(1) deteriorating process

blurry

"What are you doing?" Jongwoon questions Donghae as the man tries to break another furniture within his reach.

 

"It's freezing out here, hyung!" Donghae answers Jongwoon with a shivering voice and while rubbing his arms to feel some kind of warmness.

 

 

Donghae opens the unlatched window of the so seemed abandoned beach house. Jongwoon looks at him with panic, and looks around if anyone could notice them. He's worried they might be suspected of breaking in. For a minute, he was just paralyzed with fear.

 

Jongwoon finally snaps out from that state and called Donghae in a whisper that almost seemed like he yelled at him. "Donghae-ah, let's just get-"

 

Donghae slams the front door open, making Jongwoon almost scream and Donghae could only laugh aloud at his reaction, although knowing there will be consequences..

 

He couldn't stop laughing at the man who's now giving death glares, and he thinks the older man is already killing him inside his head, "You should've seen your f-face," he couldn't construct words well now given that he can't breathe due to laughing so much. "Oh, shut up," was Jongwoon's only response. It sounded so strict that Donghae immediately obeyed his words.

 

Jongwoon looks around at the house. While Donghae stood still at the door, looking at Jongwoon's face, beckoning.

 

"Come on, Jongwoon-hyung! The house is fine! Nothing's going to break here.." but Jongwoon pointed at the water at almost foot level swamping the floor, and also the holes from the roof, and the termites on the wooden structures of the house, which is everywhere, not to add the broken light bulbs in some areas. Donghae sighed, "It's not that serious. Just.. trust me on this, will ya'? I promise to protect you, and I will stand by that,"

 

"I hesitated for what seemed like forever," Jongwoon spoke, within his dream. He remembered, this is a dream to him. He remembered, Donghae will soon be a fever dream to him.

 

"I know, Jongwoon. I know that you want to come inside," and Jongwoon did. He walked cautiously towards the dark house.

 

"The moment you walked into the house, I knew that I had you, too. You noticed that, right?" Donghae spoke with much seriousness.

 

As soon as he entered the house, he closed the door immediately.

 

"Donghae, where are-" 

 

He was cut with Donghae's pure excitement, "Wow! there's so many wine here! Probably some rich oldies lived here, no?"

 

Donghae was wandering around the cabinets full of alcohol and wine, his eyes beamed as his fingers lingered at the expensive beverages.

 

"Damn, a chateau mouton rothschild pauillac. These babies are expensive as hell!" Donghae was ecstatic about this, too ecstatic, as Jongwoon thinks. It's adorable, he kept himself composed though otherwise he'll pinch Donghae's cheeks hard.

 

"Since when did you have an interest with wine? And how in the hell did you learn to pronounce that?" that part seemed unbelievable to the older man, because he always pictured Donghae as a baby. The guy acts childish and oblivious everytime that it seemed like it's just his nature.

 

"My friend, Kyuhyun," Donghae said.

 

Jongwoon recollected memories from his interaction with Kyuhyun, "Oh, I know that kid. Of course I do. His existence simply annoys me. For sure he is quite handsome, it's just that.. aish. He has that big attitude that just infuriates me," and oh boy, he was mad.

 

"He is one of the most bothersome peeople in the world. He's nice too but he won't show me that side often. But he would always talk about wine and alcohol, wine and alcohol, and brag about his whole collection of it that I couldn't help but to have a liking with it, too," Donghae agreed.

 

Jongwoon raised an eyebrow to him and asked, "Really? Then tell me, what other annoying stuff here on Earth that you know about do annoy you?"

 

Silence. Complete silence. The room was filled with it for a short while. Jongwoon noticed Donghae was trying to get something out of his mouth while pretending to look deep into the outside. He was almost convinced the younger is in subspace. He's about to shake him to reality until...

 

"You leaving me,"

 

Three words, three ing words. And he's taken aback. The way Donghae said it so non-chalantly, he's stunned. 

 

He regrets it, every single bit of it. But Jongwoon shouldn't look taken aback by it, right? He knows, he knows his fault. Donghae's hurt all because of him, it's all his fault. He doesn't even know now why he agreed to this in the first place. Jongwoon thinks this is a mistake, trying to make himself forget that all he caused to Donghae was pain and misery. He tried to remain unfazed and thought of another topic to drive away the drama he doesn't want to face at the moment.

 

"So, you're drinking again? I hate it when you're drunk, but I like it, too. You're cute when you're drunk," he mumbled the last part that he thought Donghae wouldn't hear. The younger man slightly smirked and the opposite immediately regretted letting that one sentence out of his mouth. "Is that so?" Donghae asked with a little bit of mischief.

 

"I-"

 

Donghae just giggled a how his hyung looked so flustered about it. He always found him so easy to read. Jongwoon, on the other hand, could already feel his cheeks burning hot.

 

"What's his name?" Donghae asked out of the blue. "Who?" Jongwoon replied.

 

"You told me you have a boyfriend before we came in here." Donghae isn't looking at him while replying. "Oh, uh. Hyukee. I mean, Hyukjae... Lee Hyukjae. He's a choreographer in Seoul, a popular one too. We met at a stu-" 

 

"Does he treat you right? Does he take care of you? Do you feel loved when you're with him? Tell me,"

 

Jongwoon looked confused, "Donghae, I-  we're in a dream, this, you, all of this is a dream now. So what's the point answering those?"

 

Donghae shrugged, "Alright, fine. Lee Hyukjae, a famous choreographer. Nice name, I guess,"

 

Donghae was ruffling through something, a drawer perhaps. He pulls out a flashlight, and flashing it to Jongwoon's face.

 

"We should look for candles and matches now!!" and Lee Donghae was back to himself again.

 

"I think we should go..." not that Jongwoon was getting impatient, he just.. feels going now before anything happens.

 

"No, no, no. It's our house for tonight!" damn, Jongwoon couldn't resist Donghae's childishness. Hae looks at the envelope at the counter beside the drawer and looked at the stamps.

 

"So tonight we're Kim Heemi and Park Jungsoo. I mean, I'd want to be Jungsoo-ssi but I consider myself rather flexible. Anyways, hyung! Can you pour some wine for us now? I gotta go to their.. our bedroom to change to something Jungsoo-like, I guess," and then Donghae ran.

 

Jongwoon yelled as he can feel real impatience now, "I think I should just go now! I-I'll.. miss my ride!"

 

Donghae yelled back from upstairs, "I thought this whole scenario is a dream so why are you getting a ride, you dumbie?"

 

He's right, so much for an attempt in escaping here. Does he even want to escape from Donghae or just because he thinks he might do something he'd regret again? After all, this whole thing's a dream. God, he's so dumb for processing that just now, he thinks.

 

"Fine, go. That's what you're good at, right? Go, Jongwoon." Donghae yelled again but Jongwoon didn't know how he managed for it to be in a serious tone.

 

He did, he went out, ran towards the bonfire him and Donghae we're sitting in earlier. But everything's closing down on him. 'Huh, so the end is nearing.' he thought. So he had no choice but to go back to the house, and he saw Donghae waiting for him.

 

"I know, I'm irresistable," Donghae said while leaning at the door, crossing his arms and a smirk forming on his lips.

 

"I had no choice, dumbie," he mocked Donghae like earlier.

 

"But still," Donghae pridefully said. Jongwoon shrugged defeatedly.

 

"What if you stayed this time?" Jongwoon always gets surprised with Donghae's out of the blue questions.

 

"Would that make a change?" Jongwoon said as if he's going to cry, 'Donghae, everything's ending for us, there's no more time.' he thought.

 

The house is fading, and Jongwoon knows Donghae will, too.

 

"Well, I honestly don't know. But you should say goodbye to me at the least. Let's pretend we had one, please." Donghae's eyes... it's so unreadable but why, why was it twinkling? It just makes things completely difficult for Jongwoon.

 

Donghae's image becomes vague as he ran to Jongwoon amidst the decaying environment. He stood firmly in front of Jongwoon and said his farewell.

 

"Good bye, Jongwoon-hyung"

 

And Jongwoon finally cracked, "I love you. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry," his emotions were too hard to contain as tears were already falling down.

 

Donghae walks closer to Jongwoon's face and when he got close enough, he slammed his lips with the man. He kissed him with so much passion, so much sadness. He broke off after a while, knowing their time has come. Their time to forget each other. Donghae whispered four words that Jongwoon thinks he wouldn't forget even though his hope was at zero percent of chance. But he'll try.

 

"Meet me at Gwanghwamun.............."

 

 

 

 

Everything fades except for Jongwoon, and the bonfire he thought faded away. But that too was disintegrating. The fire burns out and the man could only watch the darkness surrounding him. It was like a paper lit on a windy night.

 

And when Jongwoon finally blinks, the memories of his past is now a blurry sight for him. Including Donghae.

 

 

...................

i'm so so sooooooooooo sorry for the cliche attempt it's so boring and depressing. idk if i'll continue this though so yall could get to the bottom of it. i'll contemplate about it. thank u for reading tho and congrats to my 10 fellow yehae shippers we won in life when yesung posted that crumb.