one.

Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Areum.”

Lee Areum whips her head around, trying to see who called her.

“Areum, you’re so beautiful.” Another voice echoed.

She looks around again, frantically looking for that voice. 

“Don’t listen to what they say. Know your worth.” 

She whips her head to the direction of the voice and started running. 

“Areum, I love you.”

She kept running to that voice. That voice sounded so familiar and it gave her a sense of relief. Someone out there loves her.

“Areum.”

She stopped in her tracks and looked at the person in front of her. He was a tall man, his skin white as snow. He was wearing a white down and black slacks. He looked so angelic, so innocent. She glances up to his face and was just blinded on how bright the light was.

“Don’t leave.”

As he takes one step, she’d just squint more and try to see who is this man. Why does he sound so familiar.

He was in front of her, she still couldn’t see who it is. He cupped her cheeks and brought it closer. She glanced down and saw his lips. Her eyes traveled up to see his nose and then the little mole on the bottom of his eyes. She looks at him in the eyes and let out a small gasp.

“Yugyeom?”

She woke up with a start, her phone blaring in the background. Her heart was about to jump out of her chest. She looks around and felt disappointment wash over her body. It was all a dream.

She swings her legs on the side of the bed and pushing herself up. She walks toward the full length mirror on the side of her bed. She takes a look at her muscular body and steps to the side. She sees all the tiny imperfections in her body and lets out a small whimper.

“Of course it was a dream, Areum. Yugyeom wouldn’t even look at you! Why would he like you?”

She looks around the room. Her room was adorned with medals and trophies from her weightlifting career. Photographs of her and accomplishments through the years hang on her wall. On the her bedside table, a picture of her and her father, who is a weightlifting coach, proudly propped up. 

In the eyes of her peers, she was a normal girl but in the eyes of everyone else, she’s a loser.

***

His phone chimes to wake him up. He glances at it and turns it off. He lies awake on his bed and lets out a big sigh.

Everything is the same in Kim Yugyeom’s life. 

He would get up, get ready for school and meet up with his friends to get to his class.

He walks past his school mates and they would swoon at the sight of him. Girls would try to catch his attention and try to get any reaction from him. Guys would try to befriend him and just make the girls know that they know him. He was the most sought out guy in this school.

Teachers would put him on a pedestal and compare him to every student. He wouldn’t have to do anything and the teachers would give everything to him. 

He’d leave school and go to his dance club, where he feels

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter