The Dream Spirit (Final)

How Well Did You Sleep Last Night? (TaengSic Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: I recommend you to listen to "Maze in the Mirror" by TXT while reading the chapter because it's the main soundtrack of the song. Hope you will like it everyone ^^)
 

FIRST NIGHT

"Honey, I will go home now maybe I will visit you on the other day." Jessica's mother always leave her alone at the hospital when the night comes because she had to take care of the house alongside with her younger sister Krystal whose only 5-years old and staying at their neighbor during daylight after her bastard father left them because of another woman, her mother was busy on her work as a janitress in some major company in Seoul while she's staying at the hospital in Jeollado. She's been tough to take care of herself when her mother left her some foods to eat and some money if needed, she's already get along well with her nurse who watched over her.

"Take care Mom." She answered softly before the door closed. She coughs for a moment and let her eyes wanders outside her window, it felt empty and lonely for the years she was staying alone here most of time, she misses her childhood friends and the feeling of happiness but she remains positive everyday. She warmly smile at her nurses and to other patients who also had severe illness like her, she never loses hope until one day when she's outside and visit the garden, she met an old woman and told her a story about the Dream Spirit of Jeollado who wanders in everyone's dream at night, she told herself if there's a chance she will meet or seen the spirit who has a golden hair.

"It's time for sleep Jessica." Suddenly, her nurse check her and told her to rest because it's already 9 p.m. so she fake her sleep because it's very rare for her to have a peaceful sleep every night because of too much coughing and her breath shorten that suffocates her sometimes.

"Goodnight Jessica." Sunny said.

"Goodnight Sunny unnie." Jessica responded as the nurse smile warmly at her before she left her patient.

"Jessica." The lone patient opens her eyes widely when she heard whispers but no one's around the small room except from her.

"Where are you?" The patient called when the visitor suddenly shown herself.

"Sleep well." Jessica saw someone standing infront of her but she couldn't visibly seen her unwanted visitor when she slowly fell asleep instantly.

SECOND NIGHT

"Wow Jessica you seems to have a good and peaceful sleep last night." Her nurse Sunny told her when she woke up at 10 a.m. when she usually woke up before 5 a.m. waiting for her nurse and prepares her breakfast and bath.

"Really?" Jessica asked curiously.

"It's already 10 a.m. since it's very unusual for you waking up late and I'm happy you sleep well last night." Sunny smile at her while preparing her breakfast and put her new spare of hospital gown after she take a bath later.

"Thank you much unnie." Jessica bows at her nurse respectfully as she gladly take her breakfast in bed with a satisfied feeling that she slept for too long and have a good rest last night.

"Let's get you inside." Sunny spend her whole day with her patient Jessica who rarely went outside and since she's not so busy today due to few patients, she decided to take the young girl who needs to stroll around outside her room.

"Are you tired?" The sun was already setting when they finished playing with the other patient all day long but she saw Jessica still feels lonely and thought she must be tired.

"Let's prepare your dinner." Sunny gently push the wheelchair where Jessica was sitting properly and comfortably after they were done outside.

------

"Sleep tight Jessica." After washing her patient to sleep, Sunny left her again and she went home afterwards with her boyfriend who pick her up at the hospital.

"I can't sleep." Jessica whisper to herself as she stares at the ceiling of her room until the temperature turns cold so she tightly tuck herself under her blanket closing her eyes and wait for her sleep to finally succumb her.

"I really miss Krystal." She usually plays with her sister at home when she stop going to school because of her illness while her father started to went home drunk abusing her mother when she heard her loud cries for help but she couldn't even help her because she's weak and small for her father so she could only protect Krystal from his wrath.

"How's Mom?" Jessica sighed but she tried to smile painfully and be positive that she will be cure by her doctors.

"Jessica?" She heard that mysterious voice again from nowhere so she decided to stood up but a cold hand pushes her back and sprawl into her bed again.

"Who are you?" Jessica curiously asked from her sudden visitor when she finally saw her blurred figure infront of her but she heard nothing but silence.

"Dream spirit." She recalls the story told by the old woman in the garden.

"You remember?" The melodic and mystical voice asked but Jessica still couldn't see her face fully.
 

"You're the dream spirit?" The patient weakly asked when she felt her chest tighten because the spirit gently pulling her into a magical dimension on the other world specifically her dreams which Jessica was still unaware.

"Where are we going?" Jessica's eyes filled with too much curiousity when she let the spirit pulls her inside the dimension colored rainbows.

"It's beautiful." Jessica felt warm when her feet landed on the grassy land but the skies were totally different from her real world because it's filled with sweets such as chocolates, gummy bears and whipped cream since she still thought about eating sweets and her mind always filled with positivity despite of her sickness.

"You're the one who made it Jessica." The dream spirit softly said but her feet floating above the ground.
 

"Me?" She pointed at herself while watching the spirit playing with clouds of cotton candies and ate them too.
 

"I think you need to wake up now." The spirit told when she senses the nurse trying to wake up Jessica from her sleep.
 

"It's already 11 a.m. on your real world." The spirit check the clock tower from afar inside Jessica's interesting dream.
 

"WAIT!!!" Jessica's eyes open widely and her nurse was worried and scared because they heard her whimpering on her slumber when they stopped infront of her door so Sunny got panic and immediately wakes her up.
 

THIRD

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter