one

How To Become Yours?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Staff Room - LP. Entertainment,  JUNE 19, 2020 12:45 P.M.

The door suddenly burst open that got the people inside of the room jumping. And a voice roared;

“ENGINEER SHON!!”

Just as Seungwan was about to take her first bite on her precious dumpling, it stopped midway because of someone.

“What? Why do you look like some zombies chased you?”

Panting, the staff answered, “Fuse 45 on the East Wing” Just that mere sentence, Seungwan knows it well. The Fuse 45 on the East wing needs an immediate attention.

 “Oh boy”, without a second, Seungwan drops her chopstick and is already on her feet, sprinting through the hallways and it is certainly just a normal day for them.

Everyday sprinting from hallways to hallways and floors to floors, fixing wires, is getting slightly electrecuted is what completes their day. Their job requires something, knowledge and skills. Being an electrical engineer is something that Seungwan didnt imagine to be when she was younger. With all honesty, she despises Math because for her it is so boring that she always feel sleepy and slept on it all throughout her Junior and Senior Year. But she passed it anyway and nobody knows how she did that.

Being an only child, her parents supported her in whatever she does. She has a really nice and well-off family given the fact that her father works as an electric technician abroad to fulfill her needs. When she was young, she was an aloof and timid child who always wants to play alone. She prefers guns and cars as toys more than dollhouse and stuff toys and her parents are okay with that. Being born and raised in the Philippines, it is normal to be with your cousins in your everyday life, so as time goes by, she established a strong bond with her cousins on her mother side. But let us not talk about the father side. 

So, how did she get in Korea?

She entered in a state university of her province and took up Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. When she was in college, she studied very hard, day and night to fulfill her goal - to be an Electric Engineer. Her five years on college, she stood out despite of having a hard time coping up with the lessons and environment and ended up taking a board exam and passed it in one take. She ranked number 5 in the whole region. Being a graduate on one of the top schools in the Philippines gives you more privilege to have the greatest job that has medium to high salary rate, but she's a graduate of a state university. And she does not believe that bull...

Seungwan still remembers how she got here.

Shon's Residence - May 25, 2017

It was a mid-summer in the Philippines, the scorching heat of the sun is slowly eating her up and she was bored. She was with her cousin, Dahyun, a teacher, and they are browsing internet for hours, not wanting to move even just a bit.

"Ate*, let's buy halo-halo, or ice cream before I die with this heat" , Wendy said while trying to fan herself.

Dahyun just laughed at her and said, "Okay, I'll go with Papa and take the tricycle, but see this first Wends", and gave her phone to Seungwan.

"Ohhh a job, and its in Korea. I think it's scam."

"Why do you think so? It's an opportunity! And also, it's an entertainment company, you'll get to see many artists and actors and actresses there, and life is good!", Dahyun replied.

"Who in their right mind will spend their money on an employee just for his/her hangul lessons??? Knowing that it's an entertainment company, they just want their name to be fragrant", Wendy responded.

"Well, if you matched the money they spent just for you to be able to speak their own language with your skills in resolving technical issues, I think it will all be worth it. BUT JUST SIGNED UP FOR THIS OKAY?? I AM SO DONE WITH YOU LYING AROUND IN THIS HOUSE LIKE A DEAD FISH. YOU ARE SO LONG UNEMPLOYED"

With Dahyun's scolding, Wendy just heaved a sigh and let her body swallowed by the couch. And with her little voice she said,

"Sometimes, being unemployed is a privilege"

 

Shon's Residence, July 20, 2017

She received a call not too long, and was instructed to fix her papers as soon as possible so she can fly to Korea in no time. And now, she's packing her bags, ready to have an 8 hour trip from province to city and get on the plane on time.

"I know you will be chosen" , and there is her loving, small Dahyun, smiling at her while leaning on her door frame.

"Well, I didn't.", Wendy replied with a laugh.

Dahyun went near her and gave her a hug 

"You take care there will you? You don't have to think about us here, I know you will always be worried but we are gonna be fine here. You are alone there so you have to look out for yourself. I know you well enough, you are selfless little girl but please for once, think a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter