1st story: about that morning, that gaze

Life After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

about that morning, that gaze

A small smile lingered on her lips as Eunji watched her reflection before her eyes. Standing in front of a body length mirror at the corner of her room, Eunji was on her knee length nightgown, eyes locked on her baby bump which had been quite visible. Both her hands rested comfortably atop of it as her gaze travelled down to her belly.

She was sending a small greeting to her boy when something caught her attention. Small, yet undeniably hard to ignore. It’s been almost a full month since she had been wearing that certain diamond around her ring finger. Eunji didn’t notice when she first saw it, she’s surrounded by strange emotion at that time, but the moment she paid fully attention to it, she learned that this certain someone might have put his effort to get to know her better. It had a rather simple design yet nothing could hide its noticeable beauty. The diamond was crafted so finely as if it was found perfectly in that shape. Her smile lingered, thin and enough to tell her feeling. She loved it.

Her other hand naturally touched it, feeling its perfect shape.

Sighing quietly, she sat down on the edge of her bed, her eyes locked on the opened door showing her the wide living room of their house. She’s been alone today since morning. The only person living with her had left for work since early in the morning and he only said he would return late. It’s been like this for almost a week and something felt strange.

Grabbing a cardigan from her wardrobe, Eunji walked out her room as she wore it and headed to the kitchen. She looked up to the clock on their smart refrigerator door and it’s pretty late already, 23.13, it’s shown. Sighing again, she opened the fridge to get cold water and brought it with her to the living room.

Strange, she tried to think that she’s home, but this house, this building still felt foreign to her. She hadn’t gotten used to its huge size. Especially when she’s just by herself, it felt too empty that she wished to return to her small apartment. Locking eyes to the television screen, she put her cold water on the table without drinking it and leaned her back to the couch instead.

Something was certainly strange. Yet she wasn’t sure what it was.

Again, her gaze travelled down to her finger, to catch the diamond again. Something inside her chest tightened, getting a bit painful. It’s weirdly painful.

“What is wrong with me?” she whispered tiredly. Her arm lifted and rested atop her eyes, bringing darkness to her vision.

He’s avoiding me.

There was no way she wasn’t thinking that, considering it’s been a week, a strange full week. That thought had been lingering inside her mind and it started to disturb her. She thought everything had been working well since they returned to Seoul, especially since that day when he first brought her to this house, since he asked her to let her love her. Was it just empty words?

Despite how simple and private their wedding, Eunji never once regretted that day. It was truly beautiful and full of meaning for her. Not only she’s surrounded by her family’s blessing and present, her members too stayed next to her. It was the first time she met them again after leaving the team months ago. Without her knowing, her partner had met her members. He explained everything, no one told her the details, but Eunji could imagine how hard it was for both sides. They probably needed time to forgive her and him. Yet, they still welcomed her with open arms and wide smile, as if what she did to them was completely nothing.

They both had been living in the house since then, the plan to stay here before the wedding wasn’t approved by both families. Being a good daughter she’s always been, Eunji followed her mothers’ wish and stayed with his family until the wedding day. And on the day they moved in, Eunji still vividly remembered the feeling. Weird, strange, yet she didn’t dislike it. Her mother-in-law visited four-three times a week, and they became even closer real quick. Not only that, her members too visited her often. As if she never hurt them, they were genuinely happy for her. Even yesterday, Bomi had stayed since morning and only left before evening.

Eunji was really happy with this. The scary scenarios inside her head during her hiding weren’t there anymore. Yes, they received backlash at first when they released the news, but she’s rather stronger than she thought she was. Her family, her members, and the people she loved were supporting her, and there were also a lot of her fans who supported her decision. Despite the shocking news, there were still people who defended her and respect her choice, and somehow, it’s beyond enough for her.

And him. Yes. Of course all of this new strength would only happen because there was him next to her.

Yet, something felt strange. He had been weird. Something was weird. And it started to frustrate her. She couldn’t even bring herself to ask him.

Suddenly, he fell into a weird routine, leaving as soon as she woke up, and only returned home when she’s asleep. She could still remember how he left in rush this morning, kissing her forehead so quick before telling her that he would return very late. They didn’t even have meal together these days, and it’s sad, she admitted.

She wished she knew what was happening, at least she wished he told her what was it that had kept him this busy. Zero, she knew nothing, no clue at all. When her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter