Friends forever?

Lie Detector

Noise of rattling blanket can be heard in the entire room. A person keeps tossing left and right, trying to make herself to sleep. But no luck for, as she keeps worrying about a certain someone, who bugs her mind in the entire day.

 

 

 

 

After Tiffany and Hyoyeon visited the Jung sisters, Tiffany kept thinking about the lie (well if that is what the lie detector had given) she have told earlier to Jessica and Hyoyeon. Not that it's her fault.

 

 

 

 

 

"Is she okay?" Tiffany ask herself. She is worried that she might have hurt her friend, Jessica, as the latter was expectingly looking at her while asking her the question.

 

"What if she misunderstood it? No, Tiffany you can't, you can't tell her about it. Stop overreacting, okay?" Trying to convince herself about not to tell her secret. A secret that needs to be kept to protect their friendship that they had for years. A secret that she loves her bestfriend as a woman who she wanted to be with forever, loving each other, holding each other every time but she can't, afraid that it would ruin the years of friendship. She can't risk it, but what if the lie is much worse than that? She thinks about it thoroughly.

 

"I need to talk to her," grabbing her phone, searching for the number she is eagerly wanted to call. Immediately pressing and waiting for the receiver to answer.

 

"Hello," after seconds of waiting, Tiffany heard her sweet voice, the voice that she always wanted to hear.

 

"Hey, Jessica. It's Tiffany. Can I talk to you for a moment?"

 

"Hey, Tiff. I'm sorry but I don't think we can talk right now, I am having my schedule. Sorry"

 

"No, it's fine. Maybe when you got home then?" Helping herself to sound less disappointed because she is the first one that who did that to her friend.

 

"Sure, fine by me. See ya"

 

"Bye" As the sound of a turned off call. Tiffany hoped she could tell her bestfriend how she feels for her. How she loves her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Few hours of tiring schedule and now Jessica's home. Looking around at their dark dorm, assuming that her members are sleeping already because of its silence. Taking off her shoes and heading straight towards her own room to finally have her rest until she noticed a huge bump of blanket laying in the couch. Jessica walks silently to reach for the couch, kneeling in front of it and taking a closer look to see who slept in it when they already have their own rooms in the dorm. 

 

Moving her hands carefully to uncover the blanket. She met a sleeping girl, snoring quietly, tired as well. Jessica unconsciously smiled at the sight.

 

"You are still beautiful, even when asleep," while gently caressing the other person's cheek, looking at the other as she is the only love, she continued doing it then stop when suddenly Tiffany starts waking up. Jessica slowly retrieve her hand, watching the woman sitting up.

 

"You're home now," Tiffany said softly, yawning tiredly while wiping the sleep she still had.

 

"I just got home," Jessica replied. "Why are you sleeping on the couch?"

 

"I-I was waiting for you, I didn't realize that I fell asleep." Fidgeting her nails, nervous about the idea she had come up to talk with the woman.

 

"You shouldn't have wait for me. But thanks." Jessica warmly smiled to her even if she is tired already.

 

"Sorry," as Jessica was about to get up she heard the younger of the two blurted out. 

 

"Look, go back to your room and sleep, okay. Take some rest and there's nothing to apologize for." Confused about Tiffany's apologies. But she assured the latter that everything is fine.

 

"No, I am sorry about earlier. I know you are disappointed at me because it is a lie detector." Looking at her feet as her knew interest since she do not want to see Jessica's gazing eyes. 

 

As the latter got what the younger one had said. A sigh left from her and hands reaching for Tiffany's chin, "Look at me, Tiff." The older one oder her to follow.

 

Immediately obeying the other one's orders, Tiffany looks into Jessica's alluring brown orbs. Losing into its magic that she could feel from her insides twisting and turning her as if her life depended on it like it always had for her.

 

"Do you really want to be friends with me, forever?" Asking seriously, although Jessica is looking for something else. Expecting more from her bestfriend. Expecting that she wanted it too.

 

"Yes, Jessie!" Tiffany answered surely even if she wanted to become more than that. Yet, she knows it won't happen. She won't be hers. She had no right for her.

 

"Tiff, what if I told you I don't want to." Not breaking their eyes that are connected with each other, Tiffany felt her heart broke into pieces. Processing every word Jessica had just said. Her sight becoming a blur as she felt much more hurt than she had expect for her confession to the girl in front of her. 

 

"She really is disappointed with me," Tiffany thinks to herself. "You're an idiot, Stephanie. You really done it without even confessing to her." She let out her breath that she didn't know she is holding up. She tries to answer the older without stuttering but failed to do so.

 

"I-if th-that is y-your choice. I-I'll g-go sl-sleep, in my r-room now," holding her tears, "G-good night, Jessica." Making her self stand up but stopped.

 

"I love you," holding Tiffany as Jessica said the words.

 

Turning her head quickly, Tiffany wanting to make sure she heard it right.

 

"I love you more than a friend. I have love you for years, Tiff. But I can't lose you because you don't want me. I kept my feelings for you so I won't destroy our friendship and that you won't leave me, but I can't keep it anymore. That's why I don't want us to be just friends." Jessica holding Tiffany's hand harder, praying that it won't let go.

 

Tears came rushing down as Tiffany thinks this is just a dream, she can't possibly have Jessica said that just because she is crying, right? What if this is not real, what if, but she took that back quickly as a pair of lips came crashing to her. Pouring every means of it, love, and longing of the other girl. Slowly following with the same amount as her lover. Embracing each other as they shared their longing with one another. 

 

Breaking apart their lips as they catch their own breath. 

 

Tiffany hug Jessica onto her shoulder as tears still keep going. "You don't know how much more I love you too." A cold hand held Tiffany's face, for her the colds hand feels warm as it caress her dearly. "I am scared too, for you leaving me because you don't feel the same but I'm scared more earlier when I saw your face about what I said." Letting all the thoughts of her pour out of as she was still caress by her lover.

 

Jessica smiled, "I am still here and I won't leave you. Never. I love you, Stephanie Hwang."

 

"I love you too, Jessica Jung."

 

"Uhm, Tiff," Tiffany only hummed to Jessica. "Can we go sleep, I am tired as because of those schedules and meetings." They giggle at what Jessica stated.

 

"Come sleep in my room," more of a statement than a suggestion for what Tiffany told to the older one. 

 

"I like that"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The end.