Fin.

Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to the things that make you sad."
 

Dahyun turned around and found Sana standing just behind her. She was sitting on one of the benches in the park. She was waiting for the Japanese girl. Sana invited her to hang out, get coffee and just talk.
 

Dahyun stood up, tapping the imaginary dusts from her clothes. "What's with the wisdom quote, Shakespeare? Is that your way of distracting me that you're late?" And she raised her eyebrows playfully.

 

Sana giggled, hands placed on the pocket of her brown coat as she took a deep breathe. "You got me there" and she flashed a smile, cheeky, but the glimmer on her eyes was different.


 

Dahyun looked at the coffeeshop just across the road. "Come on, I've been craving for a hot chocolate. Your treat you said" and looked at Sana, who was already looking at her, or was she spacing out?
 

Her eyes were unreadable, but Dahyun shook the thought of it

------------------

Sana invited Dahyun to hang out.
 

Reasons? There's a lot.
 

Dahyun just broke up with her Girlfriend a week ago, and it was hard for Dahyun, until now, her sadness is visible in front of their friends. Putting a smile that couldn't even quite reach her eyes. Quiet. And just not so Dahyun.



 

Sana wanted to at least distract Dahyun from the thought of her. Maybe, just maybe she would forget about her for at least a day.



 

And guiltily, wanting to see Dahyun was her main reason,


 

And what was Sana's reason?



 

Sana averted her gaze from Dahyun who was busy drinking her hot chocolate, instead, she looked at the glass window, watching vehicles and people passing by the busy street.
 

"So how was your Mom?" Dahyun spoke, following Sana's gaze and watched outside the window.

 

The Japanese flashed a small smile. "Getting better day by day" and Dahyun nodded. Sana's mom was in the hospital for six months now, fighting her cancer. Sana's visits there every morning until afternoon, and her Father took the rest of the time. She needs a rest, that's what her Father always says despite of her protests.


 

"That's a good thing"

 

"It is" Sana added, nodding her head. Her grip on her cup of coffee tightened, because really, there's a lot to talk about, things to talk about, but somehow she couldn't even put a word, start a conversation with her.

 

But it was still enough. Dahyun's presence was enough. Seeing her smiling was enough. Enough for her to at least forget how her life is her drain for the past few months.




 

Then there was silence.




 

Dahyun sighed.



 

"Thank you for accompanying me, Sana-chan. I know you're busy but you still managed to invite me out" she spoke softly, genuine smile plastered on her face, and Sana couldn't hide the smile showing on her face either. "I just realized how we both needed this.."



 

"No biggie" Sana stated. Really, it's not a big deal, accompanying her was her choice. She wanted to forget the harsh world for at least a couple hours with Dahyun. She should be the one thanking her, because Dahyun has been her stress reliever, without putting efforts nor knowing it, Dahyun has beemn calming her heart and mind from the cruelty of reality. Just her presence. That's what she wanted.












 

Then Dahyun bit her lip, foot tapping on the ground, fingers fidgeting."I've never been good enough to have anyone to stay, so I'm glad you're here.."




 

"Hey" Sana instantly spoke, eyes worried. "Don't say that. You know you're more than what you think."



 

A faint smile showed on Dahyun's face as she averted her gaze away from Sana's eyes. "Then how could she leave me like that? So easily....like I was nothing to her"




 

A hand was placed on top of Dahyun's, squeezing it lightly for comfort, and Dahyun stared at their hands before meeting Sana's worried eyes. "It wasn't your fault nor you did something to make her leave you. It's just that, you're both on a hard situation and misunderstood each other. I am sure she also realized her fault. Both of you deserves to be happy. Don't let anyone make you forget that"






 

How did Sana do that? Saying those words without even being obvious that she was breaking? She doesn't know either, despite of being squeezed in the middle. Setting aside herself, she'd rather make Dahyun happy, she'd rather comfort and make her realize her worth. Neverminding her own.





 

She couldn't even Finger-Point either. She couldn't blame Dahyun nor the latter. There's no one to blame. She got the picture. She understood what's happening. She knows that what happened to them was just out of anger and frustration.
 

She knows,
 

She knows that they could still fix their relationship. She witnessed how they love each other. How they look at each other. And how they're proud to ket everyone know that they're each other's one and only.
 

She knows, because she was there when they happened...



 

"Thank you.." Dahyun flashed a genuine smile, eyes thankful despite of its tears that were threatening to fall down.






 

"Always welcome, Dahyunie. Always...."

 

------------

"What are you thinking about?" Sana asked, breaking Dahyun's concentration. They were walking on the street. Dim lights of posts were everywhere. It was already dark and so they decided to go home after hanging out. Dahyun pushed herself to walk Sana home despite of the latter's protest, and obviously, Sana lose the little argument they had.


 

"Nothing" Dahyun answered, eyes on the street, she was clearly overthinking. The obvious lie was followed by another deafening silence.



 

It was a cold night, but somehow, Sana felt warm, maybe at the thought of walking with Dahyun once again like before, she missed it, she missed her, and it's happening right now...





 

If only we could still walk longer than this. Like the old times. Late nights eating ice cream in that old 7/11 which has a grumpy casher that you always charm for free ice cream. With those long walks in the par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter