Chapter 1/1

Such an Adventure: Kitty

3 years later.

 

The age of the kids:-

Luhan and Minseok: 10

Yixing: 8

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongdae: 7

Kyungsoo Zitao: 6

Sehun, Jongin: 5


 

It was a bright sunny day. It was a good day to have a walk in the park, spending time with your family or just having a walk with your dog. Chanyeol and Jongdae also had a walk, but it was from convenience store to home. They just finished a chore from their mother. Their mother had instructed them to buy a few groceries from the store not far from their house. Thinking it would be a chaos if she allowed all the triplet including Baekhyun to the store, with Baekhyun who was the mastermind of all her headache, so she just allowed Chanyeol and Jongdae, leaving Baekhyun who was still sleeping in their room. He would fuss if he knew he was left out but if the two got home early, he might not have a clue about it. He would get fussier if he knew their mother had bribed the two of them with some extra dollars to buy anything they wanted as the reward for the chore. And now, Chanyeol and Jongdae, each had a cone of ice cream in their hands, were walking slowly to their house while the sweet treats.

 

They walked past the park. As soon as his eyes spotted the playground, Chanyeol dashed to play but Jongdae's hand was faster. He grabbed Chanyeol's arm and shook his head, straight face seriously saying they don't have time for this. They were already late. Mom would turn into a lion and eat them alive. Chanyeol's face dropped at the comment. "Just 5 minutes?" He pouted. He could hear Jongdae's deep sigh followed by a soft okay. Chanyeol let out a big grin and straight up running to the playground.

 

Jongdae walked calmly to his excited brother. For some reason, despite having not one, but two very energetic same-aged brothers,he more-or-less a very calm and the most mature one. Despite a number of chaos the triplets had caused, they had avoided another long list of disasters because Jongdae had said no or suggesting a less chaotic, less injury plan. He thought his parents should thank him for that.

 

Jongdae was fast on his little feet as Chanyeol kept yelling his name to tell him to hurry. Every second counted and they did not want to waste their playtime any second. Chanyeol slid down the yellow tube slide. He definitely could not contain his excitement, frantically running here and there. Jongdae sat on the swing quietly. Watching his over excited brother, he shook his head. It was like he never played here before. He sighed but what can he do, this little brother of his always enjoyed every moment he had and that what made him special. He was the happy virus of the family, his happiness spread to all people around him.

 

Jongdae adjusted himself and slowly swinged while enjoying the soft breeze. It was hot but the wind made it slightly better. He was lost in thought, thinking about the homework that he needed to finish before school started when he looked back at the slide and met silence. The playground was quiet aside from the creaking of the swing he sat on. Chanyeol was nowhere to be found.

 

Jongdae quickly stood, leaving the swing violently shook. Did he just leave him alone? Jongdae looked around, feeling slightly annoyed at that thought. He walked to the slide and searched for the kid. He can't be that fast, can he? Jongdae felt slightly worried now. Was Chanyeol kidnapped by some creepy black jacket man and was sold as a beggar in another country? No! He can't be. For sure Chanyeol was annoying sometimes, but he did not want to give his brother to other people. At least not yet.

 

Jongdae ran around, looking for Chanyeol when he heard a cat meowing in distress, followed by a splash. He ran to where it was. And there he met the person he was looking for, half of his legs already submerged in a square shaped drain.

 

"Chanyeol, what are you doing?" He panicked. The drain was full with water but it was not that deep, only below the knees and Chanyeol's height definitely lowered the risk of getting drowned in there but still Jongdae was worried. He already lacked of made-up-excuses left to tell their mother and he definitely could not think of a suitable one for this situation.

 

Chanyeol walked across the drain before Jongdae could grab him. Jongdae was angrily telling him to get out of the drain this instant but it fell on deaf ears. There were two holes on the wall and Chanyeol kept his ears focused for soft cries he heard before and there it was, in the hole on his left. He squatted down to look into the hole, the cries still ringing in his ears. There was a kitten trapped in the cramped hole. It was dirty with dirt, desperately crying for help.

 

"Hey kitty. What are you doing there?"

 

Jongdae stopped his blabbered on what they should tell their mom for Chanyeol's wet pants when he saw the kid was talking into the hole. "What's in there?" He asked, definitely did not want a clown as the answer.

 

"A kitten." Thank God. Chanyeol tried to grab the kitten but the hole was too narrow and the kitten was too deep into the hole. He kept trying but all he got was pain and he nearly got stuck into that too. "What should we do?" Chanyeol turned to his brother. Jongdae jumped a little when something brushed his leg. A white cat kept meowing at him and nudged his legs.it was like it was asking him to help Chanyeol. Jongdae looked at the cat and down to the drain and back to the cat. He could still hear the kitten's cries. The cat was looking up at him with its soft begging eyes and Chanyeol's face, he sighed, definitely did not help. That soft hearted boy.

 

Jongdae took a deep breath. He did not want to get wet, he cried but still he jumped, he jumped into the drain. Screw his pants. He can think of an excuse later.




 

Junmyeon drove slowly around the neighbourhood, looking for someone, or sometwo. Mrs. Park had frantically called his name when he was about to unlock the front door of his family house. He stopped on track when the said woman ran to him. She told him that it had been an hour since Chanyeol and Jongdae went to buy groceries and they did not come home yet. She was so worried and asked Junmyeon to look after her other kids while she looked for them but instead Junmyeon offered his help. He ran to his car after he ensured the anxious woman that he would find the kids, he promised her.

 

Junmyeon went to the store and he was confirmed by the worker that the two kids had already bought the groceries and went home. He showed Junmyeon the way the kid took and Junmyeon hurriedly traced them. He drove the car slowly, eyes wildly searched for the two kids. He drove past tenth of houses but still no sight of them. He slammed on his brake when he saw the park, the place which all the kids were so fond of.

 

He quickly parked his car and ran off to the playground. There was no one there of course. It was hot. No one in their right mind would allow their kids to play outside in this weather. He searched for those two familiar figures but they were not there. He walked deeper into the park and finally he heard voices, very familiar voices.

 

"Jongdae, hurry up. It has been hours"

 

"Shut up Chanyeol. If you want it fast, come stick your hand into this stink hole." Jongdae hissed. It had been too long. The kitten won't budge. It did not come towards them when they called, instead it crawled deeper into the hole. Maybe it was scared. They tried to stick their hand into the hole but they still could not grab it.


 

"Kid, what are you doing?" The kid jumped in surprise with the sudden interruption.

 

Junmyeon had found them, both were one quarter submerged with drain water, with Jongdae's right hand disappearing into a hole, his shirt was completely ruined and wet and Chanyeol who was standing behind him was equally dirty and soaked. Both kids were stunted like they completely got caught doing something wrong. Were they doing something wrong?

 

"I'm asking. What are you doing down there?" Junmyeon sternly asked again.

 

"H--hyung, there's a kitten inside it. We are trying to get it out." Chanyeol stuttered. Sometimes, this hyung can get scary.

 

Junmyeon looked at the hole, trying to assess the situation. He could see there was a mother cat laying nearby. Was the kitten hers? He could hear distant crying from the hole. He looked at the kids’ eager face to help the kitten but their appearances, he sighed. Their mom would be absolutely furious when she saw them.

 

He could tell the kids to just leave it alone. Their mom was already mad at them because of their sudden disappearance but it would be cruel wasn’t it?




 

Mrs. Park leaned on the kitchen counter, checking out her phone. At the dining table in front of her sat Park Baekhyun who just ate his lunch after waking up from his nap, still dizzy and sleepy. He still did not notice his brothers were not home and Mrs. Park wanted it stayed that way. She looked for any message in her inbox but no matter how many times she was refreshing it, no new message came in. She sighed frustratedly. Junmyeon promised her to keep in contact but there was nothing. She was busy scooping out a second plate of mashed potato for fussy Baekhyun when the house bell rang.

 

She ran to the front door, hoping for the ones who were at the door were the ones she was waiting for. And yes, they were at the front door when she opened it, with hands and feet dirty with mud, all shirts and shorts soaking and dripping with water. Mind you, it was not just the kids, the lone adult too. There was a kitten in Chanyeol's arm and a mother cat in Junmyeon's arm, both equally dirty like the humans.The older woman took a deep breath. She certainly got a hell of mess to handle.

 

The rest of the story was cut short. Mrs. Park forbade them all from taking a step into the house, not before rinsing themselves first using the hose in the backyard. She took the cats from them as they were shaking from coldness. She then wrapped them with a thick, warm blanket before giving them a can of tuna. The cats hungrily eat it. The rest of the kids were crowding them, looking fascinated and excited. They rarely got close to a cat. They always saw and played with doggies and there was Byul, Junmyeon's puppy for sure. But for cats, nope. Yixing tried to pet the kitten but when the mother cat hissed at him, the kids scattered away. Their mother chuckled at the scene. She told them to not bother the cats anymore and let them eat.

 

After rinsing themselves and changing to new clothes, Chanyeol and Jongdae hurriedly ran to the cats. Junmyeon also came to the house to check on the cats after taking a shower at his house. But their excitement was abruptly shaken off when the mother sternly called them to the living room. Knowing it was their fault for making their mom worry, the kids just sat there on the sofa, heads hanging down when the mother scolded them. Junmyeon was also sitting silently, listening to Mrs. Park's long and angry lecture. She told the kids to stay in their room, kneeling with their hands above their heads for 10 minutes for their punishments. Pouting, Chanyeol and Jongdae sullenly walked to their room.

 

The family decided to foster the mum and the kitten until someone adopted them. Mrs. Park liked cats but she did not think she could take care of two other beings in this house. Eleven were more than enough.

 

Junmyeon went to the house a week later with a couple of his friends. His friends were interested in adopting the cats together. But, of course it was not easy when it came to Park's kids. Sehun decided to shut the door as soon as he knew their intention, successfully locking out his mom, hyung and the strangers. The kids decided to hide the cats under their beds when locking out the adults did not last long as Mrs. Park made her way to the backyard door. But, it also did not last long as Mrs. Park knew how to get the cats at her feet. The cats ran frantically to her when she shook a box of their favorite treats. Knowing nothing worked in their favor, they decided to make use of waterworks.

 

After a lot of pursuing and calming down the kids, especially a very hysterical Park Chanyeol, the two cats got a new home and family. It worked when Junmyeon promised to bring them to the friends' house whenever they wanted to play with cats and no excuses. Junmyeon was dumbfounded a moment after making the promise, thinking whether he would regret this one day but he shook it off. The kids might forget about this later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But what he did not know, kids never forget.

 

 

 

A/N: I miss Park Chanyeol. I hope he's doing okay. :(