Of Missed Chances and Regrets

Of Missed Chances and Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my god! Have you seen the viral video? That one senior student who's singing? Damn! His voice is so good and the looks? Perfect!" I heard the gossiping students beside me, I'm sitting on a stone bench just outside the Engineering Building, it's vacant and I don't have anything to do. As I heard those words, I rolled my eyes, perfectly knowing what they were talking about.

 

"I think that's Ryeowook?? Ryeowook Kim?" Her other friend mentioned. Ah.. Ryeowook, Ryeowook Kim. How can I describe that person, well in fact he's okay, i guess? I've known him since 1st year high, he was chubby back then but now oh boy, he's looking just as fine as heck!

 

Well going back, he's not the typical college jock boy, instead he's into music and theater arts, he has the voice of an Angel! When you hear him sing a song, you will literally see colors arounds you, and he's also kinda cute, and handsome, but I won't admit that to him because his head will definitely get bigger!

 

"Kyuhyun!" I heard a voice calling me, I turned around and saw Ryeowook practically skipping towards me. I swear, I saw rainbows around him, he's like the human form of Happiness. Then, I hear the students beside me gasp. Ryeowook told me it's also his vacant, asking me to eat outside, but I am not in the mood to eat. I dismissed him, but then he leaned his head on my shoulder and I felt my heart skip a beat. No, please, just no!

 

"Please?" He pouted and acted cutely, I pretended to act disgusted where in fact I just wanted to squish those cheeks and kiss him fully on the lips.

I like him, ever since I laid my eyes on him, but I don't have the guts to admit it, I don't know.. I just can't. I'm content with whatever we have at the moment... I don't want to ruin our friendship just because of my stupid feelings that'll eventually go away, soon, I hope, and I know that I don't have a chance on him, I never will have a chance on him.

 

In the end he managed to drag me outside the campus and as we were walking he suddenly stopped, I asked him what's wrong, he just gave me a lost dog look, "Where's the direction of Chicken Avenue again?" I eyed him, I don't even know that place.

 

"Why are you asking me? Do I look like a map to you? I don't even know where that is!" I scoffed, he just rolled his eyes, and settled for a restaurant nearby.

 

We ate for like nearly an hour, Ryeowook mostly just talked about random things and I on the other hand was just listening. I will always listen to his stories, no matter how nonsense they are. As we stepped out of the restaurant we were walking back to the campus, he then jumped as his face turned brighter than it ever did,

 

"I'm dating Ari!" Those words rang inside my head, and it felt like someone threw a bucket of ice cold water at me at that very moment...

 

I found myself staring at his face while he's telling me how he secretly courted Ari, his blockmate. I'm still listening, even though I can feel how my heart's been ripping into pieces whenever he mentioned how he courted her, how much Ryeowook likes her. I feel like crying but the tears won't come out, maybe later? When Ryeowook's not around anymore. We parted as soon as we walked back inside, saying that Ari just finished her practice and he will go fetch her. I can see how happy he is. He's not vocal when it comes to his love life, this is the first time I see him look so in-love. Damn.

As I stood there watching his figure slowly drift away, I kept thinking, What if I had the courage to tell him how much I like him? Will it change a damn thing? Or will I just ruin our friendship? But I clearly remember that one night, that one particular night, when I was so drunk and he ended up taking care of me, I still remember the words he whispered to my drunk self,

"I hope I get to meet you in another life, in another time and universe where You and Me can both have what we truly want."

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter