i'm ready to forget you

i'm okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yena sat all alone in her apartment, staring at the wall in front of her, her coffee left cold on the table. She scrunched her face in concentration, thinking too hard about something as she kept her tears at bay. When did Yuri started slipping away? When did Yuri let go of her hand in the first place? When did loneliness took Yuri’s spot beside her? When did she became so detached? Where did they go wrong? When did the path started getting blurry for Yuri?

She wondered what happened. She wondered where it’s going. Where her relationship was going. Cause she didn’t know.

She wondered where it started going down. She wondered where it went wrong.

She didn’t know anymore.

Yena continued talking about her day as she moved around the room, putting her things on their proper place with Yuri sitting inside the kitchen, glued to her phone. Her job for today was a bit hectic with most of the people going around looking for necessities needed for the pandemic and the upcoming quarantine and with the sudden surprise of people inside the convenience store, Yena was a bit worried earlier that she wouldn’t be able to reach Yuri’s favorite restaurant in time. Good thing the owner knew her and stayed open for another extra hour just for his favorite customers. Yena hung her coat on the coat rack, putting her bag on the couch as she rounds the furniture to finally rest her dying feet. She turned and peeped her head from the couch to look at Yuri, seeing her girlfriend still staring at her phone, a faint ghost of a smile adorning her face.

Seeing Yuri smiling pushed Yena’s tiredness away, making her stand up and trudge towards the younger girl.

Once she was beside the red haired girl, Yena cupped Yuri’s fluffy cheeks and gently turned her towards her, a loving smile on her face. Yuri looks up from her phone and raised her eyebrows as if asking Yena what was up. Though a bit discouraged, Yena only passed it off as Yuri being tired as well. She leaned in and pressed her lips on Yuri’s forehead, closing her eyes as she savored this sweet moment between them. She was waiting for Yuri to put her arms around her waist and hug her, something she had always been doing ever since they became a couple. Yuri always loved hugging the older girl, her excuse being her wanting to be always near Yena.

“Have you heard what I told you?” Yena asked the younger as she leaned away from the kiss. Yuri gazed up to her guiltily and shook her head. Yena ignored the pang in her heart and covered it with a bright smile, ruffling Yuri’s hair in the same rhythm with her aching heart. “It’s okay. You’re probably tired from work like me, huh? Come here.”

Yuri could only nod as she kept shut, not able to say the reason why she wasn’t even paying attention to her girlfriend. She watched as Yena left her side, and Yuri frowned when she couldn’t feel the irritation she feels before whenever Yena leaves her side. Yena left Yuri’s side and leaned over the couch, grabbing Yuri’s food that she bought from their favorite restaurant, an excited look on her face. She turned around in a jump and waved Yuri’s ice cream, catching Yuri’s attention. “I bought your favorite ice cream!”

Yuri flitted her eyes towards the food in hand, and then went back on her phone. “Thanks Yena unnie. I’ll eat it later.”

The pain in Yena’s heart started growing more at that point, and it was sad that the duck didn’t know that it wouldn’t leave starting from there.

Silence filled the once lively apartment as Yena kept herself seated on the couch, watching the running TV as it played some random K-Drama that she doesn’t know. Yuri was inside their room, probably on her phone again and Yena really wanted to go and be with her but she couldn’t. Not with this kind of thoughts running in her mind.

She shook her head as she tried to pry away her attention from the growing itch in her heart, and followed her mind that yelled for her to go in her room and be with Yuri.

The room was also quiet when she stepped inside, and she sees Yuri lying on the bed, hiding under the bed, the light from her phone peeking through the blankets. She wordlessly went and lied on the bed as well.

For a while, it stayed like that. Just them lying beside each other yet treating like the other didn’t exist.

Yena felt like everything changed.

Even them.

“Yuri-yah.” Yena desperately wanted to talk about what happened about last week, she wanted to tell the younger girl that her reaction bothered her – scared her even. But she’s scared it might ignite a fight.

Yena didn’t want fights. It reminded her of her parents. 

Yuri turned around and faced her, not letting go of her phone. She raised her eyebrows again, and it irritated Yena when she was reminded of the same face from last week but she froze when she remembered another circumstance where Yuri made the same exact face.

And it scared her less.

It reminded her of the times when Yuri was still not into her. 

Back when Yuri was not interested in her.

When…Yuri wasn’t in love with her.

She turned away and blinked her eyes in a rapid pace, trying to blink away the upcoming tears.

When she was composed enough, she turned hesitantly, meeting Yuri’s back, the girl already back on her phone.

“Hey Yuri.” The said girl didn’t even turn, keeping her eyes on her phone. She hummed instead, not seeing Yena’s faltering smile. “C-Can you hug me?”

Without any questions asked, the younger girl turned and scooted closer towards the duck, slipping her right arm between Yena’s arm and torso, resting her cheek on Yena’s as she let Yena hug her back.They stayed like that for some minutes, but Yena wondered why she felt so cold the whole time.

It was like she wasn’t hugging anyone at all.

It was like it wasn’t real, like they weren’t real anymore.

After feeling that it was enough, that the hug she gave the the duck was enough, Yuri pulled away and turned away from Yena, as if nothing happened.

Yena stared at Yuri’s back since then, her hand hanging in the air as she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter