Long road ahead

Opposite ends

SinB (The name indicates whos perspective it is)

 

Hwang Eunbi was walking on the side of the road while stretching her arms lethargically in the air and letting out a big sigh. The sun had been screaming all day making it almost impossible for people to live their daily life without being overwhelmed by the heat. Eunbi had finished her school and was heading to the place where dreams could be fulfilled or crushed, and Eunbi had the optimism that she could reach her goal. Ever since she was a little girl, her dream was to make it big and perform her skills as a dancer. She swears that the day her parents let her go to a dance studio, was the best day of her life. She loved it from the beginning all the way to where she is now. She had pleaded to her parents to let her audition for an entertainment corporation in which her mother wasn’t so delighted. She got her way in the end when her father said it was a lovely idea and also wanted her daughter to express her passion for the world. Her father was her biggest fan and would always support her and tell her to do good, unfortunately, she wasn’t able to receive that kind of support anymore. 

Eunbi got to the moderately big building and went through the automated doors that produced a short jingle letting the people inside know someone was entering. She greeted the man in the lobby and went straight to the practice room where she had spent almost 2 years of her youth being a trainee. 

As she entered the practice room, she was greeted with two familiar faces that she recognizes as sisters outside of her own family. One was by the mirror wall, cleaning it with a spray and fiber towel that gave out that horrible squeaking sound. The other was by the speakers when she spotted Eunbi by the threshold and was currently walking with heavy steps to the latter.  

“What the hell Hwang Eunbi! You left the practice room yesterday like there had been a bombing and then you expect me to clean it like always? Aish this kid I swear to god.” 

The tall girl in front of Eunbi, who currently ranting, was Kim Sojung. A trainee of 3 years and also the oldest out of the bunch. She was discovered by a manager from the label while she was shopping with her friends and got offered a trainee contract on the spot. While Sojung had the big sister role out of the group, Eunbi had found a liking to like a little sister. 

“Ah, Unnie. I was about to clean but I got kind of lazy, so I thought I would leave you a present since you like cleaning so much.” Eunbi expressed with a bratty tone of a little sister and dodged an incoming slap on the from Sojung by running to hide behind the other person in the room. 

The other person was Choi Yuna. Started as a trainee at the same time as Eunbi and was the second oldest after Sojung. The label had seen her in a school talent show and she got recommended to the agency. It took a while for her to actually become a trainee since her family had economic troubles and paying for the contract would be a struggle for the family. She decided to take things into her own matter by staying with her grandma who lives close to Seoul and taking loans to pay for her contract. Eunbi ran and hid behind Yuna to escape Soojung's furious hands. 

“Oh? Eunbi-ya I didn’t notice you coming in. I was just kind of thinking of how reading a book for hours is seen as more productive than being on your phone for hours even though you can do loads more on your phone than a book.” Yuna explained while looking up and putting a finger on her chin. 

Now if there was one thing that Eunbi knew about Yuna that stood out, is that she was shower thoughts personified. She didn’t mind it, and although she was fascinating, sometimes you just can't understand her and what going on in her mind. She is by no means dumb; she just had her own way of expressing things. 

Before their shenanigans got too violent. One of the workers of the label walked into the room and created a stern heaviness in the air in a matter of seconds. After glancing over the room and took some seconds to inspect each trainee, he finally announced. 

“Kim Sojung, Choi Yuna, Hwang Eunbi. The manager would like to speak to all of you in room C11.” The worker said in an emotionless manner and left just as fast as he entered.  

The three of them stood motionless as they tried to decipher what this announcement could mean. For one it could be the usual weight exam that they would do every now and then, or they could be in deep . 

“Yah Choi, Hwang. What did you do now?” Sojung said in annoyance.  

“What? I didn’t do anything Unnie! Maybe one of them spotted you eating that cheese kimbap under the piano yesterday or maybe they saw Yuna snoozing in the vocal room.” Eunbi replied to the accusation.  

“That was actually a well-deserved nap! I had been practicing my vocals all day and my voice told me it was nap time.” Yuna tried to contradict and scoffed with arms crossed. 

“Well, whatever it is we should get going, it sounded serious. But if we are in trouble, I’m blaming both of you! You guys always do something stupid and of course, we all get a scolding. Sojung said matter-of-factly. 

“Yeah yeah, whatever let’s just go Unnies.” 

 

*** 

The walk to the room seemed longer than usual and Eunbi could feel some kind of weight on her shoulders. Even though she liked to ridicule the staff and joke around, she didn’t want to be in trouble. When the group of three was outside the door, they could hear some laughs and banter from the inside. This made the weight on Eunbi’s shoulders lighten because of the comfortable energy from inside. As Sojung opened the door, they were greeted by three other girls as well as the head manager. The girl who sat closest to the manager was a tall girl with brown long hair and bangs and couldn’t seem to stop smiling, making her eyes disappear into two upturned lines. The girl next to her had short dark hair that barely touched her shoulders. Her expression seemed kind of serious but there was a hint of a smile just to show politeness. The girl at the end of the table was a girl with black hair and the eyes of a lost puppy. She was lost in her own thoughts by looking all over the place without a destination. Eunbi had seen these girls before but not that often to make acquaintances. They would usually ignore each other if they pass by and just assumed that they were another trainee group. 

“Ah Sojung, Yuna, Eunbi! Have a seat. We are going to discuss some future plans with you all.” the head manager said with a bright smile looking content. 

Eunbi and her group used to have a group meeting once in a while but what confused her was that another trainee group was present as well. 

“So now that we are all here, I would like to congratulate you all because you are all going to debut!” The manager dropped on the conversation like a bomb that exploded. 

All of them looked flabbergasted and at a loss for words. Especially Eunbi, who had trained her off and sacrificed so much only to debut. She would finally be on stage and show the nation her talents. Eunbi felt in bliss and could finally show all of the people that didn’t believe in her that she finally made it. But before she could relish this moment the manager spoke up. 

“Yes, you all might wonder why we have two trainee groups here. That is because the label has decided to debut two groups at the same time and make K-pop's first sister groups. That means that you will act as a group but have different concepts and songs. That is why we expect you to support each other. We are also going to move you to a bigger dorm where you guys can start to get to know each other.” 

Now, this was something Eunbi wasn’t ready for. She had always imagined Sojung, Yuna, and herself to debut as one. That had been so engraved in her mind that having three other girls felt weird. That meant that she had to try harder to stand out, she had three more competitors. This made Eunbi feel annoyed at the very least. Her group had worked so hard to debut and just to see three other girls just waltzing into the group felt even more of a pain. They don’t know how much pain and suffering Eunbi and her group had to go through and she knew that they had been trainees for a longer time. 

“Now with the group details.” The manager announced that made Eunbi refocus on her superior. 

“Hwang Eunbi, Yuna and Sojung. You guys are going to be in a group called World Peace.” Eunbi had to just giggle a bit at the name but also felt that it sounded lame, but there was nothing she could do so she would do the best of the name and go with it. 

 “We are also going to change your names to make them more memorable. Hwang Eunbi, your stage name is going to be SinB because of your mysterious facial expression and you are the main dancer and lead vocal. Yuna, your stage name is Yuju and you are going to be the main vocal and lead rapper. Lastly, we have Sojung. Your new name is Sowon and you are the leader and main rapper of the group. Congratulations girls.” 

Eunbi thought for herself about her new name and role. She thought it was a silly name but she had to agree that it matched her face a bit. Eunbi also aimed her eyes at her group and could see Yuna being like a happy kid who just got a big stuffed teddy bear and Sojung being glad but worried about her leader role. Eunbi also had to remind herself to start calling them by their stage name just to get used to it. The manager then turned his attention to the other group and started to announce their group. 

“Yerin, Jung Eunbi, and Yewon. Congratulations, you are the new members of the group Hug Hug.” 

Now, this was a time Eunbi had to control her laughter to not straight up laugh at the other trainees. So, she bit her tongue and tried to only smile politely. She also suddenly felt so much better about her own group's name. The manager shifted his eyes to the girl next to him. 

“Now Yerin, since we already like your name, we are not going to change it. Also, by being the oldest of your trainee group, you are going to have the leader role together with the role of the main dancer and lead vocal.” Yerin gave the manager a quick nod of affirmation and the manager moved to the short-haired girl. 

“Jung Eunbi, your new stage name is Eunha. You are going to be the main vocal and lead rapper. And last, but not least Yewon. Your name is Umji and you are going to be the main rapper and lead dancer.” The manager gave a quick nod to the other group and now began to tell small details about the groups and concepts where Eunbi just kind of zoned off, thinking she would pester Sojung to tell her later. 

After the long and seemingly boring meeting had ended, Eunbi sat up from her seat and had a quick stretch before Sojung leaned closer to Yuna and Eunbi. 

“SinB, Yuju. We better go and greet our sister group and make a good impression. Since we are going to work with each other, we better all get along.” Sojung whispered and pushed them closer to the other group. 

They all stood right by the door and waited for the other group to finish talking to the manager. And when they saw Eunha going out of the room, Sojung reached her arm out for a handshake. 

“Hi, I’m Kim Soju-” But before she could finish. Eunha quickly swept by not even giving a glace to Sojung and started to leave the corridor with the same serious face as before. Right after, Umji came along and saw Sojung’s intentions. Umji reached for Sojung’s hand and held it with two hands and gave a quick bow. She went down the line and rushed off probably to run after Eunha. Lastly, Yerin came up to the group, and vigorously shook Sojung’s hand, and started blabbering about her members and herself. 

Eunbi could help but to notice Yerin’s constant smile and cheerful voice. Eunbi thought that this girl probably never experienced something hard or sad ever in her life. Eunbi didn’t like Yerin’s disgustingly delighted demeanor and got quickly tired of it thinking it was all a fake act. While hearing Yerin still blabbering to Sojung Eunbi started to think to herself. 

“Well, I guess I have a long road ahead.” 

 

 

----------------------- 

Hi yall! Hope you like the first chapter. I tried my best to make the characters interesting so I'm sorry if some seem rude at the beginning *cough* Eunha *cough*. But don’t worry it will get better. :DDD