Prologue: Surprising Family Relations.

(AU) The Eternal Prince: From Idol to a Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nagoya, Japan

JIN POV

After Jin waved goodbye to the rest of BTS members, he slowly got boarded the jet. As he entered the cabinet, he saw a familiar person already sitting. Jin sighed and sat down, facing the person. 

"I thought I was going to see you in Seoul." Jin sighed, leaning back on the chair. 

"Greeting you in person seemed the most appropriate." The passenger folded his long legs and put his hands in front of him. He was very well dressed in dark purple attire. This person was arguably one of the most powerful men in Korea, not to mention in all of Asia. Despite only being a few years older than Jin himself, he had accomplished more in a few years than Jin had in his entire life. Yeah. It was pretty daunting to have the monarch of Korea as his cousin. Choi Taegon.

The fact that Kim Seok Jin was partially a pseudonym was known only to a handful of people. Seok Jin was initially born Choi Seok Jin but his idol admission forms were all changed to his maiden name Kim for reasons unknown. When he asked his family, they stated that they didn't know as well. But back then, Jin had gotten the impression that they weren't telling him everything. 

What was even less known was that he was related to the reigning monarch of United Korea, a fact that made him understand why his last name was changed back then. A few years after he had debuted, the coup de'at in North Korea, along with reunification of the Koreas happened, the formation of a new Korean Royal Family, and the massive political reformation that happened in less than a year. And the new Royal family was composed entirely of his oldest cousins and older brother Bidam.

The final fact was something that continued to baffle Jin to this day. Since how long ago was this planned, and how much his family knew about this? 

"Deep in thought?" Taegon asked suddenly, and Jin was taken out of his pondering.

"Yeah, sort of. I just didn't think that Prince Sovereign of Korea himself would be escorting me," Jin muttered. "Imagine the media uproar when it finds out."

"Cousins greeting each other is hardly scandalous," Taegon stated, staring outside the mirror. 

"The fact that we are cousins is unknown to anyone outside a handful of family members." Jin snorted. 

"Which I intend to rectify soon," Taegon replied. 

"Remember, I'm doing this for only two years. Then I'm going back." Jin replied. 

"If that's what you want." The older cousin leaned back as well. 

There was a period of silence again between them as the plane took off from the parking lot. 

Jin frowned. "What are you planning?"

"I don't know what you mean." The Prince replied as he finally turned to his younger cousin, staring at him directly. 

"There's no way that you'd just let me leave after two years," Jin added. "Too much is going into this for this to be a temporary commitment."

"I'm abiding by the deal that we made three years ago, Seok Jin. And I have no reason to deviate from that." Taegon spoke calmly. "Everything that happens after will be either out of my hands or your choice."

"Will it be?" Jin was highly doubtful that it would be the case. 

"There is no reason to work with you if all you want to do is leave," Taegon answered calmly. "If being an idol fulfills your life, then that's what you can choose."

Deciding to change the subject, Jin asked. "How's everyone doing by the way?"

"You can ask them yourself. Everyone is coming, including Yushin."

"Yushin too?" Jin raised an eyebrow. "I didn't think he would come for a simple announcement." 

"He has his reasons for coming. And I may have convinced him to leave Pyongyang, even for a bit." The Prince Sovereign answered.

"Well, whatever is the case, I plan to enlist in the Marines as soon as this entire thing is done." Jin crossed his arms. "I already told others that I'm joining the Marines."

"You can tell that to Yushin when you meet him. Whether he'll allow you to do that is a completely different thing." Taegon added.

"Wait, you mean you can't order him. You're the Sovereign Prince." Jin frowned. 

"You'll find that many things aren't what they seem," Taegon spoke, and Jin was not comforted by that answer one bit. A few hours passed, and the plane finally landed in Jinsil, and the two of them were quickly escorted to the Samjogo Palace via a helicopter. From the helicopter, Jin looked out in amazement at the Jinsil City.

Jin still couldn't believe that the city of Jinsil was once the DMZ site only 5 years ago. But after the reunification of North and South, the Royal House used the resources of former North and South to create a new capital city, as a symbol of new beginnings. It was still under massive construction and development, but the main region, especially the Samjogo Palace Island, was flourishing. 

Back to the present, after Taegon and Jin's helicopter landed, they were immediately greeted by a host of guards and caretakers. Jin froze slightly as he saw the army of personnel already present. 

Taegon turned to him and motioned him to follow. They entered the palace, and Jin saw a very familiar figure. An extremely tall, handsome man wearing a suit was waiting for them behind the entrance. "Jin, it's been a while." He spoke out.

"Hyung!" Jin smiled and embraced his older brother.

Now serving as Chief Foreign Ambassador of Korea, including Ambassador to the US, Choi Bidam was traveling all over the world. Because of both of their schedules, the two brothers rarely meet each other. Well to be honest, they couldn't meet each other often before, as Bidam was attending college AND training as a professional athlete while Jin was training to be an idol. But both of them were still very close.

"I hope the trip here wasn't too tiring," Bidam noted. 

"It wasn't. But it was a long day and night." Jin sighed, sadness evident in his tone. Bidam put his arm around his younger brother's shoulders consolingly. 

"Don't beat yourself too much about it." The older brother said soothingly.

Taegon was about to say something, but one of his aides spoke into his ear. "I apologize, but I have to attend to another matter. I'll see both of you soon."

"Alright, later." Bidam nodded, and Taegon left with his aids. After that, he turned back to Jin. "I know how you feel. Putting aside your entire career for this." The older brother added. Jin then remembered how Bidam, or more well known as the Hwarang, was considered the most successful athlete in South Korean history, with over 4 Olympic Gold Medals in Taekwondo and Volleyball. The sky was the limit, but he retired early to become one of the Four Princes. "Come on, walk with me." The two brothers walked along the lobby together. 

"Was it easy for you?" Jin asked. "I mean, you still had so much time until retirement."

"Of course not." Bidam shook his head. "At first, I didn't even want to do it."

"Then why did you?" Jin looked at his older brother inquisitively. "Why not just stay as star athlete?"

"Because I would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter