one

The Royal Advisor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Meenseong, the queen of Aurora was walking around the country side in a disguise. She has been ruling the country since she was eighteen, alone. The three things she loves in her lonely life are, her son, her people and walking around without guards at night. Or maybe now four.

“Hello little boy. What is your name? Why are you walking in bare feet?” The queen sat beside the poor little boy with dirty clothes who was playing with pebbles with his dirty fingers. The boy on the other hand just glared and resumed doing whatever he was doing. The queen asked again “What is your name little boy?” Again, he didn’t reply. “Don’t wanna tell me?” The queen asked even more softly hoping the boy will reply this time.

 “I don’t have shoes” Cold the queen thought.

 “Okay I will buy you one pair of shoes if you tell me your name”. The boy glared again. This time differently. The queen was trying to read if it was surprise in his eyes or excitement.

 “Why should I tell you my name?” Cold again The queen thought. “Okay I am your friend from now on. Will you tell me if I tell you mine?” The boy nodded. The queen stretched her hands and said “I’m Meenseong. You are allowed to call me Meen because you are my friend” The boy took her hand and replied shyly “Baekhyunee”.

 

 

 

The most favorite hobby queen Meenseong has developed in last twelve years is watching her one and only son and his best friend bickering with each other. She still can’t believe, Baekhyun, the orphan she met on her night walk years ago has become a huge part of her life. She doesn’t love him any less than her own son. She even wanted to officially adopt the boy. “But you said you are my friend. I don’t want you to be my mom. You’ll leave me like my mom did. I want you to be my friend forever. Besides you already have a son, who doesn’t like me.” The six years old boy said pouting. A smile forms on her face without her knowing, remembering the words she exchanged with the boy on that particular day. She was so busy in her thought that she didn’t notice her two favorite boys coming towards her. “Yo Meen, what are you smiling for? Got a boyfriend?” The sixteen years old boy sat beside her on the pergola swing stretching his legs. “Hush little boy. We have people around us. Show me some respect. I am not only your friend but the queen of this kingdom and for the heaven’s sake manners Baekhyun!” said the queen pulling his ear. “Ah ah” Baekhyun tried to free his already red ear. “Pull his other ear too mom”. Another voice was heard, an angry one.

“And why is that my son? What did he do this time?”

 “Mom he called me a tree. Just because he is a shrub who gave him the right to call me a tree?” The crown prince sat on the other side of his mother, fuming.

Hearing his son’s words, the mother chuckled. “Why are you smiling?”

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun said at the same time which made the queen laugh this time. Both of them glared hard at the queen.

 “Okay okay boys I won’t laugh anymore. It’s just you two are so cute.” “HE CALLED ME A TREE MOM”

 “HE CALLED ME A SHRUB MEEN”. The queen controlled herself from laughing even more harder. “Ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter