end.

THE LAST FIVE YEARS [SEULRENE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YEAR 1

 

Joohyun surprised her girlfriend with two tickets of the art exhibit, teamlab: LIFE, that the latter has been ogling in the internet for the past days.

She knew the art freak would love it and would make her really happy.

And was glad that her simple surprise worked.

Her girlfriend roamed the place with sparkling eyes, admiring each side of the room.

But Joohyun had another card on her sleeve.

“Seulgi, will you share your life with me for the next 10 minutes?” she asked out of the blue.

Seulgi laughed loudly. “Only 10 minutes?”

“Yeah, for the next 10 minutes we could watch the waves”

“Joohyun. There’s no ocean here, silly”

” We could watch the sky”

“But we’re inside the museum, love”

“Or just sit and wait”

“uh huh? So, what happens after 10 minutes? Are you gonna leave?”

“No, I’m gonna ask you again for another 10! And 10 more after that. And another and another” Joohyun’s eyebrows waggled and showed her girlfriend a cheeky face.

Which again, made Seulgi laugh.

“Or you can just ask me to spend forever with you. You’re such a dork “

“yeah? Then how about YOU ask me, babe.”

The playful conversation made them both giggle.

“we’re bad at proposing huh?”

“we really are”

Joohyun found her lover’s eyes staring directly at her, with so much adoration.

She stared at them for a while before the girl leaned in closer to pull her in a hug.

It felt warm and protective and Joohyun only took few seconds to return the embrace.

She snuggled her face against Seulgi’s neck and sniffed the latter’s smell, her most favorite scent in the world.

 

“so, miss Bae Joohyun. Are you willing to change your last name to Kang?”

 

 

 

YEAR 2

 

“Joohyun, just- where are we going?”

Seulgi took hesitant steps as her wife -Joohyun- covered her eyes with the palm of her hands, making her not see anything at all.

“come on, no peeking. Two more steps”

The wife complied and moved her right foot forward, followed by the left.

“I swear to god if this is another surprise of yours, I-“

Before Seulgi could finish her sentence, Joohyun removed her hands and exclaimed “Surprise!!!”

“Joohyun. . “ Seulgi called her name as her eyes widened upon seeing the ‘home sweet home’ sign at the door.

In the short time they were married, there was not a single day that Joohyun didn’t let her wife felt unloved. She always makes sure that the girl receives the love she deserves.

She often do surprises and little things that made Seulgi fall in love for her even more.

“Joohyun, what’s this?” Seulgi knew what exactly they are standing in front of, but she wanted the words to be said directly by her other half.

“Well, I just thought that the place we’re staying was kinda small for the two of us. So, I got us a new apartment! Bigger and better. More space for you and me, Love.”

“Joohyun” Seulgi called her again

“what’s wrong, Seul? Did you not like it? We can look for another one if you want, there are a lot of units he—”

It was Joohyun’s turn to be interrupted by her wife.

“No, No. I love it, I really do. It’s just that. . .

I feel guilty because I couldn’t spoil you as you should be.

Joohyun, I can’t buy you a house of our own.

Damn it, I couldn’t even buy you an expensive wedding ring.

I’m sorry, you married a poor human being”

She cupped her wife’s face in her hands, lifting it up from looking down and made her meet her own gaze.

“Seulgi baby, those are only material things.

What you have given me was more valuable than money.

You accepted all my imperfections and stayed.

You endlessly take good care of me,

You have given me so much love, Seul.

And that’s enough for me.”

Their foreheads touched and the space between them closed as they seal their lips with a kiss.

Seulgi felt the time stopped when her lips met her wife’s.

She felt her heart beat faster as her knees got weaker.

The feeling cannot be put into words, it was like her soul started tasting, feeling, and seeing every color of the rainbow in a sensual way.

Joohyun have that effect on her, her kisses take away her worries and insecurities away.

Until all that’s left to feel, is love.

 

“Did I tell you I love you?”

“Every single day, baby. Every single day”

“Yeah?” Seulgi’s face showed a smug face that made Joohyun chuckle.

“Yeah. Now shut up and kiss me more”

 

 

 

YEAR 3

 

“Oh my god Seulgi!!” Joohyun squealed at their living room, in front of her laptop, while Seulgi prepares them dinner.

The latter hurriedly came over to where her wife was sitting, worried something bad happened to her.

“what is it? Are you okay?”

When she saw tears running down the woman’s face, she couldn’t help but to get even more worried.

“Joohyun why are you crying, love?” she asked as her caressed her cheek and wiped her tears.

“Is there something wrong?”

Joohyun shook her head ‘no’ before she wraps her arms around Seulgi’s sides, holding her tight.

“Then what, Joohyun you’re making me worried. Please tell me”

“Xx Publishing company emailed me; they liked the draft I sent. Seulgi, they’re going to publish my book!”

“Oh my god, Joohyun! That’s great news, baby! I knew you could make it! I’m so so so proud of you!”

 

 

*a month later*

“I don’t think I can continue anymore, what more do they need for me to ‘re-word’ to satisfy their soul” Joohyun groaned, flopping on the couch

She’s currently editing her work but she had been doing it for hours that her brain couldn’t function properly anymore.

And as for Seulgi who was on the other side of the room, sewing herself a dress for a musical audition, came to stop on what she was doing to comfort her wife.

“how about you rest for a bit? I don’t want you overworking yourself, love. Wanna listen to my story?” Seulgi always takes away her tiredness.

“But I still have so much to do. I don’t want to waste time, Seul” she protests

“it’ll only take a few minutes. Loosen up. Besides, you like it when I tell you stories. I swear you’ll love it”

Joohyun gave in, god knows she can never say no to her wife.

“So, in an old village away from Seoul, lived an old man named Schmeul.

Schmuel would work till half-past ten at his tailor shop in Daegu

Get up at dawn and start again with the hems and pins and twist.

He watched as people pass by his shop and realized there was one thing Schmeul missed.

‘if only I had time’ he thought to himself.

Then the clock upon the wall began to glow...”

Joohyun indeed likes it when Seulgi narrate stories, she uses her hands for action. Even use props to make it interesting and more fun.

Just like how she suddenly got up and grabbed an umbrella pointing it downwards while her left was raised upwards. Mimicking the hands of a clock.

And sang

“And the clock said:
"Na na na na, na na na
Oh Schmuel, you'll get to be happy!
Na na na na, na na na
I give you unlimited time! “

Joohyun’s exhaustion was forgotten and a happy laugh replaced her frown.

“A talking clock? Really, Seulgi? I’m so amused at you right now”

Seulgi remained in character and continued her little show.

“the surrounding glitched and suddenly Schmeul travelled back i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter