one

Contract Boyfriend

Your eyes shot up to the sound of the ringing alarm. "Ah..." you rubbed your eyes and stretched out. You glanced to your window and squinted due to the brightness piercing through the blinds. You haven't turned off the alarm, and the annoying sound is giving you a headache in the morning. "Jeez." you frowned and took your phone from the nightstand. You were about to switch it off when your gaze shifted to the upper corner of the screen, showing the time 8.34 am. You blinked a few times before you gasped in horror. "8.34?????" your eyes widened. "!" 

You jumped out of bed and darted across the room towards the bathroom. You probably snoozed your alarm way too much because you remembered that you set it way before 8.30 since you knew you wouldn't be able to wake up with one alarm clock. " ." you muttered in panic as you squeezed the toothpaste on top of your toothbrush.

After being dumped by the man of your dreams half a year ago, you had a hard time getting your life back. You were a college student, trying to juggle between studying and working part-time at a thrift shop downtown. On the flip side, he was a successful 25-year-old man who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Now that you thought about it, you were so out of his league. Why the heck did you even think that you'll end up with him? It took you a while to figure things out, but you decided once you entered senior year of college, you'll try to dive into real estate. You heard a lot of good things about it, and people were making banks. So you thought, why not try it yourself?

It's your first day of real estate academy and your first class started at 9 am. It was already 8.49. You were officially running late. 

After you washed your face and brushed your teeth, you jogged to your closet and took out the blazer and pants that you prepared last night. You quickly put on a white t-shirt and changed into the outfit. 

You spun around and looked at yourself in the mirror, making sure that your blazer didn't have a crease. "Looks good looks good." You tied your hair into a high ponytail and brushed your side bangs. You then took your purse and dashed out of your bedroom. Your heart was thumping fast, and you were trying to maintain the stress. Thank God the place was just around the corner. Even then, you knew you still had to run as fast as you can to make it on time. You slipped into your white high heels as your hand grabbed a slice of bread on the table.

Right when you opened the front door, you were greeted by a stack of boxes. "What the-" you stopped in your tracks. You were sure you didn't order anything online, and even if you did, it wouldn't be this much. Your ears perked up to the sound of a man's grunt and footsteps. "I guess someone's moving in," you muttered. You glanced at your watch and bit your bottom lip in panic. "Excuse me," you called out. "I need to get through." You peeked around, catching a glimpse of a boy with dark hair.

"Oh," he exclaimed. "Sorry about that. Give me one second." 

You tapped your foot in nervousness as you watched your clock ticking. It's 10 minutes before the class started. You knew that you had to run like hell. 

The boy was doing his own business at his own pace, and it was stressing you out. "I'm sorry but I'm really running late. Could you please remove these now?"

The boy scoffed in annoyance. "Whoa, someone is extra impatient."

You raised your eyebrows in disbelief when you heard his tone. "Are you kidding me?" You only had 10 minutes to go to your first class, and your new neighbor was testing your patience. "This ain't it." you scoffed. "Well, you asked for it." You in a deep breath and squeezed yourself through the tiny gap between the boxes and the corridor hall.

He widened his eyes when he saw his stuff wiggling because of you. "Y-yah! Careful!" he quickly put his arm on it, trying to secure the boxes so that they didn't fall. 

When you successfully passed through, you ran towards the staircase as fast as you can. 

"Jesus christ." the boy shook his head in disbelief as he watched you from behind. 

+