end

I'd do it all over again just to see you smile.

Life in a small town was not everyone's cup of tea. Slow days filled with quietness and stillness. Seulgi loved it, it was reliable and easy. Things were always normal for Seulgi, she had a somewhat normal family who loved her dearly and awesome friends who had her back through anything.

She went to school, went home, spent time with her friends and then came back home to sleep. The past few days Seulgi had dreams that seemed not to belong to her, late night laughs, leather pants and the weirdest thing of all the color purple seemed to be everywhere. She didn't really pay attention to it, dreams are just dreams things your mind creates to escape reality.

Other than that everything was right on track, until one sunny day the seat that had always been unoccupied was filled by a new girl who had just transferred schools. What Seulgi noticed first was the color purple, the new girl had all her school supplies in that peculiar color. The girl had one of the most soothing auras Seulgi had ever encountered.

As curious as people were about the new girl, no one really talked to her or included her in their group. The girl was shy, closed off but she seemed nice. So the next day Seulgi went up to her with a smile and some cute chocolate cookies."Hi I'm Seulgi "She happily announced making herself know to the raven haired girl. There was a few moment of silence before she got a response.

"I'm Irene, nice to meet you." The response was low, That's not my name Roo,the voice that had just come out of Irene somehow lingered in Seulgi's mind but with different words. Like she's heard it before.

Slowly in the span of a day, Seulgi and Irene starting talking more and more. Before Seulgi knew it her routine had changed. Now she waited every morning for her new friend to arrive, included the now not so shy Irene into her friend group which seemed to be a perfect match for her.

The more she got to know Irene things suddenly weren't that easy and normal. Dreams were supposed to be a get away from the life you were in. They weren't supposed to make sense, they certainly shouldn't seem like a sequence of events but to Seulgi they seemed like a movie of someone’s life.

"I'm sorry about your family" sincerity filled her voice.

"I'm sorry too.."a sadness that could not be fixed was visible for a second.

This night whatever dream Seulgi was in, wasn’t as happy as her usual ones. She saw death young and old, a house on fire with two silhouettes belonging to two females in front of the burning estate. She tried to approach them but before she could reach either one of them everything dissolved into a whole new setting.

Candles and Bibles, church Seulgi assumed. Although for a church it seemed dark and grim there were people on benches looking anything but happy to be there...they seemed dead inside no movement at all.

Then out of nowhere she heard a cry that for some reason made her want to cry too, or at least in her dream. Seulgi tried to follow the cry ending up in front of a big metal door. It had a name tag with no name on it. The door was opened ajar allowing Seulgi to take a peek inside.

All she could see was a silhouette of a young girl, who seemed not to move except for the movement caused by the sobbing. As the moonlight hit the girl, she saw pale skin complementing the light purple sweater the girl had on. That damn color was again making itself present.

A nun seemed to ignore Seulgi's presence and enter the room with the crying girl."Deviant" "Sinful" she spoke calmly but in a vicious manner. After that all Seulgi felt was a needle and then pain. She screamed just as loudly as the victim inside the cold gray room.

"Seulgi!,Seulgi!"Her mother's voice pulled her out of her nightmare. There were tears dripping down her neck, it took a while for her to stop the tear flown. Brown eyes looked at her worried. "Hunny, what happened?" Her mother had woken up to her daughter screaming and crying,2 minutes was how long it took for Seulgi to wake up from whatever place she was in.

"I saw a scary movie, it must have stuck with me" Was the excuse Seulgi gave her mother so she wouldn't worry anymore. For some reason she found herself abstaining from discussing her dream with Irene. It just didn't feel right.

The bond they both shared got stronger and so did their friendship. Irene was really funny in her own way, and Seulgi …well she loved to listen to whatever thoughts roamed Irene's mind.

"You have a weird sense of humor "laughing at the horrible joke that had just been said to her.

"Do you have a little sister Rene?” It was a question out of the blue, Seulgi had memories of a younger girl, small and vibrant in stark contrast to her other memories. She needed to know where she had heard it. Irene answered almost instantaneously.

"No, but sometimes I dream I do." Irene said nonchalantly. The revelation resonated through her mind, maybe just maybe Irene dreamt things too. Before Seulgi could ask more questions Irene started talking about going to see the sunset high up on the hilltop and now Seulgi wants to see it too if it means being with Irene.

Thankfully she's only had good dreams as of late. Dreams involving white dresses and beautiful scenery. Good dreams are short but she finds herself loosing herself in them. A cake that looks pulled out of a fancy weddings magazine yet the wedding decorations are a mix of Elegant and spunky, a little bunny and bear figurine on top of a massive 3 tier cake.

There are purple flowers on the bouquet of one of the brides it matches the hair piece that the other bride has. People are happy and Seulgi can tell the brides are way beyond happy. It makes her tear up, but in a good heartwarming way.

"I love you so much Hyun, you’ve made me a better person" Nothing but pure love escaping her lips.

The declaration of love feels too private for her to be listening, yet she doesn't want to stop. She wakes up nonetheless. She's running late because of her ebullient dream. Her dream now long forgotten because waiting for her is Irene. The other visibly elated to see Seulgi.

"I read that today the sun is the closest to the earth and because of that there will be a beautiful sunset "gushed Irene excitement taking over. "Would you join me at the hilltop to watch this rare phenomenon?" Her tone seemed nervous like she was asking for some impossible thing.

Without hesitation Seulgi accepted the offer, now all they had to do was get through the school day. The walk up the hill was not an easy one especially since Seulgi found herself almost running up the hill thanks to Irene's quicker pace and better stamina.

They set up a small space for them to sit and enjoy the view. Eating what they had brought Seulgi and Irene talked nonstop about anything and everything.

We used to talk endlessly too...Seulgi thought to herself, she couldn't identify who or what she was thinking about. But she knew it was the truth.

The sun was setting and Irene was right, it was exceptionally pretty. She was almost entranced by it. Seulgi was paying attention to the sun not acknowledging how the raven haired girl was looking at her, like she was the true view to see.

She did however manage to catch Irene look away when she turned around. It made her heart skip a beat at the thought of Irene looking at her. "Rene thanks for bringing me up here." She really was enjoying the hilltop.

They locked eyes just as the last beam of light hit their faces. And just as Seulgi remembered from a distant memory Irene was the first one to lean in and kiss her.

I've kissed those lips before, maybe Seulgi has kissed them before in another lifetime but all that mattered was the present and how two best friends fell for each other.

That was all Seulgi cared about, making new dreams with Irene.

---

A small Seulrene drabble that popped into my head,I love the lovers in another life storyline.Hope you enjoyed it,even though it was short.

To clarify Roo comes from Roowon the name that Seulgi almost debuted with and Hyun comes from Joohyun.

-Sayma99