Fin

Permanence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a fine sunny day in Busan and the place looks livelier than it was usually. Cars honking can be heard everywhere and chatters are louder than before. It was because today is Im Nayeon's 6th meet and greet taking place in Busan. That alone should be enough reason why people are going crazy about it. They should be for Im Nayeon is not just some actress, she's a phenomenon! Not only she acts great but is also a very down to earth person and that is what k-netizens loved about her. 

 

 

 

 

However, only one person is acting differently in that city. As the city was feasting for Im Nayeon's arrival, she on the other hand is sulking. She never really wanted to be here. That Im Nayeon girl is just a reminder of pain for her and she was never really interested in other girls besides S—

 

 

 

Her phone rang.

 

 

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

 

"I don't need a detective to know how much you look like right now. Heck I bet you're just sitting there in some bench not making other people sit by putting your things beside ya." 

 

 

 

She looked at the space beside her and wondered just how accurate her sister is. Well, they're sisters for a reason.

 

 

 

 

 

"Chae, I'm fine if that's what you're worried about." She softly said, stretching her lower limbs out. 

 

 

 

 

"No Dahyun, you're not. I can tell, this is by far your worst breakup. Sana wasted 4 years of your life dude! I totally understand it if you're not but just please don't pretend that you are." Dahyun felt like the air got stuck in as she heard her name. Her knees became jellies and it reminded her of how much she's weak for the japanese girl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chae please don't mention her name." Dahyun managed to say preceding a depressing sigh. 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung can be heard inhaling sharply, "Fine. I'm sorry but please know we love you Dubs." 

 

 

 

 

Now that, Dahyun can't help but muster a weak smile. Chaeyoung and Mina has always been there for her even before her breakup with Sana. Dahyun is extremely grateful for that. 

 

 

 

It's been 1 year since that night in the restaurant where Dahyun was supposed to book for the two of them. It's supposed to be a happy night. God knows how Dahyun is excited to bend a knee, to tie the knot, to settle with her but turns out the feelings aren't mutual...not anymore. 

 

 

 

 

That scene she saw that night was tattooed in her head to the point that she started having nightmares of everyone leaving her. 

 

 

 

 

Her father who she never saw, her mother who died when she was still 14, her aunt that took her in who also turned her over for foster care, her pet turtle whom she had to let go into the sea. Dahyun's first girlfriend Irene who left her for Seulgi, she understands that and is happy for them and their 5 yr old kid. Next is Jennie who left her to pursue her career of being a model, still Dahyun is okay with that as she understands how important dreams are next there's Jieun, got pressured into having a family, something Dahyun couldn't give then there's Park Jihyo, Dahyun's first love who also left her for Kang Daniel, Dahyun's boss at that time nevertheless, she's happy that Jihyo finally got her happy ending even if it's not with her. 

 

 

 

With all these experiences, Dahyun, although those were just temporary smiles, learned to accept that she's only a checkpoint everyone needs to go through before reaching their finish lines and with that she also learned to be thankful for just having an ephemeral place in their lives. 

 

 

 

 

Lastly, there's her best friend, Sana who's been with her since the Son family took her in. Sana knew everything about her, happiness and heartaches that's why Dahyun, although she let her freely go, is having a hard time understanding why she needed to do it in the first place. Questions like where did it go wrong? Was Dahyun not enough? Was the so called spark not there anymore? What does Dahyun need to have in order for her to have a permanent position in someone's life? 

 

 

 

 

"Hello? Hello Dubs? Are you there?" 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun was brought back to her sense when Chaeyoung's voice reached her. 

 

 

 

 

"U-uh yeah I'm here." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun heard a short sigh from the other line, "Well, try to enjoy the meet and greet Dubs. We did not encourage you to go there only to mope. Have fun! Do whatever you like. Make the most out of your 1 week break." Chaeyoung adviced. 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun knows Chaeyoung is right, as always. Part of the reason why she agreed to this is because she wanted to forget Sana for a moment while the big reason is that she doesn't want to be a burden to Mina and Chaeyoung anymore. The newly wed couple should be having their honey moon but instead they chose to stay with Dahyun nd accompany her through her sadness. This trip is her way of detaching herself from the Son Family (Chaeyoung and Mina) for them not to worry about her. 

 

 

 

 

"Will do, Chae." 

 

 

 

 

As much as Dahyun hates to go out and join the crowd, she needs to. Every moving on needs to start somewhere right? Then Dahyun decides to begin that process here in Busan. 

 

 

 

 

 

~ • ~ •

 

"Please please please? I'm really really craving for a cola right now." 

 

 

 

The driver seemed hesitant in giving in, truthfully he didn't have the authority to do so. All he has to do is drive the girl to the venue but ever since she rode the car, she's been begging for a can of cola. 

 

 

 

 

"Maam—"

 

 

 

"You can just call me Nayeon!" She chirped, showing off her bunny teeth. 

 

 

 

"Maam..." 

 

 

 

Nayeon pouted.

 

 

 

"...I can't just drop you anywhere. People will recognize you and I don't think I'm enough to protect you." 

 

 

 

 

"I can wear my disguise. Come on, it's not like my fans are here anyway, they're probably busy lining up for the meet and greet." Nayeon reasoned out and that got the driver thinking. He knew Nayeon just made a point. 

 

 

 

 

"But still Busan is so crowded—"

 

 

 

"Right there! Pull over! That convenience store looks deserted though I bet they can still offer a can of cola." Nayeon suddenly yelled pointing out a not-so big convenience store. 

 

 

 

The driver had no choice but to pull-up and give in at her request. 

 

 

 

"Yaaay~ thank you!" Nayeon said as she put on her glasses, scarf and hat. 

 

 

 

 

"Just hurry up Maam, I don't want to lose my job." He said and showed a small smile through the rear mirror indicating that he means no offense to her. 

 

 

 

"Don't worry. I'll be the one to fire them if that'll happen." Nayeon also smiled back in return before going out the car.

 

 

 

NAYEON's POV

 

Binggo! I know I shouldn't be glad that a store is empty but this would make my task easier. Since I can't see any head peeking out from the shelves, I decided to take off my hat and sunglasses. 

 

 

 

 

 

Waaaa~ I feel like I can finally breathe now. Ever since I left the hotel room, I've been covered with all sorts of things and I tell you, it's not fun pretending to be a freaking ninja. 

 

 

 

 

 

Now, let's go and find me some cola. 

 

 

 

 

 

Too bad the hotel didn't have any, I've been craving since last night and all they can offer me is tea. No, literal tea. 

 

 

 

 

Cola... cola..

 

 

 

 

Wait, this...this chips! I've been looking for it everywhere! I hope Mr. Choi won't mind 3 minutes late. 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll get this, this one and ooh~ a spicy one eh? I'll try you too! 

 

 

 

 

 

I kept on grabbing the same brand of chips with different flavors that I didn't noticed my hands are getting full. 

 

 

 

 

 

"No way, there's a seafood flavor for this? I'm getti—eek!" 

 

 

 

 

 

I was so stupid to think no one is actually buying here! And I didn't have any disguises on! Crap! Should I ru—

 

 

 

Holy mother of pink. 

 

 

 

 

No ing way. 

 

 

 

 

How can a person look so attractive with just a grey sweater and ripped jeans?! 

 

 

 

 

F. F. F.

 

 

I'm panicking. I'm gay panicking. 

 

 

 

 

It was only in a split second that I get to capture her gaze on my own when she immediately bent down and grabbed my fallen chips on the floor.  

 

 

 

 

"I'm so sorry about that. Here, you can have this grocery basket. I'm not buying that many anyways." 

 

 

 

 

If there's only a logical way to explain the mess going on in my head right now. It's like having I'm having a mental keyboard smash. 

 

 

 

 

AKSNXJDDKWKSJKZKASMKSKWN

 

 

 

 

Her freaking voice! Her skin is so pale and her eyes are just so mesmerizing! I'm so going to call Momo later. 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you, can I bear your child in return?" 

 

 

 

 

Stupid self! I could've done better than that. Like, hey I hate my surname, can I have yours instead? Or hey can I have your autograph on this marriage certificate? 

 

 

 

 

 

Wait autograph! 

 

 

 

 

 

"Pardon?" 

 

 

 

 

"I mean I could've bear it a little longer but thanks to you, life is easier." 

 

 

 

 

Seriously what the heck am I blabbing. 

 

 

 

 

"I see. Excuse me." 

 

 

 

 

She doesn't know me?!

 

 

 

I'm having mix feelings about this. Should I be glad or fret? 

 

 

 

 

DAHYUN's POV 

 

 

 

Life is easier. 

 

 

 

How do I make life easier? All the things I have right now needs hard work to maintain but how do I skip to the part where I get to be happy... permanently happy? 

 

 

 

 

I took out the tickets to the meet and greet and just stared at it. I'm suppose to go here with her but I guess some things are needed to be done alone. 

 

 

 

Sighs. 

 

 

 

I was lining to pay for my goods when the person in front of me, who I didn't noticed looking at me till now, suddenly gasped. 

 

 

 

"Oh my god! You have tickets!" 

 

 

 

 

It's the girl from earlier. The one I bumped into.

 

 

 

 

I looked at her and the tickets I have in my hand. She must be a fan too. I can't blame her for reacting like that, it's kind of hard to get these too. God knows how many string I pulled just to get this. 

 

 

 

 

I glanced at her eyes and saw how it twinkled. Must be nice having something to excited about.

 

 

 

 

Oh well, I don't need two of these so might as well give it to her. 

 

 

 

"Here."

 

 

 

She was surprised, clearly since her eyes just widened, "Seriously?!" 

 

 

 

I nodded, "I don't need two. You can have it." 

 

 

 

 

"H-Here's your change Maam." The cashier looked like he had seen some ghost or something. 

 

 

 

I took the change and turned back to that girl, "Also you better hurry up. The line is long and I doubt Ms. Im's going to wait for that." 

 

 

 

"But—"

 

 

 

"It's fine. Consider it a gift from an Eeyore stranger. I'll take my leave now, take care." I monotonously said. 

 

 

 

 

I hope she wouldn't mistook me as someone rude just because of how I talk. I'm just not in the mood to socialize these days. 

 

 

 

 

Well then time to line. 

 

 

 

~ • 

 

 

I was seated at the far back of the venue. Cameras are everywhere and the flashes should be illegal. How can Im Nayeon and the rest of the celebrities endure this kind of trippiness? 

 

 

 

The crowd was wild especially when Im Nayeon came out of the back stage and greeted us. Her voice sounded familiar but maybe that's just because all actor/actress voices are beginning to sound similar to me.

