end

Dynasty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A shot fired.

 

She heard someone screams and Chorong’s heart beats faster than it already was. 

 

No. No, it’s not her. Please don’t let it be her. 

 

That was all she hoped, all she prayed for. God, please let it not be her. Chorong never had been the religious one, never believed in a god, but right now there’s nothing more she would want to believe in. Chorong runs faster to where the sound came from.

 

It was supposed to be a duo mission. But not until her partner start doing a bet on who’s going to find the killer first and now she’s all alone in an abandoned factory with no phone to contact anyone from their precinct. 

 

Her heart pounds faster when she hears someone talking from the third floor. She couldn’t decipher much from the person talking but she can certainly hear someone’s groaning as if from pain as she gets to the third floor. 

 

God please let it be someone else. 

 

Chorong knows she’s being selfish right now, praying that it wasn’t her partner that’s groaning in pain. Praying that it is someone else instead, groaning in pain caused by the shot she heard just then. 

 

As she gets to the third floor she see two people, one sitting on the floor by a pole with their back facing her. Another one standing, but looking down talking to the person on the floor. Chorong recognize him as their target. Their suspect.

 

Chorong moves slowly, hiding behind the machines. As she moves closer, her heart breaks to see that it was her partner sitting down, holding her left leg and as well as the pain from the gunshot. 

 

Thank God. 

 

When Chorong was sure she is within spitting distance with their target that she go out from her behind one of the machines. 

 

“Hands up!” Both Eunji and the suspect turns to look at Chorong as she aims the gun towards the suspect. 

 

When the suspect moves closer towards Eunji, Chorong shouts again. “Stop moving or I will shoot!” As the suspect stop moving, Chorong lurches herself towards the suspect and knocks the gun out from his hand.

 

The suspect yells before he starts throwing punches towards Chorong. She barely dodges the punch he sent to her face but when he aims for her stomach she was quick to send a kick to his guts making him falls down to the floor. 

 

Seeing him in pain, Chorong gets to the only thing in her mind right then. Jeong Eunji.

 

Chorong crouch down next to Eunji as she ask. Worries clearly painted on her face. “Eunji, are you alright?!” 

 

Eunji barely have any time to answer when she see the suspect moving from behind Chorong. She lurches her whole body, despite the agonizing pain from her leg towards the suspect. 

 

It all happened too fast. Chorong barely have time to process what’s happening. One second she was asking if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter