fin.

Home

After a crappy day at uni, all you wanted was for your dearest, considerate boyfriend to magically dispel away the perturbing thoughts that has been gnawing at you. Because for some unfathomable reason, his warm embrace seemed to do just that whenever you had a stressful day.

And that thought takes shape into reality the moment you step into the vicinity of your home, being greeted by the all too familiar smell of coffee- indicating that your boyfriend- gentle, sweet jaemin- is around.

That thought alone is comforting.

Finally, you almost cry in relief.

Scanning the living room, you note he's not there. So you place your bag on the sofa nearby and dart towards the kitchen.

Your shoulders visibly slacken at the sight of Jaemin's back, donning in his regular black sweater and sweatpants, and his frayed brunette locks. The domestic scene is oddly consoling.

He is softly humming to a song under his breath as he makes his coffee, the steam disappearing into thin air.

The scene in front of you is welcoming- beckoning you to move.

So your feet silently pad across the carpeted floor, footsteps almost unheard of until Jaemin feels a presence behind his back.

He is about to turn around when you wind your arms around his torso- resting your forehead on his back, and locking him in place. You feel Jaemin's frame relax at your touch, sighing contently, placing his warm hand on top of yours.

The lingering smell of jaemin's cologne has you nuzzling your face further into his back, your exhausted mind and body loosening up a tad.

Relief instantly washes over you. He smells so much like home.

Jaemin can tell you've had quite a day so he doesn't say anything and continues to hum his song while he makes his coffee (or battery acid, looking at the amount of caffeine he consumes).

A hand is stirring the spoon while the other rest atop yours as he gently sways you from side to side. The low vibration resonating from his humming gradually ebbing away your pensive thoughts.

Once he is done making his coffee, he softly turns around and peel your arms away his torso- proceeding to take in the entirety of your figure- while his hands rest securely on your waist.

His gaze softens at your tired figure- shoulders slackening, eyes almost hollow and lips tight in a thin line.

It is one of those days.

"Rough day?" he sympathetically asks.

The tender eyes with which Jaemin rakes your tired countenance makes your heart clench.

You are suddenly reminded of the horrible day you've had- tears welling up in your eyes- but you will them not to fall, instead diving into your boyfriend's inviting arms and placing your head on his shoulder- shutting your eyes and letting his smell, the very smell of home, evade your senses.

Jaemin circles his arms around your waist, pressing you further into his chest while he leaves a long kiss on your temple, breathing in the distinctive, vanilla scent of your shampoo. His left hand is smoothing out your hair, while the unoccupied one runs up and down your back soothingly.

The two of you stay put in the cluthces of each other's arm for the longest time in the kitchen, the silent atomsphere just as welcomed.

"My project partner just screwed up our final project, he didn't prepare any of the materials," your muffled voice breaks the silence, and Jaemin squeezes your figure in his arms, mutely encouraging you to continue.

"I worked so hard for this, spent days pulling all-nighters, and he just," your voice breaks a little, tears slowly dampening the side of Jaemin's shoulder but he pays no heed to that, instead your back and hoping to provide you some form of comfort.

"He messed up during the presentation and the mean professor made some harsh comments and graded us a D," your quite sniffles reverberate through the small space of the kitchen.

Jaemin's heart breaks a little at the sound of it. He doesn't like seeing you cry at all, preferring your chuckles and sweet smiles more.

"It's okay, baby, come here."

His coffee is long forgotten as he is now entirely focused on making you feel better the best way he does; hot chocolate and lots of warm cuddles.

But before that, you looked like you required a much needed nap and Jaemin ensures that happens.

He slightly taps the side of your thigh, silently urging you to jump in his arms and you do, wrapping your legs around his lean torso while he tightens his hold on you, diminishing any space between the two of you. Your hands circle his neck, while you rest your face in the crook of his neck, occasionally brushing the hair on his nape.

He wordlessly picks you up, and move towards the direction of your bedroom, leaving a chaste peck on top of your head.

He gently lays you down on your bed first before he climbs up, the mattress dipping at his weight, sliding across you, barely leaving gap between your bodies.

You naturally curl against his side, and he brings his arm around your waist, pulling you impossibly close, sighing, warmth radiating from the proximity.

Your eyes eventually flutter shut, the rhythmic movement of Jaemin's chest lulling you to sleep, coupled with tiredness, and the lack of sleep, which you've evidently been deprived of for the the past couple of days.

When you finally stir awake from your slumber, your nose immediately picks up the aroma of something sweet- hot chocolate.

Your heart instantly warms up- your everso attentive boyfriend making your favourite drink. You get down from your bed, deciding to change your outfit as well, wearing something comfortable and flimsy, before you make your way towards the kitchen.

The sight of Jaemin's back has your insides swelling with so much love, and a sense of deja vu hits you.

However, this time there is a light spring in your feet as you walk towards Jaemin, a smile taking over your sleepy visage as you hear him murmuring words of a song under his breath.

Some things never change, your mind deduces.

"I love you," you quitely slip your arms around his waist, groggily mumbling into his ear.

"I love you more," he replies easily as he spins around, gathering your frame in his arms. A wide, signature grin takes over his features, eyes bright and sparkly. His heart also feeling at ease after seeing your old self returning.

You crane your neck to peck him on the lips, once, twice, before pulling away, but Jaemin is chasing your lips right away.

And you let him because he tastes so sweet, of warmth, of happiness- of home.

You had a bad day, yes, but it didn't feel as bad when you had Na Jaemin by your side. Always listening to your worries and troubles, imparting wise words in return, words that assured your otherwise anxiety-ridden state.

Na Jaemin, who is your home, where you belong, and return to at the end of a tiring day.

A hot chocolate and a cup of coffee sits between the two of you at the kitchen island as you and Jaemin converse, giggles quickly filling the air, hands intertwined, the warm ambiance finally returning.

Na Jaemin is the embodiment of home, you realize, as you let out a light hearted chuckle at his silly antics, expression animated and exaggerated, just to bring out a laugh from you.

You give his hand a knowing squeeze, a small quirk of your lips, with grateful eyes and he tightens his hold, a fond gaze filled to the brim with love and affection directed at you, I know, he answers right back.

Some words are better left unsaid for their essence lie beautiful in words not spoken out loud, but simply felt in between the lines.

Admidst this, Jaemin will always be your home.

 

***

a/n: also posted this on my wattpad @wonderwalljaem , comments are appreciated <3