i'm ready to forget you

i'm okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon sat all alone in her apartment, staring at the wall in front of her, her coffee left cold on the table. She scrunched her face in concentration, thinking too hard about something as she kept her tears at bay. When did Nayeon started slipping away? When did Nayeon let go of her hand in the first place? When did loneliness took Nayeon's spot beside her? When did she became so detached? Where did they go wrong? When did the path started getting blurry for Nayeon?

She wondered what happened. She wondered where it’s going. Where her relationship was going. Cause she doesn’t know.

She wondered where it started going down. She wondered where it went wrong.

She doesn’t know anymore.
 


Jeongyeon continued talking about her day as she moved around the room, putting her things in their proper place with Nayeon sitting inside the kitchen, glued to her phone. Her job for today was a bit hectic with most of the people going around looking for necessities needed for the pandemic and the upcoming quarantine and with the sudden surprise of people inside the convenience store, Jeongyeon was a bit worried earlier that she wouldn’t be able to reach Nayeon's favorite restaurant in time. Good thing the owner knew her and stayed open for another extra hour just for his favorite customers. Jeongyeon hung her coat on the coat rack, putting her bag on the couch as she rounded the furniture to finally rest her dying feet. She turned and peeped her head from the couch to look at Nayeon, seeing her girlfriend still staring at her phone, a faint ghost of a smile adorning her face.

Seeing Nayeon smiling pushed Jeongyeon's tiredness away, making her stand up and trudge towards the older girl.

Once she was beside the bunny, Jeongyeon cupped Nayeon's fluffy cheeks and gently turned her towards her, a loving smile on her face. Nayeon looks up from her phone and raised her eyebrows as if asking Jeongyeon what was up. Though a bit discouraged, Jeongyeon only passed it off as Nayeon being tired as well. She leaned in and pressed her lips on Nayeon's forehead, closing her eyes as she savored this sweet moment between them. She was waiting for Nayeon to put her arms around her waist and hug her, something she had always been doing ever since they became a couple. Nayeon always loved hugging the younger girl, her excuse being her wanting to be always near Jeongyeon.

“Have you heard what I told you?” Jeongyeon asked the older as she leaned away from the kiss. Nayeon gazed up to her guiltily and shook her head. Jeongyeon ignored the pang in her heart and covered it with a bright smile, ruffling Nayeon's hair in the same rhythm with her aching heart. “It’s okay. You’re probably tired from work like me, huh? Come here.”

Nayeon could only nod as she kept shut, not able to say the reason why she wasn’t even paying attention to her girlfriend. She watched as Jeongyeon left her side, and Nayeon frowned when she couldn’t feel the irritation she feels before whenever Jeongyeon leaves her side. Jeongyeon left Nayeon's side and leaned over the couch, grabbing Nayeon's food that she bought from their favorite restaurant, an excited look on her face. She turned around in a jump and waved Nayeon's ice cream, catching Nayeon's attention. “I bought your favorite ice cream!”

Nayeon flitted her eyes towards the food in hand, and then went back on her phone. “Thanks Jeong. I’ll eat it later.”

The pain in Jeongyeon's heart started growing more at that point, and it was sad that the girl didn’t know that it wouldn’t leave starting from there.
 


Silence filled the once lively apartment as Jeongyeon kept herself seated on the couch, watching the running TV as it played some random K-Drama that she doesn’t know. Nayeon was inside their room, probably on her phone again and Jeongyeon really wanted to go and be with her but she couldn’t. Not with this kind of thoughts running in her mind.

She shook her head as she tried to pry away her attention from the growing itch in her heart, and followed her mind that yelled for her to go in her room and be with Nayeon.

The room was also quiet when she stepped inside, and she sees Nayeon lying on the bed, hiding under the bed, the light from her phone peeking through the blankets. She wordlessly went and lied on the bed as well.

For a while, it stayed like that. Just them lying beside each other yet treating like the other didn’t exist.

Jeongyeon felt like everything changed.

Even them.

“Nayeonie.” Jeongyeon desperately wanted to talk about what happened about last week, she wanted to tell the older girl that her reaction bothered her – scared her even. But she’s scared it might ignite a fight.

Jeongyeon didn’t want fights. It reminded her of her parents. 

Nayeon turned around and faced her, not letting go of her phone. She raised her eyebrows again, and it irritated Jeongyeon when she was reminded of the same face from last week but she froze when she remembered another circumstance where Nayeon made the exact same face.

And it scared her less.

It reminded her of the times when Nayeon was still not into her. 

Back when Nayeon was not interested in her.

When…Nayeon wasn’t in love with her.

She turned away and blinked her eyes in a rapid pace, trying to blink away the upcoming tears.

When she was composed enough, she turned hesitantly, meeting Nayeon's back, the girl already back on her phone.

“Hey Nayeon unnie.” The said girl didn’t even turn, keeping her eyes on her phone. She hummed instead, not seeing Jeongyeon's faltering smile. “C-Can you hug me?”

Without any questions asked, the older girl turned and scooted closer towards the girl, slipping her right arm between Jeongyeon's arm and torso, resting her cheek on Jeongyeon's as she let Jeongyeon hug her back. They stayed like that for some minutes, but Jeongyeon wondered why she felt so cold the whole time.

It was like she wasn’t hugging anyone at all.

It was like it wasn’t real, like they weren’t real anymore.

After feeling that it was enough, that the hug she gave the girl was enough, Nayeon pulled away and turned away from Jeongyeon, as if nothing happened.

Jeongyeon stared at Na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter