Music becomes her

Girl with the guitar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just some Chaennie with Jennie falling in love with Chaeyoung who plays the guitar because she does look super in love with her anytime she does play that guitar, which can anyone blame her, no. Of course they can’t. Enjoy.


 


 

“And before she knew it, Kim Jennie was in love with the pretty blonde who played guitar like her life depended on it.”


 

Kim Jennie didn’t think of herself as a nosy person, not at all. It was however not hard to miss the moving truck outside of her apartment complex, or the boxes just outside of the empty apartment across from her, one that is apparently about to get a new neighbor. She wasn’t a nosy person by any means. But she found herself curious as to who could be the new neighbor. The boxes told her nothing of course, and the neutral tones of furniture being brought up also told her nothing. 

 

“What am I even doing.” Jennie whispers to herself. She shouldn’t be this nosy about who the new neighbor is, after all, she didn’t talk much to the person who last occupied that space, who’s to say she will with this one. Before she turns away from her door she does see a guitar case, and that does intrigue her more than it probably should. Her new neighbor was a musician?


 

Park Chaeyoung parked her motorcycle, removed her helmet in a slow, almost commercial filming sort of way, and chained it up before meeting the movers who had already started moving her belongings inside. 

 

“Ms. Park, we’re nearly finished moving your furniture….”

 

“Is my guitar okay?” Is really the only thing the woman wants to know. Her question startles the man so badly, since normally people would care more about their actual furniture than one guitar.

 

“It’s fine, Ms. Park, still in the case.”

 

“Well, that’s a relief.” She sighs and thanks the man before heading inside the apartment building. The fact that the movers have been getting her furniture inside without any issues is of course a huge blessing, though the blonde is way more concerned about her guitar. She picks up her black guitar case that was left standing in the hall and sighs again, thankful that it’s okay. She might appear to look like a crazy person standing out of her brand new apartment, more worried about her guitar being damaged than most of her furniture. But for Park Chaeyoung music is her life, it always has been. She isn’t even worried about how she has to rearrange most of the things in her place that can come later, as long as she has her guitar everything else is secondary.

 

“Ms. Park…”

 

“Huh?” Chaeyoung looks up to see the movers starting to place the bedroom furniture now. They sure move fast, either that, or she was too busy thinking about the music in her head she was dying to write down on paper.

 

“We’re almost done, Ms. Park. Is there anything else we can help you with?”

 

They truly were basically done, all the heavier furniture was placed already, anything else she could do herself, as far as unboxing the personal boxes, so Chaeyoung declines, thanks the crew, while writing the check. The first thing she was going to do was write down the lyrics in her head.

 

“Oh…” Her stomach grumbles suddenly. She hadn’t eaten since some time this morning, perhaps the musician needed to see about getting food first. The music could wait a bit longer, right? Chaeyoung grabs her keys and heads outside to find a place to eat. 

 

Had Kim Jennie been a few moments earlier she would have walked out of her apartment to see her new neighbor, and for a while. It felt like Jennie didn’t even have a new neighbor because she had never seen any sign of whoever it was, and she hadn’t been the only one. No one had seen any sign of the person that occupied apartment 4C. There was even a bit of a joke going around that there was no neighbor and maybe a ghost. For a moment Jennie might have believed such a thing too, that is until she had her first encounter with the woman across the hall. 

 

It was the sound of a guitar being played one Saturday morning that was Jennie’s first introduction. Jennie was outside, having come from an early morning run when she heard the music, someone was on the roof this early in the morning playing guitar? This had to be the new neighbor, right? Because never before now had there been anyone playing music, at least not in the morning on the rooftop. Jennie looks up and sees if she can spot anyone. The building itself only has 8 floors, it’s not a very large apartment complex, but even still she can’t make anyone out from where she is standing, all she hears is the guitar. Jennie logically knows it’s none of her business, and she isn’t a nosy person by any means, however she blamed her curiosity that morning that allowed her to head up to the roof of her apartment building to see who exactly was playing the guitar. The closer she got to the roof the more clear the playing was, and in short the guitarist played beautifully.

 

Jennie opened the door to see a pretty blonde-haired woman, with adorable cheeks, somewhat reminding her of a chipmunk, and yet she had an alluring iness about her too, as leaned up against the railing of the roof, dressed in distorted jeans, light blue sweater, and strumming the chords of her guitar. Jennie recognizes the guitar case as the one she saw outside of the apartment across from her. This was her new neighbor, the one people were joking might be a ghost since no one had seen before. The woman was very clearly no ghost, she appeared very real as suddenly the blonde opened her eyes and looked directly into Jennie’s. Jennie felt suddenly taken aback with the sort of intense look in her bright brown eyes, that could only be described as if the woman was seeing through her very soul. It was scary but kind of exciting. She looked so attractive too as she continued playing, not seeming to be disturbed by the fact that Jennie was standing there.

 

For Chaeyoung, it never mattered if she had one person or a room full of people to play for, and though not originally expecting anyone to find her up here on the roof. She treated this as any performance, and gave it her everything, pouring her soul into that guitar as she always did. The dark-haired woman standing there looking at her was gorgeous, very clearly so. She reminded Chaeyoung of one of those print-models with her looks, full lips, big brown eyes, though she did have these dumpling-like cheeks that made her appear cute as well. Chaeyoung almost can’t believe that she even thought about such a thing, but it was rather true, and added more to this woman’s appeal.

 

“Did I just think of this woman as food…”

 

 Chaeyoung stops playing suddenly and looks visibly upset, damn Jennie hopes she didn’t offend her by intruding.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Jennie apologizes. “I didn’t mean to interrupt.”

 

The blonde shakes her head. “No, it wasn’t you. The song, it’s just not right.”

 

“What?” The dark-haired woman blinks, was she serious? Now, Jennie might not know much about music, instrumentally, that doesn’t mean she can’t tell when someone is clearly talented. Her neighbor is very clearly talented.

 

“But, it sounded great to me.”

 

Chaeyoung sighs a bit and slings her guitar over her shoulder in a way that looks way too attractive to Jennie that she hopes she’s not staring too much at her, though she probably is.

 

“It’s not right.” Chaeyoung repeats, and says no more before grabbing the case. “I should go, sorry if the music bothered you in some way.”

 

“No, I enjoyed it.”

 

Chaeyoung turns to her with a small smile and thanks her quietly. Jennie was about to introduce herself as well since this would be the perfect chance to do so, only the next thing she knows the woman is gone from sight.

 

“Hi, I’m Kim Jennie and it was nice to meet you…” Jennie mouths to no one, sighing a bit, at least they’d see each other again. They did live directly across from one another, so there would be a next time, and Jennie could at least know the blonde woman’s name. The blonde woman who played the guitar like it was a part of her very being.


 

Jennie didn’t learn her name until weeks later.


 

The only reason Jennie found out her name was because by accident her mail had been delivered to Jennie’s door.

 

“Park Chaeyoung…”

 

Now, she had an excuse to talk to the musician again, since she has her package. The dark-haired woman takes a breath and prepares to go across the hall. She hasn’t really seen Chaeyoung since that day on the roof. Sometimes, she has heard the guitar though, late at night, or early mornings. Why does she feel so excited to be seeing Chaeyoung again, she doesn’t know. Still she knocks on the door with the package in hand and waits. For a long while there is nothing. Jennie wonders if maybe Chaeyoung isn’t home. She’s about to turn to go when the door opens and the blonde looks at her curiously.

 

“Oh, it’s my concert crasher,” She teases the fact that Jennie had come up to the roof when she was playing. Jennie looks surprised for a moment, and tries to keep her eyes on her face, not the fact she is wearing a black sleeveless tank top that just happens to show off her biceps.

 

“I….” Jennie begins. “You don’t own the roof you know.” God, Jennie hopes she didn’t sound rude.

 

“Ah, I was teasing, Ms…”

 

“Kim Jennie. But Jennie is fine, I have your package that was accidentally sent to my door.”

 

“Oh, thank you! I’m sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.”

 

It wasn’t any inconvenience, all she did was walk across the hall with the package. She’s about to say that too, only the blonde is already sitting on the floor of her living room, unwrapping her package. Jennie takes a moment to look around the place, not much furniture, the basics really, a couch, coffee table, television, and then she sees something that alarms her greatly. Boxes, boxes still sitting around that haven’t been touched, meaning the musician hasn’t even unpacked these things.

 

“Hey, so…”

 

“Yes!” Chaeyoung says in excitement. “Everything is still safe in the bubble wrap. Vinyl albums, check, new guitar pick.” She holds the new black guitar pick in her hand like it’s a diamond. Chaeyoung doesn’t even notice Jennie is still standing there until she looks up.

 

“Sorry, would you like something to drink or anything?” 

 

Jennie is kind of more worried about the fact that many of her boxes are still packed. She’s been here long enough to unpack everything, so it is a bit concerning.

 

“Sure, water would be great.”

 

Chaeyoung gets up and grabs two bottles of water from the kitchen. She might not have unpacked everything from the kitchen area, but she has thought enough to at least have water.

 

“Could you use some help?” Jennie politely offers.

 

“Help with…”

 

“Your boxes, you still have a lot unpacked, sorry I wasn’t being nosy or anything. I just…”

 

“Oh, yeah, I’ve kind of forgotten to unpack some things. When there’s music on my brain there’s not much thought for anything else.”

 

Jennie had never met anyone like the musician, who was already sitting on her couch, grabbing her guitar. It was almost like the woman had a one track mind, and that was on music, not that Jennie could fully blame her or anything. She was really very good, and Jennie found herself distracted by her playing, even as she did start to help her unpack.

 

“Is this okay?”

 

The only answer she gets is the guitar still playing. “Okay, I’m going to assume it’s okay I unpack your boxes, Chaeyoung.”

 

“What, how’d you know...oh..” Chaeyoung laughs, and it sounds like the most musical sound to Jennie’s ears. “My name was on the package.” She goes right back to playing anyway, and in between unpacking her boxes and situating things for Chaeyoung, which she had never done for any neighbor before. She couldn’t help that she would stare at the blonde from time to time, who played the guitar like it was a part of her very being. By the time Chaeyoung stops, she doesn’t even realize Jennie has finished unpacking everything for her. She owed that woman dinner at the least.

 

“Thank you, Kim Jennie.”


 

Jennie could not get Chaeyoung or her guitar playing off her mind. Sometimes, she’d be at work and swear she heard Chaeyoung playing only to discover it was just music playing at the office, or she’d be on her way home and swear she’d heard that guitar and would look for the blonde musician only to find nothing. So naturally, on the day she actually did hear Chaeyoung playing, Jennie chalked it up to her mind playing tricks on her once again. That was until she heard her name.

 

“Oh, Kim Jennie!” She waves from her spot on the bench. Chaeyoung dressed in a graphic tee and jeans and cute shades. Jennie looked down to the fact that she was in her work clothes and how very overdressed she felt compared to the blonde, who was taking out a cherry lollipop from her guitar case and looked incredibly y while doing so.

 

“Chaeyoung?” Jennie laughs some. “What are you doing out here?”

 

“Thinking, watching, sometimes people are good inspiration for music. Did you just come from work?”

 

“Yes, I was actually on my way home now.”

 

Chaeyoung strums the strings of her guitar now in a mindless way, showing she’s not playing as seriously as she was moments ago, which is disappointing in a way to Jennie who really enjoys hearing how she plays. 

 

“I never had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter