ONE

Acadia Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae groaned as his mental alarm went off to wake him up. Must be morning already, he thought.


A pair of arms hugged him from behind, strong arms roamed from his chest down to his abs and warm lips kissed the back of his neck.


“It’s only six, sleep a bit longer”.


Donghae, his boyfriend.


That’s right. He had a boyfriend now.


Hyukjae could not understand what the man saw in him to claim that he loved Hyukjae.


Dr Lee Donghae, Junior Surgeon at St. Mary Seoul Hospital. His family owned multiple medical and health related business. Donghae went to the best medical school in the US and vacationing all over Europe, before coming back home to Korea and worked at the prestigious hospital. He was handsome, y, and extremely wealthy, he could get any man or woman he wanted, and yet he chose Hyukjae.


Hyukjae was nobody. Growing up poor, he had to grow up fast and left home to be on his own. He knew he was gay since he was 17, which made him more awkward, not to mention the bullying he received since he was a teenager. Hyukjae worked several odd jobs since he left home at and finished his mandatory military service, before he worked in a café, where he met Donghae.


The man was a customer and they ended up exchanging numbers. Their first date was a disaster but Donghae kept calling and patiently asked for a second date, third date and now they lived together.


“You’re thinking too much”, Donghae mumbled behind him, his body spooning Hyukjae as his hands continued to caress Hyukjae’s front.


Hyukjae yawned, he turned around to face Donghae, “You have to get up soon”, he said.


Donghae only gave a lazy hmmpf before snuggling further into Hyukjae’s neck.


Three months after they started dating, the manager of the Café Hyukjae worked found out that Hyukjae was dating another man. Hyukjae had been working in the café for 2 years, but the manager sacked him under a weak company rule that workers are not supposed to date clients. Hyukjae suspected that the manager was homophobic, however he had no choice but to accept the decision.


Two months, it was all it took for Hyukjae to get an eviction letter from his landlord. Since he was jobless, he slowly lost all his savings. He tried hard finding a new job but his effort was fruitless. Donghae knew he was hanging on the last of his dignity by refusing Donghae’s help, but in the end Donghae made him give up.


“Why can’t you just live with me Hyuk?” Donghae asked one night, just two days before Hyukjae was evicted from his old apartment.


“You know why”, Hyukjae mumbled, “I can’t … I just can’t let you …”


“Can we just forget about your high moral values for a minute here?! You’re practically broke, I know you’ve been drinking a lot of water to save money for food! I know you only eat instant ramyun once a day! And you still won’t accept me sending you food deliveries!”


Hyukjae couldn’t say anything back, he knew he was pathetic, he was 27, years old, completely broke, jobless and the amount of money he had on his bank account was a laugh. Soon he would be homeless too.


“Let me take care of you”, Donghae took Hyukjae’s hands into his, “Please?”


Hyukjae allowed Donghae to hug him, and finally said, “Yes”.


That was two months a go. Hyukjae had been living together with Donghae since then.


“Donghae-ah”, Hyukjae kissed his boyfriend, “You have to get up, you said you have a surgery today”.


Donghae groaned and complained, but he got up, leaving Hyukjae stretching himself on the bed. It was getting colder now that Autumn was coming.


“I found two more apartments for lease, do you want to check on them today?” Donghae asked from the bathroom.


“You’re serious about moving, aren’t you?” Hyukjae found his blue sweater on the floor and put it on.


“You know this place is too small for us!” Donghae replied, “Where are we going to put our six children?” he could hear Hyukjae snorted from outside the bathroom.


Donghae decided to rent the place when he just got back from US. It was great in the beginning, the apartment had one bedroom and a small kitchen, perfect for him who lived off take away and delivery food. The living area fitted a loveseat sofa and TV with good sound system perfectly.


The space was enough for one person but with Hyukjae around, Donghae wanted his boyfriend to feel at home with him, this apartment was not the home he wanted to share with Hyukjae.


And not to mention that the nearest train station and bus stop were half an hour away.


Hyukjae hated it when Donghae sends a driver to take him to places. He was still searching for a job and insisted to go by himself stubbornly.


“This place is too small Hyuk, and we need somewhere closer to the train station, you said you’d teach me how to ride the train, didn’t you?” Donghae could be heard from their bedroom as Hyukjae went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.


Hyukjae smiled at that, Donghae remembered. He kept teasing Donghae being a rich snob who never used the public transport and insisted that one day he would teach Donghae his way around the city on public transport.


“I can still teach you how to use the public transport now”, Hyukjae replied.


“And walk five blocks away? No thanks!”


“Snob”.


When Donghae was out of the bathroom, he smelled coffee and breakfast. Hyukjae said that he couldn’t cook but living alone on tight budget made him the better cook than Donghae. Today he made simple fried rice with eggs which of course Donghae quickly ate.


“Here’s your coffee”, Hyukjae put a cup of black coffee on the island table, “Watch out it’s hot”.


Too late, Donghae already sipped the hot coffee and winced as the hot liquid burned his tongue.


“Hyukkie!” he complained.


“I’ve told you it’s hot!”


“Kiss it better Hyukkie!”


“I haven’t brushed my teeth …”


Donghae caught Hyukjae’s lips and kissed his boyfriend passionately before Hyukjae could protest. He could feel Hyukjae sighed and kissed him back.


“There, much better”, Donghae grinned.


Donghae’s phone rang just as he finished his coffee, he hated to leave Hyukjae but he had a surgery to do today.


“See you tonight babe”, Donghae gave a light smack on Hyukjae’s boxer clad before leaving the apartment.
**
“We are here, Hyukjae-ssi”, JaeWon, Donghae’s driver announced as they stopped in front of a low rise apartment building. Unlike the first apartment he checked earlier, the classic European building looked elegant standing in the middle of modern Seoul.


Acadia Maison. It said in Hangul and latin.


The real estate agent was waiting for him at the front door, she bowed at him and smiled professional

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter