Tricks and Treats

Trick or Treat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happiest Halloween to everyone soon, I thought it would be fun to write a kid Seulrene/older Joyri Halloween fic, because why not. So please enjoy this should hopefully be fun, and happy Halloween.


 

Park Sooyoung sat on the roof of her house, binoculars on, and seemed to be scanning the area for something, or rather someone. Today was Halloween and rather than getting herself ready for an epic Halloween party, or going to the store to load up on tons of candy. Sooyoung was here sitting on her roof.

 

“Soo?” She hears her wife, Yerim looking up at her from the front lawn. She has her arms folded over her chest and isn’t looking at that thrilled.

 

“Yes, Yerimie?” She puts down the binoculars for a moment, but only for a moment.

 

“Do you want to explain to me why you’re sitting on our roof, and not helping me make Halloween cookies like you said you would?”

 

Oh yes, she did promise her wife she’d help make some Halloween inspired cookies, and they did spend hours online looking up tasty sounding recipes, and prettily decorated cookies that were going to hopefully look like cauldrons, witches, and bats.

 

“I can’t leave my post, baby. There’s no telling where those two little demons are. The two little demons as her wife so eloquently put it are two of their neighbor kids, Bae Joohyun and Kang Seulgi. Two adorable looking kids who are practically glued to the hip, you don’t see one without the other.

 

“You promised no wars with them, they’re kids, Soo.”

 

“When did I promise that...whoa…”

 

“Soo!” Yerim screams, thinking her wife is about to do something idiotic and fall off their roof. Only to breathe a sigh of relief when Sooyoung caught herself.

 

“Aw, were you worried about me, baby?” The woman smiles with bright eyes twinkling even more so.

 

“No, I was more worried about the roof. Anyway, get your down, and help me make cookies.”

 

A long sigh escapes Sooyoung and she does make her way down the roof, not that she’s all that happy to be doing so, since she had to look out for those brat kids, who could be somewhere out there plotting against herself and Yerim. That reminds Sooyoung why isn’t her wife more worried about the possibility of that happening. Ever since they first met those two little demons it had been hell. Sure the two kids might look adorable, one resembling a baby bunny and the other a kitten, sure that was all well and good. That didn’t take away from the fact they were demons.

 

“Babe?” Yerim looks at her, because the taller woman seems to be in deep thought. Yerim walks over to her wife and slaps her cheeks affectionately, and that seems to have Sooyoung focus on her. 

 

“Yerimie, what did I say about slapping me?”
 

“You said to only slap you in the bedroom.” Yerim winks a bit and that has Sooyoung’s face get all red in a cute way that the shorter woman hardly ever sees from her other half. 

 

“Ah, no, no that’s not what I said. Anyway, okay let’s make cookies, and then we need to be out of here before the neighborhood kids come looking for candy.”

 

Yerim laughs and shakes her head. “Babe, we already have candy waiting at the door for the kids, what’s with you? You love Halloween.”

 

“I do, but I don’t think I want a bunch of screaming kids shouting at us for candy. Especially those two little demons.”

 

Yerim sighs, and grabs her wife by the hand, leading her off to the kitchen so they can get started on making cookies. “Soo, those two ‘demons’ as you so nicely put it aren’t even that bad. They’re just kids, what about eight or so?”

 

“Yeah, I guess.” Sooyoung shrugs and helps her gather up the ingredients from the taller cabinets in the kitchen. “Are you forgetting about that incident of last Halloween, I know you haven’t forgotten?”

 

“It was a harmless prank, Soo. All they did was try and scare us with costumes, like you haven’t done worse as a kid.”

 

“I….” Now Sooyoung can’t deny that at all. She did some crazy back in her day as a kid, not to mention when she was a teenager. But she has since gotten settled into a nice responsible adult life, with a job, a house, and a marriage.

 

“So, a girl gets one mugshot, that doesn’t mean she’s a terrible person.” 

 

Yerim laughs out loud and hugs her wife around the waist. Sooyoung is so very silly and that’s probably one of the reasons she loves her so much. “Silly, you never were arrested. Come on, let’s make cookies. What kind do you want, chocolate chip or sugar?”

 

“Surprise me, baby.” 

 

“Okay, oatmeal it is.”

 

Sooyoung inhales so she doesn’t scream, only she does, and pouts cutely. “Yerimie, really. You’re just as bad as those demon kids.”

 

Yerim is already moving to start mixing up ingredients. “I think you just need to spend some proper time with Seulgi and Joohyun, and you’ll see they’re not so bad at all.”

 

Sooyoung certainly didn’t agree with that statement. In fact, she would be happier if those two kids stayed away from their house during Halloween, much happier.


 

Of course, two little kids were over at Joohyun’s house right now getting ready for trick or treating later. Because neither of their parents would be able to take them, they are hanging out with their nice next door neighbor Son Seungwan who has already offered to help out.

 

“Okay, Seul.” The blonde woman smiles kindly. “What do you need help with? Do you have your costume already?”

 

“Yes, Ms. Son.” Seulgi nods eagerly. “Guess what I’m going as?”

 

“Hmm…” Seungwan pretends to think as she has already seen Joohyun’s Cony costume and because she knows how close the two kids are, there’s no way Seulgi isn’t going as Brown. “Could you be going as Brown?”
 

“Yes!” The monolid child nods eagerly. “How did you know?”

 

“A gut feeling, kiddo. Okay, let’s see where it is, and I’ll help you both until it’s time to go.”

 

“Are you going to be okay taking us both trick or treating by yourself?” Seulgi, ever the sweetheart asks her with a concerned face. 

 

“You know what, Seul. I think I know just who to ask to help out.”

 

“Who, Ms. Son?” Joohyun asks as she comes out of the kitchen holding onto three juice boxes, which is quite a sight to see the small child holding that many juice boxes in her tiny hands.

 

“I’ll ask Sooyoung and Yerim, I’m sure they’re not busy.”

 

Seulgi and Joohyun gasp loudly and nearly drop their juice boxes on the floor. It’s one thing for them to be with Ms. Son, who is nice and makes them snacks and tasty treats. It’s an entirely different thing to invite Sooyoung and Yerim.

 

“But...but…” Joohyun frowns. 

 

“What’s wrong, kids?” Seungwan genuinely wants to know, as both Joohyun and Seulgi look worried all of a sudden.

 

“They don’t like us, Ms. Son. Especially the giant chicken woman.”

 

Seungwan has to hold back her laugh as she knows that Joohyun is talking about Sooyoung. She clears .

 

“That’s not nice, Joohyun. But I’m sure that’s not true. Sooyoung and Yerim are friends of mine, maybe you all just got off on the wrong foot?”
 

“Is there a right and wrong foot?” Seulgi blinks before turning to Joohyun for confirmation. Joohyun shrugs, as she doesn’t know much about adults and their weird words.

 

“No, no, it's just an expression. Like maybe you two just need to spend more time with them. I’ll call and ask if they’d like to come trick or treating, is that okay?”

 

Seulgi and Joohyun look at each other and then Seungwan watches as the two kids start muttering and whispering to each other in hushed tones, probably going over some elaborate sort of plan in only the way two small eight-year-olds could. Seungwan is actually starting to get worried that they will never answer her until the two kids look at her, while holding hands, and it’s just about the cutest sight ever to be honest.

 

“Okay, it’s fine.” Seulgi agrees with a smile.

 

“I’m only agreeing because Seul said it’s okay. But if they act up we’re calling the police.”

 

Seungwan isn’t sure if the kids are kidding or not. But the next thing she knows Joohyun grabs Seulgi by the hand and leads her away.

 

“Come on, Seul. Let’s go get our baskets for our candy.”


“Okay, Hyunnie.”

 

Now that she was alone for the moment. Seungwan figured that she might as well call Sooyoung and Yerim. This could very well be the perfect chance for everyone to get the opportunity to really spend time together. Surely, this is all a simple understanding, right?


 

Park Sooyoung was in the middle of decorating cookies with her wife, or trying to, because it was kind of distracting not to keep trying to kiss Yerim, even though Yerim kept on pushing her face away and acting like she didn’t want to be kissed. 

 

“Soo, stop. The phone is ringing.”

 

The taller woman wanted to argue that the phone wasn't ringing, only it was. Sooyoung let out a groan, pushing her dark locks back away from her face to calm down, and not think about how she wanted to strangle whoever is calling them. Because, really, who the hell calls someone on Halloween when cookies are being made. Either way, Sooyoung leaves a kiss on the brunette’s forehead and goes to answer the phone.

 

“Park residence.” Sooyoung answers, as it was always something she wanted to say when she got married, even though Yerim complains that it could have easily been Kim residence for her name, and they get into fights over which name it should be.

 

“Sooyoung, hi.” 

 

“Oh, hey, Wan.” She greets their friend and neighbor from a few houses down. “What are you up to on this fine Halloween afternoon?”
 

“Oh, nothing much. I’m actually calling to see if you and Yerim are busy. I’d love your help with taking some of our neighbor kids trick or treating.”

 

Sooyoung pauses, feeling a sudden bad feeling come over her, because why didn’t Seungwan simply say who the children are? 

 

“Who are the kids?”
 

The way her friend laughs nervously on the phone tells Sooyoung all she needs to know, really. And just before she can hang up the phone, Seungwan blurts out something so fast that Sooyoung didn’t even catch it all.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m hanging out with Seulgi and Joohyun because their parents are working and not able to take them trick or treating. You’d be helping me out, besides I think all of you would like each other if you just spent some actual bonding time together.”

 

Sooyoung gasps so loud that even Yerim is looking at her like she’s worried or concerned. Sooyoung nearly drops the phone to the floor, how the hell is this possible? She said she wanted nothing to do with those kids and now suddenly they might have to go trick or treating with them, no, absolutely not.

 

“Are you insane? Why would you want to take those demon kids trick or treating.”

 

“But, they’re not bad kids. They’re actually very sweet and rather adorable.”

 

“That’s what they want you to think, Wan. Anyway, Yerimie and I are busy, plus we don’t have any costumes so there.”

 

Yerim comes over and practically yanks the phone out of her wife’s hand. “Hey, Wan. No we’re not busy, Soo and I will be glad to help you out with Seulgi and Joohyun. We’ll meet you or you can come over here when you’re ready.”

 

“Oh my god, the betrayal. My heart...it’s too weak for this.” Sooyoung dramatically falls out onto the couch and Yerim naturally doesn’t even bother to look at her silly wife, because she is, in fact, being silly. 

 

“Okay, we’ll see you all then.” Yerim explains to their friend and ends the call. She looks at her wife and sighs. “Now what’s wrong with you?”

 

“Why did you betray me! We don’t need to go trick or treating with some demon kids, and Seungwan. That’s like asking for trouble.”

 

“Hon.” The shorter woman sighs and touches her cheeks in a way that usually comforts Sooyoung. It doesn’t actually comfort her at all though, not at this moment, when she is certainly pissed because of how she’s now roped into trick or treating.

 

“No, my heart is still weak from the betrayal.”
 

“Stop being so dramatic.” Yerim grabs her into a hug, and because Sooyoung is such a physically affectionate person. She can’t really resist the way her wife holds her and returns the embrace.

 

“You know I’m weak for your hugs, that’s not fair.”

 

“I know, come on let’s just help the kids and Seungwan out. It won’t be so bad, we actually do have costumes too. Remember, you were going to be a witch, and I was going to be a vampire.”

 

Sooyoung could see there was no way out of it. Besides, she could never say no to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter