Since the night we made love. You were so gentle and careful. I feel different when I am with you. I can be myself. You are always there to keep me safe. I feel protected and loved. However, I didn’t dare to think that you would feel the same way.” Joohyun kissed Seulgi’s chest and pulled her body up.

 

“Ah. I see. I keep my feelings hidden. I don’t want to make things awkward between us. Seeing you happy is enough and since he seems to be a keeper, I had to accept that I can never have you.” Seulgi said.

 

“He is. I loved him but well, the love vanished just like that the moment I acknowledge what I feel for you.” Joohyun rolled around and lay on her side of bed.

 

“What will you do about him? I mean.. We already know what we feel for each other and I uhm.. I don’t want to share you with him to be honest.” Seulgi intertwined her fingers with Joohyun.

 

“Oh. We have broken up. He said he would wait and try asking again in the future but I stopped him and saying that it’s not gonna happen because I have fallen for another. He’s mad and well.. in short, he broke up with me. Couldn’t say it’s not predicted.” Joohyun felt Seulgi rub the back of her hand lovingly.

 

“Then.. Can we stop being best friends? And be something more?” Seulgi hesitantly asked. She was afraid this would be too fast and that Joohyun wasn’t ready to have another relationship

 

“Ask away, Seulgi. I just told you I broke up with him because I love you.” Joohyun encouraged.

 

“Well.. Uhmm.. will you be my girlfriend, Bae Joohyun?” Seulgi composed herself and asked.

 

“With pleasure, Seulgi-ah. Yes. I will be your girlfriend.” Joohyun confidently answered. Seulgi grinned and leaned forward, wetting her lips in the process before colliding her lips with Joohyun’s lips.

 

“Thank you for saying yes.” Seulgi pampered Joohyun’s face with kisses.

 

“Thank you for asking.” Joohyun giggled and leaped forward to hug Seulgi tightly.

 

Only 4 months after the confession, Seulgi bravely proposed to Joohyun to be her wife. She reasoned out that they were old already and most of her friends were already married with kids. Besides, Seulgi didn’t want anyone but Joohyun to be with her. A couple of years sounded good but forever sounded best, don’t you think? Joohyun undoubtedly said yes. A couple of months later, the wedding was held and they couldn’t be happier. They were right in the place where they wanted to be the most; in each other’s arms.

-Ã-

 

So I decided to share my one-shot stories in Seulrene versions. Let me know if you like this kind of story and perhaps I shall upload some more in the future.

Comments are appreciated and thank you for reading :))

Stay safe and healthy. Merry early Christmas! Hopefully,next year would be better than 2020.