Final

She didn't have time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana held back tears as she stood in the doorway of her apartment, watching Mark pack up his car. Tzuyu wiggled in her arms, the babys' short chubby arms reaching out toward her father as he walked back up toward the door. Sana wasn't a crier, she preferred being happy and smiling over being sad and crying. As much as she wanted to though, she couldn't stop the tears welling up in her eyes.

 

"Bye Sana," he said softly grabbing the last duffle off the ground and throwing it over his shoulder, a sad look on his face. He didn't even let his eyes gaze at the six-month-old in Sana's arms as he walked back to his car and climbed inside. He threw the duffle in the backseat and without even glancing back he started the car and pulled away.

 

He did it all so casually, as if she was some casual fling he picked up somewhere. Not the mother of his child, the girl he dated since their second year of high school and planned to marry in a few months when she turned twenty-one.

 

Sana's eyes flickered down to her engagement ring and she felt the tears in her eyes threatening to fall. She couldn't believe that her mom and friends were right all along when they had told her that he wasn't the person she deserved. Of course, she didn't listen to them. She was too stubborn and that lead her to where she was now. Forced to finish college and raise a baby all by herself at twenty years old, but she knew she could do it.

 

She kissed her daughters head, where tuffs of hair stood up and took a deep breath, keeping the tears at bay. As much as she wanted to curl up in her bed and cry she couldn't. There were too many things stopping her. Her pride and stubbornness being two of the reasons. She never wants to bother others and ask for help. Crying in a ball in her room would be the biggest call for help in her eyes. The biggest reason though, was the small person she held in her arms.

 

"Come on Tzuyu," she whispered in the little ones' ear, putting a smile on her face. "Let's go eat breakfast." She kissed Tzuyu's head and walked back inside the apartment quietly, forcing herself not to look back at the spot on the space where his car had been.

 

Sana spent the rest of the day keeping herself busy which wasn't that hard to do with everything she had to get done. After feeding Tzuyu breakfast, she went out to run a few errands with her neighbor and close friend, Nayeon and her daughter Dahyun.

 

"Do you and Mark want to come over for dinner tonight? Jeongyeon is making that really yummy noodle dish again," Nayeon asked as they walked down the busy street.

 

"We can't," Sana said stiffly. Not meeting her friend gaze.

 

"Oh is he working?" Nayeon asked.

"Hell if I know, he didn't tell me what his plans were when he left this morning." Sana scoffed angrily, her tone surprising Nayeon.

 

"What do you mean left?" Nayeon stopped walking a put a hand on Sana's shoulder. The older girl easily saw the pain in her friend’s hazelnut eyes and things quickly clicked into place. "You don't mean..." Sana nodded silently. "Oh Sana." She whispered putting a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

 

"Come on, lets get the girls home before their naps," Sana interjected quickly. Nayeon bit her tongue and nodded silently, allowing Sana to lead them home.

 

~~0~~

 

"Tzuyu stop crying baby." Sana all but begged the child. Somehow, between the time she got Tzuyu up from her nap and now, she had managed to lose her daughters blanket. It was really a silly thing, a small pink baby blanket that her childhood friend Momo had gotten for her for her baby shower, but Tzuyu never slept without it. Which was why Sana was now running around the baby’s room, tearing everything apart trying to find it. With Tzuyu crying in her crib and Sana exhausted beyond belief, she was quickly getting to her wits end.

 

"Mark where is the blanket?" Sana yelled out desperately. "Ma-" Sana stopped suddenly when the realization hit her. Mark wasn't home and wouldn't be home ever again. He wouldn't be around to help her find Tzuyu's blanket anymore or rock her goodnight. Sana looked over at Tzuyu and stared at Tzuyus' onyx eyes. His eyes. She almost let the tears in her eyes fall, but she reminded herself that she had to find a blue blanket.

 

She didn't have time to cry.

 

After finally finding the blanket and putting her daughter to bed, Sana lay in bed thinking about what she was going to do. She had absolutely no clue what to do now that Mark was gone. He had been the one who only worked during the day so Sana could stay home with Tzuyu and go to class at night. Now, here she was at twenty years old and a single mother. Finally, after a while of thinking and crying, she fell asleep.

 

Morning came around soon after and Sana found that she really wanted to stay in bed but she knew she couldn't do that. back the tears and the sadness, she threw off the blanket and swung her legs over the side of the bed until her feet hit the floor. She couldn't spend all day crying in bed. She had a daughter that needed her and she most definitely did not waste her time crying over Mark.

 

~~0~~

 

"Are you sure you don't mind watching her?" Sana asked the couple for the fifth time that morning, reluctantly handing Tzuyu over. It has been a week since Mark left and Sana was finally getting back to school albeit reluctantly.

 

"Sana we don't mind at all, I'm home all day anyway and it will be nice for Dahyun and Tzuyu to spend more time together." Jeongyeon smiled, grabbing Tzuyu and balancing her on her hip. Nayeon walked over and grabbed the diaper bag from Sana, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

 

"It'll be fine. We already have one baby to care for. What's one more?" Nayeon smiled and Sana nodded albeit reluctantly.

 

Sana had met the young couple last year when she moved in next door. She and Nayeon quickly bonded over being pregnant, although Nayeon was a few weeks ahead of her, and Sana and Mark often found themselves having dinner with the married couple as time went on. Although Sana would never admit it, the two women had become some of her closest friends. When Nayeon told Jeongyeon about Mark leaving, the couple immediately offered to watch Tzuyu while Sana went to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter