— 1 ;

The Lucky Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You like him,” Hyukjae told Kyuhyun, who was sitting on the floor, as they were inside Kyuhyun’s room, Hyukjae decided to crash at Kyuhyun’s shared place with Yesung and Ryeowook. “No, let me rephrase it, you like each other! It’s obvious!”

“No, we don’t.” Kyuhyun answered, He sat on the massage chair beside his bed. “We’re friends, nothing more, nothing less.” He added, as he drank his beer.

“Seriously Kyuhyun, you’re so full of ! You can fool Yesung and Heechul as you deny you're only friends with their younger brother, but you can't fool me.” Hyukjae spat. “I don’t even think those two believe you at all, have you seen the way you and Ryeowook flirt?” Kyuhyun shook his head, he didn’t like Ryeowook in that context, he’s only friends with him… or so he thought.

“No, listen, seriously, believe me, I don’t like him THAT way.” Kyuhyun explained. “What’s between me and Ryeowook is purely platonic.” 

“Platonic my ! Your actions towards him say otherwise! Hep! Don’t even get me started!” Hyukjae cuts Kyuhyun off. “I will list all the damn things you did that will prove that you like Ryeowook!” Hyukjae shot up, pointing his finger to Kyuhyun, who also stood up covering Hyukjae’s mouth.

“Please keep your voice down! Ryeowook’s at home! I don’t want him hearing you say nonsense!” he pleaded, as Hyukjae pushed him away. 

“Let him hear then, if you really don’t have feelings for him.” Hyukjae dared. “Anyway, remember the time Ryeowook went out with Henrick, His college friend? Bro, that was 2 weeks ago, and you told Ryeowook you were sick as hell so that he would come home and tend to your needs instead?” Kyuhyun defended himself by saying he was really sick.

“And what? Sore eyes? You were so pathetic, we were together and you suddenly asked me to leave, your sore eyes weren’t that bad!” Hyukjae shot back. “And dude, the stares you give him whenever he speaks or whenever he’s around! Your eyes practically eat him alive!” Hyukjae pointed out. Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes, he stayed silent. He neither admitted nor denied Hyukjae’s last accusation. 

Yes, he knew to himself that he had liked Ryeowook, for a long while now. Who was he kidding? Kyuhyun liked Ryeowook ever since the guy moved in with them. All the subtle flirting they'd exchange and the pants of jealousy he'd felt ever since Ryeowook moved in with them spoke volumes about his admiration towards his housemate. Which, he can't, obviously. Ryeowook obviously sees him only as a friend, and the fact that his curse forbids him from loving someone, he can’t, he can’t like Ryeowook, He doesn’t want anything to happen to Ryeowook, he didn’t want to lose Ryeowook. In order to protect him, Kyuhyun had to sacrifice his own happiness.

________________________________________

[Kyuhyun’s] 

The day after Hyukjae pointed out my feelings for Ryeowook, We went out. It was Ryeowook’s day off, and at the same time, t’was my day off too, so we decided to go see a movie, and eat dinner outside. When Ryeowook posted a picture of us eating at a Ramen house, I immediately received plenty of texts from Hyukjae.

“Wow, on a date!”
“I knew it.”
“Stop being in denial.”
“I hope tonight you will finally admit that you want to sleep with Ryeowook. I can handle Yesung and Heechul, I always got you bro!”
“I’m kidding! I’m kidding!”
“I hope you two have a wonderful night!”
“Use protection!”
“Don’t let his brothers know that he’s sore! Take it slow!”

I cursed him nonstop in my replies.. He was speaking nonsense. It was just a friendly date, everybody does that, there’s no malice. Although I will admit that yes, during the movie and dinner, there were butterflies in my stomach. I enjoyed it though, with that I somehow felt what it would be like if Ryeowook was my boyfriend.

________________________________________

“I haven’t seen Kyuhyun in almost a week now.” Ryeowook and his brother, Yesung were sitting inside the kitchen, Ryeowook had just finished cooking something for dinner, as it was almost 7 in the evening. “I think he’s avoiding me, he doesn’t even read my texts.”

“He’s not, Ryeowook. I heard he got a new job, based in San Francisco, so he really is awake during night or midnight.” Yesung explained. Ryeowook frowned, ‘Kyuhyun’s probably still sleeping at the moment’, he knows Kyuhyun is a busy person but to the point that they hadn’t seen or talked to each other for almost a week is unusual, since they live in the same house. 

“I know but…” He was interrupted when someone walked inside the kitchen, “Kyuhyun!” Ryeowook stood up, excitement and happiness radiating off his face. He immediately stood in front of the man. The other looked sleepy, like he just woke up. “How have you been? I haven’t seen you all week!” Ryeowook exclaimed.

“Woah, good morning to you Kyuhyun.” Yesung greeted him. He just nodded and padded towards the refrigerator. He didn’t even greet Ryeowook. “Come join us, You look like you haven’t eaten all day.” Yesung added. Ryeowook pulled the chair beside him and motioned Kyuhyun to sit, but Kyuhyun just looked and walked past him.

“Kyuhyun won’t you join us and eat dinner?” Ryeowook spoke before Kyuhyun left the Kitchen. 

“I’m not hungry.” That was the only answer that Kyuhyun gave the two brothers. Ryeowook looked hurt. Was Kyuhyun really avoiding him? If yes, what did he do?

“Did you two fight?” Yesung asked, as he shoved a spoon inside his mouth. Ryeowook shook his head, they were okay when he and Kyuhyun last spoke. So Ryeowook really didn’t know what’s the issue now. “Go, find out why your lover’s mad at you.” He motioned Ryeowook to go after Kyuhyun.

“We’re not lovers!” Ryeowook retorted and Yesung just made a face, he brought a plate and put more of the food he cooked, he’d just have to bring food to Kyuhyun’s room. He stood up and left his brother. Ryeowook stroded down the hall to Kyuhyun’s room. He just stood in front of the door, still confused as to why the was Kyuhyun acting like this. He knocked on the door, he waited for a couple of seconds until the door opened, revealing Kyuhyun, still wearing his pajamas and his glasses. “Hi. I brought you food.” offering the plate his little hands were holding. Kyuhyun just looked at him.

“I said I’m not hungry.” Kyuhyun told the shorter man in front of him. He was about to close his door when Ryeowook pushed the door. “What the hell is your problem?!” Kyuhyun raised his voice, clearly annoyed.

“No! What the hell is your problem, Kyuhyun?!” Ryeowook fought back. “Why are you acting like that? Is there a problem? Do you have a problem? Did I do anything wrong?” Ryeowook asked, his voice shaky. Kyuhyun just stared at him. Yesung heard from across the hall. He decided to leave the apartment in an instant, he wants the two to have privacy. Yesung isn’t dense, he clearly knows that there’s something going on between his brother and his friend.

“None! What are you talking about?” Kyuhyun answered him. Ryeowook looked at him, his eyes clearly stating that he’s upset.

“But why are you doing this?!” He asked. “Why are you avoiding me?” Ryeowook sniffed, the tears he was fighting back, now evident on his cheeks. Kyuhyun just stood there, He did not do anything. He badly wanted to wipe the tears staining Ryeowook’s beautiful face, he wanted to hug the man in front of him, but he didn’t. He couldn’t. He knows that if he did one move, everything would crumble down.
“I’m not.” Kyuhyun answered him, his voice cold. Ryeowook shook his head, clearly not believing Kyuhyun. 

“We were okay last week… when we went out… We were happy. Kyuhyun what happened? Don’t tell me that I’m wrong. I know you! Why are you distancing yourself from me? I thought---” Ryeowook asked him, He didn’t bother to stop the tears from falling. Ryeowook felt upset, frustrated, and hurt. He looked at Kyuhyun, hoping he would find an answer but the latter remained silent, not showing any signs of emotion on his face. “You know what?! Nevermind! I don’t know why I bother! You have a problem with me? I don’t care, go yourself!” Ryeowook angrily spat, he turned around and left Kyuhyun, he was beyond angry and upset. Kyuhyun sighed in resignation, he chased after Ryeowook who went back inside the kitchen. 

Kyuhyun foun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter