Her Muse

Muse

 

“Have you heard? Sandara Park has started using colors in her paintings!”

“Really? THE Sandara Park? Started painting with colors? Are you sure that’s not some fake news?”

“I’m sure! My sister works for Teddy! His boss is Park’s art mentor back in College - he said he’s heard Park herself said she found a muse!”

“A muse? Oh she must be very pretty~”

“She? Oh dears heavens, no - Park’s muse is a man~”

“You mean she’s getting married?”

“Shh! Tone down your voice! Also, you DID NOT hear that from me, got it?”

“Got it.”

 

 --------------------------

 

The funny thing about being a faceless painter, is that it gives the artist freedom to walk around the park.

Or, sit right behind two women gossiping about her in an almost empty coffee shop.

“Bom is getting married and I am the ever bridesmaid, but thanks for asking” Dara muttered darkly as she sipped her usual coffee in the shop close to her apartment.

Dara couldn’t see what was wrong with being unmarried at the age of 34 or being anything other than single - but leave it to gossip mongers to talk .

The ladies have already left about a minute ago and she’s sitting around in hers and Bom’s usual meet up place to talk about her next exhibit.

She also just dropped off Dadoongie at the cat hotel so that she could walk around some more after her meeting.

‘And look for my muse’ her mind supplied.

It’s true.

Dara fell in love at first sight.

Even if she only saw a silhouette.

It was not even two weeks ago when she saw the man - she was sure it’s a man, recording in an empty studio.

She was visiting Bom who also had a recording that same day so she could ask her to accompany her to the mall.

When she saw him, she wanted to talk to him, get to know the guy - but she was shy, and then Bom arrived and she was dragged away from that room.

She kept looking back towards the studio as Bom dragged her around until she stopped walking and ask Bom for forgiveness as she made a mad dash back towards her apartment.

She has never had the need to use colors - not until today.

She fell in love with blacks and whites a long time ago and that is what made her popular.

But that man - there was just something about that man, Dara was sure, that made her use the colors blue.

The Reds.

And the Yellows.

It was the same sketch - but in different colors.

Dara found her muse.

But she hasn’t seen him again after that, she only has a name, Kwon Jiyong, thanks of course to her bestfriend, Bom - which made her come to a decision.

She’s gonna look for the mysterious singer.

She’s gonna look for her muse.