Fin

Allégro

"There's only one thing i believe in this world." 


A boy stretch his long hands as it feels very stiff. The teacher in the middle of the class still explaining about the material that he doesn't even understand.

A girl tie her hair into a bun. She's warming her leg for a while and when she feels it's enough to not hurting her ankle, she does a plié move (bent, bending ; of the knee or knees).

The boy yawns lazily. He's staring at his watch, 5 minutes more to the recess time. He groans as he leans his back to the chair.

The girl start to do some moves. Without caring many girls around her that start to pay attention to her. Some of them in awe, some of them in jealous.

The bell finally ringing. That boy smiles happily. Without even thinking twice, he running out from his class straight to the second floor, then, he make a right turn where a dancing hall located. He stops his steps as soon as he reach the dancing hall and standing in front of a big transparent window.

That girl doing a pirouette moves (a rotation or spin ; a complete turn of the body on one foot, on point or demi-pointe (half- pointe)). She does it perfectly.

That boy smiles. He watch that girl dancing without saying anything until their eyes finally meet.


"Love doesn't have any time limit."
 

 


"Tell me, since when you're that interested to ballet?" A navy-colored shirt girl, Seulgi said as she sits on her seat. She tidy up her hair that turns into a mess.

"Yeah. I never know this side of you, Lucas hyung." The guy in beige shirt, Haechan said as he turns his head to the guy beside him, who's the main reason why they're here, at the Art Hall, watching a ballet recital.

That guy, Lucas, smile. He let out a breath as he adjust his seat.


"Because i'm in love with a masterpiece."
 

 


The backstage packed with many people as the ballerinas are getting their make up done. Just then, a man in his mid 40 coming into the room with a bucket of Red Salvia. Then, he put it on top of the table.

"Another flower for you, Mademoiselle." That guy said happily. Then, he cross his arms.

"It's your first time recital in Korea yet you already had a fans? What a good life, Soo-in!"

That girl, Soo-in turns her head. Her make up artist carefully put on a red lipstick on her lips.

"Thank you, Hoon."


Soo-in staring at the flower. Then, she takes the bucket.


"Who is it again?"


"You didn't know the sender?" The make up artist said as she carefully put on a blush. "You keep receiving the same flower for 5 days."

Soo-in chuckled. She let out a breath.


"I don't have so called fans."


The make up artist smiles, as if she's agree with her.


"You have a fans now."


Soo-in smiles. She's staring at her reflection on the mirror in front of her. She checks her hair and her clothes.


"Eomma!"


Soo-in turns her head. Soon, her face formed a wide smile as a 5 years old girl running into her direction along with an old lady in her 50 behind her.


"You already finished your school?" Soo-in said as she hug her daughter. That little girl, Ra-hee, nods as she smiles.

"She keep telling her teacher that today is her mother's last day of recital and tell everyone to watch you!" The old woman said as she points her finger to Ra-hee. Soo-in smiles. Then, she take a look at Ra-hee.

"Really? I should do my best then.. Since Ra-hee's friends must be coming to watch me."



"So, that's her daughter?" A girl said as she peeking from the outside. The other girl nods.

"Do you know? She got pregnant in such a young age!" The girl said as she drink her juice. The girl beside her widen her eyes in shocked.


"Heol! How can?!"


"It's a very famous story. Both of them falls head over heels eventhough her boyfriend's parents disagree about their relationship. Short story, they run to Monaco with that old lady as their guardian. But at the day of their supposed-to-be marriage day, her boyfriend's parents right hand come and forcefully bring him back to here."

That girl's jaw dropped. She blinked her eyes.
 


"What?! So.. That little girl..-

"Yeah. It's their daughter."
 


"You already sent the flower?" Lucas said as he take a look at Seulgi. Seulgi nods.

"It's done a while ago. I give it to their manager this time." Seulgi said proudly as she already did this for 5 days straight. Lucas nods.

"Director. Why are you keep giving a flower to that ballerina? I even never heard her name before this recital." Haechan said as he really curious about it.

"Yeah. And you know what Red Salvia means? It means forever mine." Seulgi said in disbelief as she just find out about it yesterday from the florist. Haechan widen his eyes in disbelief.

"What?! But, Director! You have Su-ji ssi!"

"Right. What will you do if your girlfriend find out about this?"

Lucas just quiet. Then, he take a look at Seulgi with a smile on his face.


"I break up with Su-ji 10 minutes ago."

 


"Then, who's that old lady?!" The girl said as she following her friends to the bathroom. Her friends wash her hands.

"It's her nanny. Her parents divorced when she was 15 years old. Her mother re-married again but she against it. So her mother give her a lot of money, an apartment, and she live with her nanny as her guardian."
 


"Red Salvia?" Soo-in's nanny said as she take a look at the flower. Soo-in nods.

"I keep receiving it for 5 days straight. I wonder who's sending this.." Soo-in said as she take a look at the flower. Her nanny blinked her eyes. Then, she take a look at Soo-in.


"Who's the only person who knows you like Salvia flowers?"


Soo-in suddenly quiet. As if she remember something. As if a memory come into her mind. As if her brain understand about it. Her heart suddenly beating faster.


"What am i thinking about? I must be crazy." Soo-in said as she laughs, trying to erase her mind. Soo-in smiles. She take a look at her nanny.


"Let's go. It'll be starting soon."

 


"What?! What about your parents?! You know how much they're trying to make it work for you and Su-ji ssi!" Seulgi said in disbelief. Lucas chuckled.


"I already told her i'm not going to marry her no matter how hard she try yet she's so selfish about it. She come to my parents and ask them to marry us as soon as possible, that's why we broke up."


Lucas let out a breath. "She break the rules. That's why i told her to break up."


Soo-in take a deep breath. She's trying hard to calm herself.

"It's not him. It's not him, Soo-in."


Flashback. "I'm home!" Lucas said as he enter the house. Soo-in smiles. Just then, her eyes catch something on Lucas's hands.

"What's that? A flower?" Soo-in said as she walks approaching Lucas. Lucas smiles.

"An old man sell it near the church. It's Red Salvia. He said that it means 'forever mine'. I bought it since it fits you very well."

Flashback ends. The music started. The ballerinas one by one entering the stage. Soo-in close her eyes, trying hard to calm herself.


"He's not here, Soo-in. You must remember that."


Soo-in take a deep breath. She entering the stage along with another ballerina.
 


"Oh? It's eomma!" Ra-hee said happily. Soo-in's nanny smiles.

"It's started." Haechan said as he turns his eyes to the stage. Lucas just quiet. He turns his eyes to the stage as he's looking for Soo-in.

Soon, he found her. His eyes softened as soon as he saw her.

Flashback. Lucas barge into his parents room. His father and his mother take a look at him.

"You can brought your son here. But you can't make him do whatever you want."

His father furrow his eyebrows. "What-

"I'm not going to marry anyone except her. Even it's only for business, i'm not going to do that."


"Lucas!"


"Do you want to lose your only son.. Or you want him to at least stay in here?"

Flashback ends. Lucas's eyes teary. He clenched his fist tightly.

The music starts as the ballerinas stand by on their position. Soo-in stand by on her position.

Flashback. Soo-in wear a pretty pink dress. She style her hair into a simple ponytail and put a flower head band. Soo-in staring at her reflection on the mirror. Just then, a knock can be heard.

"Who is it?" Soo-in said as she gets up from her seat. She walk down the stairs.


"Lucas, who is it-


Soo-in suddenly quiet. Lucas is there. In front of the door. There are 2 familiar person in front of him.


"Lucas-


"S.. Stop there.. Soo-in."

Flashback ends. Soo-in shakes her head slowly as she's trying to shrug it off. The lights flashing her as it's her turns.

Lucas turns his eyes. His eyes following Soo-in's moves.


Flashback. "LUCAS!!" Soo-in shouted as she walks appriaching him. Lucas turns his head slowly. Tears falling from his eyes.

"Stop there, Soo-in ah."

"Why?" Soo-in said as she walks approaching him. Lucas sighs.

"Just.. Stop.."

Just then, Soo-in's nanny come and hold Soo-in's hands. Soo-in surprised. She take a look at her.


"Ahjumma.."

"You know very well who send them here."


Flashback ends. Soo-in shuts her eyes eventhough she's performing now. She's trying hard to erase that bad memories from her mind.

Flashback. "Ahjumma.." Soo-in said as she cry. Soo-in's nanny just sighs.

"Young master." The two men in front of Lucas said as they bow towards him. Lucas take a look at them.


"What are you doing here?"

"We beg you. We won't harm you."


Flashback ends. Lucas doesn't take his eyes off from Soo-in, who does her pirouette perfectly. Everyone clap their hands towards her.

Soo-in open her eyes. Soon, tears falling from her eyes.

Flashback. Lucas walk approaching Soo-in. He hold her hands tightly.


"Lucas.."

"I will be alright. Don't worry."


Soo-in just quiet. Lucas gives her a reassuring smile as he kiss her forehead. Soo-in's nanny quietly sighs.

"Red Salvia." Lucas said as he turns his body. Soo-in still holding his hand tightly..

...but soon, he releases it.

"Lucas.." Soo-in said as she walks trying to approach him. But Lucas already walk with his father's secretary and aide. Three of them almost reach the car. Soo-in widen her eyes in shocked. She quickly run towards them.


"Lucas.. LUCAS!!"


Lucas turns his head. His heart feels really hurt to see the woman he loves run helplessly towards him like that. Tears falling down from his eyes. He is about to run towards her but his father's secretary and aide quickly grab him and put him inside the car.


"SOO-IN!!"


Flashback ends. Soo-in jumps as she does a tour en l'air (a turn in the air). Everyone pay attention towards her.

Ra-hee looks mesmerized. Her jaw dropped as she's looking at her mother's performance..

...without realizing her father is only several steps from her.

Flashback. "LUCAS!!" Soo-in shouted in tears as the car start moving, with Lucas inside there. Soo-in keep running following the car. She doesn't care at how people staring at her.

"YOU SAID YOU WANT TO LIVE WITH ME! YOU SAY YOU WANT TO SEE OUR KIDS GROW UP AS A GOOD PERSON!" Soo-in said as she hold her stomach. Soo-in cries loudly. Then, she falls to the ground.


"You said you want to show our kids how beautiful world is. You.. You said that.."


The car can't be seen anymore. Soo-in staring blankly to the road in front of her. The sunny sky getting darker as the grey cloud coming. Soon, droplets of water falls to the ground, disguised the tears on her face.

Flashback ends. Soo-in perfectly does her tour en l'air moves. The music stops and soon, everyone giving her a standing ovation..

...except for someone.

Soo-in just quiet. Tears falling from her eyes.

"Daebak.." The girl who's gossiping on her said as she's staring at Soo-in. She shakes her head.


"She's from Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo after all."


"They said.. Life moves like an Allégro move. It moves so fast. Too fast until you forget the reason why you're staying."
 


"Eomma!" Ra-hee said as she run towards Soo-in. Soo-in smiles. She quickly take Ra-hee into her embrace.

"You're so cool, eomma! When you spin your body in the air, it's so good! It's very cool! I want to be like you!" Ra-hee said excitedly. Soo-in laughs happily as she kiss her daughter's cheek.

"She can't stop clapping her hands." Soo-in's nanny said as she remember how Ra-hee keep clapping nonstop when Soo-in finish her performance. Soo-in chuckled.


"You can go first, ahjumma. I'll bring Ra-hee with me."
 


"You can go first." Lucas said as he take a look at Seulgi and Haechan. Haechan surprised.

"EEH?! But we need to go back to office because-

Seulgi suddenly step into Haechan's foot. Haechan groans in pain. Seulgi take a look at Lucas.

"Sure. We will go first. Take care, Director." Seulgi said as she bows politely to her boss. Haechan still in pain but Seulgi quickly drag him to go back to the office first. Lucas chuckled at how funny his secretary and his aide can be.
 


"What should we eat for lunch, eomma? I want sandwich." Ra-hee said as she holds Soo-in's hands. Soo-in turns her head.

"Sandwich? Sure. Let's eat Ra-hee's favorite egg sandwich!" Soo-in said happily. Ra-hee smiles widely. She take a look at Soo-in.


"I love you so much, Eomma!"


Soo-in smiles. Just then, she turns her head.


And soon, her smile disappear.


As she finally see him in front of her after 7 years.


Soo-in just quiet. Lucas slowly walk approaching her.



"They said life moves very fast like Allégro."

"They said love doesn't have any time limit."



Lucas stopped in front of them. Then, he bend his knees as he's smiling at Ra-hee. Ra-hee blinked her eyes. She hides behind Soo-in as she feels very shy.
 


"Hello, Ra-hee."
 


"I never know 7 years passed just like that."

"I never know this moment finally comes."
 


Soo-in just quiet. She can't say anything. Ra-hee take a look at Lucas.
 


"Who are you?"
 


Soo-in's heart beating faster. Lucas take a glance at her, as if asking if his daughter actually doesn't know who is her father?


Lucas smiles. He take a look at Ra-hee.
 


"I am..-

"Your father."
 


Lucas turns his head. Soo-in bit her lips. Then, she smiles as she take a look at Ra-hee.
 


"This is appa.. Ra-hee ya. The one you keep asking about. Say hello."



Ra-hee's jaw dropped as she hear Soo-in's words. Ra-hee excitedly bows politely to Lucas.
 


"Annyeonghaseyo, appa! I'm Ra-hee. Lee Ra-hee. I'm 5 years old now."



Lucas's eyes teary as he sees his daughter in front of him. It's real. It's really happening. Lucas trying hard to hold his tears, but he failed. He just crying there.

Soo-in just quiet. Tears also falling down from her eyes.

Just then, a tiny hand hugging Lucas's broad shoulder. Her tiny and warm hands wrapped around his neck.


"My teacher said everyone is crying because they're sad. And when someone sad, you should hug them so they would smile again." Ra-hee said innocently. Lucas smiles widely. He take a look at his daughter.
 


"Then.. That's why you hug appa, Ra-hee ya?"
 


Ra-hee nods. "Don't be sad, appa. Ra-hee is here. I will make you smile again."


Lucas laughs. Then, he hold Ra-hee on his arms. He take a look closely at her.
 


"Woah.. You're so pretty like your mother."
 


Soo-in just quiet. Lucas take a look at her.
 


"You didn't change.. At all."
 


Soo-in just smiles. "You.. Too."


"Let'a go eat egg sandwich! I'm hungry!" Ra-hee said as she take a look at Soo-in. Lucas chuckled. He take a look at her.


"Aigoo.. Our princess is hungry? Okay! Let's eat egg sandwich!" Lucas said excitedly. Ra-hee laughs happily. Soo-in smiles. Lucas take a look at her awkwardly. He clear his throat.
 


"Let's go. I have a lot to hear from you."



Soo-in thinned her lips. Then, she nods. Lucas smiles. The three of them walk together happily, finally, like a family. Like what it should be.


"Appa! Your phone is ringing!" Ra-hee said as she take a look at Lucas. Lucas takes out his phone. It's a call from his father. Lucas smiles. He turn off his phone and he put it on his pants pocket. Then, he take a look at Ra-hee.



"Let's eat!"
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone! Enjoy the story 🧡