~fin~

Our Happy Ending ~A Monologue~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Recommendation: Our Happy Ending by IU

 

I settled down on the couch in our apartment that was shared by us.

You were sitting right across from me, browsing something on your laptop, unbothered by my presence.

At times, when you focus on your work with all your might, it's the perfect opportunity for me to take in your every little detail and register it with a permanent marker in my mind.

A smile appeared on my lips as you ran your fingers across your hair due to frustration. Did your colleague mess up something again?

You continued typing on your laptop as I glanced around our living room, it was a mixture of vintage and modern interior. Since you were obsessed with vintage items back when we bought this apartment and I wanted it to have the latest technology.

The rest of the house was dark while there was just a minimal light lit in the living room, just enough for you to see your surroundings. While the moonlight shining from the window did the rest of the job.

We live in the suburbs, not many people live here. It's a small community and pretty much everyone knows each other. Guess the city life was too overwhelming back then and we just wanted to hide away in the woods.

Talking about the woods, we should go take a walk in the woods. It's been so long. I still remember how frequently we used to go and explore back when we just started dating. We were adventurous but I get it, life can get busy at times. Hopefully, we do get some time soon to go out into the wilderness again.

The coffee table that was next to you was a complete mess. That shows how busy you have been with your work but did you have your meal? You barely ever ate when you were stuck up with some project like you are at the moment. My eyes landed on the peach envelope, sitting right next to you on the coffee table.

After dating for 7 years, we're finally getting married.

I even got a beautiful wedding attire. I can't wait to show you when it arrives!

Oh, all the plans I have for this wedding! I can't wait to talk to you about it after you are done with your work. Hopefully, you're not too tired.

On top of the fireplace, there's a collage of our photographs that our friend gifted me on my birthday. From the day we met till now- all the photos and still counting. It also has a picture of the coffee cup where you scribbled down "you're cute." and handed it to me when you used to work in a coffee shop. That was the day we met for the very first time.

Who would've thought you would end up becoming such a big part of my life.

Every day, all these years were special and fun because of you, and even though we did have small and big fights, we always came back to each other. I really can't wait to be with you for the rest of my life.

I want to thank you for sticking with me and loving me till now. And I will when the time comes.

You finally kept your laptop aside as you stretched your back before getting up from the couch. You started brewing black coffee and the essence of the coffee hit my nose.

I can never get used to this warming smell.

You poured the black hot liquid into your cup as you glanced at the digital wall clock, it's 11 pm. A concerned expression overtook your face as you turned to face the door.

Is someone coming over? Who could come over at this time anyway?

You plopped back on the same spot and pulled your mobile out, scrolled a bit before placing it against your ear. After a minute or so, a sigh left your lips as you grabbed your coat and made it out the front door.

I followed you behind out of curiosity.

I continued walking next to you as our surroundings came to my notice.

A clear night illuminated only by the glint of starlight and the radiance of a bright moon.

Oh, how I wish to walk under this beautiful sky with you every day, every season.

Oh, how I wish to spread my wings and show our happy tale to the rest of the world.

You reached the small park in our community and you sat down on the swing. I still remember those days where you used to wait for me to come back on the days that I was running late from work.

Somedays, I used to purposefully come late just to see you waiting for me, and then we used to have a late-night Ice-cream from the Ice-cream stand near the corner.

Ah, now I'm craving some Ice-cream.

Flashback.

"Which Ice-cream do you like?" I asked you shyly and you smiled "Choco-cookie." You replied as I fiddled with my dress. Today was our first date. It escalated so quickly that I haven't wrapped my head around it yet. You were the cute guy who worked in a coffee shop and every girl from my school specifically went to that coffee shop just to look at you.

I never thought about you until that one day where you complimented me and I guess they weren't wrong. You were really cute.

We started texting all day long and we just connected without any effort. As if we were meant to be together. And then you asked me out and here we are on a date.

"Can I have on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter