[1]

Letters for Kyuhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun received his very first letter last August 15th, the second month of their school year, it was a typical Thursday morning, Kyuhyun has just finished his 2 morning periods and was about to put his morning subjects books back inside his locker when he noticed a purple post-it was slipped inside his locker, written on the sticky note was a simple, 

“Good Morning! Have a nice day ahead, Don’t forget to smile. :)”

It was short, yet the message made Kyuhyun a lot better, he was having a worse day, smiling, he kept the note inside his locker. Ever since that day, he received letters, sticky note letters. Particularly in purple ones. 

Day 2: It was so nice to see you smiling! You should smile more.

Day 3: You’re a little down today, I hope you will feel better! Have a good day ahead!

Day 4: Good Afternoon! I hope you already ate your lunch, Good luck on your Midterms! Do not overwork yourself! 

Day 5: Don’t get creeped out but I happened to stand right next to you earlier in the cafeteria. It was crowded so I doubt you saw me, and I know you’re tall but didn't know that you’re tall TALL. I don't want to stand near you :(

Kyuhyun laughed at the 5th sticky note, he was looking back, there were 87 messages, Kyuhyun practically anticipated them everyday since August 15th. He wants to know who his mystery admirer is, but he didn't bother to investigate. He’s happy with this, if his admirer wants to be known, he’ll introduce himself right? 

He’s sitting inside the cafeteria with Changmin, Jaehyun, and Siwon. He’s holding his mini box, inside was the purple post its, he collected them all.

“Look at this fool, you’re in love with your mystery purple admirer.” Jaehyun threw a french fry towards Kyuhyun, it landed on one of the post-its.

“HEY! THERE’S A STAIN NOW!” Kyuhyun immediately picked up the fry and threw it back to Jaehyun, He wiped the #40th post it, Yes he labeled them from day 1 up to this day. It was one of his favorite notes. It wasn't a typical purple sticky note, it was rather a yellow post it covered with purple highlighter, it looked messy but at the same time neat

Day 40th: ㅠㅠ I’ve ran out of purple sticky notes and I haven't gone to the supply store to buy so please pretend that it’s a purple one, ah.. I just want to Congratulate you for being the top student for this semester! Keep it up! Have a nice day ahead! ♡

He never fails to smile whenever he reads this cute messy note. 

“Kyuhyun, why don’t we just ask the school for the cctv records and look for the person behind all of those? Don’t you wanna meet her?” Siwon asked.

“It’s a “him”.” Kyuhyun corrected. He knew his mystery admirer is a ‘him’ because of the 57th note. Ever Since that note, he added a “9” at the end of every letters.

Day 57th: Why were you in detention yesterday? I froze when you walked inside the room, thankfully, We were surrounded by noisy boys and I managed to hide from you, you sat on the front beside the door, we’re a bit far from each other tho, you looked pissed yesterday. Anyway, I hope you’re feeling a lot better. (I better not see you in detention again!) -9 

“How’d you know it’s a ‘him’?” Changmin asked.

“I was in detention last October, the next day there was a note saying, He was also in detention that day, and there were no girls on that day.” Kyuhyun explained. “I’m not gonna lie, I feel… relieved? When I read that he’s a guy.” He added. 

“The gay jumped out.” Jaehyun jokes. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, he kept his notes inside the box and closed the lid. He’s gay, all his friends and even his family knows, but he wasn't and haven't in a serious relationship yet, all of the people he used to date, he didn't consider them as serious relationships. 

He’s wondering why was 9 not leaving notes for the past 2 days? Was he busy? Or was he not around? Or was it because of the 87th note? The 87th note is different, rather than a sticky note, it was a purple construction paper, 

Day 87th: Wow… It’s the 87th letter already? I’m so dedicated at this ㅋㅋ I’m so nervous, I want to tell you something I wanted to tell for a long time now… This would creep the hell out of you for sure. At first, I started doing this because I saw you on that day I first slipped the note inside your locker, you look so miserable as if the heavens and earths stomped you. I just wanted to cheer you up by my messages, I want to befriend you ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’m not sure if they’re helping but I did continue them, and that one time I saw you reading my note while you were walking to your next class, and you’re smiling, I don't know why but It suddenly made my heart skip, you were smiling like an idiot, I don’t remember what day was that but I think it was that time where I wrote the joke I made while I was bored in the class, my friends told me it was corny and it’s not that funny but Insaw you smiling so yeah. I blabber too much eh? I wanted to say something so I didn't use a sticky note this time. Ah please don't be weirded out, though I’m already weird since day 1 anyway… since you don't know who I am, I'll be brave and say these through a letter...

I really just want to be your friend, but why do I feel like I’m starting to like you? You don't even know me, I’m sorry but yes, I didn't know when it started but I think I like you now. AH! This is so embarrassing! I don't have anything to say, that’s all! - 9 

Kyuhyun’s curiosity was killing him. He wanted to know who 9 was, maybe they could be friends or yet they could be something more serious. Kyuhyun won’t deny that he’s not attracted to 9, his mystery admirer. Kyuhyun is sure that if he gets to know who 9 is, he will definitely fall for that person.

____________________________________________

Lunch had ended and he was headed to his next class, right when he was about to go inside his biology class he remembered that he forgot his biology book. He hurried downstairs to the second floor where his locker is located. Kyuhyun seems so distracted and was thinking something when he reached the last step of the stairs and was about to turn left but stopped when his phone vibrated inside his pocket, he stopped but he saw someone almost walking so fast, who passed by he didn’t mind it much and took out his phone to check who messaged him but it was just a game notification, he slid his phone inside his coat pocket and started to walk but he halted his steps when he saw the same person who passed him earlier slipped something inside one of the lockers, where his locker was located. He froze on his spot, His heart started beating so fast. 

‘Is that perhaps… 9?’ He thought.

To avoid him getting caught, He immediately hid inside one of the empty classrooms. He peeked through the small window on the door, he waited for the guy to pass again, and seconds later the same person passed outside the classroom, Kyuhyun had a glimpse of the man, what if that person is 9? His heart was beating so loud, it’s as if it could jump outside his chest.

He caught a glimpse of the guy, he was shorter than Kyuhyun, and his hair was jet black and he was wearing the school’s hoodie. When he was sure that the guy had left, he went outside, he ran to his locker, he opened it and his heart almost jumped out, there was a purple sticky note, immediately grabbing it and slumping against the locker beside his’, He completely forgot that his biology period had already started.

Day 88th: Hi… I’m sorry if I was gone for 2 days, I was so busy with academics and org work, I didn't have the time to make messages… today is supposed to be my 90th letter right? ㅋㅋ How have you been? Have you been eating well? Ididntseeyoufor2daysIkindawanttoseeyoubutIhaventseeyouallmorning ㅠㅠ I’m being creepy now! Okay okay, eat your food well and don’t forget to smile! (I hope to see you for the remaining time of the day but I guess it’s impossible since I’ll be busy.)

Kyuhyun smiled, he had this sheepish smile plastered on his face. If Kyuhyun didn't hide, 9 will see him. He respects 9’s privacy but he wants to meet the guy now, he wants to know who he is.

Kyuhyun wants 9 to take responsibility for what he did, he wants 9 to be responsible for Kyuhyun's unexplainable butterflies in his stomach.

____________________________________________

Kyuhyun ended up being late in his Biology class, he knew that already so he went to the clinic to get a slip saying he had a bad stomach before the subject. He just straight up lied and good thing his professor didn't pay much attention.

Kyuhyun sat beside Siwon who’s busy taking down notes and highlighting some stuff. He opened his book and tried to focus on the discussion but his mind was still clouded with 9, he almost knew who he was, and now he’s so eager to know who 9 is.

“Where were you?” Siwon asked, not taking his eyes off the lecture board.

“I was at the clinic, I had a bad stomach.” Kyuhyun said. Siwon gave him a “Really?!” look. “What? My stomach hurts.” 

“You’re full of Kyuhyun, stop lying, you can't lie to me.” Siwon whispered, afraid that they might be caught gossiping. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

“I went to get my biology book.” Kyuhyun answered him, well it was true.

“For 15 minutes?? Did you forget your book in your dorm??” Siwon asked. Kyuhyun didn't have a choice so he picked up the purple sticky note he slipped inside his book. He held it up to Siwon’s face, his friend grabbed it and read what’s written on the note. “And??” 

“I was about to get my book but I saw someone walking, he’s almost running, but he’s walking, anyway! I saw that person slipping some note, purple note inside a locker and I was so stunned and nervous at the same time, I hid inside the empty classroom below, and I waited for him to pass, sadly, I didn't get to see his face, but I know he’s shorter than me, and he has black hair, and he was wearing a university hoodie. Like how the hell do I supposed to know who he is? Almost everyone is shorter than me, the majority of this school has black hair! And every student, I mean EVERYONE here owns a university hoodie.” Kyuhyun whined at Siwon. “At first, I didn't care who he was, but now that I practically saw him doing it, I badly want to meet him. But how the hell am I supposed to do it? AND NOPE! I don't wanna check the surveillance, I just want to meet him naturally, or I just want to know who he is, this is so gay.” Kyuhyun slumped his head on his arm rest. Siwon just laughed, he finally gave up on taking notes.

“I agree that’s gay but I think you also have the hots for him. You like 9 now right?” He asked. Kyuhyun nodded his head, Siwon put a hand on his hair and softly ruffled. “Oh no, Kyuhyun’s in love with someone…” Siwon cooed. Kyuhyun removed his friend’s hand and squished it so hard and made Siwon yelp in pain.

“I just like him, like if given the chance, I would probably date him, but I don't think I’m in love yet.” Kyuhyun sat properly again, they’re not listening to the discussion anymore.

“Whatever you say—” Siwon was interrupted by a knock on the door. Both Siwon and Kyuhyun looked at the student who interrupted the class.

“Good afternoon Sir, is Choi Siwon around? May I excuse him Sir, There’s an SG Officers meeting in 10 minutes, all officers are required to attend.” A guy student spoke, he smiled at the professor and scanned the class to look for Siwon, he spotted Siwon, but the student’s expression changed when he saw who’s sitting beside Siwon. Kyuhyun and the student accidentally made eye contact but the other quickly looked at the professor. Kyuhyun scrunched his forehead, he doesn't even know the guy’s name but he knows that he is a part of the Student Government, He’s the Vice President.

“Yes, you may. Choi Siwon, you can leave now, you’re excused.” The professor spoke. Siwon quickly slid his laptop and book inside his bag.

“Excused again, bye Kyu!” He tapped his friend’s shoulder. Kyuhyun just nodded and went to look at the student again, he bowed to the professor and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter