COMPLETE

Tear...burn...flush...

It is a tiring day for Sojung after the double shifts she covered in the cafe. She makes her way to the kitchen to stores the beer she bought on the way home, there a white envelope sitting on her dining table with her name written on the cover nicely.

 

It looks like one of those fancy expensive wedding invitations and truthfully she sees this nightmare coming. All of it just becomes painfully real for her. 

 

She decides she could not do this sober, she grabs back a bottle of vodka and shoves a few shots down . A few minutes after, her shaking hands reach for the envelope and tear it open as she walks to the living room with the vodka bottle with her. There it is a wedding invitation, an invitation to her ex's wedding. 

 

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook and Ms. Jung Eunha are joyful to invite you to share in their happiness as they unite in marriage on 5th December 2020 at 5 o'clock."

 

Sojung laughs pathetically, this is ed up. She hasn't spoken to Eunbi in 3 years and now she's invited to the wedding. They aren't even friends. She always imagined that she is the person whom Eunbi would marry someday. She picks up the vodka bottle again and gulps it down until she passes out and the last thing she remembers in her head is Eunbi smiling at her.

 

The next morning which happens to be Sunday, she awakens from the slamming front door. . The whole noises in the kitchen make her decides to gather her together with a bad headache.

 

Before she could get up, SinB is already staring at her and the envelope next to her. She has seen the invitation earlier in her girlfriend's place anyway, she does not think that Sojung will get invited. ". I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

 

Silence is in the air for a minute, "This is ed up, she's getting married! The love of my life is getting married."

 

That night, SinB decides to be with Sojung drinking on the balcony while inhaling the not-so-healthy-air. The wedding invitation is still in Sojung's hand anyway.

 

SinB hasn't taken her eyes off her best friend, "Are you gonna go?" she asks expecting Sojung to tell her honestly. "She's inviting you may mean a lot of things but I know she won't invite you just because she despises you. wants to be the strong person you are. I'm pretty sure she wants you to move the on."

 

Sojung stays quiet, feeling the alcohol burning instead. She has heard similar things for the past two years, she even memorized the line. 

 

"I know it's hard to see her being happy with someone else but trust me this is the best chance for you to move on, you can start your journey without looking back at the past." SinB continues which being ignored completely by her best friend.

 

The drinks continue until SinB passes out in the living room but Sojung is still kinda sober, staring at the envelope again while processing whatever SinB throws at her earlier. 

 

Her blank mind gets disturbed by her ringing phone. She looks at the number and laughs at it. , she must have been so drunk that she sees Eunbi's name on her screen. Her laugh disappears when she realizes it is real, and the call is replaced by the voicemail. She pushes the phone against her ear.

 

The familiar voice shoots right through the phone, "Hi Sojung." she knows that Eunbi isn't sober either because Eunbi makes this dragging voice. 

 

"I'm getting married, Sojung. I'm sure you have seen the invitation. You must think I'm such a crazy to invite my ex-girlfriend to the wedding." continues Eunbi and then she laughs.

 

"I don't even know why I'm calling right now. I know you...you must be wondering. I don't know why I invited you. Maybe I miss you and I wanna see you one last time or maybe I'm still angry at you for breaking my heart." the younger girl continues blabbing through the voicemail and then there are a few seconds pauses in between as she takes a gulp of the wine.

 

Sojung sighs, remembering all the memories and how she left Eunbi cold. All the painful, guilty feeling comes back haunting her again.

 

"You're always...so inescapable. You never leave my mind even when I'm in love with Jungkook." and then the voicemail ends.

 

Inescapable. Sojung takes a deep breath and wondering if only she did things differently in the past, then maybe, just maybe, Eunbi will be by her side. No one is to blame but time.