 

 

 

"Now let us start our official meet and greet everyone!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone around me scrambled as they prepare to be called. I didn't gave the slightest interest at it. I just sat there and listened to Ms. Im Nayeon's voice. 

 

 

 

 

I bet she sings too. It's that richness in her voice that makes me conclude she can sing too. They both have a somehow high pitch voice for singing. 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana and Nayeon.

 

 

 

 

 

"Arghhh." I ran a hand through my scalps out of frustration.

 

 

 

What the heck are you thinking Dahyun?! You're supposed to move on from her, not remember her to literally everything you can compare her to. Christ, this is not getting easy. 

 

 

 

"217!" 

 

 

 

217? Wait, that's me. 

 

 

 

 

Oh I guess it's my turn now. Can I just skip? But that'd be so disrespectful so might as well go there and chat. 

 

 

 

 

I sat on the chair not even bothering to look at her. Have I been this sad? I wish I'm not obvious enough. 

 

 

 

 

"Hi, we meet again." 

 

 

 

 

Meet again? 

 

 

 

 

As I look up from the ground, Im Nayeon was leaning in too closely as if she wanted me to really pay attention to her. 

 

 

 

Is this how she gets loyal fans?

 

 

 

 

But wait she's..

 

 

 

 

"You're that girl." 

 

 

 

Then she smiled, two protruding tooth showing off their cuteness. Come to think of it, I've never really looked at her closely back at the convenience store. 

 

 

 

Her eyes though......

 

 

 

It's captivating.

 

 

 

 

"You're Im Nayeon?!" 

 

 

 

Thank God I'm physically and mentally weak, I wasn't able to muster the strength to really shout that loud. 

 

 

 

"Yep." She answered, popping the p, "Though thanks to you, I was able to get this ticket. Locked Im Nayeon up and threw her in a well." She whispered the last sentence and I don't know whether or not it's true. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm kidding! You looked tense. Loosen up a little." 

 

 

 

 

Oh. Am I really that person now? Chaeyoung said I used to be witty and cheerful. Damn it where was that Dahyun then? 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm just bummed out." 

 

 

 

 

Partly true though. 

 

 

 

 

What she did next surprised me. 

 

 

 

 

She subtly slid her hand on top of mine and turned it over, resting her two fingers on my wrist. 

 

 

 

 

But that wasn't what caught my attention, it's the way her gaze comforts mine. 

 

 

 

 

"You know my mother told me you don't need words to tell what someone is feeling. Your eyes can tell and I can see how sad you are..."

 

 

 

Then I felt a slight press on my wrist.

 

 

 

 

"...such heavy heart beats.."

 

 

 

Then her eyes flickered down to my c-chest. Why is she looking at that part?

 

 

 

".. you're hurt." 

 

 

 

Oh. She's referring to my heart. She's precise, I've got to give it to her. I guess I really am that transparent.

 

 

 

 

"She's supposed to be with me right now but I had to let her go. I saw how happy she is with that guy, I didn't have much any choice. Sometimes fighting for it isn't the answer." I told her. 

 

 

 

 

Though I really wanted to but then again, it has become a curse and that curse hit me hard this time. It took not only the one I love but also my best friend.

 

 

 

 

"Oh. I'm sorry. You don't deserve that. No one does." 

 

 

 

 

I tried her advice earlier and saw how sincere and genuine her eyes look. She's right. If I should've known about this sooner and just maybe I tried deciphering what Sana's eyes are telling then maybe I didn't have to push her to an edge, cheating. I could've save ourselves. Our friendship.

 

 

 

 

Despite what happened this day I managed to pull a weak lopsided smile, "I didn't know I came to meet and greet with a fortune teller." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then she laughed. She laughed so loudly that it almost filled the whole room full of chatter and camera shutters. 

 

 

 

 

Somehow that laugh made my day a little brighter. I can only widen my smile a bit as I look at her. I didn't knew her that much but I know she had a habit of laughing like this: head slightly bent back, left eye half closed and then her almost gummy smile and bunny teeth. It was contagious. 

 

 

 

 

"I didn't fathom you're a funny one." 

 

 

 

 

 

Funny? I look like a vegetable right now and she tells me I am funny? Just how?

 

 

 

 

 

"As much as I love chatting with you, my fairy godmothers told me I'm limited to 5 minutes." She stated glancing at her manager and staff. 

 

 

 

 

And so she grabbed her pen and pulled my hand towards her. 

 

 

 

 

"You did not bring anything for me to sign on, I'm starting to think you're not really here to meet me." She giggled and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

 

 

 

 

I was doing this for Chae and Mina yet here she is, being kind with my mess. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry Ms. I—"

 

 

 

"Nayeon. Just call me Nayeon." 

 

 

 

Ms. Im has been so kind to me throughout this 5 minutes with her. Now I understand why she's so immensely popular. Her boyfriend or husband must be so lucky to have her. 

 

 

 

 

"Nayeon." I repeated

 

 

 

 

She then started scribbling on my palm but I couldn't see what she was writing. 

 

 

 

 

"And you are?" 

 

 

 

 

Oh how can I be so impolite lately? Stupid Dahyun.

 

 

 

 

"Dahyun. Kim Dahyun." 

 

 

 

 

Finished, I looked at my palm and saw her sign on it. 

 

 

 

 

 

"What a coincidence! Soon I'm also going to be a Kim! I hope so! I really wanted to have pale-skinned babies." 

 

 

 

 

Oh so she's still on that phase. Well good for her. It's kind of scary having to hold a popular icon's info like this but I'm glad to have earned her trust in just a small amount of time. 

 

 

 

 

A small bell dinged indicating that my time with her is up and I could've sworn I saw her frown before I stood up and took a bow. 

 

 

 

I feel guilty. I feel like I was just wasting her time and to think she made my day a little better. Sigh.

 

 

 

 

"I'm really sorry for ruining your meet and greet Ms.—" 

 

 

 

He narrowed her gaze at me and somehow, instead of getting frightened that an actress did that, I found it cute. 

 

 

 

 

"—Nayeon-ssi—"

 

 

 

 

No one can blame me. It's awkward calling her as if we've been friends since forever.

 

 

 

"But believe me when I say you just made my day a little better than before." 

 

 

 

Then suddenly her visage changed and now she looked very serious....a-almost hot and y for my liking. 

 

 

 

"We'll meet again." 

 

 

 

That was the end of our conversation as the staff guided me off the stage. Peculiar, her tone didn't sound hopeful....more like sure. She's confident we'll meet again. 

 

 

 

 

NAYEON'S POV

 

 

"And when she said I made her day I wanted to kiss her right then and there, she was so cute!" I can't help but squeal again as I shook the person beside me.

 

 

 

"Be careful ! You're going to stain this shirt!" 

 

 

 

I rolled my eyes at her, "Come on Mo! You know I'm way prettier than that shirt of yours." 

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe you turned down your ex's proposal only to be smitten over some gloomy cloud." Momo said. 

 

 

 

 

Momo and I are strolling by the shore in an exclusive resort my team picked out for me. For the past 4 months I've been to 6 different cities and I deserved this rest. 

 

 

 

 

"I wanted to be a Kim." I plainly said and sipped my fruit shake. 

 

 

 

 

 

Momo looked at me with that confused meme-like face of hers, "What kind of glue are you hitting on? Seokjin's also a Kim!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh. He was? I didn't know. 

 

 

 

 

 

"But I wanted to be Dahyun's Kim! Aaah~ Momo poor you, it's clear you haven't experienced love at first sight yet." 

 

 

 

 

Take that Hirai. I won't take any anti-Dahyun on my side.

 

 

 

 

 

"Besides! That dude is a g, he blatantly professed his love for Brad Pitt in front of me during an interview. It was hilarious." I added.

 

 

 

 

I can still remember that time when we were both asked who our celebrity crushes are, we're supposed to answer each other's name following the script but that old hag didn't hesitate to call out Brad Pitt's name and because of that, I also took the liberty to answer Suzy-sunbaenim's name. 

 

 

 

 

"Wait you mean to tell me your relationship was a stage? All along?!" 

 

 

 

I can't believe she's my best friend. I thought she knows how gay I am.

 

 

 

 

"Yep. Happens all the time."

 

 

 

 

Jin and I met each other on a movie, he and I were the main and since then the media wanted more of us but we're more like besties, we literally understand each other. When I found out Jin is falling for his bodyguard, Namjoon I took the initiative to discuss with him my plan which is the fake proposal although we did got into a little argument on who's going to do the proposal but I ain't backing off. 

 

 

 

"Woah, that's harsh!" 

 

 

 

 

Instead of answering I flipped my hair and put on my beach hat but then I noticed a cute crab approximately 1.5 meters away, facing me. I held my chin up high and adjusted my glasses.

 

 

 

"Stay there creature! For you are in the presence of greatness itself." 

 

 

 

 

I heard Momo coughing beside me but I didn't have the freedom to look at her when the crab moved. Knowing Momo, she'll probably throw me back to the sea and that's why I did what every flirty-blood would do: jump unto a complete stranger. 

 

 

 

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

 

 The tofu was peacefully walking on the shore when she heard a yell making her avert her gaze towards a familiar figure.

 

 

 

"Woah, be careful...Ms." 

 

 

 

 

Oh a guy, Nayeon thought as she was not able to hide her disappointment which soon vanished when she met Dahyun's gaze. 

 

 

 

 

"Dahyun-ah!" 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon didn't even thanked the guy as she immediately jumped out of his graps taking a mental note to thoroughly scrub her body later once she takes a bath. 

 

 

 

 

"Ms—Nayeon-ssi...oof." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun wasn't able to shield herself when Nayeon threw herself unto Dahyun.

 

 

 

 

"Nayeon!" Momo immediately ran after her friend and untangled her arms around Dahyun's neck.

 

 

 

 

"I'm so so sorry for my friend she kind of forgot to take her medica—"

 

 

 

 

"Momo! This is Dahyun! Didn't you heard earlier? Stupid peach." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun was more than puzzled as to why a famous japanese model and an Im Nayeon is talking to her. 

 

 

 

 

"Oh!" Momo's face brightened, mouth forming an o.

 

 

 

 

"Uhh hello?" 

 

 

 

 

"I told you we'd meet again!" Nayeon cheerfully said. "Looks like fate is on my side." She subtly whispered to Momo.

 

 

 

 

"Hi, I'm Hirai Momo. Nayeon's best friend." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun moved her iced drink to her left hand and wiped the other on her shorts before shaking Momo's hand. 

 

 

 

 

"I know you. My sister-in-law is a huge fan of your work." Dahyun said referring to how Mina buys every magazine Momo's in. 

 

 

 

 

Momo can't help but blush at that, "Give your sister-in-law my regards." 

