Confusion

Joy's damnation
Please log in to read the full chapter

Panting. This was all that could be heard from the corridor. Humidity adding some difficulties to breath. Nothing could be seen in the dark place. The only hint of presence being the echo of her breathlessness.

She looked around, trying to find her way out. Although her eyes got used to the dark, she could not distinguish what was in front of her.

Still, she decided that moving was her best option. So, she started running. Holding onto the only thing that could possibly help her in case IT comes back.

She ran. Her robe getting in the way she tried to untie it to get rid of it, but it would only slow her down.

Her eyes caught the sight of windows, and she figured that it was night. Obviously, not so much time passed by. Even the moon hid itself.

When she received a note in class, she did not imagine that someone would try to attack her. Not here at least.

But she was not that surprised. Probably getting used to it. Clans are the worst, but she wasn’t really a part of any of them. Which made her a vulnerable target.

Before she could turn around the corridor, she heard movements getting closer. Her beating faster, veins showing up on her forehead. She was starting to panic. She tried to accelerate. Running was definitely not her talent.

The noises were coming closer, she knew the gap was tightening. She felt the presence right behind her. Closer. Too close…

“Endoloris !” She felt a hand gripping her wrist, taking her inside her room right in time. The voice was masculine and low.

“Collaporta”.

“Why didn’t you use your wand ?!” She could not answer this question. Why didn’t she use her wand? Why wouldn’t she?

“Lumos.” And suddenly the wand lights up.

The face in front of her was familiar but not enough for her to know who her savior was.

“So why did you not use your wand again?”

“I panicked.”

“A wizard should not panic. You got powers for them to be used! Damn. That was close.”

The tension in his face was starting to fade away. She could now distinguish his features. His frowning brows, dark eyes, pursed lips, and large shoulders. He was tall and well built.

“Are you going to keep on staring at me? We need to go back to the dorms. It’s not safe, although I do not think they will attack you again today”

“Why did you help me?”

“Then I should have let you there?” He shrugged, still pissed off.

“What is your name”

“You don’t know me ?” he raised his eyebrow, obviously surprised.

“I…” she hesitated for a second before continuing “I don’t really know anyone here. I got here recently my name is..;” He cut her off. “I know who you are. Joy.”

He sighed, but she could tell that he was not as upset as before.

“I’m Kai. Sophomore.” He turned around facing the room. “Alright, let’s go back to the dorm. I’ll open the door, stay behind just in case.”

He accompanied her until the dorms. Just as he said, no one was outside, probably left when they saw she was not alone.

The walked in silent, she tried her best to follow his steps. Getting lost was not an option.

“People here are… immature. Although we’re in college, and although we are wizards, things are like that. Get used to it. We almost know everyone because we’ve been here since high school. But you know… you are quite famous… So, do not trust people easily.”

“Yes.” She said that in a short breath. Of course, she knew this. It was not new. She was Joy. The famous only child of the most bloodthirsty wizard. The one who’s everyone’s scared of. Starting from her.

“I… alright. Hmm can’t really follow you inside the girl’s dorms so.”

“Thank you!” she bowed 90° in front of him.

“Yeah it’s noth…” he got cut off when a girl appeared from nowhere. Literally. “”.

“Ya ! Kai! I called you a hundred times you ” Her voice was sweet despite her ords. She was wearing a regular pair of jeans and a tee-shirt. Still looking gorgeous. Probably Joy’s age or so.

“I was busy Nayeon.” He rolled his eyes. Girlfriend?

“Sure. Well you’ll explain this to mom. She said she found you the perfect pretendent for your next date.” She turned slightly, to face Joy. “Oh.” Turning to Kai again, with a worry look on her face. She stared at him, interrogation on her eyes.

Joy felt uncomfortable. The reason why she could talk to people was this. They either hated her or felt scared.

“Joy. This is my sister Nayeon. She’s a freshman like you.”

“Kai… I don’t think it is a good idea…”

“I’m sorry for bothering you, I will go back inside. Thank you again for helping me. I am very sorry” she bowed a few times before running inside the building.

 

“Kai this is so wrong! Do not see her!”

“She is studying here! People are harassing her, am I supposed to stay still and watch?”

“So, what are you now? A hero? “

“Nayeon. You know where the wrong is here. You know she probably do not deserve this, not because of what her…

Please log in to read the full chapter