Fin.

Eunbi's fault

This was all Eunbi's fault. That's right, there's no one else's but the beautiful, amazing, outstanding Kwon Eunbi's. Sakura has been in this dilemma of peppering kisses to a certain someone. The worst part is, its like the woman in question doesn't care if Sakura dies of heart attack at all! 

Kwon Eunbi, 24. Is Seoul University Dance Department's President and is Sakura's love of her life, the sole reason why Sakura thinks she'll die earlier because her smile takes her breath away Every. Single. Time. 

 

"Hyewon, I think its time for Eunbi to stop doing that." Sakura told her friend one fine afternoon while they're having their group study at the University's library. 

 

Hyewon lifted her head from reading their reviewers and just rolled her eyes. She sighed and turned to their other friend Minju, looking at her with a disappointed face. "Here we go again." she whispered to the brunette. 

 

Minju just shrugged, used to this daily occurance in their life and went back to reading her reviewers too. 

 

The three of them, Hyewon, Minju and her had been friends since middle school. Everyone envied their circle because, well, according to people, they looked like Goddesses who walked down upon earth to grace everyone with their visual. Not that Sakura opposes that idea, but have they seen Eunbi? She's a total Goddess, an Angel, if you may ask her. 

 

She squinted her eyes at her friends. "What do you mean by that, Kangchan?" she asked, feeling betrayed. Its not her fault that Eunbi is that perfect and is a constant in her mind. It is Eunbi's fault herself!

 

"Nothing. Just focus on studying, lover-girl. So that maybe, you'll have a chance with Eunbi." The blonde haired girl said, still looking at her notes. 

 

Sakura frowned at that. "Hey! What are you talking about! I have a chance with Eun, okay? She's just not realized it yet, but she sure will fall in love with me! I have my own charms, you know!" she huffed. It is not a secret to everyone how in love she is with Kwon Eunbi. With the stunt she pulled last year just for asking her to be her date on the Engineering Gala, which by the way is a success, she's sure no one else will be her rival for the older's love. She chuckled at that. 

 

**

 

If someone ask her how she fell in love with Kwon Eunbi, she'll no doubt answer 'That's just how it is. You'll fall in love with your soulmate the moment you laid your eyes on them.' Gosh, she really is sappy isn't she? 

 

She remembered how she met Eunbi. It was spring of her Junior year, her mother just re-married a year after her father's death. Not that she oppose her mother doing it, for her it just feels too early for them to move on from her Dad. She was curled in a corner of an abandoned building when she heard a Jazz music playing. Curious, she went to where the music is and there she saw a girl dancing. She looked so elegant, like a beautiful swan in a lake. Her movements were intricate and beautiful it made her forget her sorrow.  It gave her hope. Not when she fully had the chance to glance at the dancers face, she realize there's no one else more beautiful than the person in front of her. 

 

The next day she knew her name. 

 

Kwon Eunbi. What a beautiful name fitting a beautiful goddess. She learned she was a senior at their school and knew how perfect of a lady she is. She remembered asking Hyewon and Minju nonstop about her and every information made her fall even more. 

 

And so her journey in making Eunbi fall in love with her started. She made herself known to the older girl, but life sure hates her because the first time she introduced herself to the woman, she was sent to detention room for pranking her classmate. She admits she's a little mischievous when she was younger and that led her to a reputation that surely isn't likeable. Specially to a model student like Eunbi. 

 

She tried her best to be better, really. She stopped her pranking and started to study more, although it's a bit late for the school year but she managed to pass. Before the end of the year she confessed to Eunbi. Unfortunately, Eunbi declined her. She knew it will happen. Instead, she just smiled to the older woman saying "It's okay. Just wait and i'll make you fall in love with me, Kwon Eunbi." and then she left, heart feeling heavy but full of determination. 

 

From that day, she followed Eunbi everywhere she goes. She figured annoying her will make herself unforgettable to the older woman and so she always and she was rewarded with eyerolls and huffs that she found really adorable. 

 

**

 

"I swear, Kangchan. If Eunbi won't go on a date with me this time, i'll do your suggestion to go on Tinder." she told her friend.

 

"Took you long enough." Hyewon just rolled her eyes. She really didn't understand why Hyewon seems to be not fond of Eunbi, her sweet goddess. "What?" the blonde ask. 

 

"Let's be real, Sakuchan. You're pursuing Eunbi for like what, 5 years? 6 years? And she didnt looked atleast once on your way! I'm being the frank friend here. Sorry, not sorry." Hyewon shrugged. 

 

Sakura know it herself. That if Eunbi really is falling in love with her, she'll atleast flirt back a little to her. But everytime she do, all she gets were eyerolls and ' off' which she would of course replied with ' me yourself' earning her another eyeroll. Sometimes she also find herself annoying, but what can she do? She really wanted Eunbi's attention. Not gonna lie, she's starting to lose hope. 

 

"Sakuchan, it'll be okay." Minjoo patted her back. She just smiled at her friend, not reaching her eyes. 

 

"Huh! Would you look at that." Hyewon huffed. She looked at the direction Hyewon is pertaining and she felt her heart crack. 

 

From where they are you can see Eunbi laughing while talking to someone. She never talked to her that way. She seems like she was having a fun conversation to whoever she is talking to. She don't know who is it because she is facing her back. And when she saw a glimpse of the person making her goddess smile, she stiffened. Flashback of a younger Eunbi, at a rooftop just an hour after her confession to the older, holding a box and handing it to another woman. A petite woman, a little older them smiling fondly to her goddess. She really doesn't want to eavesdrop and decided to walk away when she heard Eunbi sobbing. She looked back and saw the love of her life heartbroken. That's when she swore she'll make her happy. 

 

She immediately went to Eunbi's side and there she saw her again. Lee Hyeri, Eunbi's first love. 

 

"Eun!" she called, running to her goddess. 

 

"Sakura?" Eunbi asked, looking confused as to why she's running to her. She immediately wrap her arms to the older's face, scowling to the black haired woman in front of them. 

 

Eunbi slapped her arm on the older's waist and just rolled her eyes. 

 

"So you're the famous Miyawaki Sakura that everyone's been talking about." Hyeri looked at her, amused on she don't know what. It makes her more irritated to the woman. 

 

"Huh?" is the only thing she managed to say. 

 

Hyeri just chuckled. "You see, someone's been talking about you nons—" Hyeri was stopped by a hand, Kwon Eunbi's hand to be precise. She looked away from them, feeling her heart broke into pieces. What can she do? She's confident no one will rival her when in fact there is someone she can't rival with for Eunbi's heart because it's hers in the first place.

 

"Hyeri! There you are!" another woman from a distant called. The said woman was running to them and she can't believe how familiar the new woman is to her. 

 

"Soojung?!" she asked to no one. Just checking if she's seeing it right. 

 

The girl, Soojung, she's now sure, looked at her way and was surprised to see her. 

 

"Saachan?" Soojung asked, but then hugged her nonetheless. "Its really you!" The woman squealed and starts kissing her face. 

 

"Hey, Soojung stop it!" She tried pushing the woman away. Jung Soojung, the younger sister of her step-sister's girlfriend, is known to be clingy to people only she's comfortable with. Don't be fooled by her resting face, the woman is a real fluff ball. 

 

"Huh, that's Soojung-unnie for you dear." The older looked at her still wrapping her hands around her neck. "Unless your accepting my offer to be my girlfriend, you can call me Soojung." The woman winked. 

 

"You know Sakura, Soojungie?" another voice, probably from Hyeri, asked. 

 

The clingy fluffball, still hugging her like a bear, sticking her cheek to her own beamed. "She's Taeyeon-unnie's step-sister. Remember her? Jessica-unnie's girlfriend." Soojung then looked at the other woman at Hyeri's side. Eunbi looked at them, mouth agape, maybe because of shock, blinked rapidly. 

 

"You're Eunbi, right?" Soojung extend her other hand while the other still clings to Sakura. 

 

Eunbi seemed to be in a trance and just blinked to Soojung "Eh?" the goddess added. 

 

"You really are pretty, Eunbi. No wonder my little Saachan here won't agree to date me. I approve of you. Let's be friends." Soojung rambled nonstop, now holding Eunbi's hand with both of hers. 

 


"Uh, sure?" Eunbi just said. 

 


"Great! Now that were friends, let me tell you this." Soojung's face took a complete 360 from a fluff ball to a serious straight face. It gave chills to the three of them. "Take good care of Saachan. She really is a good person and an important younger sister to me. So if you hurt her, hell will break loose. Understand?" Eunbi just nod. "Good. Now let's go, babe. I think you're done talking to Eunbi here." She held Hyeri's hand and smiled like nothing happened. Sakura herself can't get used to this side of the woman. 

 


"Of course, let's go babe. See you soon, Eunbi! And Sakura." Hyeri nodded to her side. The couple then left the two of them. Still dumbfounded on what happened. 

 

She cleared . "Eun?" she called. 

 

The older looked at her. "Huh?" 

 

Scratching the back of her neck, she asked. Is your classes for today done? Can I walk you home?"

 

Eunbi blinked. A sudden spark in her eyes. She can't read the older's eyes. She seemed, relieved? Her eyes were now calm compared to earlier and she looked happy. And it twinkles like the universe lies and fit inside of them. 

 

"Sure." she just smiled at her. She was stunned. Eunbi never smiled at her. It is the first time she smiled at her! 

 

"Are you walking me home or what?" The older started walking. 

 

"Hey, wait for me!" 

 

**

 

They choose to take the subway. Sakura has a car but she decided it'll be better to ride it together. It irritated her that she fell asleep on the ride because she really want to talk to Eunbi. But then waking up with her head on the older's shoulder is somewhat worth it. She'll just pretend she didn't caught the goddess looking at her. 

 

They have atleast 15 minutes of walk before reaching the older's home and Sakura is determined to ask her on a date one last time. She just hope it'll work or she'll be busy swiping on Tinder on the next few days. 

 


"Eu—"

"Kkura-unnie!!" A tall energetic girl hugged her from behind. 

 

"Yujin?" she asked knowing that the puppy-like teenager is the one hugging her. Yujin is Eunbi's younger sister. They got close one time when she's the one who answered a call from Eunbi's phone while they're having their 'review' session. It was Yujin's teacher asking for a guardian and she showed up not telling Eunbi about what happened. Since that day, Yujin was on her side. Sometimes telling her about Eunbi's suitors and helping her shooing them away. 

 

"You know Yujin?" the older woman asked, confused. 

 

"We just met somewhere." She just shrugged. She looked at Yujin, talking to her through her eyes to go away. 

 

Yujin seems to got her message and immediately run off to their house.

 

She sighed. What a day. 

 

"Everyone seems to be in love with you, Miss Miyawaki." Eunbi said with an amused smile on her face. 

 

She shrugged. "Yeah, everyone but you. Its useless then." she smiled to the older woman. This is it. Its now or never

 

"Eu—"

"I also am." 

 

They spoke in unison. Sakura was stunned in a moment. 


"Wait, what?" she looked at Eunbi, who's face now painted with red. 

 

"Eun, wait a minute." She held Eunbi's hand. Heart racing. "Eun, look at me." she held the goddess' face. When Eunbi looked at her she swear its all Eunbi's fault. It surely is Eunbi's fault she'll die at such a young age. 

 

"What did you say?" Sakura looks like a broken record by now but she really wants to hear it from Eunbi herself. Heck she's been waiting for this since forever. 

 

Eunbi took a shuddering breath. Looked straight into her eyes. "I'm saying, i'm in love with you like everyone else, Miyawaki Sakura. I am for a long while now." she said sincerely. 

 

"Are you crying?" The older asked drying her tears with her thumb. The way Eunbi is holding her made Sakura sobbed harder. "Hey, its okay. Its okay." Eunbi cooed, now hugging her tight. 

 

She really can't believe it. The feeling overwhelms her she can't help but cry. 

 


They stay hugging for a couple of minutes when Sakura finally managed to look at Eunbi. "Are you really sure of what you said? " she asked again, making sure.

 

"That I'm in love with you? I'm 101% sure, you dork." Eunbi held her face with both her hands and Sakura melts. 

 

"I love you, Miyawaki Sakura." Eunbi then said. Like its the most normal phrase to say. Like its a nature for her to tell those words. 

 

"I love you too, Kwon Eunbi. Thank you for loving me." she said now holding Eunbi's hand on her face. 

 

"No. Thank you for loving me." Eunbi said while leaning towards her. She closed her eyes, and when lips reached lips, the world stops spinning and it took her breath away. Eunbi's lips were perfect. It perfectly fits her own. 

 

It really is Eunbi's fault. 

 

It really is her fault she's this happy. 

 

END.