 

 

 

 

Momo met Nayeon's what-the-hell-are-you-doing-look and the raccoon just shrugged.

 

 

 

"Actually, can I have your autograph here on my shirt? I'm sorry I didn't have any paper with me. Only a pen." 

 

 

 

Dahyun thinks Mina would be delighted to have her idol's autograph and it's the least she can do. Dahyun can already imagine Chaeyoung's jelly face when she knows about it.

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's eyes widened, looking at Momo but the peach decided to tease the bunny a little more as she stepped forward and took the pen in Dahyun's hand, "Gladly!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Momo signed Dahyun's baby blue beach polo even intentionally caressing the tofu's arm as she wrote on the side of her polo. 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon has already rose a brow when Momo turned to her and her best friend can't help but chuckle. 

 

 

 

 

"It's nice knowing you Dahyun but I have to go. I still have to apologize to that gentleman in behalf of this witch." Momo said.

 

 

 

 

"Yah!" 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you for this Ms. Hirai." Dahyun said, bowing at the blonde. 

 

 

 

 

"Just call me Momo or maybe mi—"

 

 

 

 

"All right time's up for the introduction part. That guy kept on staring at me, Momo plelase take care of it." Nayeon interjects and hooked her arm on Dahyun's which shocked the latter.

 

 

 

 

Actually Nayeon didn't gave the two a chance to bid their good byes once again when the actress dragged Dahyun to a nearby bar counter. 

 

 

 

 

"How come Momo gets to autograph you while I don't?" Nayeon starts, pouting st the younger one. 

 

 

 

 

"I got your autograph on my palm though." Dahyun innocently replied.

 

 

 

"Still! That got washed away plus the fact that you asked for her autograph and I had to give mine." And Nayeon pouts even more.

 

 

 

Dahyun didn't understand why but she find it very cute of her so in the end she scratched her temple and took out the pen again. 

 

 

 

 

"Goof Afternoon Ms. Im! I'm a fan of yours, I love how you can slay every persona you pull off. Can I have your autograph here on my shirt? I don't have any paper with me." Dahyun naturally said, offering Nayeon her pen. 

 

 

 

 

"Can't I just sign on your lips using my own instead?" Nayeon blurts out.

 

 

 

 

 

"My wha—?"

 

 

 

 

"You know what? Hold that." Nayeon then turned to the bartender and asked for a marker. 

 

 

 

 

"This is more like it." Nayeon stood up and walked towards Dahyun, positioning herself in between Dahyun's legs before grabbing the tofu's collar and gently pulled it towards her. 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon saw Dahyun's confused face and the amount of strength she had to muster for her not to kiss that puzzled visage right now is incredible. 

 

 

 

 

 

Then slowly Nayeon signed on both of Dahyun's collar. One with a phrase Im Nayeon with a subtle 's and one with her official signature. After she's done with it, Nayeon ed a knob and opened it wider.

 

 

 

"The audience wants it." Nayeon said and winked.

 

 

 

 

Dahyun didn't seem to mind it though as she just stared at Nayeon's signature. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You have two signatures?"

 

 

 

 

"Nope, I just made that other one up to have a reason for writing on it." Nayeon confidently replied. 

 

 

 

 

Funny how the barista noticed Nayeon has the hots for Dahyun while the eagle didn't have any clue Nayeon is flirting with her. The actress is a very straightforward person. 

 

 

 

 

 

She knows what she wants and now she wanted to know the tofu more. 

 

 

 

 

~ • ~ 

 

 

"5 days?! Seriously? I never would've thought a celebrity like you could....go on 5 days without shower." Dahyun carefully said not wanting to offend the actress.

 

 

 

 

"Hehe." Nayeon grinned, "For the record, I'm still pretty." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun chugged a glass and shrugged, "Of course you are." 

 

 

 

 

And Nayeon's smile grew wider after that. 

 

 

 

The two are in Nayeon's veranda, the weather condition was not really that great to start a swim anyways that's why Nayeon, after 3 days of bugging Dahyun in this resort, finally brought the tofu in her room...just not the type of way she knows. 

 

 

 

 

Now the two are on the floor, playing Questions and You with a list that Nayeon got from the internet. 

 

 

 

 

"Okay, okay stop flattering me, you'll regret it. Let's proceed to the next question." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun nodded and looked down on her phone, "What's the one thing you wish you could unsee?"

 

 

 

 

 

"Hmmm maybe that one time when mother superior, a director from one of our movies we call her mother superior, sent Johnny someone from the Lighting Team, a postcard of hers in a bikini and she's way older than my grandmother." Nayeon stated.

 

 

 

 

Dahyun chortled, "What the hell? For real? Why did she sent Johnny a postcard of hers in the first place?"

 

 

 

 

 

"That's the mystery we wouldn't want to know." 

 

 

 

 

The two looked at each other, Dahyun's eyes brightening as if she got it then they laughed. 

 

 

 

"My turn! Hmmm let me see...ah! Speaking of Bikinis, who in this room do you most want to see in a bikini?" 

 

 

 

 

Immediately after Nayeon said that she placed her hands under her face and posed cutely while Dahyun roamed her eyes. 

 

 

 

 

There's only two of them here. 

 

 

 

 

But Dahyun had other plans, "I'd love to see that tumblr on a bikini. I bet it'd look cute." 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's reaction is priceless. 

 

 

 

 

"Tumblr? Dahyun, seriously tumblr? You replaced me with a good for nothing plain stupid tumblr?! You know what? I'm tired of you always choosing inanimate objects over me! Let's break up!" Nayeon suddenly acts out.

 

 

 

 

And Dahyun can't help but be amazed, "Woah unnie that's really great!" She said, clapping. 

 

 

 

 

Then Nayeon flipped her hair and blew and a flying kiss as she pretends to wave around, "I know right." 

 

 

 

 

"You're the only other person here unnie but I've already seen you wearing one in your movies." Dahyun said and raised the glass at her before drinking it down. 

 

 

 

 

There is that again, that unknown 4-7 seconds stares Nayeon is throwing at Dahyun ever since they met. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Your wish is my command." The actress took off her shirt without warning and threw it back to the room revealing her slender upper parts. 

 

 

 

 

 

Instead of getting flustered Dahyun got confused.

 

 

 

 

"Unnie is it that hot? The weather is actually bad and you might catch a cold." 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon can't believe Dahyun didn't even got flustered at her glorious waist and full chest. If it's any other, they would've gone to the bedroom by now but then again, Dahyun is not that kind of person and that actually made Nayeon's heart beat a little faster. 

 

 

 

 

The older just rolled her eyes, "There's a big difference in watching me through the screen and watching me personally." 

 

 

 

 

 

Unbeknownst to Nayeon, Dahyun's (although Dahyun is oblivious about it) hands are sweating despite the cool weather. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah, yeah I guess so. You also model unnie, right?" 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon poured herself a glass before leaning back, "Mhmm on my vacant times." 

 

 

 

 

"Woah. You really are an all rounder. No wonder you're so popular." 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon flipped her hair once again and sips her drink. 

 

 

 

 

"Okay how about this question unnie.." 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon smiled, knowing Dahyun is getting comfortable with her. It did take her 3 days to loosen her up, constantly reassuring her. 

 

 

 

 

 

"...If you could be a member of the opposite dex for a day, what's the first thing you'd do?" 

 

 

 

 

 

"A man? Simple, I'll offer my self to the mountains and cleanse my sin." 

 

 

 

 

Again, Dahyun chuckled at Nayeon's quirky response. 

 

 

 

"Okay how about this..if you could date an animal, what kind of animal would it be?" 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun thought hard for it. It surely can't be dogs, is turtle a good choice? Eh but no it's too slow for her liking. How about a cat? Nah, it easily gets jealous. 

 

 

 

 

"A bunny!" Dahyun confidently said.

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's eyebrow rose at that, "A bunny? Why a bunny?" She asked, trying hard not to smile too widely.

 

 

 

 

"Because they are cute and I think I'd love taking care of them." 

 

 

 

 

"Interesting. Why don't you date a real one then?" The older said, clearly referring to her self.

 

 

 

 

"Unnie... it'd be weird dating a real one." 

 

 

 

 

Oh. Nayeon almost forgot how Dahyun's brain works. 

 

 

 

 

"All right it's time to get a little bit more personal. I saw these set of questions and if you're not comfortable answering it, just say Pass. It's applicable to the both of us." 

 

 

 

Nayeon laid out her phone in the middle and started their game. 

 

 

 

Single or Taken?

 

 

 

The two instantly looked at each other, clearly wasn't ready for that first one. 

 

 

 

 

"Single~" 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun was shocked at that, "You're single? But I thought you're already taken?" 

 

 

 

 

 

"Well I might be in the near future, if only someone near would take interest in someone like me." Nayeon answered.

 

 

 

 

"Oh, I'm for sure they will. You're actually a fun person to be with. Despite the fact that you're Im Nayeon, I think anyone would be lucky to have you in their lives." The way Dahyun said it was so natural that Nayeon can't stop her blood from rushing up to her cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

"Are you?" 

 

 

 

 

"Me? Of course. My sister said I should go out here in Busan to have fun and I think you came in the right time. As a matter of fact, I'm so honored to have spent my vacation break with you." Dahyun honestly said. 

 

 

 

That question was supposed to answer if Dahyun is single or not but Nayeon got a better answer instead. 

 

 

 

The older covered her face with her hands, "Wait! Are you always like this? Fluttering people and such?" 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun creased her brows and shook her head, "No, not really but I thought you're used to compliments unnie, considering your line of work." 

 

 

 

 

That. That is true. Nayeon was indeed immune to it or so she think she is. Dahyun was the first ever since to make her fluster like this and it's alarming. 

 

 

 

The rest of the game consists of new information, laughs and more laughs. 

 

 

 

Girl Bestfriends? 

 

 

 

"Hirai Momo." 

 

 

 

"Chou Tzuyu." 

 

 

 

Height?

 

 

 

"Next." Both of them said and laughed

 

 

 

Sports? 

 

 

 

"Volleyball."

 

 

 

"Soccer. Oh you don't look like the type to catch a ball unnie." 

 

 

 

"Shut up you don't look like someone who'd kick a ball either."

 

 

 

First kiss?

 

 

 

 

"Ugh it was on screen with Jackson." 

 

 

 

"I think it was Kim Jennie for me." 

 

 

 

"Je-Jennie? Kim Jennie? That american based model?" 

 

 

 

"Yeah?"

 

 

 

"No way! We're close friends! What a lucky ." 

 

 

 

Who do you tell everything to?

 

 

 

 

"Momo obviously."

 

 

 

"My sister, Chaeyoung."

 

 

 

Pineapples on Pizza or Nah?

 

 

 

 

"Pineapples on Pizza."

 

 

 

 

"Nah."

 

 

 

"Okay I would really like to engage in a war with you right now but first I'd like to get to know you more so be grateful."

 

 

 

Dahyun snickered.

 

 

 

Think you're pretty? 

 

 

 

 

"Yes! Of course, absolutely. 200%." 

 

 

 

 

"I knew that'd be your answer." 

 

 

 

Want Kids? 

 

 

 

"Yes!" 

 

 

 

"I love kids but I don't think I like to conceive one."

 

 

 

 

"Don't worry I'll be the one to carry it for you." 

 

 

 

 

"Unnie that's so weird." 

 

 

 

Again, despite Nayeon's flirtatious wink, Dahyun didn't got the message and easily misinterpreted it again.

 

 

 

 

Person you've been through the most with?

 

 

 

Dahyun was taken a back with the question. Normally it'd be her sister but there was someone who she have been with through a lot of ups and downs. 

 

 

 

 

"Sana. Minatozaki Sana." 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon recognized that name. It was on Dahyun's wallet. A polaroid with her and Dahyun's name on it. It didn't take a genius to know that, that was the girl Dahyun is supposed to bring with to the meet and greet.

 

 

 

 

"Cheers." Nayeon said and raised a glass.

 

 

 

Dahyun did too and chugged it down in one shot. 

 

 

 

Then Nayeon sighed, "Dahyun when will you ever stop pretending that's an alcohol? I told you it's milk." 

 

 

~ • ~ • 

 

 

"No."

 

 

 

"But why not? You only have 5 days left here and I only have 2. Let's at least enjoy the fun this resort can offer." 

 

 

 

"We can still have wild fun in my room though."  

 

 

 

Keyword: try. 

 

 

 

Nayeon tried but she very well knows it won't take an effect on Dahyun. 

 

 

 

 

"What are you talking about? It's just an inflatable island."

 

 

 

 

"In the middle of the sea!" Nayeon retaliates.

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun turned to the guide, "Yeah we'll go, also can I add one vest? Another friend will be joining us today." 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon gasped, "How could you! I can't believe you would even dare cheat in front of me." 

 

 

 

Dahyun received the vest and bowed to the guis before turning to Nayeon. 

 

 

 

 

"Let's fix you up." 

 

 

 

 

But Nayeon crossed her arms as Dahyun was about to put Nayeon's vest on her. 

 

 

 

 

"No! Dahyun when I said I want you to my self, I meant it." 

 

 

 

 

"Where do you keep getting such silly ideas? She's your—"

 

 

 

"Konnichiwa es!"

 

 

 

The two looked behind them only to see Momo all dressed up and ready for the mini sea adventures. 

 

 

 

 

"I was booking this up when I saw Momo-unnie in the lobby and she's your best friend isn't she? I figured you'll be more comfortable with her around." Dahyun explained. 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon wanted to be mad but that's impossible considering how Dahyun is being thoughtful of things especially regarding her. 

 

 

 

 

 

So in the end Nayeon huffed and agreed but as Momo was about to grab Dahyun's arm, Nayeon pushed her best friend slightly and placed Dahyun's arm around her exposed shoulders. 

 

 

 

 

"Mo, I think the boat guy is lonely." 

 

 

 

 

Momo can only laugh at her best friend's antics. Cupid hit her hard. 

 

 

 

 

The trio arrived at the inflatable island. Dahyun and Momo immediately ran around not getting scared of falling while Nayeon hasn't moved an inch. 

 

 

 

"Dahyun-ah! Babe! Don't leave me!" 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun abruptly turned around causing her to fall off the inflatable. 

 

 

 

 

"Sftay...thmver!" 

 

 

 

 

The tofu climbed back up the inflatable and Nayeon immediately latched unto her.

 

 

 

 

"Why the hell is this thing slippery!" 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun can't help but chuckle, "Of course it is!" 

 

 

 

 

 

"The resort is so far away! What if there's a big shatk underneath this?! Or or a huge wave is coming and we won't even know!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun laughed harder at that. It's been so long since she had some real fun and it was nice to spend it with Nayeon and Momo. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Just hold on to me. We will conquer this obstacles I swear." Dahyun said, reassuring her.

 

 

 

 

 

"The only obstacles I want you to conquer with me is the hurdles in our relationship!" Nayeon confidently said. 

 

 

 

 

"Our wha—woah!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon yelled again as she almost slipped because of Dahyun who tripped and almost lost her balance. 

 

 

 

 

"Be careful Dahyun-ah! Don't leave me! I don't want you slipping away towards another person." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun craned her neck and looked behind her, "But there's no one here."

 

 

 

 

 

Despite Nayeon's yells, the older did enjoyed the mini-adventure most especially because Dahyun was there the whole time. Actually Nayeon would label this as a great date only if Momo wasn't around to put a space in between. 

 

 

 

 

Oh how Nayeon loved drowning someone. 

 

 

 

 

The actress didn't failed to deliver motives and constantly flirt with Dahyun and Dahyun only but as always, the latter is extremely dense about it. Shutting off Nayeon's antics so naturally. 

 

 

 

 

Just like when they are crossing a tunnel. 

 

 

 

Dahyun has already crawled out but when she noticed that Nayeon didn't followed her, she checked the tunnel once again and there she is, posing ily in front of the tofu, exposing her what so called cleavage.

 

 

 

 

"Why are you posing like that?" 

 

 

 

 

"Can't you tell? I'm flirting with you~"

 

 

 

 

"......"

 

 

 

" ;) "

 

 

 

"You're stuck aren't you."

 

 

 

"......yeah please help." 

 

 

 

And so Dahyun did. 

 

 

 

Nayeon started off bad but Dahyun can see how Nayeon enjoyed herself and the pale skinned girl thought Nayeon deserved to have fun especially since her work is somewhat draining and stressful. 

 

 

 

 

"Jump already!" 

 

 

 

They're now at the finish line of the obstacles and one needed to jump 5 feet high to succeed. Frankly, Dahyun had a hard time looking down but a kid accidentally pushed her and so here she is but the problem was: Nayeon. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't want to!"

 

 

 

 

Nayeon was just being a kid and Dahyun had no problems about it. 

 

 

 

 

"Okay fine, if you'll jump....if you'll jump then I'll extend until you finished your stay here!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun wasn't even finished talking yet and Nayeon has already jumped preceding a high pitched yell and following a huge splash. 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun immediately swam towards her. The two looked at each other and bursts out laughing....with Nayeon's legs entangled on Dahyun's along with her arms on the tofu's neck. 

 

 

~ • ~ • 

 

 

"A month?!" 

 

 

 

"Yeah, I'm...." Dahyun craned her neck to look at the crying beautiful mess on her hotel bed and sighed, "..I'm just going to support a friend Chae. She's going through something and I don't know, it doesn't feel right, you know? Leaving her." 

 

 

 

 

An amused chuckled can be heard from the other line, "First you asked for a 2 day extension and now you're basically taking a leave? And a she! Woah-ho-ho! Is she that important that a letter of support isn't enough?"

 

 

 

 

 

"Stupid. It's not like that. You know I'm more of an action person. But I could never, she's someone with that of high image and I don't think I can give her justice." 

 

 

 

 

"Oooh, angst. I'm down for it!" 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun clicked her tongue, "Just tell Jeongyeon-unnie (her current boss) I'll be taking up that real vacation deal she offered me." 

 

 

 

 

"No problemo! I doubt unnie would fire you. You're the best Marketing Strategist here in Seoul!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun rolled her eyes adoringly before the two bid their good byes. 

 

 

 

 

The tofu walked back to the bed and carefully sat on it, "Unnie?" 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon slowly looked up and hugged her. Dahyun didn't know how to comfort an actress and so she just awkwardly pats her back. A celebrity's life wasn't easy at all. The facade they had to put on was no joke either. Imagine having to smile in front of those bastards who do nothing but find the smallest bit of mistake to hate on. Now that's being professional and Dahyun can't imagine herself pretending for that long. 

 

 

 

 

What happened was, an article concerning Nayeon's attitude was published and it gained a war spark causing the twitter community to lag down. It was about a fellow actress, Kwon Eunbi whom Nayeon shared a tea with. There were pictures shown that Nayeon was laughing while Eunbi's lap was covered with pasta which fell because of an accident but the photo looked like Nayeon intentionally did it. It was truly misleading. 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon looked like a koala sitting on Dahyun's lap, clinging unto her. Soft sobs can still be heard when a phone rang. It surely wasn't Dahyun's because the tofu is holding her phone. So it must be Nayeon's. 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun gently pulled the older back to look at her face. Yep she was a crying mess and Dahyun used her sleeves to wipe it off.

 

 

 

 

"J-just go get it. I-I don't want to talk right now." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun nods and extends her arm to grab Nayeon's hand bag. Upon opening it, she saw three phones in which she conclude was Nayeon's business phone, celebrity phone and personal phone as what she've said before. The one ringing was in the middle and when Dahyun looked at the caller's ID it said, 'Kwon Eunbi'

 

 

 

 

"It's Kwon Eunbi. Don't you want to take it?" 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon shook her head and placed her forehead on Dahyun's shoulders, hiding. The tofu had no choice but to answer it, she got Nayeon's approval anyways. 

 

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

 

 

"Nayeon-ssi—Oh. Hello, who's this?" 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun's mind suddenly went blank. That's right. Who the hell is Dahyun anyways? Or who the heck is Dahyun to Nayeon at least? What would she say? 

 

 

 

 

'Hello I'm Nayeon's friend whom she met a month ago in her meet and greet.'

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh...uhmm." Dahyun eyes roamed around the rolm, as if trying to find the answer on it until she settled with, "... I'm her..her professional friend."

 

 

 

 

 

Professional friend?! Stupid Kim! Dahyun thought.l and mentally scolds herself for being an idiot. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nayeon-un—Nayeon's listening. She just.. can't talk right now. I hope you understand." The last part was so genuine and Dahyun's tone was so endearing that Eunbi instantly placed her trust on the tofu. 

 

 

 

 

"I see, well I just want to let her know I'm sorry if she got the shorter end of this. I'm already fixing things up and I made an official statement regarding of what really happened to be released later. I just hope she won't spend too much time in the internet." 

 

 

 

 

Too late for that, Dahyun thought. The tofu tilted her head as she trapped the phone between her ear and shoulder to scroll through her phone and read the comments on Naver since her other arm is busy rubbing Nayeon's back. 

 

 

 

 

"The negative ones are being overpowered by the positive comments. That is a good thing however can we do something about the articles? I think it's what causing the misund

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter