APD

A Perfect Day (NaJeong)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"What is a perfect day for you?"

 

"Today, Jeongyeon." Nayeon wore a contented smile on her face. I wouldn't exchange it for the world. "Me, you, and our daughter, getting together once again."

 

It still makes my heart happy. Every time Nayeon says, ‘our daughter,’ why? Because I love being Haru's mom too, although I really am not.

 

 

 

 

Five years ago

 

 

I woke up at the sound of my phone ringing. The truth is, I slept around four in the morning. I always have trouble sleeping, and now, I groaned in annoyance, not even bothering to check who is calling me. "Hello?" I uttered as soon as I answered the call.

 

"Hello! Jeongyeon!" I don't even have to check now. I know that voice very well, and I know the reason why she called.

 

I sat up straight, eyes still half-closed, "What is it now, Dahyun? Are you going to ask me to pick Dahana?" I heard her chuckle on the line.

 

"How did you know that?"

 

I could only shake my head in disbelief, "What do you mean how? You only call me when you want me to pick your daughter up! It's not like I am your wife, Dahyun, so why do you keep on asking me to do that for you?" I scratched the top of my head.

 

"Are you really complaining? You love seeing Dahana! And you know how busy I am. I haven't even eaten lunch yet. Busy day today." Dahyun said, and then a voice got heard in the background, 'Doctor Kim, you are needed—' 

 

"Jeongyeon, you will pick her up, right? Sana is also busy at the cafe. She can't leave all the work to her mom. And Do-Hyun oppa is busy arranging his marriage with Ji-Eun unnie."

 

"Yeah, fine. I will pick Dahana up." I answered in defeat. "I miss that kid too." I smiled at the thought of her. She is cheerful like Sana, smart like Dahyun, and that is why I enjoy being with her.

 

I did not waste any time after ending that call. I immediately fixed myself since it is already twelve-forty. Dahana's classes would end at forty-five, and I don't want her to wait that long. Also, I finally learned how to drive now. Chaeyoung taught me how because she also asks me to pick Changmin up sometimes. Not only that, but also Mun-Hee—Momo, and Tzuyu's adopted son. Seriously, my friends keep on making me babysit their children. Good thing Daniel became a full-time dad to their daughter Jiwoo because if not... I swear to God I'm going to lose it.

 

I am waiting outside their school, watching students running towards their parents. I find it cute. I always wished to be one, but I couldn't seem to find the right one for me still. After Tzuyu, I became too careful.

 

And there, I saw Dahana waving at me with a huge smile on her face. She's grown a lot already, and she's becoming prettier each day. I waved back at her. I noticed she was walking with another kid I've never seen before. Perhaps she's made a new friend. "Where is Changmin, Mun-Hee, and Jiwoo?" I asked her.

 

"Jiwoo already went home with uncle Daniel. Changmin and Mun-Hee... I think they are just running inside. I don't really know." Dahana answered right away, "But they told me auntie Mina and auntie Momo would come together to pick them both up."

 

"Alrighty then. Shall we go home, buddy?" I asked her, but she looked at the girl beside her. "Can we stay for a while? Let's wait for Haru's mom to arrive."

 

"No, Dahana. I'm okay! You can go home." Haru told Dahana, but I know this kid, she wouldn't allow that. "My mom might take longer."

 

"Then, we will wait. We don't have anything to do, right, buddy?" Dahana looked at me with eyes widened, like she is asking me to agree, and so I did nod my head.

 

Haru smiled a little, "Okay, then." She said. I don't know why, but I think I am seeing the sadness in her eyes. Like something is wrong, so to cheer her up, 

 

"How about we get ice cream while waiting?" 

 

We are currently sitting on a bench, Dahana sitting on my lap, and beside me is Haru. I noticed how silent she is, so I tried talking to her. "What does your mom do? Is she working?" I asked, but there was no response.

 

Dahana leaned forward to whisper something in my ear, "She doesn't talk a lot, especially to strangers." Oh, that is why.

 

Not long, a woman about my age is walking our way. She must be Haru's mom as this little girl's eyes lightened up at the sight of her. "Mommy!" She stood up, running toward that woman. I carried Dahana as I stood up, smiling.

 

"Oh, hey. Are you Dahana's mom?" 

 

I quickly shook my head, chuckling a little, "I am her mom's friend. I often am the one who picks her up since they are busy." I answered.

 

The woman bobbed her head, "Thank you for staying with Haru for a while." She sweetly smiled, causing me to do the same. "Im Nayeon," I got a little st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter