First trip

Come away with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi and happy Seulrene day, because it’s Halloween month, I figured what better time than to write for my vampire Seul series, as it’s one of my favorites besides magic double date night, so here we have Joohyun going on her first mini trip with Seulgi, as she goes out of town to play a concert, so expect cute things, I guess, okay thank you, happy seulrene day, and enjoy (side note, I know we all know about the whole Irene situation, and it saddens me in a lot of ways, I do not wish to go into it here though as it’s everywhere, so hopefully we can all use a bit of a break from real life, and thank you!)



 

Seulgi isn’t the type to be nervous. The vampire has been around a long time, seen, and done a lot of things, so nervous is not the first words that would ever be associated with her. Still, she feels nervous, and the blonde-haired woman runs her hands over her face as she sits at the grand white piano in her spare room in the apartment. Sometimes, she comes here when she feels overwhelmed, or thinking too much, and it relaxes her. Something about the quiet darkness and scented candles will do that for a person, or rather a vampire.

 

“Lavender…” She thinks of the smell of the newer candles she purchased, all because Joohyun said it was her favorite scent, and it made the crimson-eyed woman smile a bit as she thinks about her girlfriend, and the reason for her current anxiety. Though, the human couldn’t possibly know that she was anxious because of her, or rather because of what she wants to ask her.

 

“Joohyun, would you like to…” No, no that wasn’t right. Seulgi shakes her head and tries the words out loud again.

 

“Beloved…” No, no, much too serious, even though Joohyun was certainly her beloved. It didn’t need to be serious as if Seulgi was proposing marriage to her or anything, no, all Seulgi needed to do was ask her human if she wanted to accompany her out of town.

 

“I’m playing a concert out of town, Hyun. Would you like to go with me?”

 

That sounded much better, and Seulgi feels relieved. The vampire wasn’t even sure why she was so nervous, maybe because they had never gone out on a trip together as of yet. This trip to another city would be their very first real outing together, one that required hotel stay, overnight bags, and such. This was a big deal to Seulgi because it would be her first trip like this with someone she loved very much, and so she picked up her phone to call Joohyun. It rings once, maybe two times before she ends the call. Seulgi sighs a bit and rests on the piano for a moment. She didn’t want to ask Joohyun over the phone, as this was something she’d much rather ask in person. It was time to pay a visit to Joohyun, who should be home by now anyway from work. Seulgi sends a text anyway to see if she’s free.

 

LovelyHyun: I’m home, just got here maybe ten minutes ago. Yes, I’d love to see you, what kind of question is that?

 

A heart emoji was placed at the end of her text and that also makes Seulgi smile. Sometimes, when Seulgi is alone with her thoughts she’ll think about how lucky she is to have Joohyun, as truly she imagined she’d not ever find someone who meant so much to her. Fortunately, for her she had a persistent human who would not allow her to give up on them, and Seulgi is thankful every day for that. She sends one last text telling Joohyun she’d be over soon, and gets up, goes to her bedroom to dress in a simple white button down shirt, gray slacks, and combat boots. A dark vest goes on over her last and she heads out of her apartment to meet Joohyun. There have been more talks about Joohyun moving in with her, though nothing has officially been decided yet. Seulgi has the space, certainly. Never in her life had she shared her living space with anyone, aside from when she was human and lived with her family, but that was quite a long time ago now. 

 

Joohyun told her she had not shared a space with anyone either, besides family growing up, and it would be a big first step for them both, but not an unwanted step. Still, they did have time to really decide things, such as when all this would occur. First things first, Seulgi needed to get over to her girlfriend’s place and ask her to go with her out of town. This should not be too hard, right, no it shouldn’t be. Seulgi stops by one of Joohyun’s favorite bakeries and grabs her some freshly made fruit tarts, and then heads over to the human’s place. 

 

This wouldn’t be difficult, right?

 

No of course it wouldn’t.

 

Then how come Seulgi stood at a loss for words when Joohyun opened the door, her brown locks up in a cute bun, round specs, probably from reading, and simply looking gorgeous to her, though Joohyun is always just so gorgeous. The human chuckles in amusement as Seulgi stands there staring at her like she has no idea what to do with herself. 

 

“Seul?” Joohyun waves at first.

 

Nothing, not a word, just crimson eyes staring at her with a lost expression. How was she supposed to wake up her vampire? Joohyun tries again to call her name, but actually takes a hold of her hand at the same time, interlocking their fingers.

 

“Earth to y vamp.” She teases, hoping that would trigger something. Nothing again, and so Joohyun knows she’ll have to resort to extreme measures. Those measures being the brunette leaning up just a bit to reach Seulgi’s lips and leaving a soft peck against them. That seems to do the trick and Seulgi snaps out of it and blinks a few times.

 

“Oh, Joohyun, I’m sorry…”

 

“Don’t be sorry, baby. Were you taken by my beauty again,” she teases as on more than one occasion Seulgi has complimented her beauty, in profound and poetic ways that can only be from someone not of this era. 

 

“Ah,” Seulgi smiles, eyes disappearing into those lovely crescent shapes Joohyun adores so much. “I’m always taken by your beauty,” she regains herself and gently takes a hold of one of Joohyun’s hands, leaving a kiss against her skin with one of those gentle nods and bow that never fails to make the human feel incredibly lucky.

 

“Sweet talker, come in, okay. Are those from my favorite bakery?” She looks so happy in that moment and Seulgi knows no matter what she always wants Joohyun to be happy. The vampire knows no matter what she will always do whatever it is in her power to make Joohyun happy.

 

“Yes, I picked them up for you on the way here. I’m glad you’re not busy, Hyun. I want to ask you something.”

 

Joohyun thanks her for the tarts and is about to place them inside on the kitchen table, when she turns to Seulgi with a curious look. “It must be important if you came here in person, not that I’m not glad to see you. I am always glad to see you.”

 

“I am as well, Joohyun. It is important, yes.”

 

Now this was where it would be easy? All Seulgi had to do was ask Joohyun to come out of town with her. Seulgi even knew what she wanted to say exactly, and perhaps that was why she messed up anyway.

 

“Town out of concert, want to go?”

 

“What?” The human blinks, confused and Seulgi facepalms. She couldn’t get that simple line right, and she is so embarrassed because Seulgi never acts like this with anyone else. What is it about Bae Joohyun that makes her feel like a complete and utter fool? A fool in love, though, so maybe it was alright.

 

“I’m sorry, I just..”

 

Sensing how troubled Seulgi was really. Joohyun sat down with her on the couch and gently touched her pale cheek. The touch alone helps soothe Seulgi and she leans into Joohyun’s touch a bit, eyes closing as she tells herself that all she has to do is ask Joohyun to come with her, it’s not meant to be this difficult.

 

“You can tell me anything, Seul, you know that. Now deep breaths…”
 

Seulgi frowns a bit and Joohyun apologizes with an embarrassed laugh.

 

“Hypothetical deep breaths, baby.” That seemed to be better and the frown disappeared from Seulgi’s face. “Now, talk to me, what’s on your mind?”

 

As usual, Joohyun was calm, comforting, and that was enough. Seulgi spoke then in a calm voice, no hint of worry, or anxiety and asked her girlfriend what she had wanted to ask when she first stepped foot in her house.

 

“I’m playing a concert out of town and I was wondering if you’d like to go with me, Hyun.”
 

The way Joohyun looks excited to hear about an out of town show, and that eager nod makes Seulgi smile, what was she so nervous about? There had been no reason to be nervous when Joohyun looked at her like that.

 

“Yes, of course. We did speak before about my going out of town with you, tell me more. When is it, how many days, I’ll put in a request with work, it doesn’t matter as long as I get to go with you.”

 

The vampire goes into details, how it’s next weekend on a Saturday, but how they would arrive the Friday before, to get settled in the hotel, maybe sightsee, and could return Sunday evening, or Monday morning, it would entirely be up to Joohyun. Since, she is the one who would have work.

 

“I’ll call in, and take a small vacation. I have a lot of saved days off, so I might as well use them. You know…” The brunette looks thoughtful and grabs Seulgi’s hand, as it dawns on her something else important. They had never gone anywhere together yet. It was usually Seulgi always going out of town, whether for concerts or for blood retrievals or even feedings, and Joohyun to visit her family, always without her. This trip would be their first mini vacation together and knowing that Joohyun knew there was no way she wouldn’t enjoy it to the fullest. 

 

“This will be our first trip together, out of the city.” She finishes, to which Seulgi nods softly, giving the human’s hand a squeeze and interlocking their fingers. Joohyun smiles as she thinks back to before when Seulgi used to be afraid of touch between them for the sweetest of reasons, because she worried about how cold her skin felt. But Seulgi was without a doubt the most thoughtful and sincere person, er vampire she had ever known. They’ve also been together for long enough where though Seulgi’s skin is cold, it doesn’t bother her. Joohyun even made an amusing joke to her vampire that at least Seulgi could cool her down in the summer, and yeah, that joke really didn’t go over all that well, not at all.

 

“If I’m going to be a custom-made air conditioner, I at least wish to be paid with kisses and or , maybe both.” Seulgi had said to her in such a serious way that Joohyun thought she was being serious, though Seulgi had revealed to her she was simply teasing.

 

“Yes, our first trip.” The monolid woman’s voice brings her out of other thoughts and back to reality. “There never was a chance before, because our schedules always seemed to be in conflict.”

 

“Tell me about it.” The shorter woman nods with a sigh and leans into Seulgi, who wraps her arms around her right away, as if on cue, instinct, or maybe because the blonde really enjoys holding Joohyun. Yeah, maybe because she really enjoys holding Joohyun, feeling her close, and hearing that calm and steady heartbeat of hers that always signals that the woman she loves is alright, safe, and with her.

 

“I always had to work or other engagements while you had out of town concerts, so no matter what I’m going with you, baby.” 

 

“Good, I’m glad, because I want you with me. All you have to do is make sure you’re packed and ready to go, I’ll handle the rest.” Seulgi promises and leaves a kiss on top of her forehead. The couple sit just like that for a while in Joohyun’s living room, right there until the brunette expresses that she is tired, and wants to go to bed. But not without telling Seulgi she’d really like her to stay. 

 

“Do you want me to stay?” She smiles ever so softly and Joohyun nods while holding onto her waist, a sleepy but adorable expression on the human’s face. 

 

“Yeah, I want you to stay.”

 

And that was always enough for Seulgi to stay, she’d stay anyway, as long as it meant being with Joohyun for a bit longer. Seulgi walks hand in hand with Joohyun to the bedroom and almost immediately the human falls out onto the bed, possibly more tired than she thought. Seulgi smiles a bit and helps her properly.

 

“Come on, Hyun. Let me get your pajamas, and get you under the covers.”

 

“I’m so sleepy…”

 

“I know, sweetheart.”

 

There is something about the way Seulgi says sweetheart in that soft tone of hers that makes her smile, despite the evident sleepiness. 

 

“At least, let’s get you into pajamas. The purple ones, right?”

 

“Yeah, in the dresser, you know where.”

 

Seulgi does know where because she has been to Joohyun’s house plenty of times and knows where most things are, and how her girlfriend keeps things in specific order. The same with her place, Joohyun has been there enough times she can find things, without asking. Maybe they did need to move in together soon, as soon as possible. Because Seulgi knows that there are times she’ll subconsciously reach over for Joohyun, expecting for her girlfriend to be there, only to find that she’s not, and she knows the same is true for Joohyun too.

 

“Okay, your favorite purple pajamas are here.”

 

It was easy enough to help her get into pajamas, because Joohyun was awake enough to be helped, and even if for some reason she wasn’t. Seulgi would have still helped her anyway. Once all is finished, she helps Joohyun into bed and pulls back the big comforter on the bed and once Joohyun is all settled in comfortably. Seulgi sits down too, and immediately Joohyun reaches for her, on cue, or perhaps because Joohyun always cuddles her right away whenever they are within close range of each other. Seulgi has never met a more affectionate person in her life, and because that affectionate person is her girlfriend, it makes her feel all the more special.

 

“Are you comfortable, Hyun?” Seulgi asks with her arms around her. Joohyun’s eyes were closed but she wasn’t asleep yet.

 

“I’m comfortable.” It’s whispered softly. Joohyun finds that she always sleeps the best when Seulgi is beside her. Her girlfriend brings to her that much needed feeling of comfort, another reason they needed to move in together, soon. She could just imagine waking up to Seulgi every morning and going to bed beside her each night, doing the most typical of things together. 

 

“Joohyun?” She hears her name and wants to answer but the sleep is kicking in and there’s not much she can do but accept it and fall asleep completely. Seulgi simply leaves a kiss to her forehead. They’d have time to talk more about moving in together soon, anyway.


 

 

 


 

Preparing for a trip out of town, whether it was for a concert, or personal reasons, was never a complicated matter. Seulgi would always have everything arranged prior, such as travel, expenses, and the like. Most times, hotel accommodations were already provided for her, courtesy of the venue who had requested her presence. Perks of being a famous and rich musician, the vampire thought to herself as she made some notes in her favorite leather bound journal. The concert itself was about a two hour drive or so away from their town, and so she planned to drive herself. Everything she needed was already packed and ready to go, though the trip wasn’t officially until Friday morning. Seulgi was always the sort who lied to be prepared, even when she was a human herself. Though the trips out of town were never a complicated manner, things were different now because Joohyun would be joining her.

 

The blonde’s phone rings and without even having to look she knew it was Joohyun. The poor thing seemed to be a little anxious, though not about their trip itself. She seemed to be thinking more along the lines of what did she need to bring, how much clothes was too much, basic concerns like that.

 

“Hyun, hi. Is there…”

 

“Seul, okay, so I’m not freaking out, but I am kind of freaking out.”

 

Seulgi chuckled to herself a bit, it was hard not to find her cute girlfriend amusing right now.

 

“Hyun, calm down, take deep breaths. You just need maybe three days worth of clothes, don’t forget to bring important things like ID, since we’ll be checking into a hotel when we arrive, and this is the most important.”

 

Joohyun listens in closely, wondering what could be more important than her clothes and ID, possibly a backup pair of comfortable shoes too. 

 

“Make sure you bring yourself. Because I want to be looking at the passenger seat next to me with you there.”

 

That was the absolute sweetest thing ever and Joohyun couldn’t help that she outwardly reacted with a bit of swoon-scream, her cheeks feeling flushed too, and god does she love Kang Seulgi so very much.

 

“I’ll be there beside you, baby. Okay…” Joohyun takes a breath. “I’ll see you in a few more days, I can’t believe how fast time flew, it feels like you were just telling me about the trip and now it’s nearly here.”
 

Seulgi had to agree, because really not too long ago she received the offer, and now she and Joohyun are just a few days away from heading out on their first ever trip together. It was exciting, really thinking about spending those three days with Joohyun, in another place. Though it is originally a work trip there is no reason why it can’t be a fun one for them.

 

“I know, just a few more days. I can’t wait, Hyun.”

 

“Neither can I, baby. Okay, I’m going to finish packing, I’ll see you soon.”

 

“You will, I love you, Joohyun.”

 

Hearing Seulgi tell her she loves her is quite possibly some of the most beautiful words the human could hear. Because, Seulgi only says things like that when she really means them. She often expresses her love in other ways, meaningful ways like writi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter