1/1

I love you, Lee Donghae.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae frowned as he once again went inside Hyukjae’s room to see the interested on his belly at the middle of his bed sobbing his eyes out. Donghae sighed dejectedly, here we go again. He closed the door to his best friend’s room as he placed the paper bag of strawberry milk and donuts on his night stand table.

“Hyuk?” Donghae called out gently as he sat down on the edge of the bed, his hand going straight to the latter’s back to soothe him from the crying. Hyukjae, upon instinct, hauled himself on Donghae’s lap. His best friend’s warmth had always comforted him in every possible way. He wrapped his arms around Donghae’s neck as he buried his nose into his shoulder’s his tears wetting the younger’s shirt.

“What happened this time, Hyuk-ah?” Donghae asked softly as he began caressing the older’s back, giving any kind of comfort he can give since this is not the first this happened all throughout the year. Hyukjae hiccupped, “He cancelled on me, Hae-ah. It’s out anniversary today and he just… cancelled on me. He told me he had family emergency. I-I wanted to be okay but it just hurts since I’ve planning this ever since I got a boyfriend.” The said man sobbed into his best friend’s shoulder.

That bastard, Donghae thought. “Did Jongwoon-hyung say anything else other than he had a family emergency?” he asked through his teeth, how could that man just abandon Hyukjae like this? It’s not the first time this happened, there had been so many times that Donghae had already lost count on how many times he had ran over to his best friend’s house only to find him crying over Kim Jongwoon.

And it hurt Donghae, because to him; Hyukjae was the world. He was the moon in the sky, the prettiest person to walk this earth and also probably the person with the kindest heart. Hyukjae meant so much to Donghae but he feels like Hyukjae meant to little to Jongwoon, and it irked him to no end.

“Nothing, he didn’t even greet me. H-he just told me h-he couldn’t come and h-he hung up.” Hyukjae whispered in between sobs. Donghae sighed, “Hyuk, I’m sorry but this is the nth time that I’m going to ask you this but, why are you with him anyways? He treats you like dirt.” Donghae said with anger.

Hyukjae looked at Donghae’s face, it was handsome and it had no imperfections, he had to look down abruptly because his heart hammered against his chest. He couldn’t have this feelings, he had to forget about them. “Because I have to.” Hyukjae whispered. Donghae scoffed, “Hyuk, you don’t have to stay in a toxic relationship, it’s your choice not his. Save yourself from this heartache and forget about Jongwoon.” Be with me instead, Donghae added mentally.

Hyukjae looked at Donghae again, hoping that he could just the younger’s mind even if it’s just for a few minutes, figure out if Donghae would be okay if Hyukjae would tell him the real reason why he was with Jongwoon in the first place. But alas, we couldn’t have that. The older just sighed tiredly as he got off Donghae’s lap and settled himself on the bed.

“I can’t, Hae.”

“Why not?”

“Hae…”

“Why can’t you leave him?”

“I-I… I love him Hae.” Hyukjae whispered, no I love you, his mind contradicted.

Donghae stiffened, this is the first time he had ever heard those words from Hyukjae. And it pained him to no end. Of course, why would he be in a relationship in the first place if he didn’t have some sort of feelings towards the man right? He nodded, “Of course, you do.” Donghae said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter